[FLASHBACK] The Bow, The Arrow, and The Eagle. (FINISHED)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 14th, 2010, 2:54 pm

7th of Spring, 410 AV: Late evening.
THE EAGLE AERIES - Ambros Household

"Father, you called?" Brunhild whispered shyly, her thick red locks of hair falling over half of her face as she subtly walked into their living room, where the only flickering light were the crackling flames of the fireplace.

"Yes," Adalric murmured, his smoldering golden eyes staring into the burgeoning fiery light in front of him. He was rather young for a father, with neatly-combed red hair, and a muscular body, he was rather fit and knowledgeable for his age, as well.

"I believe we should have an instructor teach you how to use a bow and arrow," he turned his head to meet the electric green eyes of his nine year old daughter. "Wh-what do you mean, father?" her voice was soft, inaudible, and demure. "It's about time you learn how to defend yourself, darling..." the persistent father tried, his hand reaching over to touch his little girl's cheek. "I'm scared, I don't wanna go anywhere else! I wanna stay here, so when mother comes back--"

"Mother won't be back, remember?" Adalric sighed, his thumb wiping the little tears that streaked down Brunhild's rosy cheeks. "They're scary..." Brunhild sobbed. "I'll teach you then," he smiled reassuringly, arms reaching over to hold the little Inarta girl. "I'll teach you how to use a bow and arrow properly, and maybe next time, how to create glassworks, and perhaps... how to ride a Wind Eagle?" Adalric teased, tickling Brunhild playfully. The little girl's laughter resounded into the whole household that was carved into rock.

"You'd let me ride your eagle, father? You'd really let me ride Euphimé?" the little girl's emerald eyes lit like the fireplace, and instantly warmed her father's heart. "No, she's far too large for you, darling..." Adalric chuckled, "Anyway, a Wind Eagle chooses its rider."

"When will a Wind Eagle choose me?" Brunhild murmured, feeling hopeless. Why would anyone choose her? She was far too shy and introverted.

"When you are thirteen," Adalric smiled, slowly letting his daughter go and making his way into his study. Brunhild followed him in obediently.

"What shall you teach me first?" she yawned, eyes drowsy-looking, yet glistening with determination. Adalric smiled, hand reaching over to pet his daughter's head. "Not tonight, Brunhild. We shall begin tomorrow," he cooed, his daughter's happy grin causing his own mouth to twist into a lopsided smile.

"In the morning?" Brunhild questioned. "Yes, in the morning. Good night, darling." Adalric grinned, waving to his beloved child. Brunhild grinned, carefully making her way into her bedroom.
Last edited by Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 15th, 2010, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Words: 22906
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 5:54 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 15th, 2010, 1:04 pm

8th of Spring, 410 AV: Early morning.
THE EAGLE AERIES - Ambros Household

"Good morning," Adalric singsonged from his seat by his desk table, looking up to watch Brunhild make her way into his study. "Morning!" the little fiery redhead grinned up to her father, who began fishing something from under his desk. "I worked on this all night," he muttered from under the table, until he stood erect once more. In his hands were a bow and a quiver of arrows.

Brunhild's eyes twinkled with joy as she gently took both the arrows and the bow in her hands. "Shall we practice outside, then?" Adalric fixed his things and made his way to the exit, where his Wind Eagle awaited. "Hold on tight," he exclaimed to his daughter, who hugged his torso with all her might. Euphimé flew up into the sky and started looping into gentle circles above the Aeries.

"Now, see here how we help each other in our movements?" Adalric adjusted his place on the Euphimé. "You must be at one with your Wind Eagle," Euphimé murmured telepathically, causing Brunhild to jolt forward for a moment.

"Be gentle. If there's a problem, the both of you should know about it!"Adalric instructed. "Lets speed things up a little bit, get you used to things..." the male Wind Eagle zoomed down quickly, and took a few swerves left and right. Brunhild found herself becoming more and more comfortable with the wind and the speed. "This is so great..." she murmured, her clutch on her father loosening.

The trio reach an open field just around the outskirts of Wind Reach. Euphimé perches atop a low tree and watched his master carefully.

"Alright, I want you to aim at that target, yes?" Adalric pointed at the large slab of rock in the middle of the open field. "Alright, here's how you do it..." Adalric took the bow and arrow and moved into the proper stance; one foot slightly forward, back straight, stomach in. "Keep this stance at all times, try and imitate me..." the male Inarta instructed. Brunhild imitated his stance, one foot forward, back straight, and stomach in.

"Good, good... Now hold the bow straight, and point the arrow forward. Keep a close eye on your target, and relax your elbow."

Adalric took a deep breath, and let go of the arrow. It hit the bulls-eye. "Oh! You're a master, father!" Brunhild bounced up and down happily. "Here, now you try..." Adalric chuckled, handing Brunhild the bow and an arrow.

"You're shaking, Brunhild..." Adalric grinned, helping his daughter hold the bow and arrow properly. "There," he let go of Brunhild's arms. The little Inarta girl took one deep breath, and then let go. It hid the bulls-eye. "Father, I did it!" Brunhild bounced up and down, reaching over to hug her father. "You're a natural, Brunhild! Try it one more time," Adalric smiled, crouching down and watching as she worked her stance. She hit the bulls-eye a second time, then a third, a fourth...

"Aren't you a fast learner," Adalric cheered, sitting down on the grass and watching as more arrows hit the slab of rock, until there were none left. "Perhaps it's time to get back?" he turned to his daughter to find her shaking profusely. "I'm tired," Brunhild giggled, collapsing onto her father. Adalric carried her onto Euphimé, gathered the arrows and fixed the bow behind his back. He then mounted onto his Wind Eagle. Brunhild was already fast asleep with a smile on her face.

"This marks yet another day of her broadening knowledge," Adalric hummed as they soared off. "Yes, and there will be more days like this," Euphimé replied, flying off back to their way home.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Words: 22906
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 5:54 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on August 16th, 2010, 3:56 pm

Character: Brunhild
Experience: 1 XP Archery, 1 XP Eagle Riding
Lore: Knowledge most Wind Eagles bond with children around age 13.

Additional Note: There are always exceptions to every rule. In the Inarta Culture, most eagles do bond with children who are around age 13, but they can be far younger or far older. Also, lovely read. I wish there was more. Each thread can qualify for up to 5 xp in a subject, so if there's more than a line or two and multiple posts (far more than two) supporting this I tend to give the maximum. If you post more next time, you'll gladly see more XP. I like the NPC you made up for her father. He seems very loving.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)