The Terras

[flashback][Terras citadel] Virres and his father join the Terras clan, and Vir meets a lifelong.... acquaintace

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Kingdom of Sultros is made up of five cities; Sultros, Vizerian, Coglias, Terras and Pitrius along with their own Citadels. In addition, the Kingdom encompasses hundreds of square miles of mountainous, nearly inhospitable land. Trading posts, border posts and a number of unique, exotic and often dangerous sites exist both above ground and below.

The Terras

Postby Virres on April 20th, 2012, 3:27 am

ImageImage

"The eyes of the child awaken,
The forge-fires light,
The heart of the child is open,
Terras clan might."

14th Spring 490AV:

The grandiose gateway of the Terrasian clan-hold glittered, its amethyst light sparking and dancing in the misty night of the great tunnel. Intricate metalwork adorning every inch of the huge doorway depicting every aspect of Isurain life, the fires of iron etched forges, and hammers of frozen smiths almost seeming to dance in the ethereal light... A gasp could be heard, the thump of a dropped pack, and the pattering of a small child's feet and suddenly a little boy could be seen.

The reverence on his young face could warm the hardest of hearts and the fervent interest in his eyes would give any craftsman the pride of a job well appreciated. A budding passion burned in his eyes as he ran his hand lightly across its glittering surface. The boy started slightly as he felt a weight press down upon his shoulder,"So my son what do you think?"

The boy looked up to stare into his fathers open smile with an intensity that would be hard for most to match," I love it. I must know how they did this father... may I ask?" he begged plaintively," Maybe one day, my boy, but not any time soon I think. You have yet to hold the hammer or feel the forges fire." Determined the boy turned back to the great door and ran his hand over its gilded surface," I will.... one day." His father handed him his pack," Aye, that you will boy. But for now we need to get moving."

As they walked through the vaulted archway the boy couldnt help but look back in admiration... One day his art would match even that great marvel.
Virres
Player

Words: 16489
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2012, 9:32 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Terras

Postby Jassil Ironhammer Terras on August 13th, 2012, 11:26 pm

Jassil squirmed in her seat. Weddings, why did she have to be at a wedding. It wasn't even her mother getting married, but her mother's sister.

"All clan is family."

Her mother said, seemingly reading Jassil's mind. Unfortunately it was true, taught to her by all of the clan, especially her mother. She was now dressed in a formal suit of the Terras colors, wearing it over her body weights designed for childhood. Feeling frustrated by all the ceremony and preparations starting to happen, she made her way out of the main room. It was so stifling. Slowly and carefully, she made her way to the door to the lobby. Opening it slowly, she backed into the lobby and shut the door before turning around and noticing the boy and man waiting there seemingly for her.

"Oh... Who are you?"

Standing in just in front of her, his hand gliding across the jeweled door of the Terras clan was a boy, close to her age. He wore very formal clothes, covering over his own childhood weights. The man was standing back a few steps, wearing the most extravagant clothes she'd seen for the men today, except that it had a different marking then any of the others. Jassil studied the marking for a few moments before recognizing it. The man was the groom. So who was the kid?
Jassil Ironhammer Terras
Player

Words: 3780
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2012, 11:18 pm
Storyteller secrets

The Terras

Postby Virres on August 16th, 2012, 12:12 am

His hand never left the jeweled surface of the door, his eyes barely flickered as one side swung open, gliding silently on well tended hinges. He only allowed his rapt gaze to waver for a moment, silently taking in the girl, her clothing just as formal as his own, yet slightly different in its make, her hair slightly unkempt in the way of children. She looked to be a few years younger than him and her question brought him back from his reverie long enough to make polite greetings as his father stressed upon him," I am Virres Mace Coglias, soon to be Terras. This is my father Camlen Mace Coglias, soon to be Terras. A pleasure to meet you?"

Though he tried his best to focus on the girl his attention continued to wander back to the beautiful work all around him, functional yet beautiful. He could feel the power of those who had made these works, even the power of the works themselves, and he knew the Terras were a people he could bind himself too, ones he could understand, he let his gaze rest upon the young girl in the doorway, his eyes shining in admiration and boyish zeal, she was a member of this clan, though still young, she was born to create such works, and he respected her for that.

His father so patient, merely watched his sons reaction. His greeting, which was surprisingly well done for the boy, and knew that there would be no problems with him. He had feared the boys rejection of the new clan, the possibility that he may go back to the Coglias to be raised by another, but his sons soul, burning with the passion of his youth, only seemed to burn brighter through his eyes, his every movement one of respect, and no small awe. He smiled waiting for the girls reaction to his son.
Virres
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Terras

Postby Jassil Ironhammer Terras on August 24th, 2012, 10:09 pm

Jassil smirked. Of course it was a pleasure to meet me. I am Terras clan. And even if they joined by marriage, she was Terras, and she was female. She was best. She was Jassil. Not even a male cousin could mar her perfect world.

“Jassil Ironhammer Terras. Your soon to be niece” She said, turning and giving a slight movement of deference to him. “and your cousin.” Here she did not give deference. And the only reason she gave it to her soon to be uncle was because he was her elder, and that she’d get in trouble if word got passed back to her mother of what she had done, or rather not done.

She noticed that the … boy was too nice of a name, and so was cousin… she would have to think of something suitably simple for the … person. Anyway, it was admiring the door, one of the best pieces of the Terras blacksmithers, made for the castle. It was her duty to be just as good as the masters. But for now, as she was young, she’d simply want to enjoy herself for awhile, to learn all the other interesting things she could. With a small sigh at these thoughts, she turned her focus back to the duo of men.

“How can I help you?” Their men, they always need help.
Jassil Ironhammer Terras
Player

Storyteller secrets

The Terras

Postby Virres on August 26th, 2012, 9:48 am

Vir finally allowed himself to focus on the young girl as her own greeting rang out. He smiled happily at the respect she let creep into her voice when greeting his father... but something about the way she spoke to him wiped it away. Not only was there no warmth, it was almost dismissing. Almost as if he was inconsequential, possibly even a nuisance...

Somehow her very look seemed to convey a certain contempt, something that Vir had never faced before. For his age Vir was strong, relatively smart, tall, and well mannered *when not concentrating on something.* It was an odd feeling, this being looked down upon, and the obvious dislike dripping from the girls voice as she asked if she could help them set his teeth on edge.
And yet he could not bring himself to be curt with one who would be family so he allowed his voice to slip into its most pleasant timbre ," No thank you. My father and I know the way." With a polite nod the boy slipped past and into the main room barely waiting for his father to catch up.
Virres
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Terras

Postby Jassil Ironhammer Terras on August 31st, 2012, 10:15 pm

"No thank you. My father and I know the way."

Hmmp. That was doubtful. She stepped forward to make her way to past them. Just as she got close to the cousin however, she took a slightly longer stride, dropping her shoulder even lower. Then, as she stood all the way up, she slid her shoulder up to smack hard against his as she past, before continuing past him to one of the side caves, leading to a place where she liked to stay. It wasn't until she realized that they were heading into the marriage cave, that she turned around and started running.

For the Terras, the man came in after the woman, signifying that the man is the one who had to come to the woman. Which meant that the marriage ceremony was starting right then, and she was going to be late.
Jassil Ironhammer Terras
Player

Storyteller secrets

The Terras

Postby Caelum on December 16th, 2013, 7:20 pm

Thread Award

Virres

Skills
Observation +2
Socialization +1

Lores
NA

Jassil

Skills
Observation +1
Socialization +1

Lores
NA

Notes

It was a little short to have much awarded, I’m afraid. Please edit the grade request post to reflect completion and, as ever, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)