Solo Heated Preparation

Lenz practices more with her newly discovered fire element

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Heated Preparation

Postby Lenz on June 1st, 2014, 4:59 am

5th of Summer, 514 AV

Does your memory defy you to recall the turn of events presented to you previous to now?

The voice had been seething in her ear for the past few days none stop. She was becoming fed up with its nocturnal outbursts and rude remarks. She didn’t know how to block it out. It practically shouted at her at times, demanding to be heard, understood and responded to.

“I see not why that matters,” she retorted, glaring inwardly at whatever beasts might lay beneath.

One day, not long before today, Lenz had struggled to maintain some sense of sanity. She was repulsed by the burn mark on her hand. She was disgusted at what she had let herself become. Her hair was now ratty, the colour stained from weeks of dirt. Her hands were filthy, covered in detritus from several days of unhygienic activities.

She had become such a hazard to herself, such a disgraceful creature, that she had took it upon herself to teach herself some manners, the little she knew that was.

She had taken a glance at her skin. She could see her pores, swollen and filled with specks of black debris. She had taken her skin in between two elongated nails and had pulled. She scratched, clawed and ripped at her flesh until it bled.

The grotesqueness inside fled out in thick waves of scarlet materials. She was left with a subtle pain radiating up her arms and into her chest, but a strong feeling of accomplishment draped itself across her shoulders with the chilling comfort it often provided.

She felt numb soon after this exercise. Her mind had succumbed itself to involuntary seclusion. She no longer felt the pain, the lust and the longing for those which she did not have. She couldn’t feel anything but her heart beating within the cavities of her solar-plex.

At one moment she had morbid realisations. An idea had formed inside her malevolent mind, the set it was currently controlled to dark and ominous, yet she listened to it every waking moment of the day.

What if I were to end my suffering? she had thought for the millisecond it took the idea to rise to the surface. She pushed it back down, subjecting herself to more probable causes. She needed to maintain her life the way it was.

She might have lost everything and was suffering drastically for it in result, but she had aspirations to succeed to, whatever they may be.

You speak to me as though you have no memory of the day, the voice persisted.

Lenz sighed and rubbed her temples with her index fingers. “I won’t speak to you if you threaten me with your tenaciousness.”

It was clearly outlined, her mood. She was in no way willing to accept arguments, for whatever the outcome presented itself as, she would indeed win.

It was treason, her mind constantly working against her, yet she prevailed each and every day with new intentions each morning and disquieting depictions every night. She couldn’t help herself. She couldn’t be saved, but did that deter her to struggle through the endless bells of each season? No, it did not.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Words: 528134
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 9:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Heated Preparation

Postby Lenz on June 2nd, 2014, 2:43 am

She sought out any curve she could find, digging her toes into the sands of despair and anchoring her heart to the void of depression. She was stuck in between the cylinder of emotions too unkind for any living person to have to face, but she kept herself afloat amidst the sea of tears.

It was philosophical in the best sense, but she could care less. What was the truth needed no explanation. It was given to her on a silver platter, but she did not dine. It was handed to her by kings and queens, but she could care less to bow.

She was a survivor, a lonely one, but alas, she was surviving.

She no longer saw people through the eyes of an ignorant young woman. She saw them through glassy orbs handed down to her from events of loss and betrayal, treachery and remorse. She didn’t care about what other people dealt with.

Sometimes she even laughed.

However, her past continued to haunt her. It persisted, writing in her bones like a creature feeding off of the little flesh she had left. She hadn’t eaten much since the child’s death. She had lost much weight, feigning a stoic face every time she passed by someone on the streets.

Her past was evil, preventing her from creating a life of happiness for herself. Every time she cast her eyes on a baby, she growled. She could swear her pupils dilate and her irises transmute their colour into blood red spheres each time an infant was caught in her line of sight.

The times she found a child, she hissed. She watched them play, pout, cry and fester under the wing of their parents if they had any. She watched their happiness through auras and judgmental fields of visions and each time she watched one as though she were a hawk, she would spit in distaste.

She had new priorities, new standards, and new aspects to life. Since she lost so much, others didn’t deserve the things she no longer had. This included not only infants and children but mothers and lovers as well.

When she spotted two couples from a distance she didn’t dare let a tear slip from the hollow claws of her eyes lashes. She curled her lip and seethed aloud, shooting imaginary arrows from her hazel orbs.

When she saw a mother of any sort, whether she be with a child or with a young son or alone and miserable, Lenz would scoff and frown deeply.

The world was cruel and incredibly daft. She couldn’t take watching other people do whatever they wished to do. Looking at smiles brought an ache to her heart and soul, and this was not to be acceptable in any case whatsoever.

You’re pathetic.

“And you will perish in the anguish of my repugnance if you do not quiet your speech,” she barked, rolling her eyes and falling to the floor. She landed on her rear relatively hard but ignored the pain.

She neglected to give the voice any more attention. She would pursue her next actions for herself and only for herself. There would be no distractions as she dwelled in the state of pleasure and control.

She sighed, before proceeding to breathe in deeply. She held this breath for a few seconds before letting it expel out her nostrils. She released all the raging thoughts that were held captive in her mind and browsed through the emptiness of silence.

She breathed in again, trying to distinguish the sounds of waves, anything to calm herself down. She maintained a seated posture, her left leg folded prominently over the right. Her back was straight, yet arched slightly as to prevent cramping.

Let the games begin.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Heated Preparation

Postby Lenz on June 2nd, 2014, 2:45 am

She closed her eyes and continued to breathe in and out. Her focus was fully on the oxygen that went into and left out her mouth. It hummed between her teeth and caressed her tongue with the coldness it possessed.

She continued to meditation for a few more moments, throwing in some additional humming and counting before sticking out her left foot and then her right. Before she knew it, she was standing, her arms held out in front of her, with her eyes open to their fullest extent.

What are you proposing to do? it asked, but Lenz paid it no mind. She was stuck in her own world of vast knowledge and inspiration.

Nothing could divert the peace that swarmed inside her brain that very moment.

She was going to try something new, something special and inventive, something she had never attempted to try until now.

She smirked as she hiked up her left hand, palm exposed to the sky. She waited patiently, feeding the Djed inside of her with will. She created a path, hearing it, tasting it, envisioning it as it passed through her veins, across her body, into her skin until it fled into her palm in the shape of a sphere.

She gazed at it, her smirk growing wider with interest and intrigue. Her eyes glazed over, but her mind remained without cloud, nor fog.

She leant forward, using her other hand to bend the shape of the Djed. She stretched it at both ends, transforming it into a long string of Djed.

She mustered up more strength of her Djed, waiting for it to conjure up into her palm. It reunited with the rest of its kind, cowering over the other Djed with much appreciated humility. She blinked slowly, drawing her span of attention further into the depth of creativity.

Soon, she was twerking the appearance of the res, manifesting a shape that resembled much like a strand of rope. She took only a moment to recuperate before building up an enraged passion, forcing it to ignite the res.

Nothing happened at first, but she didn’t give up, her composure never faltering. This was to be expected, for she was still very new to the concept of fire.

She focused her concentration fully onto the task at hand, willing the Djed to be commanded by her inwardly spoken words.

She strained her eyes, her mind blazing with demands. She closed her eyes and then opened them, thrusting her emotions into her practice.

It flashed, it simmered, it glowed and all of those insinuated desire in the woman as she practiced. One end of the rope of burning res was hovering in between her closed grip. It was a handle, and she labelled the other end the whip.

You have coloured me impressed. This is valuable. This is indeed potent for your future in this act of magic.

“Indeed it shall be, will it not?”

I digress when I suggest tactics to be used upon your enemies?

“I need not wonder about such inessential things at this time. Quiet yourself, as I have commanded before. Allow me to focus as I aim to achieve techniques.”

Everything became silent. The wilderness she was standing in made no noise, causing her to feel truly and utterly alone. Her head maintained its clarity as she was posed with the inevitable enemy of loneliness.

Serenity was cast upon her like a veil, but it was short lived, such as everything was becoming to the woman.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Heated Preparation

Postby Lenz on June 3rd, 2014, 6:44 am

Rage bubbled up inside of her as she glared at the nearest tree. Why was she all alone? Why had she been deprived of love and companionship? Why has her entire life been destroyed, shattered due to unfortunate events involving broken hearts and corrupted minds?

She narrowed her eyes and lowered her head so that she had to peer out from behind her eyebrows. She raised her upper lip, a snarl escaping and plastering itself onto the upper corners of her mouth.

Foul breath, the putrefaction that dragged her around like a crazy wench flowed out her mouth in the form of a hiss.

She grimaced as she brought her arm back, creating momentum as she struck her hand downwards. The fiery whip came crashing into a tree, smiting it as though it were a hammer from the gods above. It elicited a loud booming sound, reverberating through the woman’s ears and causing her to stumble backwards a few feet.

“How dare you to cause me to lose my balance!” she shouted to no one in particular. “How dare you!”

With the anger that had just formed within her, she used it, shifted it and transmuted it into her Djed. She was draining at a semi-quick pace, but she didn’t falter.

She tried again, willing more Djed to form into the state of res. It fed off of the flames as she propelled her arm behind her again and then forced it forward.

She lost control and it sprang from her grasp as it came plummeting into the nearest tree. The flames licked the bark off the tree, charring the wood as it crackled upon impact. She watched with wide eyes before needing to dodge to the left to avoid being burned.

She blinked rapidly, observing what she had just done. Her stomach tingled and her head buzzed with accomplishment, whether she had succeeded triumphantly or not. It was a brave attempt at trying a new technique and it gave her pleasure to maintain some amount of control for any short of time.

She smiled, beams radiating off her cheeks. They could have blinded someone positioned only mere feet from her, but alas, she was all alone out in the middle of the barren fields of trees.

The leaves of the tree demolished. They disintegrated as the fiery substance chewed them up, gnawing at the edges until they disappeared entirely, leaving only ashes as a reminder of the memoriam.

Lenz curled herself into a tight ball, wallowing silently in the defeat that overwhelmingly enveloped her. She was displaced into a somber mood, the emotions she swam in threatening to drown her in their waking presence.

It has died. The voice had returned without warning and most certainly without a simple invitation. It was not welcome, nor had it ever been since the woman had started to hear its enchanting tone.

“What you say is infallibly true,” she agreed, rolling to her knees and wiping the tears from her cheeks.

They weren’t going to be marring her flawless flesh today and she would strive to keep that personal vow at least for now.

Your meaning…

“My meaning has had no impact on me. I remain the same person I have always been,” she countered defensively. She was defiant and adamant about posing herself as such. She could be rather stubborn at times at this wasn’t shown lightly.

This statement is without truth.

“Elaborate, you foul beast of my inner being.”

However, a part of her wished not to hear what the daemon had to say.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Heated Preparation

Postby Lenz on June 3rd, 2014, 6:46 am

Why the necessity for clarification? It was evidently defined. What occurred last spring has changed you into a worse image of yourself. It has condemned you to the eternal servitude of your inner daemons, such as I. Care for me to carry on in more detailed explanation?

Lenz’s body stiffed dramatically. Her curly locks of blood red shades fell in front of her face, giving shadow to her eyes, creating them to appear demonic in nature.

They narrowed, her pupils growing larger. Her eyebrows arched down and her mouth retained all sense of emotional behavior. It was a straight line in between her upper and bottom lip

“I forbid you to mention any more of such an appalling day.”

I was only trying-

“Enough!” she shouted, snapping her head up.

She raised her left hand, curling it into a tight fist as she did. She mustered up the rest of the strength she possessed as she commanded more Djed to flow to her hand.

She noticed it filling her arteries, hovering gently underneath the walls of her skin. Finally, it projected itself as a shield, covering her hand with its essence.

She stared at it for a moment, witnessing a flicker of pain which in term set the entire mass of res into flames.

She made sure she didn’t burn her hand by making the res hover above slightly above, yet still cover it completely.

In the end, she had created a glove of flames of sorts. Then, she pointed it at the imagery that played in front of her eyes, palm up and mind determined to demand wrath onto its face.

The creature she spoke to each and every day stood several yards in front of her, her imagination portraying an ethereal aura of stark black shade to surround it. She focused her energy and forced the glove of sparks to leave her hand and fly across the forest.

Without a doubt, it missed, flowing right through the imaginary fiend. She frowned, lowering her head to reclaim her intimidating composure, her hair falling in front of her eyes of which had turned to slits again.

“I loathe you. Our meeting was involuntary, yet you do not depart from my company. Why is this so?” she inquired, pivoting on her foot in terms of escaping the disaster she had just created.

She exited the wilderness, leaving behind no sign of her being there. She left no mark, no tell that would give her away to the world.

Sure, there was fire still blazing on a tree many yards behind, but there were a vast amount of suggestions, a multitude of assumptions that could direct everyone’s pondering elsewhere.

She was of no concern and she liked to keep it that way. She had trained herself; she had become one with the shadows ever since she had lost someone to the shadows. These shadows were the dark silhouettes of a human’s mind. They were the pitch to the black of the corners in an individual’s soul.

You suspect I do not deride your existence as well? Lenz could hear the voice scoffing at her from the distance of which is was drifting. You’d be mistaken had you done so.

The woman tilted her head to the side and rolled her eyes, heightening her gait until she was barely under the pace of jogging.

Finally she arrived back at her tent. She didn’t go inside; she didn’t do anything but stare at it. She hadn’t slept there since the child’s death, for she had been afraid to.

Why do you not entre?

She ignored it, and instead turned on the balls of her feet, heading west. She had other plans that didn’t involve preventing memories to flow freely. They were receding at the moment and she’d like to keep it that way for as long as she was allowed.

Pathetic girl.

She traipsed into town with her head held high.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Heated Preparation

Postby Ablation on June 18th, 2014, 10:49 pm

Grade Awarded!

Lenz :
Skills

Skill Points
Philosophy +3
Meditation +2
Reimancy: Fire +3

Lores

✦Physical State Affects Mental Acuity
    ✦Reimancy Technique: Glove of Fire
    ✦Reimancy Technique: Fire Whip

Comments

Very dark and internal read. I was a little confused by what she was doing with the whip. Was it made out of fire? How was the handle made? You don't have any Reimancy: Fire skill so I was a little confused where that came from. However, I thoroughly enjoyed reading her experiences with the fiery discipline! It was very reflective of her mood hehe.

Please don't be afraid to PM me with any questions ^-^ and please don't forget to remove your grading request from the list.

Thanks to Alia for the exquisite template!

Ablation
Retired Staff

Words: 276726
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2014, 9:22 pm
Race: Staff account
Office