Solo Searching for Limitlessness When Limited

What can be done when your space is restricted?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Searching for Limitlessness When Limited

Postby Kaie on November 19th, 2013, 12:52 am

Timestamp: 57th of Fall, 513 AV

"You've gotta be petching kidding me, Renley!" Kaie said exasperated, her hands making wild gestures as if mind blown at his declaration.

"Listen to me. I can't have you running around in the woods alone like that. I'm responsible for your well being," Renley explained, voice calm and body language conveying a calmness that deeply rivaled the upset Myrian.

"Oh, come on! I told you. I was just setting a few traps. No harm done!"

"Really? No harm done?

Kaie's eyes widened and she nodded her head dramatically, hands splayed out openly to further her case. Renley looked at her unimpressed, arms crossed across his chest. His eyes stared into hers as if expecting her to burst into a fit of agreement with him. However she remained silent, expression surpassing mild irritation at her caretaker.

"Then explain that," He challenged, extending a finger toward her exposed shoulder, which was still in the process of healing from her recent encounter with Ravokian wolves.

Aw, petch! Forgot about that! I should've put on a cloak...

"Oh, please, Renley. What do you think it is?"

"It looks like trouble. That's what it looks like."

"Well it's not," She retorted indignantly, crossing her own arms like she was rivaling his stance. Her gaze took on a similar manner as well. They were dark and defensive, dense as she played her cards close to her chest. Renley saw right through her and he was damn confident about what he believed.

"Then what's it from?"

"Renley, come on. It's obviously from...That...From that thing. Clearly," Kaie shifted her weight just as suddenly as he eyes flickered wildly about the room, settling on a pitch fork hanging out in an empty hay stall. She licked her lips in an effort to keep herself from seeming obvious, hand leaving the fold to flick her wrist at the tool as if angry at it.

"Kaie, those marks on your shoulder are too small to be a pitch fork. More like a dog, wouldn't you say?" He broke her story down smugly, eyebrows raising questionably at her. Renley was much like a father forcing his children out of a lie right then. And she hated him for it.

"No, I don't think so."

He had her. She knew it, and her certainly did, too.

"You're staying here today and that's the end of it. Don't bother trying anything funny. Darian knows and he'll be around. As will I. It's my job to ensure your safety. I'll see you for dinner," He finalized stiffly before heading on his way down the barn's expanse. Kaie was fuming, her rebellious nature broiling and bubbling at the top of its confines impatiently. No one had ever told her where she could and couldn't go. No one ever dared restrict her from going outside for Goddess sake. There was never a reason to. Since when did he name himself her master when he himself was a slave?

"Your job is shoveling horse shyke and scrubbing the bottom of hooves, Renley! Not babysitting me!" Kaie yelled after him angrily in vain, her words only to spite him rather than carrying her true feeling about the man.

"We'll see about getting you a new coat tomorrow, too."

Damn him.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)