Hello. This is fairly daunting.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Marx Eisenstahl on November 3rd, 2013, 10:54 am

Hello. This is- as you might imagine- my introductory post.

My real name is Sam, and I have always been interested in fantasy- but not the Tolkien-kind. This is what has most impressed me about Mizahar, and makes me so interested about it- it seems as though every other RP forum is about Dragon Age or Lord of the Rings, which while they might have originally been unique and imaginative, have unfortunately fallen into a bad case of Seinfeld is unfunny. I want to RP in an original world. This is compounded by the fact that I really enjoy world building, which is next to impossible in an established, canon-filled world.

On that slightly pretentious note, my RP experience is null. So, any help would be very much appreciated, as I have no knowledge on how best to act. Please tell me if I have done anything wrong, and I will (hopefully) swiftly move to rectify it.

Other than that, I will be making my CS shortly. I would like to know what kind of profile picture to use, however- does it have to be a photo, or could it be, say, a painting?
At first, you might think Marx Eisenstahl is merely a foot-soldier.
You could not be more correct.
Marx Eisenstahl
Defiled by huggles.

Words: 15126
Joined roleplay: November 3rd, 2013, 10:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kaie on November 3rd, 2013, 2:08 pm

Welcome Mizahar! It's always nice to see new players enjoy the uniqueness of the world created her, too! Don't worry about experience, that'll all come the more your write. For now just focus on understanding how things operate here and getting started. Once you've read the rules, starting guide, chosen a race, and you're ready for your CS to be created, I'd recommend reading lores connected to your new character. For example, make sure you're got an understanding of the race, the city you're starting in, and any gods you plan on worshiping. The more you know, the less mistakes you'll probably make. Don't worry about slipping up thought, it happens to everyone!

As far as the profile picture, it can be any kind of image. I've seen drawings, paintings, cartoons, and run of the mill model pictures like mine. As long as it fits the size requirement, you're golden!

Some useful links I thought I might attach for you:

You can use some of these Character Sheet Samples if you'd like. There's one for just about every city. These are really helpful in organizing what you need to have.

Starting Package

List of Deities

Gnosis List

Help Desk where you may request NPCs, starting gnosis, and etc. All is confidential and seen only by founders and regional storytellers.

Good luck! :)

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Quint Caravel on November 12th, 2013, 5:32 am

Oh hey, I had no idea you started just before I did! You seem far more seasoned than I am, and far more established in Syliras. I'm glad you're having a good time.
Quint Caravel
Currently dreaming about you!

Words: 151579
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2013, 5:46 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Marx Eisenstahl on November 12th, 2013, 7:44 am

Heh. Yeah, I'm pretty good at appearing to know a lot more about stuff than I really do. I hope you're having a good time as well.
At first, you might think Marx Eisenstahl is merely a foot-soldier.
You could not be more correct.
Marx Eisenstahl
Defiled by huggles.

Words: 15126
Joined roleplay: November 3rd, 2013, 10:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets