[Jungle Wilds/Taloba AS Office - Rage] Fuel My Fire

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within this forum, all Storytellers of any level may feel free to create their office threads. These threads are then used for active thread lists, XP requests, and other communications that aren't necessarily PM required.

Moderators: Junior Storytellers, Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Scribes, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Rage on August 5th, 2010, 9:55 pm

Rage's Office

Greetings, dear victims! This is Rage and, as the sign says, this is my office. I'll working with the Jungle Queen Cayenne in managing the Jungle Wilds and Taloba, lighten the load a bit for her.

I'm now accepting thread requests and xp awarding for the areas mentioned above. Also, if you need help or have any questions related to my areas of responsibility, drop me a line, I'm here to help. I promise not to tear your still-beating heart from your chest the first time out. >:)

Now, I know everybody hates rules but I do have a few:
1. Please follow the site's rules. If you can do that, we'll get along just fine.
2. 'No' means 'No'.
3. 'No' can always change to 'yes'.
4. Please only post XP awarding or thread requests in my office. Regarding any other matter, you can PM (just so other people won't laugh if you write something stupid...or if I do :p ).
5. I do not do pre-planned threads (ex. "I want to meet a Myrian tiger cub/Hot Myrian woman and we bond/hit it off and she gives me a cool weapon and makes me immune to the rage of other Myrians", etc.). I will play the dangers of the jungle true to form once you've entered my domain, and I cannot guarantee that things will turn out the way you like them, but I do promise you that it will be an adventure. You might even survive it. :D
6. Rules will be added as I see fit and can and will only be redacted by me or a higher power - that means the red-named bosses.
7. I do accept bribes to give you leeway on rules 1 to 6, but only if it's double dutch ice cream.
8. Please ignore rule #7.
NEW RULES:
9. If you think I'm ignoring you, I probably am (which sucks for you, haha!) OR you just need to call my attention (a PM would suffice) to what you're expecting from me, be it xp awards, a modded thread, or rating that hot new chick you passed by in the hall in your office/school/wherever. I'm nice like that.
10. If you are unsatisfied with xp I awarded you, send me a PM. We can talk about it. I'm not unreasonable. Except when I'm hungry.

Do check back here from time to time to see if I'm plotting anything!

Threads List :

Projects :
  • Reimancy Master - to be posted after Seyp's thread
  • Jakai done!
  • New Locations... Weapons merchant among others

Last edited by Rage on January 15th, 2011, 4:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Words: 109059
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Rage on September 12th, 2010, 11:12 am

XP Award Template :

GRANTING OF XP

(PC name here)
Skill name here - amount awarded here
Here too - and here too

Lores:
- Lores here
- Here too

Items:
- Item here
- Here too

Thread Consequences:
(If any)

ST notes.

Code: Select all
[frame=black][color=#FF0000][center][img]http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o55/beastofprey80/burningman4small.jpg[/img]
[size=150][b]GRANTING OF XP[/b][/size]

[size=110][u][b](PC name here)[/b][/u]
Skill name here - amount awarded here
Here too - and here too

[u][b]Lores:[/b][/u]
- Lores here
- Here too

[u][b]Items:[/b][/u]
- Item here
- Here too

[u][b]Thread Consequences:[/b][/u]
    (If any)
[/size]
[/center]

[size=105][spoiler=Notes]ST notes.[/spoiler][/size][/color][/frame]
Last edited by Rage on June 23rd, 2012, 2:36 am, edited 5 times in total.

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

Postby Rage on February 4th, 2011, 8:43 pm

Moderator Intervention Template :

Moderator Note: <text here>

Code: Select all
[frame=black][center][url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic4112.html][img]http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o55/beastofprey80/moderator_intervention.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

[size=105][b][color=#FF0000][u]Moderator Note: [/u]<text here>[/color][/b][/size][/frame]
Last edited by Rage on January 15th, 2012, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

What You Will Never See In Taloba

Postby Rage on May 31st, 2011, 11:48 pm

What You Will Never See In Taloba

1. Any form of tavern/pub/place where people gather to get drunk. PCs who try will make a location like this of their own, whether it's their own place or an unapproved location, they will get confronted by NPC Myrians and flogged in the streets, just like what Myri did to the last male chieftain when he got drunk and disorderly. And then they'll burn your drinking place down. If you want tavern threads, go to another city with a tavern.

2. Dhani or Charoda walking freely in the street. Unless they're being prodded by spears to 'walk freely' to a boiling cauldron, it's not happening on my watch.

3. Non-Myrians walking freely around the city. If you're not a Myrian, always assume you're being tailed and watched by those who are.

4. Magic, especially personal magic, being cast in the streets like it's the most normal thing. If your clan is tolerant of its members using magic, you can practice it in your clan home and nowhere else. If you try, even if it's just to summon a flower for that hot chick you like, or light a torch using reimancy, there will be CONSEQUENCES.

- your friendly neighborhood Storyteller,
RAGE

Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

Postby Candira on June 9th, 2011, 4:40 pm

Hey, Rage,

Telos and I would like to create a flashback, where the Charodae guide a ship around the tip of Falyndar (as if the ship was travelling from Lhavit to Riverfall). Initially they would help to guide the Captain through a shallow part of a reef, and curiosity made them stay on board. We want it to actually take place in a flashback for approximately a week's time, early Fall 510 AV. It would be open to any character in that area, at the time, and I would create a matchmaker thread.

I feel as if this is something that definitely needs modding and approval, and I am here to ask for both, if your time permits. (I had spoken to Cayenne about another matter, and she mentioned her busy schedule; I have not asked her permission about this and I don't want to impose.)

I feel it would create a very nice stepping stone for my character -- not to mention a good story!

Thank you!
♥ Britt
Candira
A Curious Soul

Words: 26228
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2011, 6:03 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Rage on June 10th, 2011, 12:23 am

As stated in my PM to you, you can do this thread without me having to mod it, just observe the rules of the usage of NPCs when controlling them in a non-modded thread. I will monitor your thread as well to make sure that you don't inadvertently break any of these rules.

A little note: Some of the players in Falyndar can't flashback to 510 AV since they've been here a lot longer, though you can try to check on the following PCs if they are interested and/or available:
Mihai
Ianira
Tira
Ossifrage
Orrikhan
Oman

Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

[Rage] My Grading Guidelines

Postby Rage on September 28th, 2011, 1:30 pm

Greetings, my lovely meatbags!

While the grading of threads is subjective from storyteller to storyteller, I'd like to outline the general guidelines I follow when I grade your threads so you can better understand how I came up with the XP amount I awarded you.

Please note that these are no way hard and fast rules. If you think I have graded your thread unfairly, or if you feel you deserve more XP, I am open to discussion. That involves you convincing me in a logical and rational manner why I should give you more. Sending me hot pictures of Milla Jovovich may or may not sway me into agreeing with you. :)

Now then...the GUIDELINES:

1. Competency level in the skill matters.
I tend to award more for skills that are in the Novice level and less the higher you go up. Why is this, you ask? A PC absorbs more when they are just starting out learning the skill while one who has grasped the basics need to add new knowledge to what they know in order for the skill to improve. Compare it to a dry sponge and a damp one. The dry sponge will absorb more water than the one that's absorbed a certain amount already.

Do take note that no matter how high your competency level is in the skill, I will always award XP if you use it at least once in the thread. Effort will always be rewarded.

2. Content/detail vs Amount of Skill Usage
This is very subjective, in my opinion. While I appreciate a well-detailed training thread, there comes a point where you might be trying too hard. When your story devolves to just you describing each action you do in order to squeeze as much XP as you can for the skill you are training in, it becomes very dull and may veer away from the story you may be trying to tell. While I won't dock points from the amount of XP I will give you, it does become rather painful to read the thread when done that way.

The same applies to using the skill many times in the thread but doing the same thing over and over again in the thread. Though, again, this is subjective. For example, there's only so much you can write about doing pushups to gain XP in Bodybuilding. Using the skill more but writing it with less detail *may* get you more XP, but it's not a guarantee.

My tip is to find a balance between the two.

3. Thread Length
This matters, yes. While I believe longer is better, it has to have substance too. It's pretty self-explanatory. But does this mean you should submit 3-plus pages worth of a thread while you train in, say, Running, just to get that coveted +5 XP in it? No. How much can you write should be based on the story you want to tell, not how much XP you want to get out of it. We're not writing "(Insert Skill Here) for Dummies" after all, right? So does adding fluff help? I don't know... did you use the skill you want XP for in that section of fluff? :)

4. Success vs Failure
Failure will still net you XP from me. And just because your PC failed to do something doesn't mean he gets less XP for trying either. I determine the XP I award you by how you use the skill, not if you succeed in using it or not.

5. Solo Training vs Using Your Skill with/against Others (PC or NPC)
The way I see it, solo training threads are awesome if your PC is just starting out in learning the skill. I have awarded a +5 for one before. But should you churn out these kinds of training threads? I think this is tied into #1...once a PC's skill reaches a certain point, their competency in it starts to plateau. One can only learn so much training by themselves. But as with real life, because they are not challenged, a person becomes complacent doing things over and over by themselves. Speaking game-wise, one learns more in using their skill when an outside force, be at another PC, an NPC, or an event in a thread, spurs them to push themselves to the limit...and over. I would award more for those scenarios - especially if the outside forces are not controlled by the player but by another player, a guest storyteller, or when being modded by myself.

6. The "WOW!" Factor
Something that makes me go "That is so bleepin' awesome!" would definitely net you more XP from me. How do you achieve this? Amaze me, do something innovative with your skill use, do something that's never been done before or no one's ever thought to do. It would be like a sophomore Dwight Howard swatting the basketball as Tim Duncan does his signature post up-pivot move, or an undersized Dan Henderson knocking out the arguably top pound-for-pound heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko. But a word of warning: aiming to achieve this may sometimes cause players to draw near the line of overplaying their skill level, or worse, godmodding. And that's a no-no for me.

I also base my awarding from this Guide by Gossamer when I grade, too. :)

Coming Soon: Thread Consequences

Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

Postby Carsten on December 14th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Hello Rage! As you know, Carsten knows a few words Myrian, but I'd like to make him conversable in it. So I'd like a modded thread where his knowledge of Myrian goes from Basic to Poor. Do you think this would be possible?
Carsten
The duelist

Words: 61370
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 8:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mihai on May 25th, 2012, 6:03 am

Hi Ragerous,

Here are some threads that seem to have lapsed. Whenever you get a chance!

Meetings on the Edge [Seyp]
Hunting Quarrels [Tryt]
Two Birds of a Feather [Pauk]
We're All Children of the Jungle

Thanks!
Mihai
Take a bite of my heart tonight

Words: 29455
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2011, 11:35 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Rage on June 20th, 2012, 12:59 am

Hey Savages, Snake-people, Fishfolk and every deyhan in between!

For those waiting for thread grades and other modly stuff from me, I just wanted to ask for a little more patience as I have a very demanding schedule in real life at the moment. (8am-10pm shifts 6 days a week and I usually get home around 12mn and wake up at 4am to feed my crying baby :P). Things will get done eventually, but my activity will be rather sporadic.

Thank you for understanding.

Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

Next