Among the wilds, they meet agian? [Kaie]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Aider Silander on November 13th, 2013, 11:04 pm

Instinct, a word he knew but had never felt. At least to his knowledge, he hadn't. He sighed again the awkward air surrounding the both of them. He wondered if he had gone to far, taken a step over the invisible line that everyone seemed to have. That marker where it was just to much, a difficult question or an unwanted advance, something that made people angry or sad. He tried to avoid stepping over this line when he could, but some times it was just impossible. Bells seem to fly by as he sat there, he turned his gaze away from her back into the fire. He felt that he shouldn't look at her, that he suddenly had that right taken away from him. Till she moved and sat down next to him, she was close. Closer then he could remember her being before. He looked back up to her, his own eyes sparkled with the fire. Her eyes were deeper then he had ever seen. Shining with a passion that he hadn't seen before in his life. She said that everyone had regrets, which he knew to be true. But that wasn't really what he had had in mind as she stared deep into his eyes, he couldn't help but feel that it was a well enough answer. She then asked he own question, much like his own she asked what he saw in her.

He shrugged before speaking
"Maybe it was the fact you gave me a chance, or maybe because I don't believe your race is a group of savages. Though if I met someone else I doubt I would be alive. You are different sure, but that's what makes it fun. Meeting different people" he paused for a few ticks. "There.... there was something about you in particular though. Maybe it was the way your eyes shone, or the sensation of pride that you give off. Something just drew me to you, made me want to talk to you. To learn about you... and your race. Maybe it was the fates? Your goddess pushing me to talk to you? Maybe someone up there thought it was a good idea. Or that Im just lucky, to talk to you. A warrior that has a mind, who isn't afraid to speak it. Its refreshing and in all honesty. I feel that I would be a different person had I not met you" he paused again. He smiled and pushed her gently in a friendly, flirty way. "Besides have you ever looked into your own eyes? They are hard to turn away from" he finished his long speech. He wondered if it was enough to answer her question. If it gave her inspiration to ask another, or would they sit awhile in complete silence.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on November 14th, 2013, 10:03 pm

His response was interesting to her, a woman whose stereotype played a part in everything she did. Everything she was and was not offered related to the Myrian reputation. Sometimes it was to her advantage, sometimes not so much. In either respect, she did not resent it. In her eyes it was a gift more than a curse. Should it not be the barbarians that aspire to be as her people are? To live and do as the Goddess Queen commands?

"Well I'll be a damned! A Nykan not only interested in Myrians but one who dares admit he might listen to their Goddess," She teased, throwing her head back in a sarcastic laugh. Such a thought seemed impossible. Uphis himself might've keeled over at the very notion. She hoped he did. "My eyes? What's so special about my eyes?" She asked in genuine interest, swaying with him gentle shove. There was something different between one's reflection in the water and how they appeared in true flesh. What was in her eyes that made them worth looking at more than another's? "You've always got your...Head in the clouds," Kaie began, struggling at first to find the odd phrase she had once heard in Syliras. "Why does a man with dreams stay in a city like Nyka?"

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aider Silander on November 14th, 2013, 11:21 pm

He was an odd one out of his group. No natural hate harbored towards anyone, he tried to give everyone a chance. She teased him and he smiled in turn. He yawned, he was tired after all his exploring making his way out here, but he tried to hide it from her the best he could.
"They shine brighter then any star, with a beauty that would shun any gem. They take you in to somewhere amazing, somewhere different. A place that is both safe and dangerous... Its hard to describe" he said. "I don't think there is a word to describe the feeling them give me- eh people" he said stumbling over his words. She asked why he stayed in his city, where he was relatively safe. He sighed and laid back in the dirt, he closed his eyes with his hands resting behind his head. He waited for a few ticks before speaking again. "Because I wouldn't survive... You've basicley said it yourself. I don't have the ablility to survive for more then a few day." his words were laced with discomfort and a bit of sadness. It was true that he most likely wouldn't survive more then a few days, and he didn't want to place the burden of his life on anyone he may travel with. So he stayed in the city.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on November 15th, 2013, 7:37 pm

His openness and honesty almost made her uncomfortable, not because there was anything wrong with him or what he said. Myrians were definitely not the poster children for love and affection. They were bled early and given pointy objects to wield by the time they developed a firm grasp. She was a creature of the jungle. Her home had been a crafted longhouse where a fire was always ablaze. Her world was one in which the strong survived or were cast out. All were expected to serve the Goddess Queen on the battlefield, and re-tame their wild environment. Rarely would one witness an abundance of hugs and kisses to go around, let alone so many heart felt compliments. Suddenly she felt more alien in that moment than she ever had in Syliras. What was she to say?

"Thank you," She said slowly, looking down at her feet for a moment where they baked beside the fire. The silence did not last long, though. Kaie had the mind to keep him from sensing her discomfort though she enjoyed his words. If only she knew how to accept and react to that type of kindness. "Very true," She agreed with him final statements, watching him coolly as he laid back with his hands behind his head. For a man so far from safety he was calm. Eyes closed carelessly like he could fall asleep without a worrying thought to plague his sleep.

Enjoy it while you can.

The Myrian woman twisted her hips from the fire to sprawl beside him. Her elbow propped herself up against the dirt, free hand resting on his chest to balance her while she adjusted. Her face was near his throat, eyes only catching the outer patches of light in the fire then. A playful smile graced her lips, fingers drumming on him in thought before she addressed him.

"So you will not leave because you believe you wouldn't survive...But here you are. All alone in the middle of the woods far from your stupid little city. Explain that to me," Kaie challenged him with a single raised brow. Maybe it did sound like she was beginning to interrogate him, questioning his explanation with plain and simple logic. Yet she couldn't help herself. Not everyone was lucky enough to escape the nature of their souls.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on November 15th, 2013, 8:06 pm

Aider laughed and smiled up at her.
"Now you know my problem. I want to escape but never get to far. I could head to the capital or Zeltiva, but what would I do when I get there? I would be stuck in the same situation I am in now. I have no plans, nothing set for the future. Im living day by day, which isn't a bad thing" he paused, feeling the tapping of her fingers on his chest. "I know my city, I know where things are and for the most part I know what might happen. I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of dying lost and alone. That's what keeps me here" he said. He chuckled and then said "You sure do have a lot of questions, what stopped you from asking them the last time we met?" His eyes locked on hers, he shifted ever so slightly to get closer to her. "And what about you? Why are you so close to my... stupid little city, as you like to call it" he asked. He simply wondered about her, her adventures and her plans for her future. She was so far from her actual home land. He was also curious about the people she traveled with, but he didn't know if he had the right to ask her about any of them. Maybe it would better if he didn't, but his curiosity made it very difficult to keep quite. "What about the people you are traveling with? Are any of them worth any mention?" he asked, nearly mumbling the words. His shirt would be dry by now but he didn't bother reaching for it, he savored every bit of this moment that he could. He sighed lightly and looked up at the sky. "Have you ever just wanted to run?" he asked with no real context. Just a random question that popped into his head and slipped through his lips.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on November 15th, 2013, 11:21 pm

She could've guessed he was a creature of comfort, a man fond of the familiar. His reach was limited, his adventures always close to home. His days were predictable and perhaps he took comfort in the known. So easy was it to stay put and make a life where you were born. If she'd had half a mind a few years ago, she would've been clever enough to do the same.

"Well if I wasn't before, I'm sure you're not a threat now," She teased him, adjusting the placement of her hand on her head. "I'm not too close to your city I'll have you know. And if you must know there's only one way to get back to Syliras from the North. South," She explained to him, rolling her eyes as if the fact was very obvious. In hindsight, it surely was. Unless she were to take a ship all the way around to Zeltiva and then hike to Syliras, passing Nyka at a safe distance was the only way. It's not like she had many options.

And then he asked about her caravan. Goddess, what did he have to ask about her caravan? There was little she could say about it to Aider. That they were thieves, murderers, and mercenaries all working toward their own interests. It's not like she could add that she was going to cut his throat just to prove her worth to the group, keep a couple of strangers going on the trail.

"Nah. They're just great," Kaie lied nonchalantly, brushing off the topic far too quickly. With his eyes up at the sky like that, hardly bothering to gauge her reaction, she could gather he wasn't as interested in the answer. More so he might've been casually inquiring. It was probably for his own good he left it alone. Only for the best. The truth, Kaie found, was often far harder to swallow. If he pressed, she would only lie. That was the way it needed to be.

The dreamer spoke again, bringing Kaie's eyes to his. He was staring up again. Gazing harmlessly at the world above where Syna slowly made her descent below the tree line, embracing the world in a glow of sunset. Reds, oranges, and pinks haunted the sky of few clouds. The savage looked at the Nykan for but a moment, her emotions imperceptible she hoped. And then she pushed off his chest, falling onto her own back and away from his embrace. Amber eyes studied the world above. It was endless. Vast and open to any who dared gaze upon it. All of it dominated by Syna and Leth, who would be making an appearance with time.

"I already have."

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on November 16th, 2013, 3:52 am

He sat back up as she laid down, part of his was struck with a ping of sadness. He chuckled at her tease and said
"How could I be a threat to a strong savage like yourself." He made air quotes when he said the word savage. He didn't think of her as a savage, she was a strong and beautiful woman. "I know you're lying" he said, saying nothing more. He shrugged it off, it wasn't his business to push her into something she didn't want to talk about. He waited for what seemed like bells to him, just looking her over. Gazing at her exposed skin, the shadows and light dancing around her body. He enjoyed the sight, like someone viewing a freshly painted piece of art. He turned his gaze way from her, reluctantly and sighed. "So when should you go back to them?" he asked, not expecting her to answer, it seemed like something she didn't want to talk about. But he couldn't help it, ether for his own safety or hers he couldn't tell. Besides part of him yearned for the answer that she would stay all night, or at least most of it. It was a conversation and right now he would rather not have to sit in silence. She answered his final question, she already had? From what? Her home? A former lover? The thoughts buzzed in his head, the look of interest gleamed in his eyes. He wondered if it would be okay to ask, if he had the right to. He grinded his teeth and pondered what would happen if he asked. She could get angry and leave... Or possibly kill him. Maybe she would just tell him, she seemed like a rather secretive person though. At least for the little he had understood from talking to her. "What do you mean? If you don't mind me asking?" he asked. His curiosity won in his internal battle. He put his hand under his chin, he rested with legs crossed.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on November 17th, 2013, 2:46 pm

Kaie exhaled a laugh through her nose, shaking her head with a fainter smile upon her pink lips. Her eyes remained shifting upward. The journey down the horizon by the Sun Goddess was quite a fantastic view indeed. Though a daily occurrence, Kaie could never downplay the beauty of the sky aglow with crazy colors that arose with the fading light. Soon enough Syna would be completely hidden behind the treeline and then over the edge of the world all together. Already could she make out Leth's outline as he rose into view. The savage would watch every moment, living in it and absorbing it like her last. Adding it to her lasting memories, wishing the downtime and tranquility with such a pure soul would never fall into the depths of oblivions.

The Myrian woman remained in her place and faded back into silence. His statement about her lying was more of a presentation of detected fact than an accusation, and for that reason, Kaie did not address it. She did not apologize and offer him the truth. Only the quiet of the approaching winter environment. The gaze was upon her, of that she was quite certain. However his wandering eyes were not intrusive or offensive to the detached savage. She knew when his gazing was through, his words would return to him again. She could wait.

The answer to his question was a very easy one. Yet for a moment, she wasn't entirely so sure she knew who "them" was. At first her mind flickered to distant faces and images of a world so far from the one she was in. Her family. Her clan near Taloba. She should be getting back to them soon. So very soon. Until Kaie realized that was not who he was referencing. He meant her caravan. Back to Trent and Quin, back to the rest. Returning to a group that would demand her to pillage and reap at their whim, all in exchange for her own survival. Damn safe journeys for being so priceless.

The Myrian only nodded slowly in response, her movements dramatic to make the message clear. Then she returned to her studying of the sky, breathing slowing to become relaxed. Aider was not through with his questions, though. It seemed this night, he was hinting at harder questions with casual ones. Luckily, they were ones she could answer as vaguely as she wished without leaving them unanswered.

"What do I mean? Aider, does this look like the Falyndar jungle to you?" Kaie asked with a laugh, turning on her side to eye him as if he had to be toying with her.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on November 20th, 2013, 5:11 am

As the night grew closer the wind became colder. Aider sighed it was his favorite time, when the sun was setting and the moon had begun shining brightly in the sky. He could see that she was deep in thought, he looked around and sighed. He crossed his legs and grabbed his shirt. He pulled it back on and leaned closer to the fire, he was bone dry now. She spoke again about the jungles of Falyndar.
"Well it could look like it for all I know. I haven't seen it remember?" he said with a smile. He shrugged his eyes once again locking with hers. "I mean, there are other things you could be talking about. Ran away from a job? Or a former lover" he said. He stuck out his tongue childishly teasing her. He wondered why she left her home, and if she missed it so, why didn't she return to it. "Don't you miss your home?" he asked, leaning back putting his hands behind him. He leaned on them and tilled his head to the side while looking at her like he didn't quite understand her. The things she did and said confused his simple Nykan mind. "Why didn't you travel with more Myrians?" of course he didn't know she wasn't. But he figured she would have acted different at the first meeting if she was. If she would have been more for her group and felt less sorry for the innocent fawn that was Aider. He wondered if she really found him that interesting and innocent. To him he wasn't really that innocent. He had his fair share of affairs and single-way relationships. He wasn't really innocent was he? Sure he hadn't spilt any other mans blood, but he had his fair share of dark secrets. He pondered over the thought of innocence and his view on it. It was obvious that their views differed but he wondered by how much.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on November 21st, 2013, 12:06 am

Kaie had a feeling they'd both be seeing the vapor of their breaths soon enough. That was the curse of winter's approach, the cold that settled during the end of fall. The kind that settled deep into one's bones and tore their bodies apart in fits of shivers. There was no escaping that kind of freeze. Only a fire could temporarily ease the uncomfortable tremors one learned to tolerate. At least Aider had the sense to put a shirt on. Thankfully her own clothes were nearly dry.

"Who knows. Maybe both," She teased him back, partially fueling the mystery surrounding her life and hiding it all at once. Never did she openly want to admit the latter accusation might've been somewhat true. Kaie could almost remember that day. That gentle, parting kiss in which one left in quiet fits of desperation and the other parting with detached emotions and restrained feelings. She couldn't remember the last time his name even slipped from her lips.

Kaie mused quietly to her, conversing between herself and the flames. A coy smile eased up her cheeks at his infantile gesture, rolling her own eyes in response. She should've known another question would come.

"Don't you miss your home?"

The Myrian woman stiffened despite the relaxing burn of the fire, her muscles coiling like muscular snakes prepared to strike. There was the slightest dilation in her eyes, one similar to panic, before they went dark. Dark and empty. Her vision disappeared into oblivion. In its wake was a hollow body and a wounded soul, all wrapped up in the appearance of a dauntless warrior. Once again, she left her own body to cross the Suvan. To return to the place the trees towered and blocked out Syna, Caiyha's creations ran wild, and the sounds of battle, victory, and glory rang through her ears. The place where everything was a splatter of color against a canvas of greens and browns. The place where longhouses laid, their fires looming upward through the trees. All fading behind the fearless roar of Navre's greatest gift, the snarl that could tear that whole world in two.

And then came the faces. The faces that tore her soul into bits, shredding it like one did to paper when ensuring no one else could read the words. Kaie did not see nor hear Aider. Not completely. His words reached her ears, but not the person inside the body. She was far, far away. And in a world of pain she would not speak of.

"Yes. I do. And I did," Kaie answered simply, her voice devoid of life and speaking only fact. Simple, requested fact. Harmless fact. But why did it burn her so? "You ask a lot of questions."

This time it was not so much an accusation.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext