Mizahar Bird-Facts

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Mizahar Bird-Facts

Postby Schmetterling on April 15th, 2014, 9:21 am

Introduction

Preface
Greetings to the highest admins
Greetings to the staff and storytellers
A Hi and Hello to all Mizahars

There is a dog and horse breed list in the lore while also I had encounter Ablation's cat breeds to be push. I see birds should really have this one either. I would be strictly following the format of those lore pages. In addition, I am trying my best to share my readings about birds. Please help me take this article to perfection! I would rather receive any criticism through pms...

What do you think of birds?
They are the winged animals that chirps and usually got feathers. Unlike mammals, they are toothless and doesn't deliver babies through labouring. Birds are two-legged but not here at Mizahar. The Djed storm had left the surfaces in a chaotic disturbing condition, the same happened to our bird folk. After Valterian, evolution of birds consist some of them multiplying their legs, changing behaviors and even creating new hybrids and crossbreeds. The Aves is one of the most living species of the Mizahar world, to the extent of passing other animals like dogs and cats. Bird sizes differs from 5cm (2in) of Bee Hummingbird, the tiniest, to the 2.75 m (9ft) Ostrich. However, this research or data was proven wrong as new batch of birds are discovered in the jungle wilds of Falyndar. Wild birds got a decreasing in numbers as hunters tend to hunt down them for purposes such as to sell as an exotic pet or for magic rituals.

An external anatomy of bird includes:

1. Beak- The hard curved or pointed part of its mouth
2. Head- Top part of the body
3. Iris- The round colored part of an eye
4. Pupil- The small round black part of the eye
5. Mantle- The layer back of a bird's breast
6. Lesser coverts
7. Scapulars
8. Median coverts
9. Tertials
10. Rump
11. Primaries
12. Vent
13. Thigh
14. Tibio-tarsal articulation
15. Tarsus
16. Foot
17. Tibia
18. Belly
19. Flanks
20. Breast
21. Throat
22. Wattle
23. Eyestripe

Table of Contents
Migration
Mizahar Bird Breeds
History

Bird Migration

To some birds, migration success depends heavily on key stop points food availability. The wilderness is a big bowl of worms but then filled with predators too. Can you imagine, how many of those birds exactly will be able to reach their destination? Normally, birds migrate out of the coldest region to the tropics before winter arrive. Common bird foods like insects, crops and fishes tend to either die, hide or migrate during winter. This is how season affects migration. Although, some birds don't migrate if find an adequate food source and is able to survive in the temperature of the domain. There are also other reasons to the whole scenario of migrating. Predatory territorials can be a big threat to a bird group competing to general food and space. Syliran field can be ideal to the grain eating and fruit eating birds but then they might ruin what should be harvested. Farmers put scarecrows to frighten birds. While opposite to this, insect catching birds can aid in controlling of pest. Not all bird species are considered eatable or officially edible. Only those desperate ones and normal cannibalistic types eat any. Some bird are highly recognizable and is very common such as the poultry ducks and turkeys.

...To be Continue...
Mizahar map for flyway and bird migration soon...

Mizahar Bird Breeds

...Mizahar bird breeds with images and description...

Name
Size:
Color:
Purpose:
Special Abilities:

Schmetterling
Player

Words: 4409
Joined roleplay: April 10th, 2014, 3:06 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Mizahar Bird-Facts

Postby Palla Frostfawn on April 15th, 2014, 11:07 pm

Deleted, the problem has been adressed by Gossamer.
Last edited by Palla Frostfawn on April 16th, 2014, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Words: 117768
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mizahar Bird-Facts

Postby Schmetterling on April 16th, 2014, 5:36 am

Yeah, I'm new at the WD forum but I'm not new in Mizahar.
Sorry for the ahead posting...
I'm currently waiting for someone to reply on my HD post, I will move the post in the Peer Review once it was completed and approved.
Otherwise, it will be deleted or remove here if they wouldn't accept it anyway. :) :)
Schmetterling
Player

Character sheet

Mizahar Bird-Facts

Postby Gossamer on April 16th, 2014, 9:53 am

You must wait for HD approval before you post here. Peer review is for finished articles that need reviewed. This article isn't even an outline yet. This thread was in fact started before HD permission was sought. For my own sanity Im only answering HD Tickets a couple times a week now.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Mizahar Bird-Facts

Postby Schmetterling on April 16th, 2014, 10:55 am

I know but I can't undo it...
This post wasn't even labeled as Peer Review or isn't even at Peer review sub-forum.
This is just a mere draft!
I already said apologizes twice, once in my HD post and second here.
Only staff can delete or remove threads so I can't do anything except to wait.
You guys may remove this post, I got a copy saved in my computer.
Schmetterling
Player

Character sheet