Mr. Crowe's Cryptography

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This subforum is for small businesses that do not require extensive subforums for organization. These Small Business Sheets are simply posted records of what a business is for, its expenses, its debt and the profit it makes.

Mr. Crowe's Cryptography

Postby Kenneric Crowe on March 22nd, 2014, 8:12 pm

ImageMr. Crowe’s Cryptography.
Business Type: Goods
Services Offered:
Basic Encryption (1 level of either scrambled cipher or slide cipher) - 3GM
Advanced Encryption (2 levels of either scrambled encryption or slide encryption) - 6GM
Decryption Service - 8GM/hour
Message Delivery - 3GM

Base Income: Courier 5 gm/day
Skill Bonus: Nothing
Kenneric only has 18 cryptography presently and should not receive a competency bonus, but hopefully will develop one by next season.

Sale's Bonus: 1 gm/day initially (Owner).

Total Income: 6 gm/day
Assets:
-Parchment (50x : 10gm)
-Ink vials (10x : 10gm)
-Quills (6x : 3gm)
-Leather Scrollcases (20x : 20gm)
-Candles (30x : 3sm)
-Desk (simple: 5gm)
-Chair (simple: 5gm)
-Lockbox (1gm)
-Office (small: 200gm)

TOTAL Expenses: 254GM 3SM
There is no need for a loan since Kenneric has enough to pay out of pocket but he will probably be creating some sort of business association as a form of protection.

The main idea behind this business is a place where anyone can protect their information via encryption, whether it be merchant or gang member. Crowe is willing to deliver messages for an additional fee. Though he is not skilled enough to perform in-depth encryptions as of yet, Crowe has enough skill to keep wandering eyes from understanding sensitive information.
Last edited by Kenneric Crowe on June 23rd, 2014, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Common - Vani - Nader-canoch - Makath

Kenneric Crowe
To light a candle is to cast a shadow.

Words: 37179
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 3:04 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Mr. Crowe's Cryptography

Postby Gillar on April 1st, 2014, 1:36 am

You have a good start here but there are a few of things you will need to address before we can move on to actual approval.

First, what city are you looking to start this business in? Some cities are more suited to supporting this type of businesses while others are less feasible.

Second, depending on the city you wish to start this in, you may encounter some resistance to openly operating a business that deals in keeping things secret.

Third, I see this more as a specialized courier job than a shopkeeper. So the Base Income would be related to Courier while any skill bonuses to come would be based on your Cryptography skill.

Finally, you would likely get a sales bonus based on the fact that you are owning and operating a business. In this case it would be 1 gm / day.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Mr. Crowe's Cryptography

Postby Kenneric Crowe on April 5th, 2014, 2:00 am

1) Sorry, completely slipped my mind to mention the city. Sunberth is the location.

2) I was hoping the general shady nature of the city would have some demand for such a business.

3) My reasoning behind shopkeeper rather than courier was that his primary function was just the encryption of the messages and the delivery was more of a special side service for important individuals, but courier makes sense as well so I'm okay with that.

4) Sounds good to me. Courier says 1-5gm/day so with the sales bonus would i be at 2-3g/day?
Common - Vani - Nader-canoch - Makath

Kenneric Crowe
To light a candle is to cast a shadow.

Words: 37179
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 3:04 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Mr. Crowe's Cryptography

Postby Gillar on May 6th, 2014, 10:22 am

Approved with the following notes and conditions:

I see where you are going with the idea of a shopkeeper rather than courier but since you offer courier services along with your cryptography, you become more of a specialized courier. This is a good thing in that it helps you stand out from potential competition. Sunberth is indeed a fitting city for this kind of business.

So, I ask for the following modifications:

Base Income: 5 gm/day (Courier)
Sales Bonus: 1 gm/day (Owner/Operator)
Final Income: 6 gm/day

When you reach L2 Cryptography, you will be able to increase your final income.

Disclaimer: The approval of this Business Plan is only for the Business Plan itself. Final approval of the business to be located in a particular city is up to the resident Storyteller as is the final approval of NPC employees.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Featured Contributor (1)