[Magpie's Vlog] Chit Chat with a Bird

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum contains a new feature for Mizahar - Videos and Vblogs! Feel free to post your Videos, vblogs, chats, and comments here. Find us on Youtube under WritersRPG!

Postby Magpie on October 19th, 2013, 8:26 pm

e
Please ignore my general fidgeting and how many times I say 'um'... and enjoy!

e
Office ~ Riverfall ~ Starting Guide ~ Q & A Forum
Moderated Threads: Full up right now, sorry!
Magpie
A-flutter

Words: 324445
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gossamer on October 19th, 2013, 8:55 pm

Great video. Everything is spot on. The only thing I would add is that if you are employed by someone else that's a PC in game that handles your wages, do not be afraid to turn in threads to an ST to get SEASONAL XP. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Magpie on December 1st, 2013, 11:53 pm

For those who can't view videos, or don't learn from them as easily, here is an outline of the wages and seasonal XP information in my above video :)

Introduction
Most of the policies below are specific to Riverfall, though the overall principles are relevant Mizahar-wide. At the end of the season, everyone submits 4 threads: 2 for job threads and 2 for seasonal XP.

Job Threads
  • All about doing your job
  • Must be using your job skill
  • Usually best as a solo, as any payment received in-thread would be null (for example, if you got paid by a PC in-thread, you couldn't accept that payment and take seasonal pay for that same thread)

Wage Threads
  • Separate from job threads, in that these don't necessarily have to be in your job skill
  • All about performing peripheral actions related to your job/job skill
  • Can't just mention job once on the thread, must have strong influence on the thread
  • Typical amount earned is 3 points, with an extra point for going above and beyond

Turning Threads In
  • Different for every city, but in Riverfall, submission thread is here
  • Can submit threads any time during the season, but will not get paid/XP until the beginning of the new season

Misc. Policies
  • Each thread must be at least 2500 words
  • Threads don't need to be graded or finished, just need to be at the required length and have the applicable actions
  • Threads can be turned in for normal grades in addition to getting seasonal xp and wages
  • PCs employed by another PC need to talk to that PC for their wages. They must still post in the above thread for their seasonal XP (something I mixed up in the video)
Magpie
A-flutter

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Magpie on December 17th, 2013, 4:05 am

My personal goals for this season. Ignore the sneaky bra straps. IGNORE THEM.

I'll post a text-outline tomorrow for our non-video friends :)
Magpie
A-flutter

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Elysium on December 17th, 2013, 1:58 pm

You are the sweetest person in the history of ever.

The Avanthal Plunge? Oh yeah. You listen to 98 Rock. :ninja: I love it. Isn't it funny how real life influences our writing? Kind of like this Date Auction I have going on for the Masquerade that may or may not be an homage to the Fifty Shades series..
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Magpie on December 17th, 2013, 2:11 pm

Aww, thank you! And I did get it from real life! I grew up next to the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland, and they had that stupid thing every year... Big, macho men doing stupid stuff like jumping into freezing water in their underwear. Tis the season.

A date auction?! I may have to stalk that, it sounds exciting...

As promised, Video Outline:

These are my personal goals for the season, in video form so I'll be more liable to hold to them:

• Stay up on modded threads: I know I do take some time to respond, but I'm going to be better about that going forward.
  • Have more open events: Last season's was a big success, and we've already got one up now. I anticipate having a lot more.
  • Winter Council Meeting: It'll be hard to top last years, but this year's should still be interesting.
  • Update suggestion box and perk points: Working on this with Goss, and I hope more people get into this once we get it updated.
  • Education system: Not quite as relevant as Goss's Kuvay'nas update, but something I wanted to do. It more focuses on what classes and such children of Riverfall take, and will be connected to the various city learning institution. The Library will also be getting a rewrite per Gillar's recent announcement about what level of books you can find.

That was it for goals, so just a couple reminders:
  • Start on your job threads early!
  • Remember to re-register in the city.
  • Let us know if you see an event on the calendar you'd like to see happen. I'm planning on doing the art event later in the season as well as the Ice Masquerade.
  • Remember to get your Kuvan status in, as only Kuvan will be able to speak at the Council meeting (any non-Kuvan trying to speak will get hauled out of there). When you finish your test and tattoo thread, remember to PM an ST so we can add it to your secrets thread.
  • Welcome Translucent, the Grading Fiend, to Cyphrus! Also welcome Soliloquy (forgot to actually mention her name >_<) to Falyndar!
  • If you're thinking about applying for an ST position, give it a shot!
  • Any questions or concerns: feel free to message an ST or post in the OOC thread - we're all happy to help :)
Magpie
A-flutter

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)