[Temple of Laviku] Secrets Within Secrets (Edreina)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Ignotus Everto on November 18th, 2013, 6:00 am

Oh. So it was both. He... He could work with this. Admittedly, after Wrenmae left he was aching for a proper lieutenant, and though this Edreina couldn't be trusted with everything... He could do with someone like her at his side. If nothing else, her feylike features and endearing honesty would provide the perfect face for his goals... If she could learn to keep her trap shut. That or he could just keep anything sensitive away from her. A personal project, if he would. Really, keeping her distant from all the nasty business behind the scenes would be for the best. It wouldn't be right to mar her purity of thought.

"That would explain why your form was so sloppy," he chuckled. "The narrow-minded Hypnotists tend to be the worst teachers. Especially the ones with agendas. No, if you want to get people to do something..." the Nuit fell silent then, his eyes fixed on the drunkard.

It took a half-dozen ticks for him to notice, but in the end it became difficult not to feel someone staring at you. As he frowned and made eye contact with Ignotus, he blinked twice and turned his head to the right. Someone across the tavern had called his name, it seemed. With nary a second thought, the lug got up and went to find out who wanted him. They had said something less than kind, and he wanted to reply the favor, "you need them to think they're the ones choosing to do them. And, most importantly, you need to be subtle."

With that, he offered her his arm and a wink. "Shall we, then?"

A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Edreina on November 18th, 2013, 6:14 am

The fact that Ignotus was able to get the man to do as he wished was impressive but what floored Edreina was the fact that he did it without speaking. The concept of this floored the young Svefra so horribly that she took Ignotus's arm without pause, following him to a table.

Sitting seemed to break the stupor. "You can hypnotize people without speaking?" she gasped finally, color rising to her cheeks an instant later. "Sorry. Another dumb question. Don't worry, I'm full of them. But, better question, how did you do that? I thought that Djed had to be channeled into your- Stupid statement." She nearly smacked herself on the forehead but settled for shaking it gently, forcing herself to gather her thoughts. Obviously, as he had just shown, a person's mind could be manipulated without the use of words. "How... did you do that?" she settled for, head cocking to the side. But, she did not want to do just that. There had to be more. The waves of her mind were roiling as her curiosity woke and began to growl hungrily. An instant later, she restated her question in a way that would get her the answer she wanted. "How do you use hypnotism without speaking?"
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ignotus Everto on November 18th, 2013, 6:39 am

Ignotus was pleased now that they had picked a place like this to speak- it meant being overheard was highly unlikely. "Your teacher didn't tell you about eye contact?" he exclaimed with no small amount of shock, followed by a quiet tut-tutting. "Dear me, no wonder you find it all so difficult."

In response to her question, he shrugged. "How did I get him to move? He heard a slight against his honor, and went to confront the scoundrel." With an impish little smile, he said, "He might have to look for a while. As for how technically... I personally see it as a sort of extension of the will- I shift it to the eyes, and then out- or, preferably, the voice."

A twinkle came to his eye, then. "'But Hypnotism can be carried by much more than eyes and mouth, though eye contact gives the best results. For one like me, mere presence is enough to influence others. A tap or crack is also sufficient to convey meaning as well. And, if I may..." the wizard said gently, holding a hand out for hers. "Touch can also be a potent transmitter." As he traced his thumb against the back of Edreina's hand, a fierce euphoria overtook her; filled her blood and threatened to overwhelm her senses. The spell only lasted a couple ticks, however; Ignotus had no desire to exhaust himself.

The Svefra could, perhaps, prolong the feeling if she so wished, but it would likely subside sooner or later after the spell was lifted. "Would you like to learn more?" the Hypnotist asked, his voice black velvet.

A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Edreina on November 18th, 2013, 6:51 am

For the oddest of instants, Edreina felt herself swell. The feeling was the great grandfather of any joy she had ever felt before; it was sailing on a fierce tide and finding a new cave and mastering a new skill and that moment after the fierce passions she shared with Razkar all bundled into one. A grin to melt the heart of even the cruelest creature split her face, oozing the unbridled joy of one who was unburdened by life. A flush danced onto her high cheekbones, adding to her look of exhilaration.

But, in an instant, it was sapped away. The sudden onset and removal of feeling were, she realized, the greatest markers of its falsehood. She would remember that bit in the future. It was why she tended to build on emotions already existing, but to another degree; it was possible for one to build on that too much.

When her hand was returned to her, Edreina found herself absently running a finger over its pale surface, as if searching for some marker of the spell's touch. His question was met with a snort and yet another smile. "In the short time that you've known me, hasn't it become apparent that I'd take any opportunity to learn?" The smile transformed into a smirk, and the mien of her dancing tidal eyes indicated that she was ready for the challenge that this would present.
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ignotus Everto on November 18th, 2013, 11:33 pm

A grin cracked across the undead's face at that. "Excellent. One small thing first, though..." he said as he leaned back in his chair. "Call it an entry exam, if you would."
He wasn't about to give a fool the same tools that let him take over the Zeltivan government.

Something relatively simple, he decided, as well as unquestionably useful.
"You're being held captive by slavers. They have your hands bound, and your weapons have been taken from you. You're in front of their leader. You can still speak, and look around. There are two guards. You must escape. How?"

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Edreina on November 19th, 2013, 12:01 am

"Slavers..." And, for the first time, Edreina was quiet. Her smile disappeared and was replaced by knitted brows and a bitten lower lip as she turned the problem over and over in the span of an instant. Her inability to follow a train of thought kept her from being dismayed by each outcome she found to be improbable or illogical. Despite her flippant and thoughtless actions, Edreina had a brain that reflected her interest in arts beyond the physical and the monstrous curiosity she harbored. Being presented with a problem was something that she always enjoyed.

"If I were their captive for long, there is no doubt that I would have been able to gauge their personalities to some degree, see who hungered for power and who was a common school-fish. That would tell me who I needed to manipulate and how. If one were sympathetic, I would overplay my innocence," she smiled slightly, enjoying this puzzle. "Big blue eyes come in handy, I've been told. But, if there was one that hungered for power especially, I would begin to lay the thought that he could be leading better, that their leader was going about it all wrong... something like that. That would lead to turmoil between them. All of these would help me to escape but as it is, I wouldn't make it very far in the wilderness. It would be best for me to bide my time, waiting and watching them for more insight, until we near somewhere I can escape to." Innocent as she was, Razkar had opened her mind to an entirely new way of thinking. Most of the time she tried to keep her mind away from that avenue, feeling that it brought her down and dampened her mood. But, Ignotus had asked it of her and the excitement of using what little she knew to complete a challenge surpassed the sickening feeling in her gut that came with contemplating a future that was anything less than glowing.

"How was that?" she asked, freckled visage returning to the youthful excitement it had been a moment before. Ignotus was an interesting fellow and being able to possibly learn from him only added to his appeal.
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ignotus Everto on November 20th, 2013, 4:18 am

Ah, the slow clap. The only appropriate response to success. "Like a true Hypnotist." Ignotus said silkily. "Yes, I definitely see a bright future for you."
He was quite surprised that such an innocent, naive girl could figure something like that out so quickly. Of course, Hypnotism was rarely complicated. Just sensitive. And it was a rather easy conundrum. There was really nothing more to deliberate on- clever, physically able, capable of certain things he wasn't, and, if not already, then soon, hopelessly enamored with him.

'You come meet me in the Wright Memorial Library at noon in two days time and we can get started." he suggested. "There is much for us to cover."

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Taylani on November 23rd, 2013, 10:29 pm

XP Award!

Ignotus Everto:

XP Award:
  • +5 socialization
  • +2 hypnosis
  • +3 observation
  • +1 rhetoric

Lore:
  • Edreina: Dislikes being interrupted in prayer
  • Edreina: Scarred, tattooed and changed.
  • Edreina: Horrible at secret keeping

Notes: These are comments.

Edreina:

XP Award:

• +2 rhetoric
  • +5 socialization
  • +2 hypnosis

Lore:
  • Temple of Laviku: Coral pillars feel like home
  • The changes over time come to everyone.
  • Ignotus: Finds swordplay contemptible.
  • Is wrong to give life back to someone marked by Dira
  • Hypnosis: Ability to hypnotize with eye contact.
Notes: These are comments.

Comments :
Feel free to pm me with any concerns on grade, don’t forget to edit/delete your Grade request, .

TAYLANI
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous