Total noob

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Total noob

Postby Saorsa on June 3rd, 2014, 4:36 am

Hello!
Ive roleplayed for a few years on twitter(dont judge too fast, it used to be a really cool place to roleplay) but in the last year its sort of taken a dive so I decided to try and branch out and I found this place! I love roleplaying but Im used to a very different format. On twitter you have very limited chracters so you keep your response as short as you can. Im not very sure how to roleplay in post form, everyones responses look so long! I dont understand how such a long post give the other person a space to react to your actions...
Sorry if I sound really stupid Im just a bit overwhelmed by this, I really want to learn though, it looks super fun. :)
Saorsa
Player

Words: 260
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2014, 4:09 am
Race: Human, Inarta

Total noob

Postby Serenity Kora on June 3rd, 2014, 4:48 am

Hi Saorsa!
Welcome to Mizahar! We hope you enjoy it here. It may seem a bit confusing at first and is a bucket load of reading, but it is super fun :)

Some good places to start making your character are:

-Things You Need To Know
-Starting Guide
-Starting Package
-Skill Guide
-Character Sheets Forum
I'm going to be away for the next couple of days, so sorry in advance to anyone this affects :)
Serenity Kora
Player

Words: 12442
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2014, 9:20 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Total noob

Postby Ball on June 3rd, 2014, 10:14 am

Welcome.

Twitter is a fast paced game forum based rpgs are a far slower more indepth thread posting system. don't expect short posts and immediate responses. and like serenity said the links she posted provide a basic platform to grow upon.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes