Among the wilds, they meet agian? [Kaie]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Aider Silander on November 8th, 2013, 4:50 am

89th Fall, 513 AV

The water crashed down to the earth with a thunderous roar, like tears of Caiyha falling down. The sight stunned the mans eyes, he ran his hand through the rugged beard that was growing on his jawline. He hadn't shaved in some time, but everything else about him was neat and tightly kept. His hair was trimmed short. He pushed his way along the rocks and mud that circled the pool of water, he wondered what sort of creatures inhabited this pool and the surrounding areas. He brought up his bow, just in case he were to be attacked. As he explored the surrounding area, pushing closer to the pool and the surrounding rocky edge. He let out a soft sigh, remembering the last time he had adventured outside of his lovely city. Where he met the lovely enemy that he couldn't hate. Something about the Myrians always made his mind race. But this girl made it worse, the fact that she was so young and she travel where she please and her outstanding beauty. He pondered meeting her again, what would he say? Would she actually remember him? He shook his head, there was no reason to be thinking about this in an area he didn't know. He continued his trek towards the falls, the loud crashing they made drowned out most of the surrounding noise. The birds and other animals that sang their song along with the waters pounding, relaxed him abit. He stopped kneeling down and resting, his eyes on the water as he watched for any signs of life in it. He tossed a few rocks into it, his bow now laying at the side. He grinned at his new found peace outside of the city of fighters.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on November 8th, 2013, 5:22 am

Scouting. That was her new position. Ever since the first incident where false information was returned to the raiding party, Trent had put her in charge. Whether it was because of the stereotype surrounding Myrians or the fact he trusted her to have a critical eye, Kaie did not know. What she did understand was that the farther they got from Ravok, the more scarce resources were. There were few travelers that often came between Ravok and Syliras this time of year, thus they raided whatever they could find. If they had the supremacy in numbers, Trent ordered them to make a go. Which is where Kaie came back in. Her job was the find those poor, unsuspecting victims. The killing came later.

Quiet was key out in the woods, she understood. Silence kept one alive and enemies off their tail. The woman tried to be conscious of her footfalls, hoping to catch thicker twigs with her eyes before she stepped down on them. She wasn't always successful, but she was far quieter than she would be if she was completely careless. Already she could hear the rushing of a nearby waterfall ahead. Considering she was high on the cliffside, she'd have to be aware of slippery bare rock, too.

It was beautiful when she reached it, the mist rising from the falls like dandelion seeds in the summer. The Myrian woman could feel the moist in the air, the specks of water freckling against her face soothingly. It was a beautiful sight, really. From the height she was at, she could see the pooling water below. And that's when she spotted a figure standing at its base. A man. Travelling alone....

There's no need to call the rest of the guys in. He's solo. I can take him on my own...

Heading back toward where she once came, Kaie crept along the slopes until she found a way to ease down. Her hands were careful, catching each rock hold with both feet and hands before finally finishing her climb to the bottom. Thankfully it was pretty short. And that's when her true hunt began. Falling into her predatory crouch, Kaie crept toward the pool's direction. It didn't take her long at all to reach the area.

When she reached him, he was kneeling and he had left his bow down at the side. Unarmed and vulnerable.

And alone...

She'd never come across such an ideal opportunity again. It was time to step up and prove her worth. She'd take the bow and whatever else he had on him, and head back to the caravan. Mission complete. But first had to come the killing. It always came first. So she eased toward him carefully, moving slow and deliberately through the grasses.

Everything was going according to plan. Everything was absolutely perfect until...

Crack!

Something beneath her feet shifted, letting out a loud snapping sound. She panicked, thinking only of the possibility of being discovered before she got a jump on him. Despite the birds and the powerful falls, Kaie simply couldn't risk him turning and getting the jump on her first. She had to rush him. She had to do it now.

She crossed the space between in several steps before she lunged at him from behind. She aimed low for his entire back, hoping to topple him into the pond where she could get a hold of his head and neck. Kaie could drown him then. But as they crashed into the water, she was sold on the idea of drawing her gladius and turning the pond to a blood bath.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aider Silander on November 8th, 2013, 1:28 pm

Panic, shock, fear, things that raced across his mind as he plunged into the pool with his unknown attacker. His bow left on banks, he had very little on his person to defend himself with. His instinct kicked in and He quickly grabbed at his enemies wrist, trying to keep whatever it was from attacking him. He turned using all his weight to get the better of her as he pushed his head up and out of the water. He pushed the attacker away from him, then looked around realizing he may have just given up his only advantage in this fight. He turned quickly and swam for the shore line.
"Who are you" he barked, his voice smooth but with force behind it. He had done exactly what he didn't want to do, he let his mind drift and completely lost himself in his surroundings. Now he was being attacked by some petty bandit. He pulled himself up on the shore and quickly grabbed the biggest rock he could. He stood there ready, now standing above the pool. "Show yourself! Before I crack open your skull" he demanded. His dark eyes danced across the pool, the mist from the waterfall wasn't helping him at all. It was hard to see his attacker, that he assumed was human. He tightened his grip on the his makeshift weapon and prepared for the worst.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on November 8th, 2013, 10:25 pm

Apparently her quarry was strong than she originally anticipated. The moment they hit the water, Kaie grabbed at his head trying to force him beneath the surface. Her mistake was the fact she used brute strength rather than technique. Before she had a true advantage, the man had gotten a hold of her wrist and torn her off him. Water splashed everywhere, blinding both in the pond. Kaie's own vision was impaired by the ever flying liquid in her face, her own body thrashing to get back on top. Her fingers grabbed at him desperately, searching to get a hold of either flesh or clothing. Searching for anything to give her leverage to bring him down. He was ahead of her though. Before she knew it, she was shoved roughly away breaking any contact she had achieved.

She went under almost immediately, slipping beneath the surface her body had broken. Water shot up and displaced in her wake. It was the perfect pause for her prey to slosh back to shore right toward his weapon. That's when she'd really be in trouble...

After a moment of regathering beneath the pond's water, Kaie finally got her feet under her and shot back up. She broke the surface with her gladius in hand, sputtering water she had accidentally taken in. Her brown hair's curls and waves were tamed by the weight of the water. She was a soaking wet mess. Her clothes, her hair. Everything. But it did not hinder her advance. The voice of the did, however, and she found herself too shocked to make a move. Instead she stood there in the water looking at him uncertainly. Her free hand lifted to swipe a water logged lock of hair from her vision. Amber eyes focused on the rock in his hand first, then shifted to taken in the appearance of an acquaintance she never thought she'd see again.

Aider Silander...

And there she was, staring down the man she was convinced she would hate. A Nykan. A man who lived in the domain of Ruros' son. How was it she had come to be fond of the face of a man she hardly knew? And why was he here?

"Aider..." She breathed, deliberating whether or not it was safe for her to sheath her sword or not. Considering he had a petching rock instead if his bow, she figured he must've still been a little shaken up. She couldn't blame him. She had just tried to drown him."The Fates work in mysterious ways don't they?"

If one thing was certain, she had better get to forming some sort of apology right then.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on November 8th, 2013, 10:50 pm

The disturbance of the water and adrenaline had his vision blurred as he looked down at the pool. His fingers danced around the edge of the rock, ready to strike at his enemy if they didn't answer. The that voice, that soothing voice, that he had heard so long ago. The one he wanted to hear again, to carry on a conversation with, to enjoy the company of again. Had filled his ears, he wiped his eyes trying to get a better view. There she was sitting in the water, she was the one who attacked him from behind. He couldn't help but smile, it really didn't surprise him that a Myrian would use what ever advantage was given to them in a fight, and a blind side hit was a big advantage. But that wasn't what was on his mind now, he dropped the rock and walked towards the edge again.
"Kaie? That cant really be you?" he said. He didn't make a move until he was certain that it was. "The Fates eh? Maybe the gods do have an interest in our friendship" he said with a coy smile as he reached out a hand for her to take. He couldn't leave her in the pool, even if she had attacked him. It just wasn't his style, he waited for her to take his hand before pulling her up onto the shore. Both of them dripping wet, he couldn't help but chuckle. Her exotic beauty still shone amongst the misty area.

"What brings you out here?" he asked, she was again close to his homeland, the city of which she hated. He couldn't imagine it was by choice, more so that she was traveling with her caravan again. His mind wondered what had happened in her adventures since they last spoke. "Id offer you something to dry you off, but seeing as you took both of us swimming, I have nothing to offer" he said with a joking smile, wondering if she wasn't just going to try and kill him anyway. His bow laid behind him, at the heel of his foot. Questions danced in his head, as he pondered their conversation in his head. He wondered what they would talk about, if they would talk or if she would just turn and leave. His eyes sparkled with anticipation of the enjoyment he would soon, hopefully, achieve in conversing with her.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on November 9th, 2013, 3:58 am

She was tense, apprehensive even, until his fingers allowed the heavy stone to slip from his grasp. The fall was quick and soon came the dull thud of rock against earth. It was enough for her to put away her sword. But the look on his face...

Bliss. His smile was contagious for that moment, and the savage woman caught it almost immediately like a plague. She mirrored his expression, eyes beginning to dazzle with amusement in his reaction to her presence. It was utterly bizarre. Shouldn't he be berating her, furious she jumped him like that? She tried to drown him and then pulled a weapon for Goddess sake! And here he was grinning at her, all friendly.

"Apparently," She mused as she took his extended had, letting him pull her out of pond. Her clothes were dripping, the water droplets splattering over the ground in a natural symphony. Kaie ran a hand through her soaking mane, pushing it back and shaking it a bit. His chuckle caught her attention, and she shot him a quizzical look. Only a moment of thought brought her to realize he was certainly laughing at the hot mess she had become. Amber eyes flickered down at her clothing, causing her to laugh at her own ridiculous appearances. She really had messed up hadn't she?

"What brings me out here? I should be the one asking why you are you here," She countered slyly, raising her brows interrogatively. There was a reason she didn't wander too close to Nyka. Aider knew exactly why. Yet what reason did he have for venturing so far from home? "No, that's alright. We'll let Syna dry us," She reasoned with a flashy smile, and then proceeded to shove at his shoulder playfully. "And you should watch where you're travelling alone."

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on November 9th, 2013, 4:30 am

Her laugh made his blissfulness grow, unlike the first awkward encounter this one seemed to be going a lot smoother. She wasn't threating him with a giant spear that was a plus. He watched her run a hand through her dripping hair, then locked eyes with her. She responded to his question with one of his own. Why was he so far from home, he wondered. Was it the idea of freedom and adventure from the normal life he lived? Maybe he just enjoyed being near nature, even the boggy areas like the one that form the lands around Nyka or maybe it was just the slight chance that they would run into each other again. He wondered if it was truly the fates, or just pure luck that brought them together again. She pushed him gently, he stepped back. A light laugh escaped his lips as he answered her question.
"Well... I don't know, I wanted to get away for awhile. I guess, maybe I just wanted to see you again " he said, acting like he some how planned this out. Of course he was kidding, there was no way he could plan this out. "I should, shouldn't I? But then how am I to meet my wonderful friends, like yourself?" he asked, a slight shy smile on his face. "You didn't awnser my question by the way. That's kind of rude." he rocked back on his heels. "How have you been? Seen any thing wonderful since the last time we spoke?" he asked.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on November 12th, 2013, 6:17 pm

She could feel his eyes on her even as she looked away, that stare far more friendly than she deserved. She adverted her eyes nonchalantly to look down at her clothing again, distracting herself with a new task to escape the kindness she did not deserve. Bronzed hands gripped at the part of loincloth hanging right up against her outer hip. They twisted and twined the sopping cloth around fingers until it produced a soft drizzle of water. The liquid pitter-patted along the earth just in time to harmonize with Aider's laugh. She could ignore the pureness of his character no more.

His first response made her hands freeze, a slight grin edging up the corner of her lips. Of course there was no way he could've possibly had that intention could he? The Wildlands were vast and treacherous. Since they last saw each other, Aider knew Kaie could've ventured anywhere since their last meeting. Perhaps some men just liked to turn on the charm.

"Most of the people out here aren't so wonderful, Aider. You shouldn't just wander around out here alone," She almost scolded, brow furrowing as if imagining the faces of the foul men she was referencing. Her own caravan.
Once she liked to think she was rather solid in ethics. Twisted, Myrian ethics but ethics all the same. But now they were slipping...Slipping as reality came and she was pinned with honor against self preservation. And Kaie was always an animal of instinct.

The Deyhans always loved trivial questions like that. To us, as long as you're not bleeding out or missing a limb, you're doing just fine.

"I'm fine. And wonderful is a relative term," She confessed, allowing herself to once again cater to the barbarian society's odd culture. For a moment, she was worried her words would somehow bring attention to her story, what she had done since last meeting him. They were deeds she did not feel up to sharing. Instead, she quickly projected the subject back to him. "Please tell me you at least know how to use that thing," Kaie jutted her hand out to gesture to his bow, which for some reason he had dismissed in exchange for a rock earlier. Her voice was almost restraining a tinge of irritation.
Why was it that she appeared almost concerned for his well being? Shouldn't she just brush off his foolish life choices as a folly of his own? She was not Aider's keeper.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on November 12th, 2013, 6:38 pm

She scolded him slightly warning him of the dangers of the wilds and men not like himself. He knew of these dangers, but he couldn't help but venture out very now and then. Maybe one day it would cost him dearly, was he really afraid of losing his own life? The past two times he had left the relative safety of his city he had run into the woman of a different culture who had a firm grip on his mind. One he couldn't just get out of his head like the others he had met. To him she was special, why he had no clue. Maybe because she was part of a culture that he knew little about other then what she had told him and the unkind words that his city had for them or maybe there was something about her that he just couldn't let go. Couldn't help but wonder if she was okay when they weren't together. He shook his head, she could probally handle herself better then him. But the idea of her getting hurt bothered him, then an thought crossed his mind. He pushed it to the side, he felt there might be extra meaning behind her words, but he wouldn't push it.
"If it means I get to see you Kaie then I'll take my chances." his words more defensive then charming. Ever since their last meeting he wished that he was more well suited for living amongst the wild, to travel with her. She quickly changed the subject, directing it back at him, she was hiding something. Part of him wondered if he should push, but another said it wasn't his business to. He could help but feel a ping of frustration and guilt. He wondered if being out here caused her this trouble. Maybe she needs to bring something back to her caravan. He looked at the bow she motioned to, he sighed and said "I would be lying if I said yes. I can shoot it sure. But eh... To be honest I probally would die if I tried to use it in a fight. Which why I grabbed the rock instead" he said. "I figured I could cause a bit of damage with it at least, didn't think trying to pull out my arrows and get a shot off would work. Figured it would be best to at least have the chance to strike before you killed me." he teased abit as it was her that attacked him earlier. He stepped towards her in some attempt to make the air between them seem friendly and less barrier like. She seemed to be questioning something in her own mind but didn't wish to bring it up himself, if she wanted to he was there to listen.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on November 12th, 2013, 7:19 pm

The Myrian woman watched him skeptically at first, waiting for his response, a semblance of a crack in his persona. She studied him. Took note of how he moved, the tension in his body if there was any, and the mood in his eyes. The only true insight she found was in the shake of his head to some thought she would never be privileged to know. All she could do was wait for him to process and respond his own beliefs. His answers continued to surprise her, which might've been the root of his suspicions. However she did not even consider for a moment she was malicious in any form.

"You're way too good to me, Aider," Kaie replied quietly almost only to herself, shaking her own head at his genuineness. He was solid in this answer. Unwavering. Any convincing she might've attempted to get him to take better care outside Nyka went right down the drain. There would be no getting past him. Aider's answer to her previous question made her want to tear her hair out, however. Had he not warmed the air between them by stepping forward, she might've smacked him upside the head for his carelessness. "You're killin' me," Kaie groaned at first, running her hands down her face. Once her fingers had raced down to tap her chin she finally addressed him. "Well at least you're honest. Good thing you think I'm such a "wonderful friend" then, huh?"

The Myrian woman raised her brow at him, ruining her hardened exterior for a moment to tease him. There were things she'd ask him. About Nyka, about himself. The last thing she wanted to hear about was how well Uphis was doing though, and she wasn't too keen on answering personal questions herself. But what do you say to a man whose throat you almost slit just to please the people securing your survival?

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next