Strange New Friends (Drusilla)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Kellan Lucia on August 29th, 2010, 6:42 am

When Drusilla asked about Kellan's tattoos it occured to him the he really couldn't even remember. He had gotten them so early in life and he was so used to them. He wouldn't feel like himself without his tattoos. They were a part of him. "I don't remember who did my tattoos. Most likely who ever I could find to do them. A lot of them were gotten at a... Crazy time in my life. Still, I don't regret one of them. They bring me pride." Drusilla seemed to like them and he felt her outlining his moon tattoo on his lower back with her finger. He did not feel the least bit scared. This was a girl who was truely an individual from her race. It had been wrong of him to be scared at first. He was not like every Inarta walking around. Yes he was short and pale and had the fire red hair but he was a lot more lax than others of his race. Even the man who he looked up to more than anyone, Amon was not like an Inarta in every way. He towered over Kellan and most inarta due to his tall height of 5'9. The truth was, no one was a perfect poster child for their race. Whether is was a good thing or a bad thing it was true. 

Drusilla pointed out how she liked the moon tattoo and the tattoo on his chest. Kellan smiled. "Out of all the tattoos I have the tattoo on my chest is my favorite. It makes me feel close to Toran." He smiled at the sound of his brother's name. It was not hurting like before. Now he didn't have to suffer in pain alone anymore. Drusilla told him about her fear of needles and he laughed. Not at her fear but of the whole mentality of being afraid of needles. He grew up with the ever looming fear that someone might stab him for bumping into them in the tunnels. Inarta had fiery angers and quick fuses. Almost anything could set them off into a violent rage yet they were some of the most welcoming people at times too. They were a classic case of taking the good with the bad. They were the life of the party bit you might get stabbed for looking at them funny. "Tattoos don't hurt too bad. Of course I have a high pain tolerance. Obviously." He motioned to his scars with a smile. "Don't feel bad though. Toran could never manage to get a tattoo either. He did get his lip peirced though. That was a surprise. He was such a softie. It's a nice trait to have in Syliras, maybe even in the Spires but here? Being soft will get you nothing. Still, I couldn't help but love the guy. Flaws or not he was my twin." He was now in a great mood dispute the talk about his brother. It felt good to talk about him. It almost made him feel like he was there. "You and Toran would have gotten along really well. His mind was always in the clouds but Zulrav love him he tried really hard to prove to everyone that he was worth his place in the city. He was a kind soul like you. I know you two would have been close." It would have been nice for her and Toran to had been friends. Kellan was always pained to see that he as Toran's only real friend and no one should have their only friend also be their brother, their twin brother at that. 

After a while the two got out of the water. Swimming was fun but it did get tireing. Kellan spotted Drusilla eyeing his braids. "Do you want me to give you some braids? Believe it or not I do braid and bead my own hair." He smiled to himself and laughed. It was an odd statement and he knew it but he truth was he actually did enjoy braidind and beading hair. Although he was an Endal Archer he did enjoy some of the more... feminine things at times and he was comfortable enough with himself to admit that.
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling, from Valterian's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Words: 113386
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Drusilla on August 29th, 2010, 8:05 pm

"A crazy time? No offense Kellan, but your life still seems a bit crazy. You ride eagles off of cliffs! I think your life will always be a crazy time!" Drusilla smiled, "And now I get to join in the craziness..." Maybe thats what she needed a little bit of craziness in her life. Why not? You only live once...

Drusilla looked at the scars, "What happened?" her question held a tinge of worry, "How long ago did this happen?" She began lifting Kellan's arms looking for more scars, only to have her fussing stopped by something unexpected"It makes me feel close to Toran." She stopped. "Toran... I like his name... It seems kind souls are getting harder to find these days. I would of loved to meet your brother, and who knows we might of ended up being more than friends." Drusilla smiled, she wasn't sure if she was kidding or not."I go to the shrine a lot, next time I will bring him a gift..Did he have a favored color?"

At Kellan's mention of braiding her hair, She blushed a bit, "It would take forever to braid my hair. It's too long..." Kellan however must of thought differently as Drusilla felf him messing with her hair. She didn't stop him. But she did mumble in Symenos from time to time.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kellan Lucia on August 29th, 2010, 11:15 pm

In the eyes of an Inarta Kellan's life was not as crazy as most. Yes the cliff jumping and spontenious fights were indeed crazy they were just an average part part of Wind Reach life. A calm life was not just boring to an Inarta but it was unheard of. While most people would view a crazy part of their life being when they were extremely busy and preoccupied Kellan's view was a bit different. He had taken a break from his Endal duties and by taking a break it meant he just didn't do them. He did nothing but drink, hang out at the dreaming lady, and prowl around town in a angry haze picking fights with everyone. "I think your understanding of crazy is much different than mine." He smiled at her to let her know he was saying it in jest. 

As the two of them sat there Drusilla began to look at the scars that lined Kellan's body. The scratches and gashes that decorated his torso and legs were not terrible looking. Yes, it took away from his "Pretty Boy" image but it proved that he was not just a pretty face, he could fight like a dog if he needed to. "There are far to many scars to remember the story behind all of them." He pointed to a long scar that stretched sideways across his chest. "This one is the one I remember the most. I got really messed up one night and pinned a guy to a wall. He slashed me straight across the chest." He pointed to another that was on his bicep. "This one is from the day Toran died." Kellan's face adopted a dark look. "Toran didn't just die, he was murdered. People dieing in knife fights around here is not that rare but I never thought that Toran would die in one of them." Kellan looked up at the sky like he was scearching for something. "When I found out who stabbed my brother I tried to kill them. I came close too. I was ready to send that piece of eagle droppings to Dira and I would have but in the back of my mind I could feel Toran watching me. I could feel that he didn't want me to take a life for his. I still wish that I would have killed that man but I'm sure Toran is happy I didn't." Kellan's smile returned when he talked about Toran being happy. That is all Kellan wanted, to make sure his twin was always happy, even in death. Kellan worried that the fact that he had brutally tried to kill someone would scare Drusilla. Inarta knew that sometimes life ended brutally at the hands of one of their neighbors but outsiders did not see it the same way. Kellan saw in his mind's eye the whole fight all over again. The blood, the pain, the sweet feeling of revenge. It was haunting but Kellan would have relived it a million times. He felt no remorse for fighting the man until he was on the edge of death. The fire still raged in Kellan. It always would until he felt that his brother's killer get what he deserved. The fire just did not rage as boldly as it once had. 

The talk of Toran was calming. It was touching at Drusilla took such an interest in his late brother. "He was a great guy, he just wasn't suited for where he was born. I'm sure Toran would have liked you a lot. Unlike me, he never had a big interest in Inarta women. His dreams always were past these city walls." Toran truely should not have been born Inarta. He was too kind, too thoughtful, and too tall. It was the reason he was killed. "Toran always liked the color green, like his eyes. Our eyes were one of the only ways people could tell us apart. The only other ways were our height and our peircings. He his lip was
peirced and my nose is peirced. I know it is weird but it worked."
Kellan looked up at the sky again as he normally did when he talked about his brother. "Tor, I wish you could be here." He whispered this in Nari. He always spoke Nari when talking to Toran. He didn't know if his brother could hear him but Kellan hoped he could. 

When Drusilla agreed to let Kellan braid her hair he was a little more excited than a guy should be. He pulled a small bag of beads and a small hook out of his pocket and got to work. As his able fingers moved through her white hair he began to ask about her family. "Well you have heard about me and my checkered past. Is there anything else I should know about you?" He braided a long strand of her white hair and then when he was done he looped a few beads and a small bird feather onto the end. He held the braid up and showed her his handy work. "What do you think? It's your own hand crafted Inarta braid. If feathers gross you out I can take it off. I really like them though." He thought the braid looked good but he was also raised differently than Drusilla. What he might think was extraordinary she might think was odd or even weird. He was proud of his work reguardless. It was not often that he got to braid hair other than his own.
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Drusilla on August 30th, 2010, 4:42 pm

"If I may ask who is or was the azo who did that to Toran?" Drusilla asked speaking a bit of Symenos. It wasn't a word she liked to use, and she rarely did. However it was a good word for this situation. Bad word or not.. it fit... "If you want I could go and try to talk to Toran... I have been able to make contact before..." She paused for a second, "So you find no interest in me?" Drusilla asked fake-pouting,"Hmmff! Be that way then..."

"Something green from beyond the gate," Drusilla pulled her dress closer pulling from a pocket a ornate hair comb. It was cracked here and there, made of a dark wood with small jade stones. It was an item that had seen Symenestra living in trees. Passed down many years and many Symenestra. The ultimate symbol of her past...Her mothers comb...

Drusilla's ears twiched at the sound of Nari, and almost robotically she began to sing a soft song. It was almost all the Nari she knew, beyond basics. It had been hard to learn, except for this song engraved in her memory. Avalon had taught her to sing in Nari. She knew a few songs, this one she knew best.

She smiled "I have only killed one person as you know. My father and step-mother are no doubt alive and well. Though, that may change if I ever meet them...." She mumbled the last part.. "I have two brothers and a sister, in order it goes me, my brother, and the twins. I pray that they are well.."

Smiling at her braid, "No, the feathers are fine. It reminds me of when I met Axel, Brunhild's Eagle. That bird couldn't stand me! I'm not sure why.... In later years she's been better with me... Although I think she just tolerates me, for Brun's sake." She laughed, "You do not want to be on the receiving end of those talons, believe me!"

Drusilla hugged Kellan again,"You were Lo Mene Virsas to Toran, allow me to be Lo Mene Virsas to you as I am to Brunhild. I always keep my oathes."
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kellan Lucia on August 30th, 2010, 9:26 pm

The memory of the man came back to Kellan. He was a bit taller than Kellan with choppy almost mahogony colored hair and bright blue eyes. His smile was enough to haunt even the kindest person right down to their core. There was something off about the man. He was Inarta but he had the mentality of a Zith. "His name was Ro'ahn. He was an Endal like me. He thought that Toran was too soft and kind to be an Inarta. If only that horrid man would have waited a week or so. I'm sure Toran would have left by then." From the day Toran had died the man's devious smile and bright blue eyes haunted Kellan. Things were getting to close to the core now. Kellan could live with talking about Toran and even his family but Ro'ahn still hit home for him. He could not count how many times that man's face had Haunted his dreams. He could have sworn the god of chaos himself lived in him. He knew that was not true but there was seriously something haunted about him. Kellan pulled his knees up to his chest and placed his forehead on his kneecaps. He did not want to cry in front of a girl but he couldn't help it. In the two years that Toran had been dead Kellan had been pushing his memories of Ro'ahn away. He didn't want to think of that horrid man. He sobbed into his knees and his back heaved with every tear that dropped. He cursed in Nari in such a frenetic way that one would have had to have been Inarta to understand it. His sobs where interupted by a song. It was a Nari song, he knew it well. It was one of his mother's favorites. He looked up and wiped away his tears. "How do you know that song? He sniffed as the tears slowly stopped. It was nearly impossible for an outsider to know Nari and even more inpossible for them to speak it let alone sing it. Yet here was this girl singing an old Inarta song right before him. It was a bit haunting to hear it from someone who was not Inarta but still it was soothing and better yet, it stopped his crying.

It was nice to hear about Drusilla's family. Kellan could not imagine having that many siblings. It was not really that many but Kellan was never really the family type of guy and Toran alone was more than enough of a brother for him. Their relationship had not been the most stereotypical brotherly bond. The two of them often had different Bendi tasks and Kellan had become an Endal far before Toran had even had a notion of leaving the Yasi and joing a caste.There was never any sibling rivalry. Kellan was always on top and both brothers prefered it that way. Kellan loved the spotlight and Toran loved to see his brother succeed where he could not. At times Kellan wished that Toran would lash out at him or at least get a little jealous. Not for his own ego but to show that the two boys had a healthy relationship. It was never strenuous, he would give his brother that. It just seemed at times that it was a bit too easy with him.

The remorse in Drusilla's tone was quite evident. Kellan knew how much he had hurt his mother by walking out on her and his father. It pained him every day but that pain was most likely nothing compared to the pain Drusilla must have had to feel every day. He wanted to hug her to give her the comfort that she had given him but he found himself in her arms again. She was truly the most affectionate person he had ever met! He hugged her back and smiled. She mentioned something about Lo Mene Virsas. Kellan instantly inquired about it. "What is Lo Mene Virsas?" He was sure it was a phrase from her native tounge. She might have known a littl bit of Nari but he knew nothing of her language. He was sure it was something kind. She truely was a kind girl. He was glad that she liked the braid. He had never had a sister to braid hair with. It was a girly hobby and he knew it but he loved the quiet concentration of it all. It was a simple art but it was easy to get lost in. Just the steady work of the fingers and the hair. Over and under, under and over. It was silly but he loved it.

Kellan wanted to do something for Drusilla. He had truely enjoyed their time togather. She had already lived in the city for so long that he was not sure what he could give her that she didn't already have. His eyes grazed over his bracelets and his eye caught one. It was made of purple, silver, and pearly white beads. At the bottom hung a small purple stone in a crystal shape. It was not like it was made of expensive beads or stones. The bracelet would have sold for five pinions at most but it was what it reprensted. The bracelet had been Toran's. Toran shared his twin's love of jewerly and when he died Kellan took his jewerly. He wore it proudly because it was his brothers and even though his brother was a bit of a dork he still loved him. Kellan looked up at the sky and whispered in Nari "Tor, I'm going to give Drusilla one of your bracelets. Just send me a sign that shows me that this is okay with you." He sat there and listened to anything that might happen out of the ordinary that might have been a sign. Suddenly the wind picked up and blew hard against him. Kellan's gold eyes shot open and he smiled. That was a good enough sign for him. He looked at Drusilla and pulled the bracelet off of his wrist amist his large collection of braclets and played with it between his fingers. "Drusilla, I want you to have this. It was Toran's. Don't worry, I have plenty of his other jewlery. I just wanted to thank you for every thing." He smiled and held the bracelt out to Drusilla. It felt as though it was not just him giving her the braclet but his brother too.
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Drusilla on August 30th, 2010, 11:49 pm

Drusilla smiled with tears atempting to form in her eyes, if a strong Inarta could cry she could too. "Thank you," she looked to the sky," both of you.. " The tears fell, and she turned to Kellan and handed him her comb. "This was my mother's, it's all I have... But, if you are willing to share Toran with me...I can let go..Toran can have it, it's green and from outside the walls of Wind Reach. It holds the stories of many Symenestra."

"Lady...Avalon liked... that song. I learned it from her. The voice of the fire angels, as I called it." She remembered crawling into the hanging cell, almost everyday. Once to singing, like a flock of birds. Drusilla could only describe it as 'angel music'. It made her want to cry, laugh, dance, and go to sleep all at the same time.

"Lo Mene Virsas? I suppose in common...it would simply mean, 'by my brother' or 'at my brother's side'. It's a promise and an oath." Drusilla clasped Kellan's hands, "It means if you ever meet the azo named Ro'ahn. Lo Mene Virsas. I will fight beside you. If you are hurt I will stay with you. If you are lost in your past, I will comfort you. If you are attacked I will defend you. With Toran's permission, I will be in his place beside you as I am for Brunhild." She hugged him again, "We shall avenge Toran. She paused, "If you were wondering, azo is a symenos word for a non-Symenestra it means 'meat' nothing more just a slab of meat."
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kellan Lucia on September 2nd, 2010, 10:49 pm

As Dusilla's tears fell Kellan felt a pang of sadness. If he had not started to cry she might not have either. From the look of her face it was tears that needed to fall though. The two of them, Inarta and Symentra, crying tears that were far too long overdue. It was good even if it looked like the two of them were falling apart. "I'm glad you are here for me, for us." He was happy that Drusilla had found her way into his life. "I'll always be here for you too." He smiled and pulled her into another hug. He never thought that today would have been so great. "Drusilla, I want you too keep your comb. Toran was not the kind of person who would have wanted you to give up you closest possession. He would be happy just for your visit." He smiled at her and looked toward the city. It was starting to get dark out. He stood up and helped his friend up. 'Well what a day we have had, right? Let me walk you back to town." As they walked Kellan wouldn't help but smile. "I truly hope we will hang out again sometime soon. Maybe next time we will not cry." He nudged her in the arm lightly with a smile. He was sure that finally he had a stable friend. It felt good. Kellan looked up at the sky and smiled. He felt Toran with him. As long as he had Toran's memory he knew he would he good.
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Dreamcatcher on September 4th, 2010, 4:27 pm

Character: Kellan

Experience: +1 Swimming, +1 Anthropology

Lore: Symenestra Race

Character: Drusilla

Experience: +1 Climbing, +1 Swimming

Lore: Taking about your Past

Additional Note: Congrats on the player interaction, I am sorry I couldn’t award more, if you feel that I missed something please PM me with the details on what I missed and I will review it. Keep up the good work.
Dreamcatcher
Retired Staff

Words: 120506
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous