Solo Breaking the Ice

Evalin finally confronts her wayward Familiar

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Breaking the Ice

Postby Evalin on May 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm

56th of Spring, 514 AV
Time: 6th bell

Be damned him that cursed creature, that beast, that defiler! He had set this up, his hand was upon every last inch of all that had occurred. She could feel him now, could sense him for the first time in days. It was almost mocking in how he stood out now, so independent, so confident. What was worse, however, was what she felt through the bend. Nothing. She felt nothing there. There was no pride, no amusement, no anger or hatred. It was cold as a glacier. As still as a lake. No movements whatsoever. Tsenrika did not extend a tendril of consciousness to greet her. He did not knowledge her whatsoever. He simply stood waited, and she came like a moth to the flame.

She nearly crashed through the trees that surrounded the clearing, pushing aside brush and limb to step out before her Familiar, to confront him at last for his indiscretions. What she saw, however, was not the floating orb. No the figure that stood on the slight rising slope was a figure, taller than she was. His cloak fell over him, but his hood was pulled back. His face was sharp and detailed, perfectly shaven though harsh lines and dark circles were under his eyes. His hair was long, past his shoulders in uneven locks of black and silver, but it was his eyes that were striking. His eyes were blue, but not just his iris. Even his whites were a cool blue color and where he looked they reflected the world around him. The man, no Tsenrika, did not smile as Evalin approached, "Well then Master... It has been some time. I hope you are well."

Evalin did not speak at first, but instead she glanced around Tsenrika. Three more figures surrounded him, and all three she recognized. Vino was at his right hand, the body of the young boy held a smirk of triumph and his arms were folded over his chest. When his eyes met Evalin's he grinned broadly, and waved arrogantly. To his left was the Dhani Gresshal. His large body was coiled into a relaxed position. He leaned on one of his coils, his head cocked to one side as he observed the situation. Finally, behind Tsenrika stood a creature with 5 heads. Dresskal... So it seemed Tsenrika had recruited him as well. It was troublesome, however, they were not what concerned the nuit.

Gritting her teeth Evalin leaned on her staff, trying to adopt a bored tone as she smiled in return, "Hello my Dear Tsenrika. Yes of course I have been well. Your Master has done well for herself over the centuries, long before you ever came to this world."

"Is that so...?" Tsenrika inquired without expression. To his right the chuckling broke the conversation as Vino pointed at Evalin, "Stop trying to act so calm bitch. Your done giving orders, and you know it!"

He looked like he wanted to say more but a raised hand from the Familiar stopped him. Tsenrika looked down at Evalin and she could see herself reflected in those eyes, "Have you cast off your chains yet Evalin?"

It was an obvious question, and one that Evalin had been expecting. She did not answer right away, however. She would not give him the satisfaction. Instead she pushed back her own hood and then raised her fingers before her eyes, inspecting her nails as she pretended to be in thought. She let the ticks slip by. Let them become chimes as Vino began to fidget and Gresshal's eyebrow raised. Tsenrika though remains as he was, staring at her with that infuriating patience he had. Finally the Witch looked up, "I can continue my quest with these chains in place. They still suit my ends, and I shall hold onto them until they are no longer precious to me."

Then, for the first time since their encounter, Evalin felt something pass through their bond. Fury, hot and wild which was quickly quelled and masked, "I see. That is a shame. It seems I shall have to free you from your own self induced shackles." He looked sideways at Vino, "Go now and subdue her."

She didn't think Vino's grin could get any bigger, yet somehow his face seemed to split completely in half with unrestrained eagerness and excitement, "With pleasure."

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Breaking the Ice

Postby Evalin on May 15th, 2014, 9:24 pm

Stepping down the slope Vino's smile did not fade as he raised his hands to either side, golden res pouring out from his fingertips as he did. Evalin looked at him a tick before moving her eyes back to Tsenrika, raising an eyebrow as she did, "You insult me my dear Tsenrika. You know as well as I what I am capable of. Settle this yourself, or not at all."

Her eyes were brought back to Vino as she felt the air around her stir. Something large was then blocking her vision, a rock, a boulder bigger than her chest was hurtling straight at her head. Pulling res from her inner begin Evalin raised one hand, flicking two fingers absently as she thrust the rest forward in a spinning arch. As it sailed through the air it collected the invisible element, and then just as it met the stone Evalin snapped her fingers, jerking her head to the side to direct the created gust of wind to blow fiercely at an angle. The force of the magic was such that the rocks momentum slowed and it hit the ground with a THUD, sliding the rest of the way and kicking up dust as it came to a stop just to Evalin's left.

She looked at Tsenrika once more, "The child is no mater for me. This you well know."

"Perhaps." The Familiar's lips turned upward slightly, "But who am I to keep the boy from his vengence."

Two more, smaller stones flew at Evalin and she simply stepped back, avoiding them and looking down her nose at Vino, "Hush child, the adults are talking. Play your games elsewhere."

Vino's smile was gone, replaced by a snarl as he gathered his res around him once more, "You think this is a game? You bitch, you took EVERYTHING FROM ME!" He snarled and stepped forward, clapping his hands together as the res shot toward Evalin, "You killed my siblings, you made me watch. You KILLED ME but you were not content to let me die! No, you had be brought back to this wretched life to suffer in hatred and despair. I will NEVER forgive you. I hate you and I will take your life as compensation!" The res then changed, and Evalin pushed her cloak over her shoulder, gripping her staff tighter as she raised her other hand to intecept the enxt stream of stones... except what came at her was not stones, it was...

"Sand?" Evalin whispered under her breath. She was not prepared for this, and so she did the only thing she could. She threw herself to the ground, rolling to the side out of the way as the wave of sand washed over her head and smashed into the tree behind where she had been just moments before.

"Today you are going to pay for what you did to me."

Evalin barely made it to her feet once more before she had to backpedal once more to avoid another stone hurtling toward her. With one hand she undid the tie of her cloak, letting the material fall away and give her greater freedom of movement. Then she tossed her staff to the side, freeing another hand for the fight.

"Yes do tell everyone how tragic your story is. I am certain they are all so very curious to hear what wrongs I have done you and how justified you are in your actions." She clapped her hands together, and between her fingers res began to pore out, distorting the air like heatwaves as she weaved signs with both hands, "But know this, you shall not have your vengeance today. I am the Immortal Witch Evalin, and my actions are despicable because it is necessary. You cannot change the past, and I control your future." Evalin smirked, "Accept this and bow to me my servant." Vino's expression darkened as he began his retort, but Evalin was not about to allow that to happen. Even as she spoke she weaved the signs and twisted her fingers as she fractioned off the res into smaller parts, and each of these she elongated until they were about 2 inches in length. Then she hissed, and in the place of res glittering shards of ice appeared floating around her, hovering by the res core the held, each ending in sharp points, dozens aimed at Vino now. The boy's eyes widened and he quickly began to draw more res. Evalin's smile widened as she flicked a finger, sending the shards sailing through the air at her servant.

Frantically Vino pulled more and moer res out, shaping it into a mass in front of him, but the rate of his casting till now and the strain of using so much magic was taking its toll. He could not summon as much as he needed, could not manipulate it fast enough. The shards were growing closer, and closer and the miraculously the stone took shape. A thin column, just large enough for him to turn sideways to hid behind as the shards shattered against it. The boy would have sighed in relief had he had the moment, but Evalin would not give it to him. Even as she sent the shards flying she was moving, a blur of motion as the power of her mark fueled by her own hatred gave her supernatural speed. She rounded the stone as the ice shattered against it, and she relished teh look in Vino's eyes as he saw her, gazed into those red depths and saw himself reflected there. She lunged forward, hand grasping his neck as she used her greater strength and weight to push him back to the ground and pinned his arms with her knees. She raised a hand, res collecting there to form another ice shard, this one as long as her forearm and just as thick which she let float over Vino's head, the point pressing between his eyes.

Vino didn't move, his eyes wide, his mouth set in a grim frown as he flexed his fingers. Evalin dug the tip in more so that a trickle of white ichor would fall over his eye. This abruptly stopped all movements from the chained one.

Evalin sat back them, placing her hands on Vino's chest as she tiled her head, smiling down at him as she pushed her hair behind her ear, "Know your place child. You are my servant. You are my plaything. You serve me, not my foolish Familiar. You will only obey me, and you shall stand at my side as my pawn once again. Now, behave." She gently patted his cheek as she stood, snapping her fingers so that the ice shard shattered, raining down tiny pieces of frost over her victum.

The Witch Set her hands on her hip, looking up the slope at Tsenrika, "Enough of these games. I would have my familiar once more, so be a dear and give up your freedom to me. I would hate to damage any of my other play things."

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Breaking the Ice

Postby Evalin on May 17th, 2014, 5:42 am

Vino's hands curled into fists as he glared up at Evalin, and then he heaved with his arms and Evalin was reminded of this Chained One's gifts of increased strength. He lifted her off with his arms alone, pushing up back so that she stumbled a couple of steps before straightening once more. Vino was already on his feet, his jaw set as pure hatred flooded from his eyes. Then he swung out with his fist, smashing it through the slab he himself had created as easily as if it were sand. The crumbling of stone followed while he glared at Evalin a moment longer before taking a strained step forward, and then another, and then another until he was standing beside her, facing toward Tsernika now.

Evalin smiled and folded her hands over her chest, looking sideways at Vino as she addressed the Familiar, "These pawns you command, do not forget that it was I that gave them to you, and I can just as easily take them away."

Tsenrika looked impassively down at Evalin, his expression neutral as he turned his head to the side, "Of this I am well aware Evangeline." Evalin's smile quickly faded as she winced at the use of her living identity, "But even so they are a perfect piece with which to demonstrate your incompetence. They show just how far you have fallen." He snapped his fingers and Gresshal grimaced as he uncoild himself.

"You enjoy the sound of your own voice too much Tsenrika. Be careful or some may become confused as to who is making the fool of themselves."

Gresshal was sliding down the slope now, his expression grim, set and determined, like one who knew he was facing his death. Evalin felt a shred of pitty for the fool. It seemed he had become wrapped up in something beyond himself, and he no longer had control of even his actions. In a way Evalin could relate, because that is how Evangeline used to be. Weak and powerless, only able to follow the order the world presented her, pulled along on strings devised by Fate. As he approached his pace quickened, his fingers curling as his great bulk slithered faster and faster toward Evalin, clearly intent on bowling her over and taking her down as quickly as possible. Sadly, however, Evalin was prepared for this as the residual res that she left lingering jumped to her fingers. With an upward motion of her hand Evalin pulled more res to join the collection around her fingers, creating a curtain between her and the oncoming Gresshal that caused his figure to waver in the magical substance view. Then with a snap of her fingers her might conjured flames, a great wall of fire spreading out and up between the nuit and the Dhani, hiding the witch from view and blinding the Constrictor for just a moment before he crashed through the scorching heat, headless of the danger in his eagerness to end this quickly.

Evalin had taken that momentary distraction to quickly slip around on the other side of the slab Vino had created, calling more res to her power as she circled back behind Gresshal as he passed her by, waving his arms to get rid of the scattering sparks and looking for his target. Evalin was already there, res readily leaping at her command as she summoned more of the icy shards which she sent sailing through the air just as he turned around. The Dhani raised one arm to guard against the flimsy icy projectiles that shattered against his scales, but that was all Evalin needed.

"Vino, stop his movements." Evalin followed up her barrage with another burst of flame, stepping back and clapping her hands together as she let res course between her fingertips, lighting arching back and forth as she prepared a new spell. The Dhani's attention was on her, which gave Vino the time he needed. With eyes on the dancing sparks, Gresshal hunched down, pressing his hands flat against the dirt as his coils rippled beneath him. He was preparing himself for the blast, wondering if he could spring out of the way, pondering whether or not he should charge. In the end it was wasted effort, because sudden stone shackles as thick as his own tail sprung from the ground and clamped down on the Dhani's forearms past the elbow. The Stone was hard, perfectly cut and heavily anchored to the ground, Yet still Gresshal hissed in distaste as he trashed his tail, jerking back and forth with all his strength, and to Evailn's great surprise the stone began to crack. It would not hold long, but then Evalin did not need it too.

Dropping the spell, static still clinging to her fingers the nuit dashed forward with the speed which was beyond human. She reached him just as he freed one arm, and in a puff of dust she stopped, pressing her palm against the Dhani's forehead. Gresshal's fangs were bared, and his large hand was already on her shoulder. It was so big he could have easily crushed her with one hand, however, Evalin's words halted all his movements, "Be still..."

The whisper struck him like a lead weight to the head, and he froze perfectly still in the position he was in. Eye's wide, one hand anchored to the ground, the other in mid motion to crush every bone in the nuit's body. Evalin smiled and brought her hand to cup his cheek, "You are mine once more. You will no longer take your orders from Tsenrika. You are my servant."

"Need I have more proof of your disgrace... How far you have fallen Master." Tsenrika folded his hands behind his back, making a slow decent down the slope. Evailn turned her head enough to see the Familiar past Gressha's raised arm, "I have put down every dog you have sent after me, and brought them once more under my control. I snatch from you the very leash you relished just moments before. In what way am I a disgrace when I have succeeded in disarming your little trap?

The Familiar sighed and shook his head, something again to disappointment on his features as he opened his eyes to look down at Evalin, "But that is just it Evangeline. You saved your precious tool. Your pets were turned against you, and yet you chose to take them in once more. Evalin would never have been so foolish." The nuit's eyes narrowed as her lips became a thin line, "Have you forgotten the rules you yourself swore to uphold? When a tool is broke you cast it aside. When a tool becomes a danger, your destroy it and leave no trace of it left in this world. These tools were broken. These tools were a danger, and yet they still live. Thus I say you are not Evalin. You are Evangeline, and you are not my Master."

"Be damned those rules! They were created at a time of need, and time and needs have changed over the centuries. I shall not be tied down to outdated bylaws of my own design."

Tsenrika nodded slowly, "Yes... I believe you, and that is precisely why you must be reeducated." She felt the pull on her magic before she saw it, and because of this she was able to pull away just in time to avoid spinning shards of ice as the passed through air where mere moments before her head had been. Evalin threw herself back and rolled tot he side, coming up to her feet with her hands up, yet she was not prepared for what happened next. Tsenrika fell on Gresshal with her very own speed, and in his hands he held a dagger created from ice sharpened to a razor edge. In one swift movement the blade hissed through the air, glinting in the light as he severed two of Gresshal's fingers. The Dhani roared in pain, his arm trembling as blood began to pour from his wounds, but because of the command he could not move. With his free hand Tsenrika caught the falling appendages, and tossed them to Dresskal's eagerly grasping hands.

"Evailn would have foreseen this, and she would have eliminated the threat before it had even arisen. The Dhani would have been burned to cinders, Vino would have been given orders to circle and strike when I drew near, and you would already have severed a limb from this tool to be used for this very same purpose." He opened his hand one finger at a time, letting the icy dagger fall and shatter on the ground as he looked at Evalin. Dresskal was eagerly consuming the fingers in the background, but Evalin could not look away as the Familiar said softly, "It is this that separates Evalin from Evangeline. Coldly realistic, she recognizes the dangers and does what must be done no matter what that is. Evalin will change the world, but Evangeline will only die because that has always been her purpose. Fate dictated that Evangeline would die. Evangeline cannot escape her Fate. Only Evalin can defy Fate."

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Breaking the Ice

Postby Evalin on May 18th, 2014, 12:53 am

Evalin looked past Tsenrika now at the Chained one as he finished consuming the fingers. His body shook, trembled with energy coursing through it, and as she watched Evalin could see his skin crawling as he began to shift.Her eyes then went back to Tsenrika who was walking toward Evalin now, his arms raised, "Now then Evangeline, it is time that you took your place at my side. It is time that you accepted me as your master, and I shall shape you to meet your true potential."

Evalin grimaced in distaste, eyes flicking to Vino who waited quietly, none to eager to follow more orders Evalin was sure. Still, he might be of use in a moment. When Evalin looked back Dresskal had been replaced by the 40 foot long serpent, its body as thick as a tree and the five hissing heads that whipped about tasting the air in search of its prey. The nuit clapped her hands together, feeling the rush of res through her body and then noticing a second pull which meant that Tsenrika was casting as well, "You think too highly of yourself Familiar. I am the only Master here." The res twisted as it exeted her body, circling around her hands as she thrust them toward Tsenrika, her fingers spread as lighting arched across the gap between her and her opponent. The Familiar turned in a flurry of cloak, res cloaking his side like a shield and attracted the lightning she had projected, directing it to pass him by and arch harmlessly into the air with a thundering boom that shook the ground.

Tsenrika smiled over his shoulder, "Not any more."

Dresskal slithered down the slope, one head snapping at Tsenrika as he passed but the Familiar waved it off, directing the serpents five heads at Evailn. So this was what he had planned. He was to set loose her own monster on her, and let it wear her down so that he could subject her to his will. Clever, however, Evalin was not alone. A feeling of triumph blossomed in her breast as Evalin looked sideways and called out, "Vino!" but that feeling sudden withered as she noticed the boy was no where to be seen. A sudden hiss brought her back to the present as she stepped back to avoid a strike from one head and ducked under another to roll out of the way to the side. Finding her feet once more she circled back toward the slope, thankful the creatures wits were nearly nonexistent in this state and easily fooled.

As the creature finally turned one head to notice her new position Evailn raised her hand, a command forming on her lips, "Sto--" She felt the tingle of magic rush from her and the sounds of crackling flames just in time to jump to the left and fall flat on her face, a wave of flames passing over her back as she did. The air around her was growing colder, and with a hiss of frustration Evalin rolled right, toward the monster, and avoided the ice shards that buried themselves where she had been just moments before. Pushing her hands beneath her but Evailn rolled backwards to her feet, kneeling down as she found herself cornered, her back to the line of trees, the five headed snake on her left, and a triumphant looking Tsenrika on her right. The Familiar held five more jagged ice shards that floated just over his palm, his other hand was behind his back in a mocking pose as he raised an eyebrow. Threw their link he could hear his mocking voice, The Victory is mine.

Slowly the planned was opening up to Evalin, and she could see every move up to this moment had been planned. Vino was freed to rattle her cage, and it caused Evalin to isolate herself from Aka, her only real defense, in order to come after Tsenrika by herself. He then lead her hear slowly over time, planting instructions in Gresshal to confuse her and send her into the jungle for days until she lost herself. Then, isolated and alone, he revealed himself here and she came like a moth to the flame. Maybe it was because their link was, once more, beginning to open up, but Evailn could see the plan clearly now. Tsenrika stood there in a form that he knew would throw her off, and he used Vino's hunger for vengeance as a tool to disguise his real purpose. He knew Evalin would defeat him, and in doing so give her a false sense of victory. He was counting on Evalin's weakness and her sparing the Dhani. In doing so he created a sacrifice with which to release his beast, and demoralized Evalin at the same time as she realized she had fallen into the real trap without even realizing it. Then, once the monster was released Vino, who already had orders, would turn and flee, eliminating the one pawn Evailn had at her disposal. There was Gresshal, but he was slowly bleeding out and trapped by her own hands. It was perfect, it was genius. It was exactly what she would have done... Its what Evalin would have done.

"Be damned you Tsenrika..."

The Familiar only smiled, nodding his head at the compliment.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Breaking the Ice

Postby Evalin on May 18th, 2014, 1:37 am

She was trapped. She had allowed herself... No, Evalin had fallen completely and utterly into the Familiar's trap. What was worse, was that she knew that the fault was hers and hers alone. It was cunning, it was brilliante, but it was nothing that Evalin could not have foreseen. Evangeline could not have foreseen it, and so it was that Evangeline had fallen prey to her own foolishness.

Evalin lowered her head, the hand on the ground clenched around the green and plants there, as if strangling the life out of them could somehow give her the strength she needed to turn this plan on its head. She ground her teeth, cursed herself and her incompetence. Cursed her Familiar, cursed her actions and her choices. She did now, however, curse Fate. She knew that this was not her doing. The burden was hers and hers alone.

"I can feel it. You are coming to accept the reality of your situation. That is good. Once you are broken I shall remake you as you were always meant to be." Evalin looked up at Tsenrika, her eyes darting to the monster who had halted in its track. Two heads here staring at the Familiar, who held one hand raised, the other three looked at Evalin. It was apparent to Evalin that Tsenrika had taken some time in preparing this. He had set his trap perfectly. He issued his orders and commands so that each one of his servants knew exactly what to do. Gresshal had played his part perfectly, and Evalin had no idea of his intentions until this very moment. Tsenrika had even tamed the monster hidden within Dresskal. No easy feat, and one that even Evalin felt some bit of respect for.

Tsenrika smiled and he extended his other hand toward Evailn, palm up as if to invite her to take it, "Come Evangeline. This can end now. Give authority of our bond to me, and I shall bring you to your true purpose. You will once more become Evalin under my guidance. Come Evangeline," he smiled again, but as before it did not reach his eyes, "I love you, and I want what is best for you."

The words rang in Evalin's ears. Mocking her, and vibrating her very core. Those were the words that started all of this. She remembered, back when they had first arrived in the Jungle. She had asked the Familiar as he floated next to her in that tree 'do you love me?' His response was of course, 'yes, i love you', but she knew it was a lie. She did not feel anything from him when he said it. When Aka said she loved her, Evalin could feel something... deep in her breast. A warmth that was so unlike the heat she was used to. It did not burn her on the inside or scourge her mind to fill it with fury and hate. It made her feel... calm, accepted. Aka made something in her glow. She made her FEEL something she was not used to. When those words passed her lips there was true meaning in them and it brought such joy to Evailn that she nearly could not stand it. When Tsenrika spoke those words... she felt nothing. Nothing at all.

Evalin glared at Tsenrika as she slowly rose to her feet, "Do not mock me. You know nothing of love." She clapped her hands together, calling her res to pour out of her in great waves, distorting the air around her like heatwaves.

Tsenrika's fake smile quickly slipped from his lips, and he lowered his extended hand, "And neither do you, but you fool yourself into thinking otherwise. This life you long for shall never be yours. You cast it off when you took up the mantle of undeath. You threw aside all possibilities of repentance when you took me as your Familiar. Now, I shall do my duty to put you BACK on the path you must walk." He snapped his fingers, and Dresskal began slithering forward once again, all five heads hissing and gnashing needle like teeth as they drooled for the nuits flesh.

Evalin muttered under her breath, her eyes on Tsenrika as she whipped her hands out, calling the res to form a dome around her and set it to spin in a clockwise motion. She could already feel Tsenrika calling on her magic as well as his hands worked in quick gestures. She saw the ice crystals forming around his body, felt the pull on her strength, but it didn't matter.

"Hakin!" The res around her burst into flames, a wall of fire now separating Evalin from her opponents and hiding her from view. However, while Tsenrika could not see her he could feel her intent through their bond and his eyes widened, "STOP! Do not release it!" He frantically tried to pull more res from its source to finish his spell, and then he let loose a barage of icy projectiles toward the wall of flame. The heat of Evalin's rage and hatred, however, was too much and the shards shattered and vanished in a puff of steam even before they reached the center of the storm. He could feel her body changing already. Her strength growing, her power, her hatred flaring higher and higher. It was at once terrifying, and satisfying to the Familiar. In that moment he could feel Evalin hidden within that weak veil that was Evangeline. He could feel his Master beginning to emerge once more. The monster as well seemed to sense it, for it paused in its advance, coiling in on itself as it raised its heads.

"Be damned this world. Be damned this life. Be damned all of this which would take from me what is rightfully mine. Know you not who I am Tsenrika?" The call was both mental and verbal, and the strength resonating from them made him take an involuntary step back. From where he was trapped on the Ground Gresshal gritted his teeth. His mark was flaring from the creature hidden by the fire. It responded to it, and longed to be near it. It was crushing, and even from this distance Gresshal felt the urge to bow before the Wretched creature he knew was inside.

The flames slowed their speeds, and between the gaps a figure began to take shape. It stood seven feet talk, the upper half a well developed woman's torso, the lower half a powerful stallion whose hooves kneed the ground in eagerness. The fire whipped over Evalin's purple skin as she pulled the remaining res back to her body, taking it in once more and, with an absent flick of her hand extinguished the remaining flames. She stood in her Wretched form, great ram horns curling back over her ears. Long black nails on her fingers and magical markings crossing her body. Red eyes glared at Tsenrika as she stepped forward, baring pointed teeth, "I am the Immortal Witch Evailn, Sorceress of Flame and Shadow. I am your Master, and now I shall put you back in your place. Pathetic worms such as you have no hope of defeating me."

Wretched One Form

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Breaking the Ice

Postby Evalin on May 18th, 2014, 4:21 am

The Monster hesitated a tick, but after shaking free of whatever held it at bay it slithered forward once more, all five heads opening mouths wide to hiss. One head, the middle, struck out at Evalin's side, intent clear. Evalin glanced in annoyance at the beast and then her hand moved with lightning speed, cracking against the creature's skull just before it's teeth could reach her flesh. There was the sound of cracking bones and the head snapped backwards with such force teh rest of its body followed, falling backwards as its four remaining heads twisted and writhed in confusion, snapping at one another as they tried to right themselves once more.

Turning her head as she felt her magic pulled once more Evalin casually stepped aside as another icy barrage sailed past her, "You give yourself too much credit Evangeline," he said, his arms gesturing as his next spell rose to his fingertips, "You are not Evalin, and while you may have her power you cannot use it as she would. You are weaker. You are the truly pathetic one here." Lightning ripped from his fingertips as he finished, his feet planted to handle the knockback as the thunderous boom shook the trees and scared the birds from their roost.

Evalin was already expecting the spell. She could feel it as it built, should could sense his intent and taste the flavor of the magic on her tongue the moment he chose to perform it. This she had already gathered her res into the palms of her hands. Her right hand she pushed forward, the left she pulled back to her side, attracting the air into a current which she swirled faster and faster. The res in her right hand she used to pull on the lightning just as Tsenrika had done before, letting it act as a lightning rod to collect the charge. Turning her body she pulled the lightning to the side, gathering up its energy as she thrust her left hand forward, pushing the air out in its circular pattern as she changed the res within into flame. The fire responded to the rotating air, becoming larger the farther it got from her body until it was a virtual tornado of heat and flame.

Tsenrika, clever as he believed himself to be, hid himself behind a wall of water drafted from res, pulling from their shared supply, weakening them both with every spell, but for the moment Evalin could not worry about that. To her left the monster was regaining its wits, rising once more to try and stroke at Evalin just as it had before. Gritting her teeth Evalin turned so that her back was to the creature, and as it drew near she kicked out with her back legs, throwing every ounce of strength in those appendages into the creature's chest and sending it bodily into the air so that it craxhed several feet away, bones snapping upon impact. Then, swinging her intercourse around so that she faced the beast she cut off the flames and threw the gathered lightning at the wall of water, her attention now turning to the snake, though out of the corner of her eye she saw, as well as felt, the Familiar's realization of what was happening as he rolled to the side, falling and sliding down the slope to avoid the lightning as its effects would only be increased by his defensive measures.

With both hands free Evalin clapped her hands over her head, pulling res there as she lept in one bound to stand over the monster. It tried to raise itself up, but the broken bones and torn ligaments were making it difficult, and the middle head rolled uselessly with every movement. Still, it shifted and managed to raise itself up slightly but was crushed back into the ground when Evalin reared and slammed her two front hooves into its upper body where the 5 necks connected. The res in her hands elongated, growing in size until it was as nearly 4 feet in length and as thick as both of Evalin's forearms. Then ice began to spread from the center out to the tips until, in her hands, Evalin held a spear of pure ice that glittered in the light. Growling under her breath Evalin slammed this makeshift weapon into the center of the creatures 'chest', right between her front hooves, pinning to the beast to the ground. There was no blood of course, and this would by no means kill the beast, but it would stall it for a time.

Stepping back Evalin then lept over the thrashing body of the serpent, galloping around toward Gresshal, pausing just a moment to blast a stream of fire in Tsenrika's direction to make him dodge once more before slamming one fist into the stone that bound the Dhani. The rock spit easily, crumbling to nothing as Evalin touched her servants shoulder, "Rise and fight with me."

Gresshal grunted, finally able to move he collected his coils beneath him, his right arm holding his bleeding left one as he looked up at Evalin, "You crazy bitch. I knew you were a monster." He spat on the ground at her feet.

Evalin grinned, showing all of her teeth, and was pleased when the Dhani flinched, "Entertain my foolish Familiar for a chime or two. I have other matters to attend." and with that Evalin turned, bounding around the clearing back to where she had entered. Looking back she saw Gresshal slithering toward Tsenrika who was only just now gathering his feet, but she could feel a spell already brewing. To her right she saw Dresskal writhing on the ground, fighting for freedom, and the ice was already beginning to crack. Leaning down, Evalin picked up her staff and brushed off the dirt that had collected in it. The item felt small in her hands now, but that was to be expected given the size of this form. The power it held was... intoxicating, but it always came at a price. Her body was decaying as she stood there, and she could feel the craving building more and more. She could not hold this for long, but maybe it would be just long enough.

Holding the staff in both hands Evalin closed her eyes, pulling her mind to that image that was etched forever in her subconscious. She imagined the double circle with 16 smaller circles that were held between them. The shape of the square overlaying the triangular pattern to stabilize the portal she was about to create, and finally the coordinates to Zaiden lept to fill those 16 circles, finishing off the image in its entirety.

Evalin had done this countless times over the years, but it never grew any less exciting. She opened her eyes and hissed as she slapped the staff on the ground, fire exploding from its tip to carve the image in flame and scorch marks, burning it into the very ground around her. The circle was nearly 6 feet in diameter, and as Evalin stepped outside of it she pricked her thumb on the staff's sharp edge, letting the drop of ichor fall on the outer perimeter of the summoning circle. There was a rushing sound, like a hundred water falls as djed began to stream from the outer rim. Lights flashed and there was a feeling of electricity in the air as the swirling energy converged on the tiny focus circle in the center. There the energy dipped inward into the ground, opening up into a new world entirely.

Evalin looked up to see Gresshal flicking his large tail at Tsenrika, following it up with a punch that would level a human and crush bones if it connected. The Familiar however countered with a sudden wall of ice that shattered to absorb the impact as he fell backwards, rolling to his feet to send two fireballs at the Dhani. Gresshal already held several burns, and shards of ice stuck out of his tail here and there, but still by some miracle he was still alive. Evalin might earn a new level of appreciation for the constrictor after this day, if he lived to see another. She could feel Tsenrika through their bond now. His frustration which did not cloud his judgement was aimed toward her as he fought to find a way to stop this, but with Gresshal bearing down on him he had little time to think let alone counter Evalin's own magic. Looking to the right she saw a large crack appear along the ice spear's surface as Dresskal writhed and jerked, whipping his tail at the ice again and again until it finally shattered, allowing him to wriggle off and begin to right himself.

It did not matter now, however, because now from the portal a big, meaty hand as large as Evalin's chest grasped the side of the portal. Then another, much smaller hand grasped the other as they both pulled to bring up the rest of their body. The form that rose out of the hole was just under six feet tall, his head small and bald and covered in knobs. His face was lopsided, and there was nearly no neck to connect it to his large, round body. Its gut was bulbus, and he was nearly as wide as he was tall. So great was his fat that he did not need the flimsy loincloth to cover the place between his legs. In its hand it held what looked like a leg bone from a large creature. Turning its dull eyes on Evalin the Diverse opened its flabby mouth, "What does witchling want...?"

Evalin smiled and pointed at the monster that had finally righted itself, and began slithering toward them, "Take care of that thing, and if you live you can take it back as a trophy."

"Yus m'um" Even his words sounded fat to Evalin as the Diverse waddled toward the monster, djed cascading down his body like water as he exited onto land. As Dresskal neared he raised his heads, all five now back though the middle one's jaw was cooked. The Deverse grunted as he swung his makeshift club, cracking into all five heads in one blow and sending it toppling to the side, but Evalin did not watch any more than that.

It was too much, the Wretched form was taking too much out of her and she needed all of her strength for this final conflict. SO she let herself begin to shift once more, her bones cracking as she began to shrink, losing mass and regaining her normal pale skin until, two chimes later, she stood in her human form once more, naked and exposed to the world as she leaned heavily on her staff. Had she been alive she would have heaved and gasped for air, her body would surely have broken down and she would have lost consciousness, but then Evalin was not human. She was something more. She was...

She shook her head and started forward, her eyes locked on Tsenrika as she prepared to discipline the Familiar for his arrogance.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Breaking the Ice

Postby Evalin on May 19th, 2014, 4:13 am

Evalin's body surely hated her, if it could feel such things. So much magic divided between two beings, such abuse, and then to take on her Wretched form and finally open a portal to another world, which she still held open even now. It all grew more than even this immortal could bear. Now it seemed that it was only force of will that held her on her feat. That fierce desire to subdue this Familiar who had grown too arrogant and in his pride thought he could overthrow his master. What a fool he was... Or perhaps, she was the fool. Had she not let it get this far? Could she not have stopped it before it reached this point? Now Evalin could only wonder. Perhaps... Perhaps all of this, was her own doing.

Biting her lip Evalin forced down such thoughts. It was not the time for that. Tsenrika still insisted on playing these games, and like a child he needed to be punished and reminded who he was and what he owed her. Several paces away Gresshal struck out with his tail once more, trying to wrap Tsenrika and stop his movements, but the Familiar was not to be so easily fooled. Around him spikes of ice erupted, stabbing into flesh and spouting blood as the Dhani hissed and pulled back, coiling once more to attack with a different tactic. The Familiar's eyes were no longer on Gresshal anymore, however. His Master, THE Master, approached and she demanded all attention to be on her.

Gresshal made to slither forward, but with a wave Evalin commanded, "Leave him be. Your task is complete. Return to the nest now and speak of this to no one." Her eyes were locked on Tsenrika's, and the Familiar on her's. He slowly lowered his hands, folding them behind his back as Evalin straightened and held her staff loosely in one hand.

"It'sss about damn time. Don't bother coming for me again. I want nothing to do with either of you." he hissed, baring his fangs and turning. Blood covered him and dripped from his injured hand. New injuries marked his body as well, making in quite the sight, but Evalin had not the time to be concerned with such things. Now it came, that moment when all of this would be settled.

As Gresshal slithered from the clearing the thick cry of the Diverse drew Evalin's attention back over her shoulder, though she needn't have done that for, she noticed, she could see through Tsenrika's eyes once more. Through his vision, tinted blue, she saw Dresskal rip off the larger arm, and toss it aside before biting deep into the Diverse's substantial gut. Blood and gore spilled out, and the creature fell. As the life slipped out of it the link that bound him to the portal also evaporated, and with a sudden snap the bond to the portal was broken and it closed with a whooshing sound.

"It seems your last piece has fallen. A pity."

"He has served his purpose." Evalin responded, looking back at the Familiar. Her voice was even, void of emotion. No, not only her voice. Evalin felt nothing for the creature. He was just a tool, and tools were mean to be sacrificed. Through the Familiar's eyes she saw the monster snake shudder, its skin rippling as it began to change back to its less monstrous self, "He rid me of an annoyance. Now that we are alone, I shall settle this."

The Familiar raised an eyebrow, "Is that so? You're arrogance knows no bounds. I sense how the trials have weakened you. Magic has nearly slipped from your grasp entirely." despite his words Evalin could feel that the same could be said for him as well. His link to her power was also strained, and because of their bond she knew he felt ever bit of pain and weariness she did. Though perhaps he hid it better than than Evalin, "You have lost your claim to mastery over this bond. You have defiled our contract and shown such weakness as I never would have suspected from you. You are an unfit master, and so you should subjugate yourself to my rule so that you can achieve your goals." He began walking forward, slowly, hands still clasped behind his back.

"Do not underestimate the Immortal Witch. I have power to spare, and more than enough will to bring you within my control once more." She stepped forward once more, her staff clacking on the ground as she went. Her free hand she used to push back a stray hair behind her ear before setting it on her hip in mock superiority, "You are my familiar. I called you to this world to achieve my goals. Goals which I have held for centuries longer than you. Only I can achieve them, and need I not your 'guidance' to achieve them."

"Is that so?" Tsenrika inquired, stopping at arms length from Evalin, "Perhaps as Evalin such words would be true. But as Evangeline they are but false bravado. You are destined to fail as you are, but what strikes me is how blind you have been to your own failings."

Stopping a half step closer Evalin's lips turned down, "You know nothing of me then, for I have seen my failings clearly. All these years I have yearned and pined for something I could not put into words, and only once I had it did I finally understand that my actions were foolish. Hate and revenge... Such things are a cancer that shall destroy us. I of my own will chose to try and abandon that which I was before as it was beginning to tear me apart."

Evalin was not prepared for the hand that suddenly grabbed her throat, his grip like iron as he pulled her a mere breath from his nose before roaring down at her, "YOU THREW AWAY YOURSELF FOR THE ILLUSION OF FREEDOM!!" His teeth gritted in frustration, his brows knotted together as his face became such a mask of fury that even Evalin flinched slightly, "You forgot who you were and clung to a lie that suddenly presented itself! You think you are in LOVE? No, my Master Evailn is not so foolish to believe such a lie."

He pushed her back with enough force to put her on her butt, her staff fell from her hands and, slightly stunned, Evailn could only look up in surprise at the Familiar. Tsenrika stood over her, his fists clenched as he glared down at her with those blue reflective eyes, "You fell from your throne and lost yourself in weakness, and I so loyal as I was allowed you to take comfort in musings of love and loss, certain that soon Evalin would emerge to realize how ridiculous such things were." he shook his head and crouched down, taking Evalin's chin in his hand and forcing her to look up fully in his face, "A moment a weakness, such you are allowed to have but with me alone. To show it to others is folly as I have warned you time and time again. You open your heart to a mortal and they shall fill it with the weakness of the living. Love? A chain that binds you to that person and makes you subjected to their whims. Were you not treated like a pet? A slave? A beast? Did she not play with you and use you as she saw fit? Did you not LET her?" He demanded, his grip tightening on her chin but she could not speak, "I was forced to watch my Master, she who conquered hundreds before, be laid bare and naked for a CHILD who knows as little about herself as she does about you. Yet still my foolish master felt she owed something to her, and gave her EVERYTHING that was special about her. Gave that GIRL everything that was to be shared only with me." He released her chin and stood, leaning down over Evalin, "Am I NOT your Familiar? Am I not he who holds your darkest secrets? Am I not he who anchors you to this world and keeps your sanity when the darkness threatens to overwhelm you? Of what need have you of LOVE when you have I who have given you my very soul and pledged myself to your serves? Yet still you cast me aside for an illusion, and the illusion changed you and took away my Master and replaced her with something despicable. Something I cannot bear to look at for she shames the name Evailn."

The was of emotion through the bond was almost too much to handle, and Evalin trembled with the heat of anger and fury in the Familiar. He was hurt, disgusted, and ashamed of what he saw sitting before him. The emotions grew and grew, washing over her in waves such that they made Evalin rock and her mind shudder. How had he kept this from her? How he he kept these emotions hidden from her for so long? It made no sense, they were liked and she knew her own emotions flowed freely through the bond. She could hide nothing from him, but now... now it was like she was finally seeing Tsenrika for all that he was.

Evalin's mouth opened and closed a couple times, but she could not bring the words to her lips. Tsenrika straightened, folding his arms behind his back and while his face was once more a mask the flooding emotions did not stop, "I could not bear to see my Master changed in such a way. I knew that Evalin, the TRUE Evalin would hate herself for what she had become, and it was for my Master's sake that I seek to wrench you from the grasp of this toxic place. You can never love another being. That is how it is now, and the more you try the greater your suffering will become."

Had she really changed so much? Evalni shook her head, pulling her knees to her chest as she clutched her head, eyes wide as she tried to comprehend it. Had it really been so? But how had she been before? Biting her lip she looked up, her eyes searching Tsenrika's, "But here... here I found what I always wanted. A closeness with someone that never I have had before. Tenderness... love..."

"She will die." Evalin Flinched, "And you will be left alone again, but this time the pain will be far greater for the time you spent with her. Chains will bind you to her forever as memories haunt your eternity. Ties will bind you to this land in ways it should not, and you shall be hindered by these experiences. Do not pretend you do not know it is so." She could disagree, yet still...

"But is that not what I have done all of this for... For the chance to live?"

"No..." Tsenrika said slowly, "You have done all that you have done to end the greatest evil in this world. You have done all you have done to end Fate and his cruelty in this world. Never has this been for yourself, but for the greater good of the world you wish to free. This goal, this great purpose, you cannot achieve if you continue to bind yourself so needlessly."

Pulling at her hair Evalin pressed her forehead against her knees, squeezing her eyes shut as if that would block out the reality of the world. She did not want this. she did not want to hear the truth that she knew came from Tsenrika's mouth. She hated it. She hated it. She hated it!

"Damn... Be damned you Fate... Because of you, I can... c-can never be close. I can never love, because I must destroy you to end the evil your bring to this world."

"Yes..." Tsenrika's voice softened and the raging emotions began to slow to a steady trickle. They were lighter now, gone was the raging fury to be replaced by cold drops that... felt soothing on Evalin's tattered soul, "My Master has a greater purpose that must be fulfilled, and because of this she must sacrifice... However, if you desire closeness then I shall give it to you." Evalin opened her eyes and looked up in surprise as Tsenrika leaned closer, "And if you desire love, I shall grant it to you. In this way, you will not be chained or hindered in anyway."

There was no words for the feeling welling within Evailn. It wasn't love. That feeling was far too simple and easily understood. It was something deeper. A closeness, a tenderness, a rising storm of compassion and happiness and joy mixed with sorrow and hate and fury. Like every emotion Evalin had ever felt wrapped in one that bounded between Evalin and Tsenrika through their link. The Familiar clearly felt it as well for his eyes widened slightly, but his surprise only grew as Evalin stood and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to whisper, her lips inches from his, "Very well. Tsenrika, my dear Tsenrika... Heart of my heart, my other half, I command you as your master... To love me until the end of our days."

Blinking slowly Tsenrika almost smiled, "As my master commands."

Then Evalin pulled him down at let her cold lips press against his equally cold one's, and she deepened the kiss as she pressed herself closer and closer to his body. The feelings within continued to rise, spreading out and filling her, filling THEM until their cup nearly overflowed. She could not stop her body, her soul from reaching out to the Familiar, to entwine so completely with his. She wanted to be closer, wanted to be together and as she kissed with more passion than she had ever held with Aka she wished it, the one thought throbbing through their bond to resonate between them both completely, Please... let us be one.

Cold then flooded her senses, and suddenly it was not within her that she felt Tsenrika, it was all around her. She was cold, freezing like the northern winds, but it did not bother her because there was a warmth in her soul that let her ignore whatever chill faced her physical body. Everything felt... perfect. Tsenrika would be with her forever. He would love her unconditionally. He would give her the close companionship she had always desired. Then, the oddest thing happened... IN her heart Evalin felt the fires of her rage, of her hatred, die down. Anger was wiped from her to be replaced with cold and ice and calm. Her mind felt sharper, her soul felt so fresh and clear like a flowing stream in winter.

I... Feel... Evalin reached out for Tsenrika, but he was already there, I know.

As the sensations began to lesson Evalin slowly opened her eyes... but what she saw was... She blinked and realized she could SEE everything. The world around her, in front, behind, behind. She could see everything whether or not her eyes were opened or not. She looked down at her hands and what she saw made her gasp. Her skin... it was smooth and reflected the world around it like Tsenrika's did in his natural form. She turned as something flashed by her vision, but the nuit realised that this was a meaningless gesture because she could see perfectly without moving at all. Her body had changed, somehow... Ice crystals floated around her, and from her back sprouted what looked like crystal wings that sparkled when they caught the light. The thing that had flashed past her vision had been a blue orb, similar to Tsenrika's natural form but smaller, and there were two others that all orbited around her. If she focused she could connect to these as well and see all reflected in their surface, and in this way Evalin caught a glipse of her new form. She looked like she was made of ice and glittered in the fading light, but around her she could not see Tsenrika.

I am here. She did not hear his voice. It was more like she felt him, everywhere. He was a part of her, completing her, It seems we have become one being... Strange yet... somehow not unpleasant.

Evalin smiled and laughed, leaning her head back to look up at the sky. She marveled at all she saw, all that she felt. She felt cold, but not in an uncomfortable way. She felt cool and calm, like the world were simple once more. The fires that burned before were still there, but they were tempered by Tsenrika now. He was her guiding light, her guardian, her...

Evalin reached up and touched her lips. They were smooth and somehow hard, like ice. She remembered the kiss, the feelings that passed, and she shook her head slowly, the smile did not fade. She could not help it. The joy, the content happiness...

"Yes..." she said slowly. Her voice echoed slightly, "Not unpleasant at all..."

Released Form

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Breaking the Ice

Postby Traverse on May 20th, 2014, 7:03 pm

Evalin and Tsenrika
(A joined entity)

Experience:

• Acrobatics 2
  • Endurance 5
  • Familiary 5
  • Intimidation 2
  • Persuasion 3
  • Reimancy 5
  • Rhetoric 5
  • Summoning 1

Lores:

• Tsenrika: A Final Confrontation
  • Seeing the Whole of Tsenrika's Plan
  • Evangeline vs. Evalin: A Battle of Minds
  • Achieving Released Form

Consequences:

As a result of severe magical overgiving, Evalin's body will begin to decay rapidly 24 bells after this event takes place. She will have 3 days to find a new body before this one completely degrades (four days total).

Another result of this thread is the loss of one of Evalin's followers, you can choose which one, just let me know. All of them went through serious injuries and mental fatigue as a result of this confrontation, as a result one of them will fall prey to either injuries, insanity, or simply the jungle wilds.

Additional Notes :
Well goodness this was a severely intense thread with a lot of XP netted. There were a lot of possible lores I could have thrown out for the reimancy techniques and such, if you're desperately seeking some shoot me a PM, since this thread was as much mental as physical I focused on the overall result of the thread with them.

I really loved this thread, it was clear you had an awesome time writing it and it was great reveal for Evalin's released form. I was really unsure of how it was all going to end as well, you kept the end result a real mystery until the last post and it was just great great writing on all accounts.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)