Trade Routes and Cities

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Trade Routes and Cities

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 1st, 2014, 12:50 am

Alright, so, I've been wondering this a while. I am curious as to what cities trade with who and what they trade for. Like I know Zeltiva is often times low on food and they trade for food, however, I am not sure what cities they actually get said food or get all the other stuff they gain during trade. Do they get it from Syliras? Sunberth?? Both? None? Who does Wind Reach trade with and what do they give and gain during said trade?

I was also wondering if this was a topic or area that needs to be developed at all. Because if it is, I think it would be a great idea that should be flesh out, especially for those who wish to be apart of the business end of Mizahar and be more involved with trade and travel and such.

Also, for the map, are these the only trade routes by sea? Why isn't there any routes going to Lhavit or Alvadas? Is the journey just too long or rough for sea traders to go there? Is there any land routes that people normally take to trade? Or is the lack of roads and wildlife too dangerous for traders to travel by land?

I would really appreciate the help and ideas you guys!

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Trade Routes and Cities

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 1st, 2014, 1:20 am

There are actually a couple of mentions of what trades to what throughout the cities. For instance the Wind Reach Trading Post lists what Wind Reach trades out, and what it gets back in return in different cities. So that should give you a good view of the common exports of various cities. Once you read it over most of the stuff will seem pretty obvious. That trade is mostly done by Wind Eagle.

Also in Riverfall there is in the Riverfall codex a post which lists the things Riverfall trades. Bear in mind its almost at the very bottom of the post I linked, under Trade. That also lists what is traded, from where, and how the trading is done.

Hope that helps.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Trade Routes and Cities

Postby Gossamer on February 1st, 2014, 1:34 am

The mods have trade mostly ironed out. I think. it's in the staff lounge. I can add it to my to do list to make it a wiki page.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Trade Routes and Cities

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 1st, 2014, 1:58 am

Thanks Clyde! I'll definitely look into those!

And that would be gnarly Jen. :) I would really appreciate that.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)