Closed Surely I'm hired?[Eldritch]

Clyde arrives in Zeltiva ready to teach

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Surely I'm hired?[Eldritch]

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 1st, 2013, 2:41 am

If nothing else, this would make Clyde's work a bit more difficult. He would need to speak to Marcus the next time he had a chance, and tell him of this. He likely would not have been the one directly dealing with anything... But still, it could cause some issues. He was only glad he had asked, and had been told of it. His part in it all at this point though, would be minor.

Clyde noted another name, Lisaelis, head librarian... Certainly a place he planned to visit, which could perhaps be combined with meeting this woman.

"No, no further questions. I suppose I should speak to my retinue, and get us settled in. Or traveling companions, or allies, or whatever they should be called. Ancient tongue does have one advantage, they simplify things. Common does have that failing, of so many things meaning one, and one meaning so many."

If nothing else, Clyde was interested in seeing the restricted section of the library. Though he did wonder what sorts of things would be there, that would not be in the normal part of the library. He also wondered if the information on that strange mouth less creature that had attacked him, would be in the library.

Considering Clyde had come from another city, he assumed having traveling companions would not be odd. Who after all traveled alone? Safety in numbers was almost a requirement of going more than a few paces beyond the relative safety of a city.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eldritch on November 1st, 2013, 3:12 am

Stonemiller nodded slightly, producing another piece of parchment that already had some writing on it. He quickly moved his quill in a singular stroke over it, handing it to Clyde. It was a simple notice that Clyde had an appointment to be examined on the 63rd of Fall to ascertain whether or not he was mentally sound. At the bottom was a roughly scrawled signature.

"When you arrive for your appointment on the 63rd, give that to a clerk and they will take you to the examination. I'll get these documents here to the Board for review, other than a dissenting vote from Agatha I am confident you will be approved after the examination. I'll be certain to send in my recommendation." The man stated.

The humorless professor actually chuckled at Clyde's insight into the Ancient Tongue, switching languages flawlessly for his next statement. Nader-Canoch flew from his mouth with practiced ease, never did a single word seem out of place or sound off.

"Provided you navigate the academic politics well enough I have a feeling you will do rather well here, Clyde Sullins. I look forward to watching your progress." The man stated, nodding slightly to the reimancer.

With that the older wizard occupied himself with another document, scribbling away again. It was clear that this meeting was over, however Clyde had exactly what he had been looking for. Only it came with some extra baggage and more than a few strings attached. Such was the way of the cut throat world of academia.

OOCI think this will be my last post. Go ahead and put up your last one and I'll award you your grade. :)
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 1st, 2013, 3:32 am

With that said, it appeared Clyde was done. He nodded, took the paper, and headed for the door.

He did find it funny though, considering he had left Ravok, only to fall into a pit of backstabbing, betrayal, and chaos. All under the seemingly nice covering of the University. The insight he gained into how chaos was often spread, or worked, became clear in his mind. They were as much doing Rhysol's work, as he was. Only he knew it, and they were in denial about it.

It was funny how it worked, but it almost seemed human nature to be as such. To betray and act on instinct. Small wonder Rhysol was so easily able to corrupt so many, even without them knowing.

He also thought back to other things, such as his own corrupting influences on him, which had nothing to do with Rhysol, at least as far as he knew. First his initiation into Reimancy at 5, against his will... Then Growing up in Syliras, where he was hated for existing and forced to hide what he was... Then losing his magic, and all he held dear.

And yet here he stood, a powerful mage, perhaps on the stronger for the trials he had undergone. In some ways it was comforting, in some ways not. Of course, it was also a bit unsettling, to know he was still surrounded by just as much betrayal as Ravok, if not more. At least there they were honest about being dishonest!
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eldritch on November 1st, 2013, 3:48 am

Clyde :
Skills
Glyphing +1
Logic +3

Lores
-Professor Stonemiller: Head of the University Magic Department
-Professor Stonemiller: Aurist
-Hired as Instructor of Advanced Glyphing pending Psychiatric evaluation.
-Agatha Simone: Member of the Board of Regents
-Finian Nathel: Talented Voider and the man Clyde took the job of.
-Psychiatric evaluation on the 63rd of Fall, 513 AV
-Lisaelis: Head Librarian and Member of the Board of Regents.

Notes :
Not much to award skill wise, but I thought this was pretty fun. Let me know when you want to do the Psychiatric evaluation, once we do that the position will be official. ;)

If you have any comments/questions/concerns about your grade please PM me and we will work something out.

Keep on writing!
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous