Solo Birthdays & Phobias

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Birthdays & Phobias

Postby Kylie on December 9th, 2013, 12:09 am

A birthday was a special occasion; why? Because it only came around once a year. Kylie was a very social type of Konti. To the extreme if you will. Every single time her date of birth reared itself around she fully expected big celebrations from her beloved family. Namely her mother and grandmother whom made it somewhat of a tradition to make the youngest's birthday something worth tuning into. Today should have been Kylie's big sixty fourth.

Kylie just laid on large; white spread covered bed. Looking up to the ceiling above her. Anxiousness began to consume her being. Perhaps gardening was a good way to go in terms of taking your mind off the inevitable big surprise. That was the primary reason Kylie had chosen a Windswept condo as opposed to the pearl house; the gardening. There has always been a slight interest on Kylie's part. Her work never really allowed her to act on it.

The slim figure of Kylie found itself upright. Stretching her arms out to get the morning vibe flowing through the veins in her body. Those scaled feet felt the chills of the floor below them. The chilly feeling was welcome with Kylie. It felt soothing; her grandmother had said it was so because of her roots; Mura.

A round brown pot sat on one of the small square tables to the right of Kylie's bed. The contents included soil. In addition there were a about five seeds on the side and water bowl that matched the color of the pot.

Kylie picked one of the small seeds up to hold it in her right palm. It was relaxing. Knowing that you would be able to help something bloom to life. The scaled woman dropped the seed into the pot of soil. Pressing her middle finger against it so it would go under the soil some.

How much water goes in?

She wondered.

It was amazing that at the age of sixty four; young to some old to some; she had never planted a single thing. Her mind told her that it was a good idea to pour the entire bowl of water inside the pot of soil. She brung the whole bowl up to the pot and poured away; watching the clear liquid hit the soil with a splatter before she her a voice with much less base in it than Kylie had in her own. "Kylie stop!" Kylie halted. Placing the half empty bowl onto the table.

"My sister." Kylie's friend said in their native language. "Gardening is as much of an art as medicine." This Konti woman walked up behind Kylie and placed her palm on the right palm of Kylie. Guiding it back up. Pouring a dash of water onto the area where the seed was planted as a example for Kylie. "You pour a little. You want the soil to retain its nutrients. I stopped you in time so it may grow. It'll feel good when it does." Kylie nodded. Her hand was released. She turned to her friend. "Saya; I'm glad you've returned safely from Mura. How was the trip?" That was a foolish question. It was common knowledge that no traveling was safe in that world. Saya answered how only Saya would; "it was delightful, Kylie. I had to speed up the process forgetting some essential safety precautions. Did not want to miss your birthday, dear."

That made Kylie feel loved. That a friend would rush through dangerous lands just so she wouldn't miss her day of birth. Kylie leaned forward to plant a kiss on the cheek of her friend. Then holding both of her hands. "Thank you my sister. Your presence is much appreciated." Kylie examined the pair of leather pants and matching black blouse that Saya wore. She took hold of Saya's backpack and Suvai. Placing them onto the floor.

Kylie attempted to say more but there were two heavy knocks at the door. Saya walked over to the door and pulled it open. Kylie gasped.

Timestamp: 01 Winter 513 AV
Kylie
Player

Words: 8326
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2013, 7:19 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Birthdays & Phobias

Postby Kylie on December 9th, 2013, 12:09 am

It was none other than her adored family. Kayli; the mother of Kylie. A one hundred year old Konti with a life time filled with rich experiences. Dressed fancy in a multicolored red and blue dress. Silk. As well as Azin; an Akalak with a red body coloring. The father of Kylie whom showed his face every so often. Dressed in regular black pants. Showing his perfect abs off. They entered the room silently. Abiding by the rules of the Windswept condos.

