PM to join Leaving port

A kelvic girl gets herself stuck on a ship for a while, at least she'll make a new friend

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Leaving port

Postby Giat Ikati on December 26th, 2013, 4:40 am

Giat’s body language slowly loosened as the feeling of any immediate threat dissipated. Feline language being her only form of communication to the sailors as of current easily went over the men’s heads as they talked. Though that wasn’t something to be not to be expected, when really it’s mostly body language with nearly polar opposite from a human’s.

No longer a huddled mass on the deck, her ears perked slightly when the captain told her she’d be helping the crew and that Voss would be the one watching over her. Her ear twitched and her hackles rose slightly in annoyance about Voss’ attitude about the situation, it’s not as though she liked it any more than he did.

She looked up at him with the same amount of annoyance, give or take, that he gave her. She gave him a dull stare at the ‘meow’ comment and stood up, retracting her claws so she wouldn’t scratch the wood. Ears going back to their natural ‘up’ position, she was deciding between switching back now or waiting till she was given clothes to wear.

She honestly felt more comfortable in her Lynx form for the moment. Maybe because she was now registering the cold now that the excitement was over for now, or because she could defend herself better in this form. Well, for either case, she would stay like this until Voss gave her a pair of clothes to wear. She looked up at him and yowled, walking passed him a few inches towards the stairs he lead her up from, then looked back at him expectantly.
Sorry guys, a while back my laptop stopped working and I had no way to get on Mizar because the school library blocked social sites(They'll probably remove that because it makes researching for projects harder)

But as of now I'm back and I'll be able to start posting again :3
Giat Ikati
I'm not a thief, if I don't get caught

Words: 24721
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2013, 12:24 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Leaving port

Postby Voss on December 26th, 2013, 3:38 pm

Voss didn't understand anything what the cat was trying to convey as it stared up at him. Did she understand him, did she not? He didn't have a clue, by laviku he hoped that she didn't make a habit of being in that cat form on this ship. Petching confusing that what it was. At least he knew she understood what he wanted when she walked over to the stairs. “Yes yes, I'm coming.” He said as he walked to the stairs.

“I ain't going to carry you down, if that's what you want.” he said to the cat as he walked down the stairs. Not really understanding why she was dallying at the top of the stairs. When he arrived downstairs he waited till the cat was next to him before continuing on towards the small compartment for the crew. He walked inside, keeping the door open for the cat and then walked towards his cot all the way to the back. Underneath the hammock a chest that held his stuff stored. He opened it up and pulled out a fresh change of clothes. They were still way to big for her. But it would have to do. He threw the clothes at the kelvic, she would notice even though the clothes were frayed and worn. They were at least clean, and grabbed a coil of rope.

“The clothes are still going to be way to big. So we'll have to use some rope to make sure they don't slide of your skinny arse. Having your pants around your ankle's isn't fun especially when there is a brisk wind around!” He said with an amused chuckle at the quasi joke he just made. "Anyway, I you know I'm voss. I can't keep calling you stowaway or cat."
Voss
Player

Words: 30285
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2013, 5:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Leaving port

Postby Giat Ikati on December 26th, 2013, 5:29 pm

Giat waited for Voss to reach the bottom of the stairs before following, not quite sure where his room was, she thought it better just to let him go ahead. Ignoring Voss’ comment about carrying her, she walked down after him. Right now she wasn’t sure what to make of the sailor, but it was pretty clear he spoke his mind often, unlike herself.

Upon walking into what she assumed was Voss’ room, Giat was surprised to see so many cots in the room for just one person, not yet realizing that the entire crew slept down here. She was also confused as to why he chose the one in the back, but decided to keep her mouth shut about it. She sat down as the sailor opened his chest and watched as his clothes - her spares - fell in front of her. They looked kind of old, but she didn’t mind that, it was mainly the size that concerned her.

She didn’t get the joke, but knowing the rope in the man’s hands would hold the pants up, she changed back into her human form, shivering slightly. “My name’s Giat.” Her voice was loud enough for him to hear as she moved onto her knees and grabs the shirt and pulled it on, folding up the cuff’s so the sleeves wouldn’t fall over her hands; the rest of the shirt fell loosely over her body, down past her thighs. She then stood up, pants in hand, and pulled the loose fitting pair over her midsection and kneeling down to pull the bottom of them over her feet.

She stood again, holding the over sized pants up with one hand and pulling the small bag attached to her neck out of the over sized shirt with the other. She reached out for the rope to tie around her waist to keep the pants from falling, not bothering to pull the shirt out of them as she stands their somewhat awkwardly.
Sorry guys, a while back my laptop stopped working and I had no way to get on Mizar because the school library blocked social sites(They'll probably remove that because it makes researching for projects harder)

Giat Ikati

Character sheet

Leaving port

Postby Voss on December 26th, 2013, 9:41 pm

Voss sniggered at the sight of the woman in his clothes. The way she the oversized clothes just hung off her was comical in his eyes. “Lets hope the wind doesn't catch in your clothes and throws you overboard eh.” He sniggered as he took a step closer to her, not giving her the rope, he didn't trust her to tie a knot that wouldn't sag. He doubted the rest of the crew would like it if her pants suddenly fell on her ankles. “Tell me if it's to tight.” he said as he looped the rope he was holding around her waist and through the loops where normally the belt would go and pulled it tight. He then securely tied it and cut the rope short so it wouldn't drag on the ground. He noticed the fact she was barefoot. That couldn't last, otherwise she'll be freezing of her toes. 'My shoe's are to big for her, but maybe..' he walked to another cot and began rooting through the chest stashed underneath. Pulling out a smaller pair of boots with a triumphant grin on his face. “I knew it he had small feet!”

he turned around and gentily threw the boots at the kelvic. “There you go, Still might be a bit to large, but can't do much about that I'm afraid. Get those on and then you're all ready to get to work.” He said with a wide grin. Walking towards the door of the sleeping room. Waiting for her. “We'll have to get the nets back to the deck. There's quite a lot of net we need to haul upstairs and those thing's are heavy as petch!” he said, actually eager to get to work, then again. When you're practically raised on board or around ships you tended to enjoy the sailor's life.

When she was ready and got out of the door he led the way towards the cargo room, it was fairly close to the stairs. Exactly the same room where she had been hiding in the crate moments earlier. “We got two nets we need to get up. We got more, but that's in case one of the two breaks.” He said as he took a part of the net over the shoulder, buckeling a bit under the weight of it. motioning that she needed to take the other half. When she had grabbed it he began moving towards the stairs.
Voss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Leaving port

Postby Giat Ikati on December 27th, 2013, 3:08 pm

Giat let Voss tie the rope around her waist, a bit disgruntled with Voss for not letting her tie it herself. It was a bit tight, but not enough for her to complain or feel the need to speak up about it, and watched as he cut it and went to another chess. Judging by what he said she guessed other people slept in here too, which made sense now that she thought about it. She fumbled when the pair of shoes were thrown at her, while she managed to catch one the other slipped out of hand and landed in front of her feet.

Nodding at the sailor, she sat down again to put the over sized boots one her feet. They weren’t big enough to be uncomfortable, but still left enough room for the toe of the boots to be empty. She stuffed the hem of her pants inside of them so they wouldn’t get in the way or trip her. She stood and hurried out of the room with Voss, following him to the room where he got her out of the crate.

She nodded after he explained how many nets they were bringing up and grabbed the other end, grunting as she struggled to heft it up and nearly fell when she threw it over her shoulder attempting to mimic Voss. Managing to steady herself upright, she did her best to keep up with him as the walked, while also trying her best not to fall over from the weight of the net.

Giat Ikati

Character sheet

Leaving port

Postby Voss on December 28th, 2013, 11:39 pm

Voss was keeping his eye on the young girl like the captain told him. She seemed to hold up just fine though, a bit stumbling under the weight of the net. But that was expected of a small girl like her anyway. From up above the deck the sounds of singing could be heard. “You okay back there?” He asked as he hoaled the net up the stairs and up the deck. He went slowly up the stairs. Adjusting his pace to the little girl.

When they arived upstairs the muffled singing was finally understandable. The rest of the crew was still working. Adjusting the sails to catch the most wind and keep them on course. All the while however, they were singing a simple shanty. One singer leading while the rest followed with the chorus. It was a familiar song, the drunken sailor. Everybody in zeltiva would have heard it once or twice. Though the sailors were getting rather creative witht he verses.

Voss hummed with them as he walked to the spot where the nets would be needed. “I'll drop it on three. One, two. Three.” He dropped the heavy net on the ground. He then turned around. “So one down, still one to do. Lets get too it.” He said with a grin as he began walking back to the belowdecks and the last net. On the way he softly began to sing with the rest of the crew. It would have sounded horrible even to the tonedeaf. Voss wasn't much of a singer, but darn it, he liked singing especially if the lyrics were raunchy and the tune easy to get a grasp of.
Voss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Leaving port

Postby Giat Ikati on January 5th, 2014, 9:33 am

Giat continued just behind Voss, not finding it too difficult to keep up with him despite how often she nearly fell over herself due to the heavy burden on her shoulders - but she was used to the weight thanks to the grunt work she usually does. “I’m fine.” It was a bit of a surprise how easily she kept up with him, soon figuring out that he slowed down so she wouldn’t fall over herself.

The tune from below sounded familiar and upon reaching the upper deck she recognized it, though she wasn’t very familiar with the name, she would sometimes sing along quietly when she was helping to unload and put away a shipment. She honestly wouldn’t have thought that an entire crew of sailors sung whilst they worked, in fact she thought they only sung when they were drunk and in a pub. She smiled silently thinking that being here for a few days wouldn’t be so bad and nodded when Voss told her they were dropping the net.

Giat rolled her shoulders and strained the muscles in her back and upper arms instead of stretching like she normally should have. She nodded again, still smiling as she followed right behind him. She slowed when he started singing, still right behind and keeping up, but the sound the older man was making was coming close to making her wince. But she still kept quiet and followed him to get the last net, feeling as though she may have forgotten something...

Giat Ikati

Character sheet

Previous