Solo Bird Bones

Evalin goes out on a hunt to find a specific kind of bird for Nessorousslindyls

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Bird Bones

Postby Evalin on May 30th, 2014, 8:32 pm

77th of Spring, 514 AV

"Threshal..." Evalin whispered to herself as she walked through the caverns, making her way toward the entrance to Zinrah, "What an unusual sounding creature. What do you believe Nessorousslindyls wishes to use it for?"

To ply his craft in malediction, most likely a commission of some form. Tsenrika offered, to which Evalin rolled her eyes, "You are of the utmost of use are you not my dear Tsenrika."

Evalin had aided the Maledictor for more than a season now, and she had come to greatly respect the Dhani's views on life and his distance from the race itself, to a degree. He was like her in a way, caught up in his own goals to be bothered by others trivialities. He was old, perhaps as old as she was if not older, and his words held more wisdom than she had heard in decades. Thus when she was requested to find and capture a specimen for his work Evalin was not put out in the least to offer her assistance. He was, after all, a very valuable ally.

The guards had been restless of late, likely due to reasons not of her knowing, yet Evalin knew that the display and cry she had sent up some days before had done little to ease their agitation. They were stricter on who came and went from the city, eyeing the nuit now with more suspicion than ever. Though Evalin could not blame them, after all she was likely exactly what they believed her to be. As she neared the exit of the nest Evalin slowed her pace, leaning against the wall and folding her arms as she observed the guard standing there, eyes alert and searching.

Be it far too much trouble to deal with the snake at this time... Rather I would pass him by and continue on.

Do you require a distraction?

Evalin looked sideways at the floating orb that hovered over her shoulder, Have you one in mind?

Perhaps...

Evalin smiled and shrugged, Then do as you wish.

The Irylid's surface shimmered, warping and stretching until she stood next to a perfect reflection of herself, though the nuit noticed that Tsenrika had opted to go without the robes. Evalin raised an eyebrow, but the Familiar did not respond. The Immortal witch could feel the pull on her djed, the shift of magic over to her other half as she watched in interest as the replica shrunk, limbs srhinking, hair straightening and features becoming more rounded and childlike. Then Tsenrika, now disguised in their child model, looked up at Evalin and talked in the deep echoing tones of the Irylid, "I shall distract him and trick him to follow me. You continue on, and soon shall I join you." The voice coming from a child's body was... Well, were she anyone different Evalin might have thought 'creepy', but instead it made her laugh. Then Tsenrika was off, running with the patter of small feet and stopping directly in front of the Constrictor. The Dhani seemed to blink, more confused than alarmed as he looked at the girl before hissing and slithering toward her. Then Tsenrika was off down a corridor, waving behind him at the Dhani who slithered after.

Shaking her head Evalin chuckled, walking out into the open and exiting the nest, looking back over her shoulder with an amused smile on her lips.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Bird Bones

Postby Evalin on May 30th, 2014, 8:46 pm

"Yellow with blue wing tips..." Evalin sat back against the bark of the tree, resting just a few feet off the ground resting on a limb that was thicker than her entire body. Her eyes were focused upward, her arms crossed as those red orbs searched the skys, catching on birds that flew past or perched near her, "Small red one, blue beak that travels in group of at least 5."

This one does not fit the description either.

Evalin sighed, resting her chin on her chest. Tsenrika still had not joined her in the jungle, but she could feel him just the same. He was still leading the guard down less traveled tunnels, skipping in and out of sight. IF Evalin did not know better she would have thought he was enjoying himself, Why do you not hurry yourself and come to aid me?

Evalin looked up at the sound of flapping wings, eyes scanning the horrizon and spotting a bird perching directly over her head, "Large beak, slightly curved with rainbows of colors. Its head looks almost too big. How does it ever keep itself from tipping over?"

Still this one does not match the description.

"Be damned, NONE of them match the description." She threw her hands in the air, a flock of small finch looking birds scattering with loud squawks, "Tell me once more what I am looking for."

Large species, long neck with feathers of black and white along its neckline. Blue faced and small headed, white feathered breast and brown and redish plume.

A redish brown bird flew by, and Evalin's eyes followed it. Tsenrika intercepted her thoughts, however, It does not fit the description. Its neck is too short, its head too big.

Evalin sighed and scratched her head, Then surely you should come here and search in my stead for I can find no creature like you describe.

There it is. Evalin blinked, furrowing her brow, There what is?

Gaze once more directly ahead, slightly to the west and down two feet. Evalin did as she was told, eyes now spotting a flock of birds that had blended into the background. Birds with redish brown feathers, long necks and tiny heads, Be damned...

Be mindful of the claws. They are known to attack in flocks if even one of its members is in danger.

Evalin tapped her chin, sitting up and gazing down at the flock of birds, Then perhaps it is best to kill them all...
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Bird Bones

Postby Evalin on June 2nd, 2014, 4:48 pm

Evalin stood up on her branch, leaning her back against the trunk of the tree as she pulled her djed into motion. She gathered and collected it, drawing it up until it pressed against her skin and streamed out from the backs of her hand into a cloud that formed a mass before her eyes. Turning her attention to the birds Evalin maneuvered the gaseous res out until it floated directly over the flock, and with quick gestures she began to shape her res with will and force, dividing it into sections, them smaller sections, and then smaller sections. Each of these little fragments she stretched and lengthened, giving them uneven shapes and thinning them until they where nearly flat. Then she closed her eyes, letting her mind drift to memories of the north, to the place of ice and snow. The cold she let fill her, delve through her djed and imbue her work. She was freezing, she was shivering, she was frost she was ice. When she opened her mind she hissed, and the outer res of her creations solidified, glittering in the light as they formed dozen of ice shards of various sizes. Their centers were res, and there was still a small cloud that hovered around the pieces, keeping them floating in air over the birds.

Shifting her stance she extended her arms, palms down and wiggled her fingers. Then she flicked her index fingers and the shards began to fall. The res within and without the pieces forced them to fall down faster than gravity would naturally dictate, and as their speed increased she transformed the remaining res inside into pure ice as well so that the end product was a rainstorm of jagged shards of ice. The particles fell on the flock, stabbing through flesh, severing arteries and the noise that rose made Evalin grimace in distaste.

They are quite loud as they die."

Many would protest their own death after all.

The birds scattered, flapping into the air, scrambling along branches as they twisted and turned, looking for an attacker and then quickly trying to flee before a new danger arose. Luckily Evalin as partially hidden from view, and the birds and their limited intelligence would surely not realize it was she that just attacked them. Once the flock had scattered and the sounds of their squawking was beginning to grow distant Evalin shifted and lowered herself tot he ground, walking to where several bodies lay scattered on the ground. Evalin counted 3 dead, and at least 4 more with serious injuries. They would not last long, but the nuit could not be bothered to end their suffering. Her djed was precious to her after all.

Evalin grasped one of the creatures by the neck and was surprised by how light it was. Bringing it up before her eyes she began examining the feathers of the creature, the way they laced and interlocked together, and some musings began to cross her thoughts.

Wonder I... How such a creature may fly whenever it wishes. Have ever you thought of it Tsenrika?"

Little I have thought of such things. Through his eyes she saw the guard some distance away, looking confused and lost and finally turn to head down a tunnel in the opposite direction, But certainly it is an oddity. Would it not be convenient to fly than to walk wherever it was we were to go?

Yes..." Evalin looked around at the birds that lay about, and then she slowly came to a decision and began collection several more, Let us investigate this further, shall we Tsenrika?

Evalin quickly made her way back to Zinrah, smiling to herself as she turned down a tunnel just as the guard found his way back to his post, and headed straight to the Marrow where she presented the bird to the Dhani maledictor. Then she would set out to her own space, placing the birds on the table and setting the to the side. She would be spending some time investigating this odd ability of flight. Perhaps it would one day be hers
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Bird Bones

Postby Catastrophe on June 4th, 2014, 3:47 am

Evalin :
Skills

• Socialization: 3 XP
  • Familiary: 2 XP
  • Observation: 2 XP
  • Reimancy: 1 XP

Lores

• Tricking a Guard with an Irylid and Reflection
  • Using Tsenrika's Eyes to Find a Bird
  • Reimancy Technique: Ice Shard Storm
  • Flight: Stirring Curiosity in a Nuit's Mind

Loot

• n/a

Notes :
'They are quite loud when they die' would have to be my favourite part. Evalin is so adorable whether she wishes to be or not. I loved how you described the death of all those birds. The vocabulary and the way you presented the words made my day. I love reading stuff like that and more importantly I love reading your work! I can't wait to see what Eva's curiosity will bring her upon investigating this crazy term called 'flight'.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can solve them with a private message!

Catastrophe
I'm Your Biggest Nightmare!

Words: 112948
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2014, 10:42 pm
Race: Staff account
Office