"Happy birthday, daughter." Azin stated firmly in the Tukant language. Kayli nodding along with Azin. He continued; "And welcome home, Saya." Kylie's friend nodded with a smile on her face. "How was Mura, Saya? You've been over there a long time." Kayli asked Kylie's friend.

"It was marvelous. I told everyone there I knew a family of Konti here that I grew up with. I learned so much more about our people." Saya explained. Kayli smiled the looked at Kylie "You need to visit sometime, daughter. Get in touch with your roots."

Kylie didn't answer back how she wanted. To she simply said "Dearest mother; I would go if I could. However; Saya is a Riverfall renowned fighter. She's been practicing combat for years. I don't know how to fight so I would die during travel." Those were the words she have her mother. Deep down she was afraid that the homeland wouldn't accept her. "Where's grandmother?" Kylie asked. Her mother responded, "Home." Meaning Mura. Kylie knew it. She just made the choice to accept it.

"Enough." Azin said. He reached out to the halls and brought another blue Akalak in. A young one about thirty years old who he was training with. Teaching him. He was limping heavily. Dressed in a pair of brown pants. Shirtless. He limped into the room. "Kylie; consider this my gift to you." The father joked pointing at the Alakak's body. Kylie stumbled over her Tukant words looking for a reply. "Honestly. Something is wrong with his foot." Azin added interrupting her. "Can you fix it, daughter?"

There were few things that Kylie would be hesitant to do for her father. Anything involving feet was one of them. Even when Kylie was a small girl she had a major problem with feet for some odd reason. "Father; you know feet and I aren't a good mixture." Kylie said. Looking at her father. Then looking down to the ground to break eye contact.

"I need you." Azin said in that deep voice of his. "I'm not the only healer born to this family." Kylie responded. Forgetting for a moment that neither her mother nor friend did any healing. It was just her and her grandmother. "Your grandmother is gone, Kylie."

It dawned on the scaled woman that she might not have a choice but to help the Akalak is there were no good alternatives to her. Saya urged Kylie, "Listen to your father." With good intentions. She didn't want there to be any confrontations. No sour vibes when they all left. Saya's bright blue eyes pierced a hole right through Kylie. By now Kylie's mother Kayli had took her leave of the room. Going to purchase goods to prepare a traditional Konti dinner for Kylie later in the day.

Kylie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Birthdays & Phobias

Postby Kylie on December 9th, 2013, 12:10 am

"The Sanctuary is a very good alternative." Kylie stated confidently. They were famous throughout Riverfall and possibly beyond. The elder Alalak shook his head. "I wouldn't go disturb them when my daughter can fix the issue. Holding her chin up high, Kylie knew she had ran out of ideas. Saya tugged on the long blond locks of Kylie lightly to keep her quiet.

"I shall do as told." Kylie submitted.

"Bring the boy over to my bed. Sit him down." Azin and Saya helped the young Akalak limp over to the bad and sat him down. Kylie closed the door that was left open. Her eyes drifted down to the floor where Azin was pulling the dusty boot off the right foot of his younger companion revealing that bulked up ankle. No odd coloring could be seen because the Akalak was blue himself.

Kylie sat herself on the edge of the bed with her legs crossed over one another; Konti style. Directly in front of her worst enemy.

A foot. It didn't matter what part of the foot it was. It was still feet.

"Tell me exactly what happened, father." The younger Akalak cut in. "No, sir! Don't! It's just a light ankle pain!" The young one declared. Kylie looked down at the foot half way believing it. She didn't fully know because she never allowed herself to treat anything involving the feet before. "The whole ankle is swollen, Tirus." Azin said. Kylie had an expression of awe on her face. "We were engaging in some unarmed combat outside a couple of hours ago. I probably stomped on his foot too hard then through him to the ground. His foot was still under mine. I saw it twist and Tirus yelled." Azin revealed all. Causing Tirus to look away from both Kylie and Saya in shame. He had pride like most Akalak

Kylie felt herself shrug lightly. "Why didn't you want me to know this, Tirus?" He shot back quickly "It's humiliating. How am I supposed to become a great fighter when I can't take a small ankle pain after a training session? I have pride!" Tirus was getting louder. Kylie and Saya looked at one another. "Hush Tirus. Lower your voice. I've felt something close to that. I wouldn't call it small." Said Saya.

The healer of the group; Kylie; looked down to the foot with a expressions of disgust. She didn't know how to treat a foot though she would try to apply the same mechanics that she would have used on a sprained wrist. Kylie pressed her thumb down on the left side of Tirus' ankle Instantly she felt an intense pain in her own foot. The ankle specifically. Too much to bare. She moaned in pain. "Owe!" Kylie removed her hand quickly. She had a newfound respect for the Akalak. She wouldn't have been able to keep that good of a composure if she had that injury.

"My sister; are you okay?" Saya held Kylie by the shoulders. Worried about her friend. "I'm alright, Saya. I just felt again. You know." Kylie said in an annoyed tone. The upside is that she had a major feeling that it was a sprained ankle.

Kylie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Birthdays & Phobias

Postby Kylie on December 9th, 2013, 12:10 am

"Hand me my bag please." Kylie said to her friend. Saya grabbed and placed Kylie's bag on the bed. The scaled healer reached inside of the bag moving things around until she pulled out an ankle brace that was designed for the a foot. It came with her healing kit; but the scaled woman had no intention of ever coming close to a foot to use it. "I need ice." Kylie declared. Saya pulled a small ice pack out from her own bag. "It's still frozen; thankfully."

"Help me." Kylie said. "Elevate his foot just a little bit so I can compress it with the ice." Deep down Kylie had a feeling that ice would help. Her grandmother once said ice compression brings down swelling. Saya placed the ice on the ankle. Kylie took over and held it down for a good couple of minutes.

"Tirus; I'm going to put this ankle brace on for you-" Saya cut in on Kylie speaking seemingly knowing that Kylie didn't plan on going into detail. "Elaborate for us." Saya wasn't a healer. She was the seer of the duo. "Very well, I'm going to basically lock your foot in a way. Hold it in place so it can heal." Kylie nodded to Tirus.

Tirus with a worried expression asked "Will I-" Saya cut in once again. "No, Tirus. You won't be able to fight. Right, Kylie?" Saya asked looking at Kylie.

The scaled healer knew physical fitness of any kind was the Akalak culture. Not being able to follow through on what they knew would be emotionally stressful. "It'll be a week before I'd say you should try to walk. Let alone fight standing on that ankle. For now I need you to keep it immobilized at all times excluding the ten minute period you need to ice your ankle; three to five times for three days. After the first week remove the brace and begin two weeks of physical therapy to build flexibility back up in the ankle. Think of them as light workouts. Thirdly; following the physical therapy you need to do additional ankle excercises to build strength back up." Kylie said looking down at the bed for a moment. "Don't twist the ankle." Saya added in to finish Kylie's statement for her.

Azin; the father with his hand on the bottom of the younger Akalak's foot looked to Tirus "It's not your fault." He was comforting his younger companion with his words. Kylie lifted the ice off the ankle. Kylie slipped the ankle brace on the foot of the young Akalak; strapping it up for him.

Azin aided Tirus in getting up off the bed. "Appreciated, my daughter. Good work. Enjoy the rest of your big day with your sister." Azin helped Tirus out of the room. The scaled healer looked in the direction of Saya letting out a sigh. "What a birthday." Kylie said to Saya. The two Konti shared a giggle.

Big sixty four wasn't all bad.

Kylie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Birthdays & Phobias

Postby Caelum on December 9th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Thread Award

Kylie

Skills
Gardening +1
Medicine +2
Persuasion +2

Lores
Gardening: Maintaining Soil Nutrients
Medicine: Treating Swollen Ankles

Notes

Welcome to Riverfall! Please edit your grade request post to reflect completion and don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)