Life as we Know it~

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Life as we Know it~

Postby Flyaway on January 30th, 2014, 1:47 am

Hello everyone :)

So I started my new job at Alaska Psychiatric Institute and I love it. I'm currently working as a PNA and I've been there for about two weeks. The people I work with are awesome. They call me "Little Brother" Because I'm the youngest care provider in the hospital, but I don't mind much. To me its a mark of success. All things in consideration, I'm doing quite well for a nineteen year old.

So back to Mizahar. Every time I see a spider I little spark of inspiration lights up my creative processes. Recently I've been expanding on Symenestra culture in an attempt to make the race look more lively and dramatic. The ultimate goal is to expand Kalinor by making the Symenestra a race that appeals to people. Currently all the common knowledge on the Spider people is that they live underground, they cant have kids, they kidnap women, and some even think they eat people. But the Symenestra are so much more than that! They are a race with an extensive history, dramatic social structure, unique culture, and rather sad curse upon them.

The developments I've set in motion so far are food music and history. Links to these will be available to players as soon as I finish them I suppose. In the meantime I encourage any players who are interested to visit Kalinor, immerse yourselves in the lore that already exists, and let me know if you have any suggestions!

Flyaway
On the Wind...

Words: 56847
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2013, 10:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Life as we Know it~

Postby Neyasi Tillandsia on February 9th, 2014, 3:28 am

Hey, congratulations on the promotion! :) I only just realized you're no longer purple. XP
If I get any random sparks of an idea, I'll be sure to hit you with my best shot.

Though I find myself wondering if it would be possible for Symenestra to make some kind of smoothie/mixed fruit juice using their venom... Or maybe that only works on animals?
Neyasi Tillandsia
Watch out for the spider on the wall...

Words: 43410
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2014, 12:52 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Life as we Know it~

Postby Flyaway on February 13th, 2014, 7:52 am

It should work on fruit.....But I think it might make it taste funny :P
Flyaway
On the Wind...

Office
Scrapbook

Life as we Know it~

Postby Flyaway on February 13th, 2014, 8:10 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWGQduke0tc
(What I'm listening to)

Hello Mizahar!

Springtime is quickly approaching, and seeing as though I reside in a state that has a six month winter, I'm extreamly excited!! I've realized a few things about myself.

1. I get really horrible winter depression, and it hurts my writing
2. My moods are heavily dictated by the seasons
3. The seasons decide my musical intrests
4. I hate snow.

Anywho, springtime is WONDERFUL! Especially the sky. Typically here its a beautiful shade of baby blue. Winter time is grey. And when it is nice, its bone chillingly cold. Like, -3 dry cold. Horrid.

Anyway, Back to Miz. I'm still looking for dramatic things to add to the spring calendar (I never know how to spell that darn word) and as of now, Kalinor is expected to experience general unrest. Hightened petty conflicts, mistrust, all that good stuff. I'm also thinking about making some super devout religious sect but I don't really know how I feel about that. Also, How do you guys feel about a group that desperately wants the Symenestra to relocate back to Falydar?! Just an Idea I've been toying with. As always, I strongly encourage ALL our PC's to assist in developement, including those that have relocated to somewhere outside the city.

I've also noticed that not all of you are taking full advantage of the oppertunities you have to thuroughly learn a profession. I know that training threads can suck sometimes, but I'm willing to modderate them and try and spice them up for you. Soon there will be a list up of common professions within the city, and I suggest anyone with any ideas about anything they'd like to see on that list let me know!

So, topics for discussion. Symenestra music? Ambitions? What does the new generation want? What amazing things lay within the depths? What kind of secrets do our people hold?

Let me know ;D
Flyaway
On the Wind...

Office
Scrapbook

Life as we Know it~

Postby Vyvian on February 13th, 2014, 9:12 am

Hrm..

As a complete music freak I could do some extensive work on Sym music if you like. I have a picture in my mind as to what kind of music it is.

Jobs? Well Vyvian will never work, unless being a professional assassin counts as a job, but he hasn't quite got there yet :P

What should happen in Kalinor? Maybe the Esterians could start stealing surrogates to do experiments on. And they go horribly wrong and the resulting mothers are like the infected from dark souls.

The thing about ambition and such in Kalinor is.. I kinda think Kalinor is a stale place, people just kind of mope around, stick to tradition (with the exception of the Esterians) and kind of just sit around until they die of old age. Its like we've accepted our fate.

I dunno if any of this made sense but I hope I helped
"In the end, never underestimate revenge as a motive"

Mihael Keehl
Vyvian
The Lonely One

Words: 44070
Joined roleplay: September 5th, 2013, 10:26 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Life as we Know it~

Postby Ruroc on February 13th, 2014, 9:17 am

Moving back to Falyndar and establishing a city quickly over a few Seasons could be an interesting and pivotal point for the Symenestra. However, I believe the reason they left is still there. Moving back would trigger responses from the Myrians without permission, responses which the Symenestra couldn't handle with their dwindling population.

On a more interesting note, they could go to Taldera. They would be closer to other civilizations, and thus traveling Syms, harvests, and gleanings as well.

I don't see the Symenestra deciding to up and leave without good reason. The recent tensions regarding Zith could spark an invasion by Unforgiving Zith colonies, or they could find a new magical breakthrough in form of a resource in either of the regions that allows them to breed. Perhaps a special fruit from Caihya that acts as an antitoxin to the Sym and fetus while non-ripe.

However, I do agree that not living in a cave would make other players more prone to giving Symenestra a try in their homeland. Having them be less isolated and curing the problem of 'eat all females' would also help increase diversity in the PC population.
Ruroc
Retired Staff

Words: 15045
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2014, 8:53 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Life as we Know it~

Postby Flyaway on February 13th, 2014, 3:35 pm

Intresting. I like a bit of what both of you said and ill take these into account. Moving the race as a whole would be more of ab ambition than an achievable goal. Also, I would like to give you some more info on what I've already done with the music so you're equipped, vivyan :)
Flyaway
On the Wind...

Office
Scrapbook

Life as we Know it~

Postby Flyaway on February 17th, 2014, 7:40 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Qw4f8GOJw(What I'm listening to)

Hi Again!

I've been on the kids unit a lot at work and I feel like I'm making a drastic difference in these kid's lives.

Back to Mizahar.

I have lots of excited things in store for spring! That's all.

Stick around. Kalinor is about to get intense.

With love,

~Flyaway.

Ps: Here's my face.
Flyaway
On the Wind...

Office
Scrapbook

Life as we Know it~

Postby Vyvian on February 17th, 2014, 2:18 pm