Solo Necessities

Emmadalor needs a few things from the store...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Necessities

Postby Emmadalor on September 4th, 2013, 1:14 am

1 Fall, 513

It was a new season, and the Akvatari was still bedridden. Granted her arrival in this impossibly frigid place had only occurred a few days prior, but already she was weary of her immobility. She could not stay confined forever to a bed, not without going out of her mind with nothing to distract her but her thoughts. But flight, for now, was impossible, thanks to that utterly careless and incompetent healer.

She had struggled with her decision, but she could wait no longer. The next person to enter her room was a young boy, whose eyes seemed to be magenta at the moment. Honestly, she could hardly tell these people apart; they all looked identical except for their eyes, and an individuals eyes changed from moment to moment, so that was no way to identify them. She had just about given up trying. It didn't matter anyway.

"Pale-faced boy, I require something of you." She withdrew her entire coin-purse from her possessions, and it was quite a hefty bag. "I cannot be shackled to this bed any longer. Go into the city and purchase a contrivance that will bear me, that I might see the sights. I do not care what it costs." She tossed the purse at the boy, who grunted as he caught it. The boy left, and Emmadalor was left alone to wonder whether the boy would decide to rob her blind.

Some bells later, the boy returned. Her coin-purse was now noticeably lighter, but not by so heavy a sum as she'd expected. The boy and some other workers helped carry her outside, and into a waiting sleigh. The wrapped her in furs, and handed her the reins to a beautifully white horse. The reins jingled when the horse moved, and she noticed six bright sleigh-bells attached to them.
She decided promptly to name the horse Hewit, for its white hair.

The boy who had purchased these things on her behalf was kind enough to give her a few pointers on how to navigate. To go forward, she gave the reins a vigorous shake, sending the bells jingling and signalling Hewit into a steady walk. She tugged back on the reins and the horse stopped. Turning was fairly self-explanatory, though she would have to make sure she had plenty of space. The equipage was adequate for conveying her about the town, but it was cumbersome. She was eager to return to the days when she owned the sky...

ReceiptTwo-person sleigh - 18GM
sleigh bells (2 sets of 3) - 2 GM
Avanthalian Sleigh Horse - 75 GM
tip for the boy - 5 GM

OOCIf there's anything I missed, please let me know so I can take it out of my ledger :) I wasn't sure about the price of furs, for example...
Emmadalor
Passive-Aggressive Pacifist

Words: 37823
Joined roleplay: January 19th, 2012, 6:49 am
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Necessities

Postby Caelum on October 28th, 2013, 1:59 pm

Thread Award

Name: Emma.

Skills:
  • Persuasion +1

Notes: Thank you for deducting the previously noted amount from your ledger. Deduct 2gm additionally for the furs.

Please delete or edit your post with this thread link in the grade request thread if able and, as ever, don't hesitate to contact me with any questions, concerns, or cobbler.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)