Flashback Through the Sands

A lone Drykas and an endless desert

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The massive stretch of desert that overwhelms Eyktol. Here, a man's water is worth more than his life, and the burying sands are the unfortunate's mute undertaker.

Through the Sands

Postby Marcus Gray-Dawn on February 26th, 2013, 9:39 am

Marcus had gathered enough materiel to start a small fire and he now cooked the bits of flesh on a stick. While he did so Syliss watched and scolded him for suggesting that they were anything but mere aquiatances, proudly telling him that she would return home before reducing herself to sleeping outside. It was Marcus' fault this new problem had arose for be kept forgetting that things were different in this land, just take Syliss for instance, and he couldnt treat the situations the same as if he were home. In Cyphrus any two travellers could meet, share a meal, then come morning depart with no instance, however; that was not true here for he had obviously insulted Syliss in some way. Without looking up from the cooking meat he then replied to Syliss.

"I meant no disrespect," he said turning the meat over "I simply thought our chances of success would be better once we were rested."

Marcus then withdrew the stick that held the meat and poured a small amount of water on it to cool it down, before pressing it to his mouth and taking a large bite of it which he quickly scarfed down.

"I truly thank you for the food." he said as he walked over to Tarlok Andy began feeding him a portion of the meat "We surely would have starved without it, so if you insist then we will leave now."
Marcus Gray-Dawn
I am a savage, but I am no fool.

Words: 29729
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2013, 11:46 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Through the Sands

Postby Bethsyliss on February 26th, 2013, 12:41 pm

Syliss observed in utter disgust as the human cooked his food. How could one enjoy a meal when it had been burned in a fire? It was short of feeding on charcoal. At least, when the Dhani cooked their meals because some of them preferred to eat in human form, they didn't stick it right into the flame. They kept it almost raw, cooking it with finesse and style instead of bluntly charring it by dumping it into the blaze. At least he thanked her for the food.

"Indeed we will, good Marcusss," she acknowledged. "Leave your animal here. I'm told there are stairsss and narrow passagess that can't be handled by sssuch a large creature." She started slithering away, then stopped and turned around. "Leave your sssword with him. No weaponsss are allowed in the sssacred place, lest we be cursssed for eternity." She continued her way, slowly, to give Marcus time to leave his blade with the beast, but still urging him to follow her. It was he, after all, who didn't want to travel during nighttime, and the bells pressed on. She glanced back to see if Marcus was following her lead.
Bethsyliss
Player

Words: 142748
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 7:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Through the Sands

Postby Marcus Gray-Dawn on February 26th, 2013, 8:06 pm

As deeply as Marcus wanted wanted to go to the forgotten shrine of Caiyha he knew that was neither ready nor worthy enough to enter. Thoughts danced across his mind of how he would brave the dangers of this lost place, and how he would claim glory, however; he knew that this was wrong. Caiyha detested mindless war mongering but, while his mind was filled with thoughts of triumph and victory, in his heart he knew that he was not ready. He had nearly died upon these sands, almost killing Tarlok in the process as well. He wasn't ready for this journey no matter how dearly he wanted it, and now with his belly fed and his thirst quenched he could return home and truly prepare for his pilgrimage in Caiyha's name.

"You must forgive me Syliss, but I cannot make the venture to that holy place yet." Marcus said with realization in his voice "I am eternally in your debt for all you have done for me but I must ask you one more favor." Marcus then withdrew a piece of parchment from his satchel and handed it to her "Will you draw out where the shrine is located so that I may return in the future?"

Syliss was hesitant to draw out the rough map for this human but she thought it was surely the same as showing him the way, only she would not be present. As she drew the various curves Marcus began for the first time to notice the beauty of this desert. The rolling golds of the sand dotted with every so small hints of green, you could even find the work of Caiyha within the desolate place. Syliss quickly finished the map and handed it to Marcus, he began to observe it closely. While most of the symbols and figures were lost to him he did notice that the shrine appeared to be about a days ride from Ahnatep. Marcus thanked Syliss for all she had done and mounted Tarlok and began his long trek home.
Marcus Gray-Dawn
I am a savage, but I am no fool.

Words: 29729
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2013, 11:46 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Through the Sands

Postby Timshel on February 1st, 2014, 12:24 am

Grades, Lores & Awards

Marcus Gray-Dawn:

• Wow, this grade is a long time coming. Unfortunately, you need to add your living expenses onto your ledger before I do anything else. Get that done, PM me, and I'll add your grade here. :)

Bethsyliss:

• If you ever come back, PM me. I'll add your grade here.
Timshel
Player

Words: 46821
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2013, 7:58 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous