Closed To deliver a package

Clyde must get his packag delivered, via means shady

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

To deliver a package

Postby Clyde Sullins on January 16th, 2014, 2:33 pm

5 Winter 513

A name and a place, that was all that he had. A place called Karla and Valini Imports, and a man named Albrecht, who ran a caravan on the kabrin. Which considering his particular needs, seemed a good person to talk to. Surely a head of a caravan would know of the business, who was going, of his competitors, if nothing else but out of his own business interests.

It was for this information from Razkar, that he was now here. Walking inside, it seemed more or less what one would expect from such a location. Things being moved about, boxes and crates and sacks. Things people wanted moved to another place, probably where they would be worth more and could be sold for a profit.

The kabrin road after all was the lifeblood of land trade in and throughout Sylira and its surrounding lands. If you wanted it moved, besides by what was accessible by sea, then you went through it.

Coming inside, Clyde asked for Albrecht, and was told to wait, and did so for several chimes. But soon enough, the man came out, also more or less what one would expect from a master of a caravan.

"Hello, I hear you are one to talk to about things being shipped via the Kabrin. I was hoping to contact a few good men, about helping me move a package. Razkar told me of you, and said you surely would know such men who planned to leave Zeltiva."

The man eyed Clyde, and shrugged a bit noncommittally.

"Perhaps, perhaps I am. Though you have yet to even tell me your name, Mr..."

Clyde smiled back, returning the shrug.

"Yes well, I would prefer not to bandy about names, the people I work for, their interests... They would prefer this stay discrete. And I have heard you are a man of discretion. I promise you will be well rewarded for such discretion."

"And what, Mr.Smith, exactly would you have need of?"

Clyde smiled, glad the man was quickly getting onto his tack... Or at least seeming to... He would need to watch for this man, he had changed his mind far to quickly, and he seemed rather intelligent for that. Or perhaps the lure of the coin was enough to buy his silence? Hard to tell, but regardless Clyde knew he should be cautious.

"As I said, I need a package delivered, and I need to make sure it is done so discretely and without being tampered with. So I would rather make the deal with the individual, over the caravan owner. Plus, less paperwork. If you could find me a few such men, at least two, that should be enough. Then we can separately make a deal for the services needed. Oh, and perhaps some caravaneers of the Denvali, by their nature of how they live, I would imagine they would especially be apt to being discrete..."

Clyde did his best to slip the bit in about the Denvali unobtrusively at the end, hoping to not draw notice to it. When it came to wheeling and dealing and negotiating, Clyde was not the worst, but neither was he the best.

"Well... If properly incentivized, I am sure I could find the people you want. But it would take a few days. And know the caravans wont be heading out till spring, so even if you make the deal now, it won't head out till then."

Clyde nodded, and took out his coin purse. He slowly counted out 30 gm, and put them into the mans hand. Then after pausing for a moment, took out another 20 gm, and added those also, "For your discretion."

The man waved him off after that, and said he needed to get to work, and to check back in a few days.

Clyde nodded, and headed out the door, planning to come by at least once every other day till the man found who he wanted.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

To deliver a package

Postby Eldritch on February 4th, 2014, 2:26 am

7th of Winter, 513 AV

On the first day Clyde would return he would find Albrecht standing in the middle of the room, his eyes finding the Reimacer immediately. He would wave over the tall man, a smirk on his face as he did indicating that he likely had news that would please Clyde. When the man would approach the caravan master would cross his arms and chuckle a bit, moving right onto business afterwards.

"I believe I have found a gentleman who can give you what you need, Mr. Smith. I had to do some poking around and was able to locate a man that might very well be willing to offer the services of... discrete delivery. He's waiting for you in the backroom." He stated, directing Clyde's attention to a hallways that led to the back of the building.

If the wizard were to head down the directed hall he would come to a door slightly ajar, the flickering of candlelight coming from within. Once he entered Clyde would find himself in a small room, one that possessed a small round table and two chairs. Sitting across from the chair nearest to Clyde was a sandy haired young man, his face specked with freckles here or there. He wore a rather expensive looking dark cloak and held a cane in his hands, its silverhead in the shape of some bestial thing with sapphires glinting in its eye sockets.

The man would notice Clyde and then stand offering his free hand across the table, a friendly smile on his face. The man was unarmed seemingly and possessed no defenses that could be seen, either he was very trusting about discrete business or was prepared in some other way. Something a paranoid mind might consider.

"You must be Mr. Smith. Its a pleasure to make your acquaintance, you can call me Mr. In Cog. Please have a seat." The man said, grinning wryly at the reimancer.

"So, I hear you are looking to acquire... persons of certain discretion to cross the Kabrin." The man would start as Clyde sat.
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

To deliver a package

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 4th, 2014, 4:29 am

As soon as Clyde saw the man's expression upon seeing Clyde, he knew that good news was to follow. Surely he would not be in such high spirits, if he had not already earned the money Clyde had given him, all 50 gold mizas of it.

"I believe I have found a gentleman who can give you what you need, Mr. Smith. I had to do some poking around and was able to locate a man that might very well be willing to offer the services of... discrete delivery. He's waiting for you in the backroom."

Clyde looked over to where the caravan master pointed, and nodded. If nothing else, the man certainly knew his caravans, and did his reputation justice. But then in his business, speed was everything, and the faster you set the wheels in motion, the faster you got paid.

As he headed down the hallway as directed, Clyde saw a familiar sight. The flicker of flames, light cast by its burning, torches or candles inside giving off their fiery glow. The light trickled out through the door that was ajar.

Pushing the door open, he saw the man indicated who was inside... Well, man by the meaning of being male, as he was not to old. Surely he had not seen too many seasons more than Clyde himself. He held a cane where Clyde held a staff, a cane of finer make and design than the staff humbly crafted as a gift from the man who raised Clyde... Clyde's robes were turned with the normal side showing, so it would appear as if he was wearing common grey robes. But if he had them turned to the proper side, they would show they were as fine as the cloak this man wore... Of course, they also had the emblem of the Ebonstryfe on them, which meant it was unwise to wear them in the open.

The sandy haired man with freckles noticed Clyde come inside, showing a smile and offering a hand. Clyde took the offered hand and shook, not showing a smile but not frowning either... Just giving his normal neutral expression. He did not worry overly much at the moment. He did note the lack of any weapons, but then it seemed likely he had been in such situations before and knew had to handle them.

And since Clyde wanted something from him, it would surely mean he had no reason to kill him. Likewise Clyde wanted something from the sandy haired man, and so was less than likely to want the sandy haired man dead. They were both held by a common interest, for the profit of the venture, of their business, which meant it was unlikely either would do anything just yet... Not until later when everyone had been paid.

Once that time came, Clyde would worry more about possible plotting or attempts at his life... For the moment, he focused on the dealing. But he would still do his best to notice anything... Off.

"You must be Mr. Smith. Its a pleasure to make your acquaintance, you can call me Mr. In Cog. Please have a seat."

Clyde took the offered seat, continuing to hold the staff in his right hand, the well used wood showing its age and usage, showing its many battle scars and damages. The most noticeable one being from a flaming Zith that had tried to claw Clyde's face off. This same staff that Clyde held so precious was the only thing that had kept those claws off of him long enough to kill the zith with his breath of res. Clyde and the staff were old friends, and it was a comfort to have it hear in his dealings.

"So, I hear you are looking to acquire... persons of certain discretion to cross the Kabrin."

"Yes. And I hear you are just such a person that can assist me. What do you have to offer, to aid me in my needs?"
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

To deliver a package

Postby Eldritch on February 14th, 2014, 11:25 pm

The man leaned forward, his gaze seeming to search Clyde for something, perhaps for apprehension or hesitation. Seeing none of these things he simply shrugged at Clyde's inquiry, non-committal. He twirled the cane idly, the candle light glinting off the sapphires of the head's eyes. He seemed at ease with this whole business, as though it were a commonality for such things to occur.

"I can indeed, though a package like yours, Mr. Smith requires a little more than just persons of certain discretion." He replied.

He was a far cry from the caravan master, playing at words and teasing at the mage for seemingly pure amusement. Then there was the fact that he seemed to indicate knowing what it was Clyde wished to do, what his package was. The tone of this exchange became just a little more dangerous, something that could go either way at this point. The man's significant look was flashed Clyde's way for a moment, cutting off as he focused on his cane once more.

"I have contacts among the Denvali who have a desire to flee Zeltiva for Syliras, I suspect with some cajoling they might carry your package across the Kabrin. They do owe me a few... favors." He stated.

He gave Clyde another significant look, perhaps it was a trick of the light but for less than half a tick his pupils appeared to slit slightly as they gazed over him. A tingle would creep down the mage's spine, something was off about this man. His breathing was slow and shallow, rather unhealthy but yet he appeared no worse for wear. His mannerisms were so easy going, despite the possibility of him knowing what Clyde was transporting.

"My resources are very well prepared to assist you, Mr. Smith. My question to you, is what you can offer to me in return for my assistance?" He inquired.
Eldritch

Office
Scrapbook

To deliver a package

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 15th, 2014, 1:03 am

"I can indeed, though a package like yours, Mr. Smith requires a little more than just persons of certain discretion."

The way he said those words, made Clyde narrow his eyes at him. It seemed a bit... Off. Though he could not say exactly why. But he knew he could not know of his mission, of what he was sending, of what he was doing. He had told no one, not even all of the Ravokians that had accompanied him on his journey.

So he did not see how someone could learn of his true motives and mission.

Clyde considered simply ending things right there, tossing a firebolt at the man, setting the room aflame, and fleeing... But, he had gone this far, best not to petch things up when so close. Not when such a well established avenue seemed right before him.

"I have contacts among the Denvali who have a desire to flee Zeltiva for Syliras, I suspect with some cajoling they might carry your package across the Kabrin. They do owe me a few... favors."

Finally, Clyde put his finger upon the problem... He was simply too calm for such a negotiation, particularly for one where he claimed to know Clyde's true mission and motive. To at ease. His breathing was even, no catch to it. Clyde did not notice the fact that it was not as often as it should be. Nor did he notice the slitting of the mans eyes for a moment.

But Clyde did notice the chill as it went down his spine. Something was off, perhaps not with the negotiations, but perhaps with the man himself. He was not sure if he could trust him, well he was sure he could not, but he was unsure if going forward with the plan was the best avenue. But seeking another way of doing things at this point would only further complicate his job...

"My resources are very well prepared to assist you, Mr. Smith. My question to you, is what you can offer to me in return for my assistance?"

Clyde paused for a moment, looking the man over, unsure of what he meant. What his game was.

"Well, I can assure you that helping me in this endeavor would garner you my favor. I am not a bad ally to have... But if mizas are what you want, rest assured I have the funds to make sure you are well compensated. Unless... Unless you had something else in mind? What exactly is it that you want Mr... Cog. My desires are quite clear, but yours seem a bit muddled in the mists of your words."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

To deliver a package

Postby Eldritch on March 10th, 2014, 6:35 am

The man known as In Cog smirked at Clyde’s words, toying with his cane once more and twirling it between his fingers. His eyes grew just a little bit distant, as though pondering something deep within his memory. After about half a chime he shrugged and put his feet up on the table, leisurely leaning back into his chair with eyes looking at the cane. His smirk had become somewhat playful all things considered and his voice held the same lilt of amusement.

“Money… I have no need for such trivialities, Mr. Smith. Money is a temporary thing; it changes hands easily and quickly. Miza or Nilo, it matters very little to me though most in Zeltiva scramble beneath their shadows.” He stated.

“I have a vested interest in seeing your package delivered, believe it or not, Mr. Smith. Though I do indeed wish something from you personally and I think you will find it well within your capabilities. I understand you are a Glypher of no small skill; my associates seem to believe your skills greater than any other in Zeltiva. I would like to acquire two products of your skill for my own personal use, no questions asked.” The tall man said at length.

The sandy haired man placed his cane down upon the table, tiring of twirling it though his fingers seemed somewhat hesitant to release their grip upon it. He removed his feet from the table and stood from his chair, turning his back to Clyde with his cloak shimmering slightly in the candle light. He folded his hands behind his back and seemed to enjoy deliberately dragging this out.

“I would like you, Mr. Smith, to provide me with a scroll able to contain a simple bolt of lightning, enough to kill a man with the trigger set to my dictation of wording. I would also like you to create a Grand Oath made to my dictation of terms. I have the supplies here for both; I simply require a mage with your skill to craft them. Do this for me, and I will arrange for your package to be carried safely along the Kabrin to your specifications.” He said, glancing over his shoulder to Clyde.

“Do you agree to my terms?” He asked, smirking slightly.
Eldritch

Office
Scrapbook

To deliver a package

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 10th, 2014, 6:51 am

“Money… I have no need for such trivialities, Mr. Smith. Money is a temporary thing; it changes hands easily and quickly. Miza or Nilo, it matters very little to me though most in Zeltiva scramble beneath their shadows.”

Clyde could not help taking a sudden pause at the mans words. Their where few who had no concern for money. Those who cared little for worldly possessions, and the rich. Rich and well off enough to not have to worry about a few mizas here or there. Probably with some source of income that kept them well off. Clyde had a feeling this man was not of the first variety, which logically would mean that he was of the second kind. Wealthy.

“I have a vested interest in seeing your package delivered, believe it or not, Mr. Smith. Though I do indeed wish something from you personally and I think you will find it well within your capabilities. I understand you are a Glypher of no small skill; my associates seem to believe your skills greater than any other in Zeltiva. I would like to acquire two products of your skill for my own personal use, no questions asked.”

However as the demands upon Clyde where laid out, two examples of Glyphing, Clyde was further concerned, and paused for an even longer moment. Two scrolls, or some such product... What could he want? What would he want that would hold such value to the man? What could he make that the man wanted so dearly?

“I would like you, Mr. Smith, to provide me with a scroll able to contain a simple bolt of lightning, enough to kill a man with the trigger set to my dictation of wording. I would also like you to create a Grand Oath made to my dictation of terms. I have the supplies here for both; I simply require a mage with your skill to craft them. Do this for me, and I will arrange for your package to be carried safely along the Kabrin to your specifications.”

The first was easy enough... He had made quite a few scrolls to hold lightning, making one that was capable of holding a lightning spell would be easy. But a Grand Oath... Those could be used for far more nefarious ends. But so long as he was not the one signing it, the end use the man had in mind did not matter so much for Clyde. Not when he had bigger things to worry about, and was finally so close to the culmination of his work.

“Do you agree to my terms?”

"I agree to your terms, conditionally. I will not ask what you want to use these items for, in fact it is likely better off that I don't know in this case..."

"However, what I want is this. I simply want your word that should this scroll be used, it will not be used against myself or my interests. As for the Grand Oath, so long as you don't expect me to sign it, I am fine with making that. Just your word, to me, and I would be more than happy to make both of the items that you desire, so as to make this deal work."

Of course, the man could easily lie, he could give his word and then still use them as Clyde had asked him to promise not to. Clyde would keep the mans gaze until he answered. If he accepted the terms Clyde applied to his terms, then he would make the items he wanted of Clyde... And if not, well then he would need to figure out something else.

But then, all Clyde was really asking for was the man's word in regards to the first scroll, a word that could easily be broken... Surely the man would not be unwilling to grant him such a small condition. Or so Clyde reasoned.

But regardless, it did not take a person as observant as Clyde to realize that something was going on here, something deeper and out of sight of this dealing. Something that had nothing to do with Clyde, but perhaps planned to use him in some power struggle of the wealthy or well off, or for some other nefarious end.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

To deliver a package

Postby Eldritch on March 11th, 2014, 4:32 am

The man quirked and eyebrow at Clyde’s conditional acceptance, turning fully to spread his arms theatrically and adopt a mock hurt expression. The mage’s conditions were logically reasonable and most any would simply agree with them so they might move on, but this man had proven to be more than a little odd. He seemed to be feeding off of creating some grand drama, relishing in saying much but at the same time nothing at all. His speech was circular in nature; one had to wonder what he was hiding behind his calm countenance.

“Why, Mr. Smith you wound me! That you would think me so dishonorable to utilize your own tools against you, it pains me beyond words.” He said, waiting a beat before smirking again.

“As I’ve said, I stand to gain more from your success than your failure, Mr. Smith so you have my word as a gentleman that I will not utilize this scroll you would create for me against you. I also promise not to use this Grand Oath you would create against you.” He said with a shrug, moving back to the table and taking up his cane as he offered his hand out.

“So? I take it we have a deal then? If so I’ll show you where you will be working.” He inquired.

It seemed simple enough, everything Clyde could want and need was laid out before him at this point and the deal was set to be made. All he needed to do was take this man’s hand and agree to the deal that had been hashed out. Of course, if Clyde had any additional terms or requirements it was likely a good idea to get them out now before the moment passed them by.
Eldritch

Office
Scrapbook

To deliver a package

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 11th, 2014, 4:50 am

If nothing else, the man knew how to talk. But talking did not mean one communicated. No, it was more to the point the things he didn't communicate specifically that brought Clyde's interest. He could tell there was more going on, that the man was plotting and planning, but was unsure how exactly, or for what end... Which left him less than happy. But he still wanted to conclude this deal, and he did not immediately see how it would negatively affect him.

“Why, Mr. Smith you wound me! That you would think me so dishonorable to utilize your own tools against you, it pains me beyond words.”

Clyde did not really believe the man was wounded, even before seeing his smirk. In fact he seemed more like he was in the midst of a dramatic performance. The only question was, who was the audience? Clyde? He cared little for theatrics. So who then? Or did the man simply enjoy

“As I’ve said, I stand to gain more from your success than your failure, Mr. Smith so you have my word as a gentleman that I will not utilize this scroll you would create for me against you. I also promise not to use this Grand Oath you would create against you.”

Clyde nodded, accepting for now the mans word that he would not use the scroll against Clyde, nor would he try to make Clyde sign it. He could of course easily have been lying, and planned to betray him once he got his use out of him...

But then with a skill such as Clyde's arising so rarely, was it worth it too the man to risk losing access to such a skill? Perhaps he was better off not doing anything to alienate Clyde, and for that reason he would not betray him?

“So? I take it we have a deal then? If so I’ll show you where you will be working.”

Clyde nodded, accepting what had been presented to him so far.

"Yes, I accept your terms. Though bear in mind, I am wanting to Oath the couriers that I will be hiring through you for this task, just to make sure they do their work as needed. If they are here, I suppose I could go ahead and knock those out and craft them while I make yours."

"Oh, and I have a few questions to aid me in crafting the items to your specific needs. I need to know the wording of the desired Oath that you want, along with the mentioned specific trigger you require. I expect a vocal trigger would work? Would the trigger be made to specially work for you, or for someone else in particular, or just anyone present here today at its crafting, or should it work for anyone who speaks the words? If you can answer those questions, I can do the Glyphing."

Assuming there was no other issues, Clyde would shake the man's hand and accept the deal. Even though he had a strong inkling that something more was going on here than he knew...

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

To deliver a package

Postby Eldritch on April 9th, 2014, 8:00 pm

The man shook Clyde’s hand quickly and then would lead them out the door to the room and down a hall towards another door, this one locked. The man produced a small black iron key and deftly opened the door, pocketing it again and swinging open the door. The room beyond was really little more than a small office, a desk and a couple of chairs being the only furnishing. Upon the desk was more than enough supplies for the Grand Oath Clyde was commissioned to make with enough left over for two other Oaths. Further parchment was there for the scroll as well.

The man would close the door behind him and gesture to the desk for Clyde to be seated; from there the man would set himself down in the other chair across from him and seem to fall deep into though. In Glyphing the wording was extremely important in any scroll sigil, as a faulty trigger could very well go haywire and result in early or unintentional activation. It was also a question of whether he was willing to reveal his identity truly to Clyde to have it identify only to him.

“Hmm… let’s start with the scroll. For this scroll the trigger would need to simply be activated with a certain phrase spoken, but I would like it only to be able to do so on a certain date. The 15th of Spring, 514 AV. Those are the only activation conditions I would require.” The man stated, twirling his cane idly again.

“As for binding the two to deliver this I wouldn’t worry overmuch about that, they are rather willing to do anything to ensure a package such as yours is delivered to Syliras.” He continued, shrugging slightly as if it were an unimportant and apparently expected detail.
Eldritch

Office
Scrapbook

Next