Full Circle (Satu)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Full Circle (Satu)

Postby Arianni D'Sorn on February 4th, 2011, 10:35 pm

Full Circle

Date: 92nd of Winter, 510 AV

A crown of dirty blonde hair broke the water's surface, soon followed by the weary face of Arianni D'Sorn, Konti voider and daughter of Avalone. Her features were gaunt and haggard, her once shiny scales having lost much of their luster - so unlike the healthy young Konti woman she had been when she first arrived in the mainland two seasons ago. In one hand she held a rather large fish, the creature unmoving and did not struggle in her grasp. In her other hand was one of her suvai, the cause of the fish's immobility, the weapon's poison paralyzing it without outright killing it. Catching the fish had been a difficult ordeal for the frail Konti. Despite being able to breath underwater, Ariani wasn't exactly a very good swimmer and it took her the greater part of an hour chasing the fish before she got close enough to nick it with the point of her small blade. After that it was just a matter of waiting it out until the paralysis set in.

The effort of it was still exhausting for her however, and she just floated unmoving on the surface, allowing the waves to carry her back to shore. Taking in huge gulps of seawater and absorbing the air in them before expelling the oxygen-deprived fluids through the gills on the side of her neck, the Konti thought about how she got in her current situation.

Ever since her daring (in her opinion at least) escape from Braga's brothel, Arianni had been living in a cave along the coast. Set in a cliff facing the ocean, her makeshift shelter provided her excellent protection from the prying eyes of humans, for the cave entrance was flooded and hidden from view when the tide was high. Inside was a ledge high enough that the water never reached it, and this was where she left her things - her clothes, books, writing materials and other implements. The interior had a natural chimney as well, thus she was able to light fires to keep herself warm without choking from the smoke. Of course that was when she learned how to use her tinderbox and she only lit fires at night ever now since a couple of curious humans happened upon the smoke wafting out of the crack in the ground.

The rigors of living in the wilds had taken its toll on the delicate Konti, and she had become thinner, though she did develop a little muscle from the numerous physical activities she had to do regularly in order to survive. Every day, Arianni would go out in the morning to catch fish - three big ones if she could manage, though she usually only managed two, and she felt that this was only due to her constant prayers to Laviku to provide her with his bounty that she was able to catch any at all. She would leave her catch inside her cave, in a shallow depression filled with water to keep them fresh for she ate her meals raw. Sometimes, if she was lucky, she would be able to bring crabs or lobsters though they were more difficult to keep in one place than the fish and she usually had to tear off their legs and pincers to keep them from skittering away.

By mid-afternoons, when the heat of the sun was not as scorching, she would scour the beach for dried driftwood or fallen coconuts as fuel for her nightly fires. And then at night she would content herself to write in her journal or fill the cave with glyphs in order to contain the magical arts she would practice. These activities kept Arianni sane, though lately she felt herself slipping more and more into loneliness and depression that she had started conversing with the fish she caught as if they could understand her just to remember the sound of her own voice and the use of her own language. She had also began to wonder if she was destined to live the rest of her life in such a state, if she would ever see her mother and her homeland ever again. She could not leave, for she knew not where to go and even if she did, she had already seen how dangerous the wide world could be. And so she lived her life in seclusion, living it day by day, her only constant companion was the voice in her head and that one only talked to her when she was lost in the ecstasy of her magic.

There was one time when Arianni actually tried to divine her own fate. She had created another depression on the floor inside her cave by opening a circular portal to the void halfway into the ground so that the stone was sucked into that dark space and she was left with a perfect bowl-shaped indentation. Not having any divining fluid to use, she filled it with sea water instead, hoping that, as the domain of Laviku and him being the consort of Avalis, it would serve as a conduit for what she had in mind. She waited until the water's surface had stilled into a perfect reflective surface - like glass - before she focused on the power of her god-given mark, concentrating on the water's smooth surface for a vision or any sort of sign.

There was nothing but her own gaunt features looking up at her. Disappointed, Arianni almost gave up, knowing that her skill in the telling of fortunes, even just her own, left much to be desired. She was about to dip her finger in the water in order to break its connection with her gnosis when she saw her face transform. First, her mismatched eyes turned sapphire and her thin face became healthy, her expression confident and sure. And yet it was not her own face she was looking at, but another Konti's - one very familiar to her.

Satu!

It was indeed her friend, the suvai fighter who taught her the use of the weapons gifted to her by her mother. The sight of the other Konti brought a smile to Arianni's lips for she missed her friend dearly. And yet...why was she being shown a vision of Satu when she had left Mura many years before, together with Arianni's own cousin, Kamalia? She had never heard from them since. And yet here she was, staring right up at Arianni. What did it mean? Was she supposed to look for Satu?

Every day since, Arianni did the same thing over and over, looking into the stilled water for another sign. And yet all she saw was Satu's face, the same confident and benevolent - and, Arianni imagined, loving - expression looking up at her. She never stopped her attempts at divination, hoping to find some sort of meaning behind it.

As she neared the shore now, walking naked and allowing the tide to propel her forward, with one hand wielding a suvai and the other holding a statue-like fish, Arianni prayed there would be something new in her fortune-telling. But as she gazed up to the beach, she suddenly realized what her vision meant.

And her heart lifted up in joy.
Arianni D'Sorn
Eye of the Void

Words: 49757
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2010, 12:36 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Full Circle (Satu)

Postby Satu on February 14th, 2011, 5:22 am

Satu walked along the beach lost in thoughts of oceans, and seas, and of Laviku. In the distance, a pale form appeared, reminding Satu of the home she had left so long ago. As if in a dream, the girl moved closer, and the HeartSeer’s eyes narrowed, it was a Konti! How long had it been since she had seen one of her own kind? A great while it seemed… and Satu almost felt trepidation because of it; would this one know the treachery of her Konti sisters? But the girl’s Heart sang out Excitement and Satu read it easily, for it had a familiar feel as the two Konti drew closer together. Could it be? Arianni? Did the sun and surf play tricks upon her mind? Her beautiful head lifted and her step quickened, but Satu’s HeartSense did not lie, this was Arianni! Arianni, her friend! And at times… more than friend. Memories of the magic user in Mura softened Satu’s face, as she thought about how close they once had been.

Standing tall and regal before Arianni, the confidence and self assurance Satu carried was plain to see; she knew who she was, and understood without fear the direction her life must take. But there was a control to her movements, a wariness that had not been there before in Mura, and the suvai fighter was more sculpted muscularly than she had been even a year before. Satu had matured from the young and naïve girl that Arianni had known. And while she was not yet adult, the Konti was getting closer, as worldly experiences shaped her both physically and mentally. Arianni had changed too, and Satu took in every detail as she looked at her unclothed friend, with a combination of concern and evaluation; the magic user was much thinner than Satu remembered, but then she was also more defined. And a small part of Satu’s mind hoped Arianni had been practicing the suvai, and she smiled with nostalgic remembrance to think of their suvai dance together and she fell silent for a moment. “You were always the timid one, though are you still?” she asked sweetly honest, but not unkindly. “How is it you have found me now? In my time of need?” Satu was convinced the Puppet god had a hand in this meeting… The need was great, and Satu had to think, and be smart. But Arianni had always been the smarter of the two.

So focused on the other Konti was Satu that for a time she forgot the Kelvic at her side. “This is Mao, my bondmate,” she said to Arianni, as her webbed fingers trailed along Mao’s bicep fondly, and almost without thought, intimately. And then she spoke to the Jaguar-girl, though the Konti’s gaze never left Arianni’s mismatched eyes. “Arianni is a childhood friend,” she said, but the new sparkle in her eye showed that the girl had been much more than that. Satu kept her hand firmly on Mao’s arm. And while Mao was much stronger than the Konti, the control was there in Satu’s soft touch, and in the intention of the fingers. “She will not harm you,” Satu said lightly, conversationally, but it was also an unsaid command to her bondmate, to not eat the girl.

Though inland far we be,
Our souls have sight of that immortal sea
Which brought us hither.
~William Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality

Signature Credit goes to:
archistock.deviantart.com
jurgita.com
catskullcollector.deviantart.com
and the ever lovely and helpful Hex for putting it all together!
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Words: 296249
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2009, 3:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Full Circle (Satu)

Postby Mao on February 21st, 2011, 10:02 pm

oocSorry for the super short post and super late reply!! You can continue talking and skip me if you like, I don't think Mao has much to say, hehe.

Mao followed Satu faithfully. As faithful, in fact, as a dog to it’s master. The kelvic had found a master-- a mistress, one who would use her to the best of her abilities to conquer those who deserve to be conquered. And for some reason, Mao was happy, almost excited about this fact. So as they walked along the beach, Mao was careful to keep her steps in place but a few strides behind her, watching the waves crash against the soft sands, and the sounds of the ocean so reminiscent to the atmosphere at Sanctuary. But no! She could not think of that haven now. Not when she had a newfound duty to uphold to the girl who walked gracefully in front of her.

After several chimes, and far before Satu laid eyes on the form of the other konti who approached them, albeit naked, Mao had noticed her scent. She was about to say something about the new presence when Satu spoke up, almost conversationally, as if she knew her. Mao watched the exchange with her head cocked, curious.

The other Konti was just as graceful, despite her lack of clothes, as Satu was. These creatures were always beautiful, thus it was no wonder slavers chased them far and wide, through the realms of Mizahar. Then abruptly, Satu’s touch broke the kelvic out of her reverie, and she blinked once, establishing her attention on the one named Arianni. She didn’t speak, as Satu introduced Mao for her, and she found no reason to withhold the two from speaking amongst themselves, since they obviously knew each other. It was the gentle tone to her mistress’ voice that belied the relationship these two once had. Motherly or not, it was affectionate. And whatever Satu wished, Mao could not deny her.
Mao
Nyancat

Words: 151412
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 10:03 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Full Circle (Satu)

Postby Arianni D'Sorn on February 26th, 2011, 12:14 pm

Arianni's eyes flickered shyly on the strange girl's face, only to fall immediately to the ground when her gaze was met with unflinching intensity. She had seen the way Satu touched the girl's arm and her words... bondmate, she had said... a term of endearment? Or something else entirely? It spoke volumes to the timid young Konti and she almost felt a pang of - what? Disappointment? Envy?

But it was a momentary thing, for she had missed her friend greatly. She turned to Satu and looked at her without fear, for she knew she need not feel any such emotion with the suvai fighter. Arianni recalled all the times she had spent with Satu back in their island home, and she knew that nothing had changed between them. Not on her part at least. She still trusted her friend implicitly and if she said that the girl with the cat-like eyes was an ally, then she was Arianni's friend too.

"I...I have food. At...at my cave," she started awkwardly and then blushed as she realized how silly her words must have sounded. So many years not seeing her friend and that was all she could say to her? Ariani laughed at herself, embarrassed.

In truth she wanted to wrap her arms around Satu and tell her how much she had missed her and how life had been lonely, not to mention difficult, without her. Arianni thrived in her friend's confidence after all. But her actions were tempered by the presence of the other girl. Despite her time in the mainland and in meeting new people at Braga's brothel, Arianni still experienced difficulty in showing her true self in front of strangers - even with Satu before her. Still, she knew she did not have to speak what she truly felt out loud for surely Satu knew of them already. Ever had her friend been able to tell what was in her heart. Even if she, Arianni, herself did not know it so. That was the beauty of their friendship.

Deciding to break away from her shyness for the moment, Arianni reached over to take Satu by the hand and smiled up at her.

"Please, rest your feet a while. I have fish enough for three and...and...I think-I think I can catch a lobster, too!"

She included Mao in her invitation as well, smiling her sweet smile at the girl, hoping not to be turned down. To Satu, she added, "I'm so glad to have found you again. Avalis had shown me that you would come, and you did!"

She led the two of them, her old friend and a new one, to the cave she called home.

OOCWinter's about over. We can end this here so as not to have to drag it into a social thread, unless one of you still wants to post. I believe Satu has a quest coming up this Spring? We can have this graded and prepare for that. :)
Arianni D'Sorn
Eye of the Void

Words: 49757
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2010, 12:36 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Full Circle (Satu)

Postby Leviathan on May 25th, 2011, 2:32 pm

Thread Award!
Arianni

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Fortune Telling 1 --
Wilderness Survival 1 --
Fishing 1 --
Voiding 1 --

Lore
Fortune Telling: Search of Satu

Satu

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Interrogation 1 --

Lore
N/A

Mao

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Observation 1

Lore
N/A

Additional CommentsSorry it took so long to get to this and so few rewards. If you have comments, questions, or concerns feel free to PM me.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook