PM to join An interesting meeting

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

An interesting meeting

Postby Zenobia on March 15th, 2013, 8:01 pm

It took Zenobia a moment to realise he was speaking to her in shiber and a moment longer for her to unravel what he was saying in the Benshira language, for though her father was of the Benshira, she had been brought up in Zeltiva with an Eypharian Mother, who had been a lot more insistent in her learning that language. As it was, her knowledge of shiber was rather poor, but she managed to get the gist of his conversation and decided that though she would still have the knife to her throat, it was a probably a better situation to find herself in than before. So she gave the smallest of affirmative gestures, as if she had any decision in the subject - the lack of which was something she found more than a little irritating - and didn't say anything about the fact that he had called her 'sweet'. She supposed there must be things considered worse.

Almost as irritating as the fact that she felt like the men present were all playing mind games with each other, the blond one less than the other two, but that in doing so, they were rather playing games with her life. And if there was anything she did not appreciate, it was a constant reminder of her own mortality. However, it was true that these games seemed to be about to take a turn for the more entertaining, if the vantha did what the man named Gad wanted him to do... which seemed unlikely. Still, the indignity of the situation would have been amusing to behold, and she would have been lying if she denied that there was a part of her which rather liked the idea of seeing what was under the Vantha's clothes, in spite of the situation.

Bludo looked like he had stopped moving. Maybe he was dead? He had certainly lost a lot of blood and, though she found any sort of useless waste of life a shame, she couldn't deny that the situation would be preferable if he had indeed died. One less person to worry about receiving retribution from. Talking of retribution, the idea of having her life avenged was certainly a noble one and, if she had been more vain, rather romantic, but a situation she'd rather not consider. She wondered what she would have done if she had been left alone with this situation and, somehow, she thought it might not have become quite this bad.

The two men stared at each other, and it looked like neither was about to back down. Zenobia wished she could have said something, but decided not to.
Zenobia
Altruistic Paramour and Lady of the Night

Words: 52955
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2012, 7:56 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

An interesting meeting

Postby Gad on March 19th, 2013, 9:59 pm

Gad's eyes became slits, and his lips pulled themselves into a thin cruel smirk. The bard's changeling eyes belied his conviction. Gad could work with this. "Hmph, your kindness knows no bounds sir, surely the gods smile upon such charity. Although, I'm afraid I won't be the one who leaves. When you've done as I asked, you may be about your way Bard. But this is my alley, I won't be run out by the likes of you." Gad punctuated with a jerk of his head, and the bones in his neck could be heard popping. "So? Get to it. As you noted, the cold is getting to me, and I doubt I can stand much longer with all this blood loss." Gad's voice was colored with an exaggerated helplessness, and his eyes wandered over to Bludo, who wasn't moving and would probably die. "Don't want to end up like him." Gad's wound was not nearly as grievous, he'd most certainly survive, unless it got infected. However, since it was already apparent to his foes that he was injured, he figured it best they over estimate the extent of his condition.

Gad looked to the other man, who had been quiet for some time. Watching and waiting, doing his best not to get involved. Well, relatively speaking, as the man had already become quite entangled in the whole ordeal. Gad was weary of sneak thieves and their tactics, and Gad was less worried about the Vantha than this stealthy cutpurse bleeding him from behind like he had Bludo. The Bard's haughtiness had inflamed Gad's passions, but it was really the thief's fault for shanking poor old Blu' like that. "We have a deal then? You'll have the courtesy of going first. As you said, the lady is my only bargaining chip, and I can't let her go until I've received my compensation."
Last edited by Gad on March 27th, 2013, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
Gad
Gone

Words: 265579
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2013, 2:07 am
Race: Ghost

An interesting meeting

Postby Agathon Minorium on March 24th, 2013, 1:44 am

Agathon quickly stood up straight, as he realized there was nothing more he could do about this situation. He wouldn't be able to approach Gad in any way, at least not without the woman getting hurt and he had already said that he wouldn't go anywhere before the two men had actually left. He started walking towards the alley that he had run before, this time exhausted and barely able to walk. He had helped the woman and the bard as much as he could by taking out Bludo, who could be dying in the street any minute now. Well, not it matters, the city is full of them. He had done what he had to.

He didn't look back at all, not even for a single moment. He had already been walking for a couple of minutes before he realized everything that had happened. He had killed a person. Bludo was laying there motionless and without making a sound. He put his hand against a small building and closed his eyes. Stupid! he said as a tear went down his cheek. He wiped his eyes with his hand and walked towards his apartment. He couldn't wait to reach the safety of his little apartment.
Much more happiness is to be found in the world than gloomy eyes discover.
Agathon Minorium
Just a small time thief

Words: 17737
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2013, 8:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

An interesting meeting

Postby Twister on December 17th, 2013, 8:35 pm

Experience Award

Zenobia
Grade :
Experience: Rhetoric 1, Strategy 1

Lores: Sunberth: Finding Trouble In The Streets, Sunberth: Romantically Dangerous, Not Every Interceptor is a Savior, Gad: "Great" Extortionist of Sunberth

Miscellaneous: N/A

Comments: Shame this thread stopped before it reached a conclusion. I would've loved to see how it ended. Oh well! I couldn't award much more than this, but hopefully it's sufficient!

Everyone else
Notes :
You're either inactive or haven't updated your ledgers with Seasonal Expenses. I will hold on to your grades until you've addressed your ledgers. Once you have, please shoot me a PM and I'll post your grades here.
If you've any questions or concerns about your grade, drop me a PM!
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous