[Konti] Arianni D'Sorn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

[Konti] Arianni D'Sorn

Postby Arianni D'Sorn on August 24th, 2010, 12:49 am

Arianni D'Sorn

Race: Konti
Birthdate: 45th of Winter, 483 AV

Physical Description:
Standing at 5'3", Arianni has a stooped appearance, with her head always bowed from looking down on the ground, making her seem even smaller. She has a slight frame that lack the toned muscles of a physically fit Konti, as she focuses more on intellectual pursuits rather than physical ones. Pale but dirty blonde hair the color of sunrise smudged with dark clouds reach just past slim shoulders, often loose and unadorned with accessories, framing a narrow face that is gentle and timid, though somewhat marred by mismatching eyes. One, the left, is of a greenish blue hue, the color of the deep sea. It was the color of both her eyes at birth. The right one however, is now an angry crimson shade, the product of a magical mishap she had the misfortune of going through at a young age. It sometimes lends her face a malevolent look, especially if one stares too long in the red eye. Silver scales shimmer over alabaster skin around her slender limbs, forming whorled patterns around her body. She has long and delicate fingers, her hands more suitable for penning a scroll than holding a suvai.

Character Concept:
Personality - Arianni is timid and shy, her eyes often cast down on the ground and would only flick about if she thought no one was looking. She has trouble maintaining eye contact, as if it made her uncomfortable, though the experience was usually the same for others when they looked into her eyes, a sensation triggered by the red one. Because her eyes are downcast most of the time, she has developed the ability to recognize familiar people by their footwear or feet alone. She has trouble initiating conversation and is quite awkward in social situations.

Ethics - Arianni gravitates toward the path of good and the just, though she is somewhat naive and can be swayed or tricked by others who are manipulative into performing deeds that do not follow these principles. She is specially vulnerable to this when her Konti gift manifests and she begins to display another person's neurosis, which others may use to take advantage of her or manipulate her.

Likes - Arianni enjoys her magical studies more than any physical lesson, be it martial arts or the art of fighting with the suvai. She prefers to pen scrolls or paint runes and sigils over any physical activity that involved straining oneself. Solitude is comfort for her, as she feels she thinks and performs her tasks best when alone Reading is a hobby, as well as taking leisurely walks around Mura. She sings and dances, but only when alone or when she thinks no one is watching her.

Dislikes - Arianni dislikes physical strain. She avoids crowds if possible, preferring to be around the few people she is familiar with, though she would not shy to be in a place where there was a lot of people if told to do so. She dislikes being interrupted in what she is currently doing, and is repulsed by insects, finding them icky and disgusting.

Character History:
  • Pre-Creation
    Arianni is the lone child of Avalone, a reimancer/voider of middling skill but a talented suvai wielder of the Timandre bloodline, with her union with a human. Not much is known about Arianni’s father, for her mother arrived alone and heavy with child in Mura after many years away from the Konti island home. The woman refused to speak with anyone about who had seeded her. Even Arianni, almost into adulthood now, has never heard a word about the man. Everyone only knew it was a human, discovering it through divination, though his face and identity were never clear in the visions of those who tried to catch a glimpse of him.

Even as a child, Arianni was quiet and aloof, struggling to make friends with other children or interacting with adults. The girl always preferred to be alone, doing the things she liked only when she was by herself. It worried her mother, making her worry that her child might be mentally ill. This notion was only reinforced when Avalone caught her daughter talking to herself one day, as if she was carrying a conversation with an unseen speaker. The woman gently approached the child about it, but Arianni would only say that she was talking to her playmate. Avalone would find her again many times speaking that way, but to her dolls. On the one hand it seemed like a natural childhood habit that Arianni might outgrow once she was older, but her mother still approached the best seers to divine if there was something wrong with her daughter. They could only tell her that the girl had latent magical talent. It made sense, Timandre blood flowed in her veins after all. It was still worrisome for Avalone though, for it meant her daughter was channeling djed in some way and was not able to regulate it. Hearing voices was a well-known sign of overgiving.

It wasn’t soon that Arianni found herself taking lessons in the different fields of magic.

It was a relief for her, who, disliking physically strenuous activities, had previously been forced to endure suvai lessons from her mother when Avalone tried to impart to her the traditional fighting art of their people. Arianni excelled in her studies – in the theory aspect of it at least. She was given an overview of the different fields of magic and taught the basics of controlling djed as well as maintaining control over what she cast or channeled. She became enamored to Voiding, perhaps because it was her mother’s specialty as well, and she had watched Avalone dispose or store things in the Void rather than keep clutter in their small house all her life. She augmented it by taking up Glyphing, in order to set controls and triggers when she cast her first spell.

At the age of fifteen, Arianni attempted her first spell: under the supervision of her tutor, she was tasked to open a small portal into the Void. But despite her ability to absorb everything she was taught with ease, the girl just could not spark her first portal, no matter how hard she tried, no matter how much her tutor pushed or encouraged her. It seemed that the seers were wrong about her talents. Avalone was relieved. It was better that her daughter was magic dead than become afflicted with the insanity rumored to befall those with Timandre blood. She stopped worrying about Arianni, though she still allowed her to continue her studies in magic but insisting that the girl just focus on glyphing instead.

Life continued quietly for both mother and daughter, for a while at least. Avalone gave lessons in the art of fighting with the suvai to interested Konti, while Arianni penned scrolls and crafted runes for scholars and priestesses. It was a simple set up for them, and both were content to continue what they were doing. Avalone experienced a premonition one day, however, one involving her daughter being sucked in a whirling vortex. Panicked, she rushed home, slamming open the door just as a portal winked out of existence. She immediately knew that her daughter had been inside it before it closed. It was a fortunate thing that the pair of suvai she had gifted Arianni never left the girl’s side even though they never saw use in her hands. They were anchored items, Avalone having stored them before in the great emptiness of the Void. The woman immediately opened a portal through them, pulling her daughter out as soon as it was large enough to do so.

Arianni had only been in the Void for at least several seconds but her lips were already blue from the cold and she as not breathing. Part of her face was covered in blood; Avalone assumed she had been injured by one of the many objects that littered the empty space, though she did not see anything when she had pulled the girl out. Healers were summoned immediately to revive her and to close her wounds. Through later investigations, it was discovered that Arianni had somehow opened a large enough portal and with a strong enough pull to suck her in. The girl must have terrified to find such a large rip in time and space before her and tried to control it with her fledgling skill, but she lost control and succumbed to overgiving, the strain rupturing the capillaries of her right eye and forever colored its iris a blood red hue. Avalone never mentioned it to her daughter, but she knew the girl’s meager skills could not have opened such a large portal. There had to have been outside help, and she worried whoever it was had malicious intent for her daughter. She had Arianni watched over covertly from then on in.
  • Post Creation - What happened to your PC in game as you play them.
Last edited by Arianni D'Sorn on September 27th, 2011, 11:44 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Arianni D'Sorn
Eye of the Void

Words: 49757
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2010, 12:36 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Arianni D'Sorn

Postby Arianni D'Sorn on August 24th, 2010, 1:08 am

Training & Skill Points:
  • Starting Skills:
    Skill Points Remarks
    Voiding 30 Starting Package
    Glyphing 20 Starting Package
    Fortune Telling 10 Racial Bonus

• Earned Skill/Points:
    Skill Points Total Proficiency
    Dancing +2 2 Novice
    Listening +3 3 Novice
    Observation +2 2 Novice
    Rhetoric +1 1 Novice
    Seduction +2 2 Novice
    Storytelling +1 1 Novice
    Swimming +1 1 Novice
    Voiding +2 32 Competent
    Weapon, Melee - Suvai +2 2 Novice

Lores:
  • Starting Lores:
  • Earned Lores:
    Fulfilling an Obligation Being Welcomed Embarrassment Being Clumsy
    Suvai Beginner’s Stance & Form Opening Up to a Friend Enjoying Suvai Practice Kissing a Girl
    Getting Close with a Girl Attraction Addiction to Magic Tipsiness
    The Hope of City Lights The Violent Hearts of Men The Peril of Life in Sunberth Brothels: Sating Desires of the Flesh
    Some Hospitality Comes With a Price The Value of a Konti (empty) (empty)

Language(s):
  • Kontinese - Fluent
  • Ancient Tongue - Basic
  • Common - Broken

Gnosis:

Abilities:
  • Konti Gift - Neuro-empathy
    Arianni's 'gift' unconsciously causes her to pick up the neuroses of those people she spends considerable time with. She has no control over the ability, and the change is so gradual that she would only notice that she's doing something she doesn't normally do until she's done something that is out of character for her something that is a drastic deviation from what she would normally do. For example, if she has a kleptomaniac companion and they were in a store, she will feel a desire to pocket an item she thinks no one will notice missing. If with someone who was obsessive-compulsive, Arianni will eventually start checking and rechecking where she has put her things, or making sure that she has bolted the door more than once. More complex psychological conditions take longer to pick up, but the more time she spends with the person with those conditions, the more she absorbs their neuroses. Extensive physical contact with the person speeds up the absorption process.

While she can consciously resist the more blatant and glaring compulsions that deviate from what she thinks is her 'normal' self, most behavioral changes go unnoticed until someone points them out to her. Any neuroses she may have picked up will slowly diminish and eventually vanish once she is separated from the person who has them for an extended period of time.

Equipment/Possessions:
Item Cost Description
Starting Package:
Chemise (Silk - Undergarment) N/A A simple shift that modestly covers the body.
Cloak (Cotton) N/A Hooded and darkly colored.
Dress (Average) N/A A simple dress of light, earthy colors.
Shoes (Sandals) N/A Light but sturdy sandals of feminine design.
Waterskin N/A Contains plain water.
Backpack N/A Contains comb, brush, soap, flint and steel, and eating knife. Has plenty more space for other things.
Rations (7 days' worth) N/A Travel rations enough to last a week.
Suvai (Twin) N/A A pair of finely crafted suvai sheathed in ivory scabbards with carvings of the Seer's Lily. Has never seen use outside of practice. (Family heirloom)
Acquisitions:
Bedroll 1sm A simple bedroll.
Belt (Leather) 2sm A simple leather belt.
Belt, Pouch 1gm A small pouch used as a container for money.
Blanket (Winter) 5sm A simple blanket to keep oneself warm at night.
Blouse (Linen) 1gm A linen blouse of soft, earthy colors.
Book (Blank) 3gm A book with pages yet to be filled. Leather-bound.
Boots (Low) 3sm Low, feminine boots made for long distance traveling.
Breeches (Cotton) 1sm Simple pants of a dark, earthy color.
Candle (Cold, 3pcs) 3gm A cold candle looks like a normal candle, but instead of a wick it holds a strange alchemical substance that burns while not giving off heat, only light. It illuminates a five-foot radius and lasts for one hour. The candles burn underwater as well.
Ink (3 vials) 6gm Black ink. Each vial contains an ounce of the dark liquid.
Inscribing Paint (2 pots) 6gm This paint contains both metallic and black elements in a special mixture. When used to scribe fine lines this paint makes it look as though the lines are actually inlaid into the substance, not just painted on the surface. This is particularly useful for creating circles and runes. A pot contains enough paint to inscribe a 10-foot radius area.
Lamp (Common) 1sm A common lamp.
Paintbrush (3 pcs) 30sm Paintbrushes of different sizes.
Paper (10 sheets) 40sm White sheet of paper made from cloth fibres.
Parchment (10 sheets) 20sm Goat hide or sheepskin prepared for writing on.
Pot (Iron) 5sm An iron pot used for cooking when out in the wilderness.
Quill (5 pcs) 25cm Quills made from swan feathers.
Robe (Cotton) 1gm A simple white robe.
Rope (Silk, 50ft) 10gm A rope 50 feet in length made of silk.
Scrollcase (Watertight) 5gm Constructed out of tin, the caps at either end of this scrollcase are sealed with wax to prevent water running inside and ruining the contents.
Skirt (Average) 4sm A simple skirt of soft, earthy colors.
Tent (One-person) 2gm A tent only large enough to fit one person inside.
Torch (x2) 2cm A piece of wood with one end wrapped in cloth that's been dipped in pitch.
Tunic (Cotton) 5sm A simple white tunic.
Silk Dress - A silk dress given by Braga.
Smallclothes - Undergarments given by Braga.
Plain shoes - Human-sized shoes given by Braga.

Ledger:
  • Starting Funds:
    • 100 gold mizas
    • 500 gold mizas (surrendered Housing)
  • Deductions:
    • 48gm and 7sm and 27cm (for Purchases with Starting Package items)
    • 45gm (Fall 510 AV Living Expense)
    • 5gm (Winter 510 AV Living Expense) - Squalor for living in a cave the whole season
    • 45gm (Spring 511 AV Living Expense)
    • 45gm (Summer 511 AV Living Expense)
  • Total Current Funds:
    • 411gm and 3cm

Notes:
  • Seasonal Living Expense - Poor (45gm)
  • Residence - Arianni stays with her mother in a humble, two-room cottage by the seaside.
Last edited by Arianni D'Sorn on September 27th, 2011, 11:53 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Arianni D'Sorn
Eye of the Void

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Arianni D'Sorn - Thread List

Postby Arianni D'Sorn on August 24th, 2010, 1:11 am

Thread List:

Date Thread Title Description Status
Flashbacks:
58th of Summer, 505 AV Shared Innocence Meeting with Satu Closed
37th of Fall, 505 AV Inscribing Destiny Meeting with Kamalia -
Fall, 510 AV:
1st of Fall, 510 AV Lost In The World Of Man Arrival in Sunberth Closed
85th of Fall, 510 AV Escape from Sunberth Arianni strives to be free of the oppressive city -
Winter, 510 AV:
92nd of Winter, 510 AV Full Circle Arianni reunites with Satu -
Spring, 511 AV:
Spring, 511 AV The Scorpion and the Frog Arianni, in Satu's party, enters Nyka -
Last edited by Arianni D'Sorn on April 18th, 2011, 12:05 am, edited 7 times in total.
Arianni D'Sorn
Eye of the Void

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Arianni D'Sorn (WIP)

Postby Arianni D'Sorn on August 24th, 2010, 12:09 pm

Arianni D'Sorn

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
Arianni D'Sorn.

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
Not really, no. Arya is fine, I guess?

3. How old are you?
27 years old as of the year 510 AV. That is around 17 in human years.

4. What is your height?
I stand at 5'3".

5. What is your weight?
90 lbs.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.

2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
Quiet, reserved, aloof. All true, I suppose.

3. What is your favorite body feature?
My hands.

4. How physically fit are you?
Not very. I'm not really into physical activities.

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
Simple shift or robes. I dress simply.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
My mother is Avalone. She is loving and kind, though a little to insistent that I learn the use of the suvai. I do not know my father. My mother would not speak of him.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
None that I know of.

3. What is your extended family like?
We're supposed to be related to the Timandres, but Mother must have taken the last name of her husband.

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
Yes, of course.

5. Do you treat animals like family?
I've never had a pet, to be honest.

Mura.

2. Where do you live now?
Mura, with my mother.

3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
I don't know much about the outside world. I have never seen it.

4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
Yes. I enjoy taking strolls by the shore. We live near the sea.

5. Where do you fear to be?
I don't know...In the training pavillion?

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
I'm not exactly physically strong. I tire easily when doing strenuous activities.

2. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right handed.

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
I speak Kontinese fluently though I've learned the Common tongue from listening to visitors in Mura. i've learned the Ancient Tongue as well as from my studies. I sound like most Konti my age I guess?

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I don't know. I like the quiet though.

5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)?
Oh no! Aren't tattoos painful?

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
5. What occupation do you least like? Why?

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
4. How do you learn best?
5. What are your educational goals for the future?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
2. Do you like to read?
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Arianni D'Sorn
Eye of the Void

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets