Closed Hurricane Drunk [Gale McCenry]

Not really. Maybe.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Hurricane Drunk [Gale McCenry]

Postby Roane on March 28th, 2014, 5:33 pm

OOCOhgod. Gale in rage mode. I'm scared o~o

Roane yelped in surprise as she was shoved over, the barstool clattering to the ground with her. She hit the floor with a thud, her head cracking painfully against the wood. The Kelvic sat up slowly, stars swirling in her vision. What was she doing on the ground? How did she get there? And what was McHenry yelling?

"It's not like I asked for this! What do you want me to do, to magically know everything about you?! To just suddenly overcome everything I've face to like what you like?!" He paused, giving Roane a tick to try and stand up. Her hand felt the space behind her and grabbed the edge of someone else's seat, pulling herself to her feet.

"You think you can just walk in here and expect everyone to just be who you want them to be!? Well you can't! So stop being such a bloody bitch and get over yourself!"

What the petch? When did she say anything like that? "McHenry, calm down. Mc- McHenry! Stop yelling!"

Whether the alcohol or the hit to the head made the world twist and tilt, she didn't know. She just wanted Gale to calm down. What was happening to him? Was he experiencing some kind of vision? Maybe it was the drinking.

Her hands hovered near Gale, wanting to grab him and hold him still but also wanting to keep a distance. He was extremely volatile, and his rage started when she told him she was a Kelvic.

"Gale? Are you calm now? Sort of? Good, good. Um, just a question. Do you have something against, y'know, Kelvics?" Roane picked up the knocked-over barstools while she was talking, hoping that her motions would distract him slightly from her words. Apparently he didn't like being touched.

Common - Equus
Roane
Player

Words: 7985
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2014, 2:44 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on March 28th, 2014, 6:29 pm

Gale glared furiously at the Kelvic. If it was possible for his eyes to be one fire they probably would have. "My name is not McHenry!" He scolded, even though this wasn't the first time someone mispronounced his name. His hands flung in the air and he wiped around as if he gave up on something before staggering around his previous stool and sitting down at the next available seat. He didn't bother with her attempted comforting, if that is what you would call it, and simply starred at the wood counter as if it was a bottomless pit in the middle of the Kelp Bar. "It's McCenry." He murmured under his breath meaninglessly.

Gale didn't hear, or rather, didn't pay attention to what Roane asked. His foggy mind was else where yet again. First at a bedside, then by a grave, then by a bloody massacre. His eyes almost reflected the images as they nonchalantly passed him mind. But it didn't. The only one who knew what happened on those days was him, for it was his burden to bear. That and everyone who experienced them with him were dead. "It's like it's a regular thing now." There was always something haunting him. There was always death and murder around him. Was it just him? Would it follow him everywhere, even if he left Zeltiva? Maybe he should leave. Maybe he shouldn't be here at all.

The man sighed softly and looked at his hand, eying the vortex that was upon it. A finger traced it softly as he muttered,"I'm sorry, what did you say?"
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Roane on March 28th, 2014, 7:28 pm

His gaze burned into her, fury penetrating her skin and making her face go red with shame as he corrected her. "Sorry, McCenry."

Roane watched the man before her. He was in some kind of flashback mode, not paying attention to her questions. His finger moved over a gold swirl on the back of his hand. It looked like it was almost glowing. It was intriguing.

The Kelvic scooted closer, her barstool squeaking as she shuffled it across the floor. After the outburst from Gale had calmed down, conversations had resumed and it was relatively serene. Roane motioned for two more drinks, paying for them herself. She slid one of the mugs over to Gale, taking the other in her hands.

"I said, McCenry, do you have something against Kelvics? Because we got along just fine until I mentioned the K-word." Roane took a sip of the green substance, clearing her throat to get rid of the irritation.

Common - Equus
Roane
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on March 28th, 2014, 8:06 pm

The bar slowly returned to it's normal state, quiet murmurs and whispers became loud conversations just as before as the excitement appeared to calm down. The woman behind the counter was hesitant to make another drink for the two, but didn't deny the mizas and served Roane two mugs of Kelp Beer.

Gale leaned his face on his hand as Roane passed him another mug of Kelp Beer. His mind still wandered a bit, but he mostly heard the questions and muttered an angry,"Yes." He dropped his hand in order to take the drink he was offered. "Yes I do." In Gale's eyes, Kelvics took everything from him. A petching bat Kelvic murdered his wife, a bloody coward of a dog killed his bondmate, they took his petching hand for Ssena's sake. What else did they want? He lifted the drink to his lips to take a few swigs before putting it down, a little more harshly than he meant to. "So I wouldn't go boasting about it." Not that there was anything to boast about.

Gale didn't say anything more, though on any other occasion, he probably would have gotten into an argument, perhaps even a fight about how cruel Kelvics were. But the thought didn't even cross his mind to argue. At least not at that point. Why, she could just straight up push him out of his stool and start an entire brawl.

Hanging out with strangers on your birthday did have it's disadvantages sometimes.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roane on March 29th, 2014, 12:17 am

Roane huffed, giving Gale a look. "I wasn't boasting, McCenry. You're the one who started talking about me not being an 'ordinary' girl. But, since we're past that, may I ask why you're against Kelvics?"

It was mildly insulting, the way he answered her questions. Each to his own, Roane decided. Let the man be angry with her kind if he wished. Maybe there was an exception to his anger. The Kelvic drank her beer in silence, her eyes watching the sailor as if she was asking him to spill all of his secrets.

"Gale, how did you lose your fingers? Did it have something to do with Kelvics? Is that why you're against them? And why don't you like horses? Tell me more about that thing on your chest, too. And the swirling thing on the back of your hand."

Talk about personal.

Common - Equus
Roane
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on March 29th, 2014, 1:54 am

Gale rolled his eyes with a elongated groan,"Are you trying to get on my nerves? Is that why you came in here?" He looked at her with another sharp glare,"Because that's what your back talk is sounding like right about now. If you want me to answer your question then give me a moment to tell you instead of blowing up in my face, okay?" Oh, typical hypocritical Gale. He didn't need any Kelp Beer to be a complete hypocrite. That was just Gale all the time!

Roane went on, taking about five chimes to complete all the questions she had. While she rambled on, Gale chugged a good half of his mug, slapping the mug down again and pinching the bridge of his nose with his left hand index and thumb. "Dear Ssena you ask a lot of questions." Was she sure she wanted to know the answers to these questions. "Okay, okay, if you really want to know, I'll tell you." He shifted in his chair to face his entire body towards her. He slapped his hands onto his knees and started.

"The reason I hate horses is because two of them tried to kill me once. I was a kid and apparently something spooked some carriage horses owned by a traveler and they ran after me, even after I turned corners. The only reason why I wasn't trampled was because the carriage tipped over."

"The thing you pointed at is what is know at a Lucan. You gain what is called a Chevas when you get married to someone, but once that marriage is broken, the Chevas disappears and you get a Lucan instead. How I got mine is this. I fell in love with a young girl when I was about seven. We were best friends and we eventually got married, even without her parents approval, because both of mine are dead, but it wasn't even a full dozen days after our wedding that a Kelvic bat decided to infect Hana with a deadly disease and kill her within the season. I built her coffin and I buried her myself.

"As for my hand, my fingers were torn off my hand by a pack of wild dogs out in Mirihal Pass while they tore apart my bondmate. One of them, which was responsible for most of the damage, was a Kelvic wolf hybrid who o so kindly shifted briefly into his human form just to tell me that the only reason why he was trying to kill us was because he was hungry. Deciding that wasn't enough, he grabbed my leg, giving me my limp, and then cowardly ran off with the rest of his pack. I wasn't even able to bury my bondmate, because by the time I got out of the infirmary, the pack had come back and eaten most of her and already scattered her remains."

"As for the vortex, which as you disrespectfully called it, the 'swirly thing', it is actually a gnosis from the Goddess Priskil. She gave it to me after I tried to commit suicide by drowning myself at the docks."

Gale's stories were told in a very matter of fact way. He spoke quickly, firmly, and with a very harsh tone. His appeared to have never left Roane's, though his gestures were very large and full of rage.

"Anything else you'd like to know?" His voice turned to something similar to hysteria as he gave a large, sarcastic smile. The fingers on his right hand tapped on the counter impatiently, continuing to stare at her for her reply.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roane on March 29th, 2014, 2:33 am

Roane listened to his stories, completely surprised. No wonder he was like this. But... He said he had a bondmate. "Your bondmate, Gale. You're human, -- I think -- so she was the Kelvic. That proves that not all Kelvics are bad. Plus, you just have to be careful around horses."

As he explained the gnosis mark, the Syliran's eyes went wide with awe. He had actually met a god? And that god marked him? At once she felt like a child next to this man, who had experience so much pain and survived.

"You... What? Holy gods, that's amazing. What does it do? The um, the... Gnosis? Is that what it's called?" She'd heard of those before, once or twice. People who had gained the attention of a god or goddess, enough so that they would come down from their heavenly realms and give them a gift, a mark. The mark would grant the person the ability to do something, but it varied from god to god.

She'd seen an Isur once, the mark of Izurdin obvious on one of his arms. It was a beautifully elaborate tattoo-like thing, weaving down to the wrist. It was when she was little, in Syliras. He was working at a forge. Her mum had told her to go ask him about it, but she was much too shy to do so. She never figured out what its use was.

The Kelvic took a large pull from her mug, feeling the tingling of the alcohol work its way back through her body. This Gale fellow was turning out to be quite the interesting sailor.

Common - Equus
Roane
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on March 29th, 2014, 3:49 am

"There's always the one exception..." Gale muttered, having turned his face away from Roane and back at his mug. No matter what something was or what rule it was, there was the one person or one way that didn't fit with the rest. Kendhl wasn't evil or cruel, she was just annoying. Meaning that in the best way possible, of course. She was so bubbly, which was a perfect contrast to his pessimistic attitude and lifestyle. She threw fishes in his face and wouldn't shut up about how grumpy he always was. She was just... Kendhl. "You have to be careful around everything it seems or else it'll be out to get you like a Deerstalkers."

Roane went on, asking about the gnosis specifically, looking far more surprised than Gale imagined she would be, seeing as he wasn't trying to wow her. "Uh, yeah." He confirmed. "It can do a couple of different things like-... um... " Gale scratched the back of his neck. "It's hard to explain, let me just show you." Gale has always been bad at explaining things, for he wasn't much of a teacher.

The artist held out the palm of his left hand out in front of him so Roane could see. A soft light emitted from his palm, though it wasn't any brighter than a torch, though it did lite their portion of the room well, given the dim conditions. The woman wouldn't be sure whether it was from the fact that the man became fairly friendly or if it came from the light itself, but any worry or fear over the previous experiences with the stranger appeared to melt away. The artist gave the woman a few moments to observe the glow, comment, or question if she liked before letting it fade quickly.

"It can also strengthen existing light." He attempted to explain. Gale nodded his head towards one of the few oil lamps in the bar. The lamps in the bar were weak things, hardly producing enough light for anyone to see if it weren't for having multiple of them. Though, the one that Gale pointed to started to produce a decent glow, unlike the other lamps, clearly brightening that corner of the room.

"Would you stop that?" The elder woman behind the counter scolded.

"Well sorry." Gale rolled his eyes, letting the lamp return to it's natural, flimsy flickering. Gale scooted his stool closer to Roane, leaning on the counter as if he was going to tell her a secrete. "I can also tell if there is a light on around me. Even through walls." He told her in a rather hushed voice, as if the woman would scold him for talking about it as well.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roane on March 29th, 2014, 6:18 pm

As the glow began in the sailor's hand, Roane's face seemed to split in two from the grin. Was it him or the light that made her feel better? Did it matter? She felt... soft. Like she just woke up in the softest, most comfortable bed ever and figured out she didn't need to get up that day. Like she could just roll over and sleep until tomorrow.

The light faded and she felt somewhat sad that it was gone. Her eyes had adjusted to the brightness Gale had made, and now it was back to the dimness from before. He explained further that he could strengthen existing light, and pointed at one of the oil lamps scattered around the bar. That too began to brighten, illuminating the corner of the room they were in.

Roane shot a glare at the older woman behind the counter as she told Gale to stop using his gnosis. When she turned back to look at the man beside her, she realized he was now closer than he had been. She leaned forwards as well, so he wouldn't have to talk as loud. "I can also tell if there is a light on around me. Even through walls."

The Syliran chuckled, shaking her head. "You are one interesting person, Gale McCenry. Tell me, where do you work? You are a sailor, correct?"

She raised the mug to her lips and took another drink before setting it down. "And how old are you? You seem pretty human, but it's hard to tell, especially in this light."

Common - Equus
Roane
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on March 29th, 2014, 7:41 pm

Gale couldn't help but smile himself at Roane's large grin as the light glistened in her eyes. She wasn't the only one affected by it's presence for the sailors nearby began to feel the same way as Roane, and even Gale himself was affected by the soft light. The anger he held against Roane simply vanished at that moment, but, of course, the old grump of a bar tender made him stop. Though, the smile didn't leave his face, even after the matter was over.

"I wouldn't exactly say I'm a sailor." He's eyes wondered around him as if he was thinking about what he was. He leaned his back against the counter again and crossed his legs,"More like the cleaning boy." He laughed. "Kutless has a strong philosophy of earning your ranks on the ship." His hand ran through his blonde curls. "And Cave just hates me." You're slipping a little Gale. "But Bird is nice enough, not as nice at Tin, though." You're getting off topic Gale.

Roane appeared to have switched the subject anyway, so he supposed it didn't matter if he was off topic. He laughed a hardy laugh before nodding,"Yes, I'm human. I'm thirty-three." He smile before furrowing his eyebrows. Did he change his mind? "Thirty four, I'm thirty four today." He gave a lazy nod as if confirming that was his final answer. "Yep, thirty four looooong years I've been around." He snatched his mug and finished it off with a few hefty gulps.

His eyes scanned the bar again, they coming upon the door opening once more to yet another burly sailor. It was starting to get dark outside, the streets starting to turn to a soft golden colour from the sunset. "Ah, I better get going. " Gale huffed and standing out of his chair with a slight wobble. "How many mugs did I get?"

"Three." The woman said quickly, somehow being able to hear Gale's mutter. " Not counting the one she paid for." Her head gestured to Roane.

"Oh. Thanks." He said. Though he meant to say it to Roane, he wasn't looking at her at the time, so whether the Kelvic took it to be to her or not was how she interpreted it.

The two fingered artist looked along the ground for his backpack, which held his mizas in it, on the floor. However, he found it on the other side of Roane, having switched seats a little while ago."Hand me the backpack behind you, would you?" He pointed.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext