[Anona's/Fae's Scrap] Scrappy-Doo

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Radiant on April 10th, 2014, 5:33 am

I noticed you are putting Hanna in Syliras! Yay! :D I'm honored, welcome to the fortress city of Peace!
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Hanna on April 10th, 2014, 5:54 pm

Indeed! :D And I'm excited to have her there! It'll certainly be a change from playing 90% of the time in Ravok.
Hanna
Player

Words: 1757
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 9:56 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Anona on April 11th, 2014, 6:04 am

Howdy Howdy!

I'm about to return to the blissful void that is sleep, but first I want to rant and rave about Armstreet's new robe!

Now, I'm no LARPer, or Halloween-er, or connoisseur of high quality fantasy-based garments, but what I am is someone who was ridiculously frustrated by trying to find pictures for my characters that wore clothes that were passable as something one would find in the world of Mizahar. Since Anona's model is more into high fashion, this is surprisingly not too difficult, but lord almighty it is a veritable nightmare photoshopping Faelith's pictures. Her model has a very small pool of photos as it is, but I'm so in love with her as Faelith's face that I'm forced to grit my teeth and use extreme close-ups to avoid showing her jeans or early 2000's style tops.

As I was originally creating Hanna, I specifically designed her as an archer because, petch it, petch searching for fantasy-passable photos, I was determined that I would simply google "medieval archer female" until I found some high quality photos, gosh darn it!

And lo and behold, I stumbled upon ArmStreet.

I've already waxed on and on about their Alchemist's Daughter costume and how stunning it is, and I'm even more excited about this "Wanderer" costume! It almost reminds me of a certain... Sahovan sorceress. Almost. Very almost. I mean, just look at it.

And, of course, there are quite a few more stunning photos on their site. *u*
Anona -- Faelith
Anona
Player

Words: 39126
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2014, 7:29 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Anona on April 11th, 2014, 8:50 am

Things that really, really peeve me off:

Spiders

Bigots

People who decide to just not fricking show up for their shifts.

The adrenaline has worn off from working the late shift, and I can barely make words happen, but I'm feeling the need to vent a little bit. Forgive my posting so soon after my freakout regarding Armstreet.

Why wouldn't you turn in your notice?! My company's policy for non-management is that if you don't give at least one week's notice, your last paycheck will be given as if you were working minimum wage. And for the two that decided to oh-so-graciously leave, that's more than a dollar an hour drop. Thanks for nothing.

Really, this wouldn't be a big deal, except now I feel like a huge fool/idiot/what-have-you. I'd already applied for a position as an ST, hoping that I'd be able to help out since a few people have had to leave for personal reasons recently, but now I'm looking at my schedule for the next few weeks and the forecast is grim at best, so I had to remove my application. Obviously, I don't even know if I'd be accepted anyways, so I'm not... I guess that's not what's really bumming me out. I've already apologized to her via PM, but I'm mostly upset that I'd already had to ask Abstract for a recommendation. I really can't stand disappointing people, so I just- it really, really bothers me that I've wasted her time. Hopefully there's something in the near future that I can do to make her life easier, and maybe balance it out? Who knows.

All that being said, at least the next paycheck will have a significant increase. Hopefully by the time I get that paycheck, I'll be back to a normal schedule, and I'll have time to spend that money.
Anona -- Faelith
Anona
Player

Words: 39126
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2014, 7:29 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous