A Sea of Grass (Ollic)

A Doctor and a Seer meet in the world of dreams.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

A Sea of Grass (Ollic)

Postby Aoren on March 17th, 2014, 12:25 am

1st of Spring, 514 AV
21st Bell

Aoren stood before the hearth in his apartment in Syliras. It had been a long day at work filling orders and fixing things around that shop, Stormhold Salves. The past winter had been one rife with sickness, more so than usual. He ran a hand through his hair thankful that he’d just returned from a visit to the Soothing Waters bathhouse. He had been in need of a good scrub and the warm waters had been, as the name of the establishment implied, soothing. The chill of winter’s nights was still clinging to the stones of Syliras. He could feel the cold beneath his feet on the stone floor of his apartment. For a moment, he just lost himself in the flames. There was something indescribably fascinating about staring into the depths of a fire, allowing oneself to drift into a stream of consciousness.

Taking a deep breath Aoren held a hand up in front of the fire. Centered on the palm a ball of gaseous blue Res gathered. Aoren carefully separated the Res into several distinct layers before willing the Res to attract the element of Fire. As expected the flames of the hearth resisted for a moment before the pull of the Res was just too strong to resist. Considering that the fire in the hearth was comparatively small against Aoren’s command over reimancy it was no surprise to him that the flames answered his call in short order. As soon as a few tongues of flame touched the outer layer of his Res the ball ignited into azure flames that cast the room into a cerulean hue. The young man waited until all of the flames in the hearth had been attracted to his hand before turning away from the hearth.

With due patience Aoren walked through his one room apartment toward his bed. He cast one last glance around his room before sitting on the edge of his bed and transmuting the inner layers of his Res into water. The resultant contact between the Fire and Water caused a pillar of steam to billow upward from his hand. It was warm but not uncomfortable. Throwing back the blanket upon his bed Aoren slid beneath the covers and lay back. With only the embers of the dying fire to keep him company, Aoren closed his eyes and allowed himself to drift off to sleep…

…and whatever awaited him there.

It seemed as if he’d only closed his eyes for a brief moment before they opened and Aoren found himself standing amidst a sea of endless grass. The leaves of grass were hardly higher than his ankles but still, as the winds rolled over the never ending plane it was as if an ocean of green stretched onward into infinity before him. Aoren looked down at himself. He was dressed in plain cloth robes of white with what appeared to be a black bodysuit of unknown material. A pair of dark knee high boots adorned his feet. The clothing was comfortable and didn’t constrict his movement. The sunlight shining down from overhead almost seemed to be reflected off the surface of the white robes.

Turing his gaze toward the horizon Aoren caught sight of what he assumed to be the center of the endless field. A large hill atop which stood what appeared to be a monumental oak tree. Despite not knowing where he was or why he was there, Aoren didn’t feel in the least bit of danger. Reaching behind him he grasped the hood of the robe and pulled up over his head to shield his eyes from the sunlight. For some reason he felt bidden to go to the hill and the tree that stood there.

Is this a dream? Or is it a vision?” Many times Aoren had been visited with visions from his the goddess of Sight before falling into slumber. This did not feel like one of those visions but he couldn’t be entirely certain. He felt as if he had his full faculties about him. He didn’t feel as if he were drifting through the immaculate realms that called to him whenever he tapped into the divine gift bestowed upon him by Avalis.

I guess all I can do is follow my instincts and my instincts say go to the tree.” With that decision made he began making his way toward the hill and what answers lay there. To what questions? Aoren had no idea. Perhaps ones he had yet to ask?
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Sea of Grass (Ollic)

Postby Ollic Rimesage on March 27th, 2014, 6:28 pm

It had only been what felt like a few moments, but apparently it was much more than that. In one instant, Ollic was at a bar, wasting away the only social traits he had trying to scrounge drinks out of people; the next, he was passed out, his limbs strewn the headrest of a couch.

He hadn't even bothered to close his eyes before his mind was elsewhere, cast into the endless aurora of dreams and misdemeanors.

It was all going by way too quickly. He was falling a mile a minute, his voice caught in his throat as he struggled to both breath and scream all at the same time.

His surroundings were stark black, no stars, no lights and definitely no other human being in his company. He was truly alone as he blundered through the void of darkness until plummeting to the ground.

But wait. He didn't make contact with the surface as he had expected. Instead, it was as if he had grown wings. He landed softly, his heels touching the soft fabric of green velvet, the balls of his feet quickly following suite.

It was a miracle, but one he didn't dare dwell on. He was dreaming and he knew that, but why he didn't wake up was well beyond his normal perceptions.

"Where am I?" he thought aloud, surveying his surroundings.

Trees with pink leaves that appeared to be incredibly fluffy were suddenly sprouting everyone. One even sprouted from underneath him, lifting him up into the sky.

He couldn't help but smile, watching as everything below him got smaller and smaller.

He didn't even both noticing that all he wore was shorts, made out of a rather scratchy material. He was content at that moment in time, his stomach warm and without butterflies to cause anxiety to start bubbling up inside.

A man abruptly came from out of the ground, or so what Ollic thought he saw happen. It was startling, almost causing him to lose his balance and fall to the surface once more.

Instead of shrinking back, the social anxiety usually taking the reins, he let his voice ring out through the sky.

"Hey you!"

oocI apologise for the late reply, but now that I'm close to dozing off myself, I felt that it would be best to post this reply!
c

I am back from my time in recovery and I will be happy to pick up on the roleplaying I left for a while. It feels so good to be back and I am looking forward to expanding Ollic's experience!
Ollic Rimesage
A Problematic Doctor

Words: 212499
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2013, 11:48 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Sea of Grass (Ollic)

Postby Aoren on April 8th, 2014, 2:37 am

Dreams were strange things that Aoren seldom welcomed. For him they often held nightmares as opposed to pleasant reprieves from reality. He made his way toward the tree he'd seen since arriving in the realm of the surreal. Truthfully, he was glad for the odd setting. He was glad to be able to walk through nothing more than a field of grass with an open sky and bright sun without thrashing in his sleep. He might even awaken well rested for a change.

Aoren was simply enjoying the scenery. He was lost in a grey area somewhere between actively thinking and simply drifting through a stream of consciousness. The gentle breeze that danced over the endless field swirled around him catching the hem of the robe that he wore. As he came upon the massive oak tree its leaves shifted colors ranging from dark greens to brilliant yellow to turquoise blue and even pink. With every caress of the wind the leaves shifted hues not all of them taking on the same color. It was like watching sunlight pour through the facets of a gem. So enraptured by the display, Aoren did not think to look at the top of the tree where stood a man who seemed to have fallen from the sky.

"Hey you!"

"Did the tree just talk to me? Okay, now I know that I'm dreaming." Aoren blinked at the shifting oak. He scanned the surface of its weathered brown bark as if searching for a face. Reaching up he brushed a hand over the bark feeling its roughness much like that of a normal tree. On a whim he knocked on the trunk of the tree to see if he might awaken some sleeping creature from within. When nothing happened he took a step back briefly puzzled.

"Okay..." Aoren looked behind himself scanning the horizon. It was then that he noticed the shadow the shifting oak cast over the landscape before him. He saw the shape of a man standing atop the branches of the tree.

"Is that a trick of the light or is there a person really standing up there?" Looking up through the web of branches he saw a figure standing at the very top. Quirking his head he stepped back cupping his hands to his mouth so that his voice would carry.

"Hello? Do you need help getting down?"

NoteI am so sorry for my delayed post!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)