Riches and Rags (Valerius)

In Which Aristocrat Meets Acrobat

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Kit Rowan on August 21st, 2013, 11:13 am

Kit had grown up beneath the sky, more at home moving through the cracks of a city, with four walls serving as little more than a bolthole and a place to put a bed. Here . . . Kit bit down on her lip, watched Valerius take a slow, refined sip from his goblet. She paused and deliberately mimicked him, barely swallowing any wine at all. The taste felt strange, foreign, and exotic on her tongue. It was, other Alvads might have said, a taste to be savored.

"Of course," Kit said, bowing her head and smiling a brittle smile as, again, he brought up his aunt and sister. Don't betray me to them, he seemed to be saying. "I'll take my time to learn the estate today, then." If he was warning that, then what was he threatening? Stupid question; anything and everything he felt like. Best tread carefully.

"Ravok can be a little dangerous for someone without protections," Kit pushed. "You said you could provide some?" Her hands clutched together under the table, squeezing hard and tight.
x
Unless Otherwise Stated, Expect Kit To Have Already Disguised Herself With Illusionism As 'Shy' In Every Ravok Thread.
Kit Rowan
Acrobat, Sorceress, Rogue

Words: 433379
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on September 1st, 2013, 6:08 am

„Yes, I said that“, Valerius confirmed. „I can offer you protection. As long as you work for me – and do your work well – I will make sure that nobody, neither the common citizens nor the great families or the Ebonstryfe, bothers you.“

He noticed that she was nervous. Did she not trust him? He frowned. Whatever flaws he had, Valerius Nitrozian was a man of his word.

„Now that, Miss Carsma, do you have any questions for me before I let you be on your way again?“

He finished his wine, carefully wiped his mouth with a napkin and folded it so that the wine stain wasn’t visible anymore.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kit Rowan on September 2nd, 2013, 7:40 pm

Somehow, asking for more details seemed . . . unwise? Her newfound employer had shown some sign of irritation already, and considering what emotion he had allowed her to see, this might very well be his equivalent of screaming and fuming. Kit left what wine remained unfinished, distrusting the sense of warmth that now crept from her stomach down her legs and out into her extremities. "No, I don't have any more questions." She stood up, perhaps a little too suddenly, nearly shaken enough to turn and leave without asking the important question. "May I go, now?"

Kit waited for his affirmative before hurrying out the door herself, forgetting to leave her new patron with a proper bow or goodbye.

OOCAnd done. I had Val's OOC approval for that agreement to let her leave.
x
Unless Otherwise Stated, Expect Kit To Have Already Disguised Herself With Illusionism As 'Shy' In Every Ravok Thread.
Kit Rowan
Acrobat, Sorceress, Rogue

Words: 433379
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

Postby Vanari on November 12th, 2013, 10:19 pm

Kit
Observation +3 XP
Acrobatics +3 XP
Climbing +1 XP
Running +1 XP
Persuasion +3 XP
Rhetoric +3 XP
Composure +3 XP
Logic +2 XP

Lores :
  • Canals Are For The Weak
  • A Little Bravado To Cover The Rust
  • Popinjay, A.K.A. Valerius Nitrozian
  • The Nitrozian Estate: Wow
  • Tuuli And Melenna: Nitrozian Slaves
  • Sitanos: Valerius's Grandfather
  • Everything Goes Straight Here
  • First Assignment: Familiarize With TheEstate

Valerius
Observation +2 XP
Interrogation +2 XP
Persuasion +2 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Composure +2 XP
Negotiation +2 XP
Leadership +2 XP
Logic +2 XP

Lores :
  • Spotting Abnormalities In Ravok
  • Acrobatics: A Useful Skill To Buy
  • Alvadas: A City Of Change
  • Stealth Over Speed
  • Shy Carsma: Resident Of Tarsin's
  • Terms Of Employment

Notes :
That was tons of fun to read :D

Please don't hesitate to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns! Also, remember to either delete your grade request or edit it as "graded."

Cheers :D

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous