The Sky Will Know (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Amon on July 24th, 2010, 5:05 am

Indeed, Sakima rarely received much compliments in the face of the other eagle riders. He was albino, a complexity in and of himself, and occasionally looked down upon by the most arrogant of the Endal. But he was strong, he was exceptionally quick and wise, although his jests could often get a little out of hand. To be quite honest, he was content to have someone that truly saw him as grand sharing the experience he often only reserved to Amon.

The Rider may have been calmed by the view of his home from above, as well as the glorious horizon and the rays of light that enveloped the land, but his hands itched to hold his bow. Without a word, he had pulled his weapon up from where he had strapped it on the harness, and was preparing to scout out potential targets below when Kadin spoke once more.

Peachy, she had called him. He laughed light-heartedly, taking it as a complement nonetheless. “I guess, but today I wasn’t my usual peachy self at all. I suppose it’s surprising to some people.” He winked at her, “How old are you? There is yet still hope for you to bond with your own eagle companion, and experience this thrill as much as you like.” Sakima shrieked and dove, responding to Amon’s thoughts as he spotted a skittering mammal near the Sanikas River stretched out ahead.

“Hold on tight, girl child.” Sakima told Kadin, as they raced through clouds, faster and faster, all while Amon raised his bow up, took aim with rigid fingers locked onto the elastic string and shot at his potential kill once the eagle had leveled itself. It didn’t strike however, it landed several feet behind the mammal, alerting it to a predator. Amon cursed under his breath lightly, grabbing another arrow from his quiver.
Amon
Team One-Eye

Words: 68449
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2010, 10:52 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Kadin on July 25th, 2010, 6:41 am

Amon obviously didn't know how to ignore his impulses while riding, as he randomly drew out his bow. She didn't pay as much heed as she should have to this action, more concentrated on hearing what he was saying over the sound of the wind. She felt this was the perfect chance to finally ask him about what was wrong with him today with the wounds and all, but this annoying guy always managed to quickly divert the attention before she could speak. It was starting to tick her off, and she resolved to ask him whether the moment was appropriate or not.

Even though he was comforting her about a problem her mind was definitely very occupied with these days, her pride kicked in before she could agree with him. "I'm nineteen, and I don't need you to tell me to know I will become a Rider. Now tell me why--Woah!" She was abruptly cut off by Sakima, who suddenly felt it was appropriate to dive out of nowhere. For a moment she was sure she felt her body sliding off the saddle, and she instinctively put her arms around Amon's waist as the adrenaline kicked in.

The fall felt like hours of wind threatening to blow the hair off her head, and she thought she could make out words from the eagle. When Sakima was finally parallel to the ground again, the distinct sound of an arrow being launched was heard. Her eyes darted fast enough to see the mammal Amon had been aiming for, which he missed. Her fast beating heart was taking a while to realize that she was not in danger of dying; she took a few deep breaths before speaking again.

"Some warning would have been nice. Now can you tell me why your knuckles are torn and your body is bruised? Also, the reason you've been pulling that expression called a frown which you obviously have no experience with would also be intriguing." At this point, she had figured out that Amon seemed to be in the mood for hunting, but it was his fault for laying off the subject until now. She was a little surprised at herself for taking initiative for once since meeting the Rider; at least her adrenaline rush was useful for something.
Kadin
Player

Words: 18194
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 4:51 am
Character sheet

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Amon on July 26th, 2010, 5:49 pm

Indeed he didn’t know how to keep his hands off his bow. It’s ingrained in his head; the weapon gives him release through a shot, to dispel whatever pent up emotions he has, of course talking to Kadin should also be helping him as well. The girl was forefront, definitely seemed to not be afraid to seem at all nosy or downright blunt, but somehow it was oddly comforting to him.

By the time she had straightened herself up from the fall, he had already nocked another arrow and pulled back the string, only to have her sudden remark pierce his concentration, sending his arrow flying far from where the animal had once stood. He sighed and addressed her, “Of course you will become an Eagle Rider, you’ll join the ranks with your head held high and proudly. And you’re quite the feisty one.”

He sat there for a moment, unsure of his decision to describe what had happened. He wasn’t one to enjoy showing his faults. He was proud of what he had become, not what he could become. But Kadin seemed irritated, and he smirked at that, amazed that the girl could be so angry for hiding something so meaningless to her. Alls well, he mused. Might as well keep her entertained.

Giving in so easily, Amon. And here I thought you had a shred of dignity left in your small frame. Sakima cooed as they continued to trail after the beast.

“I got into a brawl with Rider Tavun. He thought it was a brilliant idea to assault my sister, despite the fact I was in the same room with him. Whether he was drunk didn’t occur to me, he deserved what he got. I was furious.” He looked over his shoulder at her, a deep, unsettling gaze, “I was incredibly angry. I guess you could say I surprised many people with my outburst. I kept hitting him, and punching him, and tearing into him and needed people to pull me off. Even then I would have grabbed a knife and murdered the petch…”

He trailed off, shaking his head and stared at his bow, caressing the intricate carvings that riddled the two limbs. “Rarely does that happen to me. I’m as patient as they come. It’s strange, and it’s also unsettling. I have no regrets for breaking an arm or a leg or two, the petcher deserved it. But I keep thinking to myself, am I becoming something less than I was?”
Amon
Team One-Eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Kadin on July 28th, 2010, 12:33 am

She was being rather impatient about the subject, but nothing ever ticked her off more than having her curiosity left unanswered; Her father had jokingly commented about that trait getting her killed someday. Still, she was surprised that Amon did give in to her whining so easily and talked to her about it like they'd been friends for years. Naturally she would've felt a little awkward, but her anger was abruptly far superior to any other emotion she was currently harboring.

"That wretched man even dares to call himself a Rider? Amon, he didn't deserve what you did to him. He deserved far worse. I hope his eagle soon realizes what a rotten excuse of a person he is and tears him up to pieces. " Although Kadin meant everything she said, she suddenly realized that Amon needed comfort a lot more than a couple of anger-fueled words. She treaded carefully over her next words, not wanting him to misunderstand what she meant.

"Look, I don't know who you were or think you are becoming, but it definitely isn't anything less or more than who you are, " concluding it was impossible to comfort an acquaintance without being terribly corny, she added, "Also, anyone who doesn't respect family can go jump off a cliff. Or get pushed, seems the same to me."
Kadin
Player

Character sheet

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Amon on July 30th, 2010, 2:09 am

To his own surprise Amon had laughed at Kadin’s response to his story. He felt a lightening on his shoulders as if having told someone relieved him of the stress, and in ways it did. Kadin had been abrupt and curious, and it appeared to have benefited both. To be honest, he had expected her to be outraged at what he did to the rider, regardless of the reasons and what he had done to Liara, but having himself backed up for his decision made it seem as if it was merely a joke he played on an unfortunate colleague.

“Yes, you’re right. I should have shanked him on the spot. I’m surprised I came out of that brawl alive though. Tavun is a competent swordsman, but at least I left him a mark he shouldn’t forget anytime soon.” He paused for a moment, his fingers latched onto the shaft of the arrow nocked once more, as if contemplating another shot. The animal was heading round the expanse of the rocky plains below, with Sakima close on it’s tail. He decided for another shot, pulling the string of the bow back, he aimed directly at his target, breathing in, then released, sending the arrow flying through the air until it sunk into the stiff neck of the beast.

Amon smiled at the direct hit. Yes, he was definitely gradually getting better over this little chat. “I like your spunk,” He said, giving her a crooked smile. “You’re blunt, but you get your point across quickly, and I appreciate it. Thank you.” Sakima moved to finish off the creature below, grasping it his enormous talons and crushing it’s ribs in one swift blow. He then took off from the ground with the quarry in tow. “So tell me about yourself, Kadin. What do you do?”

Then he glanced at his bow, held tightly on his lap with his other hand resting on the harness. "By the way, would you like to learn how to shoot?"
Amon
Team One-Eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Kadin on August 1st, 2010, 12:15 am

"Uhh.. you're welcome? " It was not every day that Kadin received thanks from someone for not keeping track of her impatience. Still, she couldn't really complain, and the beast she was riding on was making far more interesting conversation. She felt another jolt as Sakima descended to collect his prize, obviously not used moving so fast in the air like this. "Uh.. Well, I'm a falconer. Usually help take care of the smaller birds in the aeries," Her contribution to Wind Reach felt so weak compared to the giant mammal Amon had just caught, as if it were nothing. A sense of powerlessness overwhelmed her, reminding her of one of the reasons every Inarta dreamed of bonding with a Wind Eagle. Still, she cared about it mostly for the bond rather than the power.

"What, me?" her first question in reaction to Amon's offer was probably really one of the stupidest things she ever heard herself say, and she scrambled through her mind to think of an answer before he started questioning her intelligence. "Um, I've never really tried my hand at arching, I wouldn't want to.." Remembering how much trouble her dad had with teaching her much anything that required concentration (her skills as a blacksmith were poor to
say the least), she didn't want to humiliate herself in front of the rider. .." I don't think that's..." She knew she should decline the offer, but she was just too unsure to simply tell him "no". Averting her eyes to the landscape, she racked her brains for a proper response.
Kadin
Player

Character sheet

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Amon on August 6th, 2010, 4:23 am

Amon smiled. Kadin was a refreshing change from all the pompous people he had to deal with on a daily basis. She was honest and respectful, and to the rider, she seemed outgoing and sociable. He liked that. “A falconer, huh. That’s an honorable job. I’m glad we have someone like you to look after the birds, they must like you a lot.” He shook his head and mumbled, “The sky knows I’m no good at taking care of smaller birds, at least Sakima can fend for himself even if I give him all the love in the world.”

The eagle beneath him let out a rolling chuckle, a strange sound. But their ascent towards Mt.Skyinarta was coming quickly. Wind Reach was just in view as well. Beautiful, as always.

The rider grinned at Kadin’s response to his offer. He wouldn’t push it if she was uncomfortable with the idea. He would rather keep newfound friends than push them away with his suggestions and oddball offers. “Don’t worry about it, if you don’t think you’d be up for it, it’s fine. No pressure.” Blasts of cold air tore at his cheeks as they descended into the landing courtyard.

It wouldn’t take long before deks would collect the meat and bring it to the chefs in the communal kitchens, for another serving of meat. Perhaps this was what he enjoyed the most. Instead of fish, a nice helping of steak. His people deserved it. Dropping down from Sakima’s harness, Amon turned to help Kadin do the same. “If you would like to take me up on that offer of some archery practice, though, meet me anytime in the archery range at around noon. I usually train then.”
Amon
Team One-Eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Dreamcatcher on September 7th, 2010, 7:41 pm

Character: Amon

Experience: +2 Archery(Shortbow), +3 Riding (Eagle), +1 Hunting, +1 Teaching

Lore: Riding with Another, Stunt Riding

Character: Kadin

Experience: +4 Riding Eagle, +2 Persuasion

Lore: Family is what Matters, Adrenaline Rush, Blowing off Work

Additional Note: Congrats on the player interaction, if you feel that I missed something please PM me with the details on what I missed and I will review it. Keep up the good work.
Dreamcatcher
Retired Staff

Words: 120506
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous