Completed We'll Negotiate, Under This Moonlit Horizon

beside the Silkwater Lake...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

We'll Negotiate, Under This Moonlit Horizon

Postby Noaru on December 2nd, 2013, 12:11 am

“Indeed! The mind can lead to its own destruction, should insanity hand it the key to…pandemonium.”

Noaru levitates across the clearing; his cloak, in its perpetual cycle of movement was flowing in the opposite direction. He was glad to be able to have some company up in the mountains; things were not like how they were before. In the later times, Noaru remembers he was able to interact with the wildlife without them fleeing from him in fear—that has changed. The spirit believed that once he came to understand his abilities and completely master the control of one. Then he could remove the remaining mental barriers placed upon his mind.

The day he would be complete, would be the day he’d relive the emptiness of the past. The misery and shock of the past would probably drive him into madness. Noaru knew he would have to be stronger, both physically and mentally, before that day approached. The spirit stopped and turned to Shiyami and Kimi who were behind him. A tendril of soulmist extends from Noaru’s cloak and points to a structure of wood that vaguely resembled a bench.

“ Welcome to my temporary abode.”

What remained of this campsite was a burnt out fire and structures made of stone and some wood.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiyami on December 5th, 2013, 2:52 am

...No matter how one looks at it, this is an abandoned campsite. And seems to be abandoned for quite the period of time, from the level of degradation and erosion.... Those were the thoughts that flitted through Shiyami's mind, as he examined where the ethereal called his 'abode'. Derelict was the first word that he could think off. Second would be ancient.

"Temporary of an abode, indeed.", Shiyami said with a nod, wondering what the ethereal's meaning of 'temporary' was. Several days? Two years? Hopefully the former, as the latter would be rather odd. 

"Does most of your time spent enduring go here?", the ghost asked, extremely curious on how someone could be in such a place without becoming overwhelmed with boredom. "If not, what do you spend your time doing?", he added quickly.
Shiyami
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on December 6th, 2013, 11:08 pm

“I will be leaving this place soon and I will miss the lake and mountains as well. ”

Noaru levitates over to a large stump behind the lonesome campsite, remembering the time when he first found this location. The fire was just barely burning and small embers casted a faint glow on the lake. He was alone during that time with little company besides the animals and plants that had grown used to his presence during the fall season. The time passed, surely it did!

The spirit could not believe his time here at this lake was that long: a whole season: a partial lifetime was gone and stored in the passages of time.Noaru extends a tendril of soulmist and lifts a log from the ground. He tosses the piece of wood into a small pile of wood that was conveniently placed near the campsite—should anyone who desired to start a fire need wood.

Noaru speculated an animal of sorts would come and pillage the pill of wood, or insects would devour them until only a pile of wood dust remained. The results didn’t matter to the spirit; he would be pleased to see his act of kindness help something survive. Noaru kept the campsite clean with his limited power—all except the stones and wood stumps that were wore and weathered by the elements.

Noaru brings his eyes upon the two young souls in front of him, he needed to reward them with something but he had nothing, only knowledge. What knowledge could he impart to ghosts…besides spiritism? Yes, that would be a perfect reward for the two nameless ghosts—who fate happened to bring here. The spirit retracts his tendril of soulmist and speaks.

“ I have some knowledge of spiritism. A shamanistic work of sorcery—that which has plagued me for the thousands of years I have occupied. I have no ties to the city, so I stay out here in the wilds. The only semblance of home that remains.”
Last edited by Noaru on December 9th, 2013, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiyami on December 9th, 2013, 7:58 am

Knowledge. One of the most value things of life, and possibly more so at death. Especially when said knowledge might teach him something that could become dangerous for the well being of all ghosts in general. "This spiritism that you speak off, is it really all that different they say, Reimancy? The magic that allows the elements to affect us in most often then not, painful methods?", Shiyami voiced out with a curious tone. Magic was magic, and a large number of magic that was meant to harm the living, could also drastically harm the ethereals.

Shiyami sighed while thinking, before he looked up at the sky. The light seemed to be brightening, as dawn drew closer. "Even ageless beings slip through the cracks of time.", he said, before looking back at Noaru. "Hm, well, perhaps we could have you inform me of the magic some time soon. I will be leaving this bland city by the time the snow starts. If you don't mind, would you accompany me, while teaching me about this spiritism? I can give two daggers right now as an incentive.", he asked, basically leaving his reward in the air. Figuratively, of course. His daggers were still within that box of his that he dragged all the way to Siltwater Lake.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on December 9th, 2013, 8:01 pm

“Spiritism focuses solely on our kind—the ethereals. The art has many uses towards the ethereal as well; deception, manipulation, control, containment and… dusting.”

Noaru’s anger flared when he spoke that last word. The light dimmed as the darkness that surrounded the camp and the nearby trees grew stronger and deeper in intensity, threatening to spread towards the lakes shore. Noaru calmed down after realizing that he was disturbing the tranquility of the environment and the conversation he held with Shiyami. There was also Kimi, who was here as well. Noaru knew he had to focus more on regaining more of his memories and maintaining the steady growth of his powers. The spirit watched the darkness recede and the light return before he spoke again.

“ Spiritists can sense you using the art and use it for defensive and offensive purposes—laying down strange pebbles to prevent your approach, or using soulmist they create to lure, feed, empower and harm our kindred.”

The proposal was interesting: earn weapons for knowledge? The offer was excellent; traveling with ghosts wasn’t something he did in a long time. Noaru accepted the offer with a nod, he stood upright and looked around the campsite, as if saying goodbye to the place. The crack of dawn was almost here, already? Indeed, the night was already over before he knew it and the spirit levitated out of the camp towards the forest—where his form assimilates perfectly into the remaining darkness.

“I’am Noaru. What are your names, my traveling companions?”
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiyami on December 11th, 2013, 6:18 am

Shiyami listened carefully, as the other ethereal explained upon the basics of what Spiritism is, and what the users of such a practitioner can do with it. Although, it seemed the action of a spiritist 'dusting' a ghost was a terrible situation forced on the unwilling ghost, as inferred from the sudden disturbance that the ghost caused. Almost as if he suddenly encompassed the surrounding area with pure, unadulterated hatred. I must ask him the explain on this...'dusting', during our travels., he thought to himself, as he pondered over such the importance of what spiritism can do.

Which his plans of having a more detailed explanation of the arcane arts of hunting ghosts during their travels together seemed more plausible then before, especially since the ethereal in question agreed to travel with him. "Excellent, come by the hill on the outskirts of the Bronze Woods when the snow starts.", Shiyami spoke, before turning his gaze upon his box of blades and death. Opening the box, he withdrew out two daggers, one by one, and had them placed on the ground next to the box. "And here is the payment, as promised.", the ghost finished, before closing the box. As Shiyami was about to leave, the other ethereal introduced himself. "It is good to make acquaintance with you, Noaru. The name's Shiyami, and the little one is Kimi.", he said, before turning around, and walking away, with Kimi giving Noaru a quick hug, and floating after Shiyami. The box was dragged after the pair of ghosts, but the two daggers stayed where they were laid, for Noaru is the new owner of them.

"Don't forget, when the snow starts to fall! Hill upon the outskirts of Bronze Woods!", Shiyami's voice could be heard calling out from within the shadows of the nearby trees. It seemed he was looking forward towards a change of view.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Radiant on December 23rd, 2013, 7:33 am

Noaru :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Materialization +1 XP
Soulmist Projection +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Shiyami and Kimi: Ghostly Pair
Spiritism: Magic That Focuses On Ghosts

Loots
+2 Steel Daggers

Shiyami :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Soulmist Projection +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Noaru: Black-Clad Spirit
Spiritism: Magic That Focuses On Ghosts

Loots
-2 Steel Daggers

Notes :
Good thread, both of you ethereals. :)

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous