Closed When All is Dust

Redd returns to collect what is hers...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

When All is Dust

Postby Redd on June 5th, 2014, 6:24 am

Imagex
Day 8, Summer, 514 AV

Master Elias had gone out and had been gone for quite some time, so the young wolf had taken it upon herself to exit the room they had currently been staying in to take a walk, careful to keep the hood of her cloak pulled tight around her face. Wrapped around her neck, covering the leather collar, was the red scarf, only able to be seen occasionally as her cloak shifted whenever she had to do something with her hands.

It was the only thing that had been gifted to her, other than comfort and safety and it all came from a human no less. It could be considered ironic that the very thing that Redd had been running from, was also the thing that had saved her from herself.

However, as she woke to find her master gone from his bed, she realized just one thing. That there was still another chapter left unfinished, one that she had to close if she could only just find the right street or the right scents.

Upon having decided that rushing was a bad idea, she began to take more notice of the directions she had been walking, so then she wouldn't have to ask for directions. She had learned that most people in Ravok was not your friend and her left hand lifted to view the half black sun tattooed upon the back of it.

Sometimes, she could still taste the blood of the slaver's as her hazel eyes had peered up at him with such blood-thirst. She had wanted to go for his throat, to taste the hot blood there as her teeth ripped open his jugular vein, but she had restrained herself, pulling away from him to let him fall back into the canal. It was at that point in time that she had felt her own strength, something she only felt when her life was threatened or when she had been on a hunt.

Allowing her hand to drop, she looked upwards to view the set of stairs she had to climb to reach the door. This was indeed the house, the place that she had meant to find. What she would find inside however was a different story.

She hadn't known what had happened to Vayl, the last she remembered was watching him rush out the shop door. She had attempted to follow but the rain had masked his scent and she had become lost. Ending up in the hands of slavers before Master Elias had found her.

Questions had swirled within her mind ever since then, questions that had plagued the young wolf. Why hadn't Vayl come to find her? Why had he left in the first place? Closing her hazel hues for a moment, she took a deep breath, feeling the familiar expansion of her lung muscles to accommodate the accumulated oxygen, before slowly letting it out.

Making her way up the stairs, she caught another scent, an unidentified one and a soft growl settled upon her lips. Whoever it was, it better be a friend of Vayl's and not someone who had attempted to kill him.

Upon reaching the door, she knocked upon it gently, not really seeing a need to slam her fist down upon it. She'd prefer to go unnoticed if at all possible, she had made it this far without being noticed, why not for the rest of the visit?
x
"I can't give you the sunset,
But I can give you the night."
x
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

When All is Dust

Postby Dolce on June 7th, 2014, 12:36 am

Dolce smiled and hummed as she cleaned her new home. Her master as he hated to be called had told her not to worry about cleaning, but she had worked for a large household as a maid.. So it was impossible for her to not clean. Plus there was fur still in the corners and other crannies and the sight of the fur irritated her.

She sat on the bed taking a quick break, still humming happily. Her wounds had healed for the most part. She made a note to buy some new bed linens. Some new cleaning rags would be nice too. On the other hand, she could cut up her old skirt and make some rags it was already beyond saving, plus she could buy a new skirt!

Her mind shifted to Vayl's dinner... Should she go catch him something? Or would he bring something home to eat? Her thoughts were interupted by a knock on the door. Dolce moved to her feet, brushed her skirt off, "Coming~"

She quickly opened the door, "Yes, how may I help you?" She said with a smile, until she got a look at the girl. Her smile faded, Vayl's descriptions were spot on. "You must be...Redd. Sweetie, you don't live here anymore remember? You left him. All to get a collar snapped round your neck, that's right I can see it." Dolce's tone oozed sarcasm. "What do you want?" She crossed her arms and leaned into the doorway.
Dolce
The Caged Bird Sings

Words: 32334
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2014, 3:32 am
Character sheet

When All is Dust

Postby Redd on June 7th, 2014, 1:37 am

Imagex
Redd's hazel hues fell upon the black hair woman with the green eyes, she was an odd smell something that was different to human and most definitely not a Symenestra. Perhaps another kelvic?

She listened quietly to the other woman's words, her thoughts drifting off for a moment. She was taking a tone with her? One that Redd didn't like and she observed her cross her arms over her chest.

A growl rose to her lips as she lifted her left hand to grip the edge of the doorway, her form closing in on the other woman as she drew herself to her full height. She may be collared, but that didn't mean that she couldn't bite and once her sharp teeth find their target, she wouldn't let go.

Words were forced between growling teeth as her hazel gaze snapped to the woman's face, "Don't you dare try to assume about what you know about what had happened between Vayl and me, because it most definitely didn't have anything to do with you."

Another growl and her top lip curled upwards to reveal her sharp teeth and the slightly elongated canines. "I'll tell you what, you go fetch Vayl and I will let you keep the same amount of blood that's in your body." How dare she presume that she knew about what had transpired between her and Vayl.

Her left hand gripped the doorway tightly, it was at this point that she wanted nothing more than to give in to her animalistic desires. This woman had crossed into territory that she should not have and Redd would be more than happy to show her what territory and who she should not cross.
x
x
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

When All is Dust

Postby Dolce on June 7th, 2014, 2:24 am

"Vayl is out at the moment," Dolce said matter-of-factly looking Redd in the eyes. She sauntered into the house, "Wait for him if you want and you're right I don't know this past of you and Vayl. But that's just what it is, past. But, don't dare threaten me in my own home. It will only make you and your master look bad."

"Just so you know... I'd be out of these clothes and sitting on a high up perch before you could take that collar off and attack. Plus, I don't think my Vayl would still see you as a friend or anything close to that for maiming his lover. Do you?" She asked."Not that I cant attack..."

Dolce pulled off her shirt showing some of her more stubborn bruises, "See these Redd my old human master did this to me a fellow servant framed me for robbery . He beat me and abandon me." She pulled down her skirt showing a long scar from her navel on down. "See this? Took my innards out so I couldn't breed! My lovely human master. That collar, is just the beginning of what humans will do to you." Dolce's tone had changed, she was honestly warning Redd.

"Now if you don't mind I have cleaning to do," Dolce said returning to removing spiderwebs from crannies and crevices. She began to hum as she worked.
Dolce
The Caged Bird Sings

Character sheet

When All is Dust

Postby Redd on June 7th, 2014, 3:10 am

Imagex
Redd's hazel gaze watched the other woman saunter back into the house, making note of the fact that it did indeed seem to be her scent that was masked around the house. It interested Redd and she wondered how long the woman had actually been here.

Her growling had indeed become quieter as thoughts occupied her mind, no longer interested in ripping out her throat. She had raised a point which was no longer Redd's concern anymore. How Vayl saw her, had no effect on her anymore, he left her behind to slavers, why should she care what he thought about her anymore?

The woman thought that Redd could take off her own collar, if only she knew that she couldn't. A shrug of her shoulders was given as she took a couple of steps into the house, gently closing the door behind her. Redd was briefly listening to the other woman, but not in full. The stranger had bruises, Redd had scars, whatever her story was she wasn't interested in listening. That was, until she said that her master would hurt her.

A twitch of her top lip was all that was given as she turned her gaze away from the other woman, taking note of the cleanliness of the house. "I'd advise that you do not speak ill will of my Master, kelvic.' She simply said. She had come to the conclusion that the other woman was indeed another kelvic, otherwise why mention getting out of clothes to fly high up onto a perch?

Clenching her teeth together, she refrained from growling as her gaze flickered to the desk, moving to gently seat herself at it, her hazel gaze returning back to the other kelvic. "Do you want to know how I ended up being collared? I can tell you this, it wasn't on my agenda. In fact, I like to think of it as, that Master Elias had saved me from the slavers. I owe him my life and my humanity."
x
x
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

When All is Dust

Postby Dolce on June 7th, 2014, 4:27 am

"Kelvic?" Dolce raised an eyebrow. "You're insulting your OWN kind now? Lovely. Because that really shows your morals and where you stand and once again insulting me in my own home."

"Honestly I don't care what your sob story is. You weren't listening to me and what I had to say so why should I care about yours, Kelvic? I'd thank you if you hadn't left so much fur everywhere... I have a wonderful life here. Your loss. Just know, Vayl is my bondmate, and you are not welcome in our life! You broke him emotionally, he tried to save you Redd. He's told me the whole petching thing from his point of view!" Dolce stood up enraged.

This...This girl was really getting on her nerves. Insulting her in her own home. Dolce was pretty sure she was older than this naive girl. With a sneer, "Well I hope you get everything from your human master that I got from mine and when you get tossed aside...Just know I petching told you so. You better hope Vayl gets home soon, because I'm about ready to swat you cross the nose like the untrained puppy you are! And stop your growling it's just stupid. So sit down and shut up!"
Dolce
The Caged Bird Sings

Character sheet

When All is Dust

Postby Redd on June 7th, 2014, 4:49 am

Imagex
Slowly, the young wolf stood up from her seated position by the desk, her form still and quiet. This kelvic was beginning to get on Redd's nerves and she had almost had it. A wolf, a feral one at that, did not take insulting words from those that would rather run and hide, then face the teeth of a beast.

Bondmate? She didn't understand that word, not that it really mattered for the other kelvic was about to get a rude awakening. A snarl tore through her lips as she began to stalk towards the other woman, her hazel hues showing the fury of the beast within.

"I suggest that you go up onto your perch now, before I really show Vayl how much of a beast I can be." Her top lip peeled back to reveal her elongated canines and her sharp teeth. She had tasted blood before and she was really looking forward to tasting it again.

"If you think that I'm here for my own pleasure, then you assumed wrong. I'm not above eating humans, in fact, I used to eat their corpses. You want to know another thing? I'm not above attacking you for your insolence and ripping your throat out either, especially if it means your silence." Her hazel hues glared down at the smaller sized woman, but managed to stop herself from lunging forwards to tear at that sweet flesh. She didn't have to be in wolf form to do that.

This other woman better hope that Vayl arrived soon, especially if she didn't plan on keeping that mouth of hers shut. The snarl remained upon her lips and should the woman say something else, she would indeed attack this woman with a vengeance.
x
x
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

When All is Dust

Postby Dolce on June 7th, 2014, 2:32 pm

Dolce sighed, this situation was emotionally and mentally draining. "Whatever... just let me get back to cleaning, gods know if I don't clean. It won't get done. I might have to make Vayl something to eat, you've lived here and you know how he is." She would have to deal with this woman...

She began to clean again this time around the tiny kitchen. Silence, well except for the occasional growl. Dolce disliked silence. "Don't bite my face off, but I have to ask were you KRI born?" She was unsure if asking a simple question like that would send Redd into a fury. She laid on her back cleaning under the stove. She continued to keep busy, going as far as recleaning some areas. She wasn't as frightened as uncomfortable.

She thought of Vayl, her bondmate... Mentally she called him via her feelings and their shared link. While she could send him a worded message she could send her uneasiness to him and hope he hurried home.
Dolce
The Caged Bird Sings

Character sheet

When All is Dust

Postby Vayl on June 7th, 2014, 3:07 pm

Imagex
The message sent by Dolce was meaningless, as Vayl rested a hand softly, but dangerously firmly on Redd's shoulder.

Vayl's face was dead, emotionless, yet his violet eyes shimmered with passion.

"Redd.... why.. why are you here?"

Vayl's hand gripped Redd with an obvious tension, while his left hand rested tensely on his katana.

"I don't want to have to hurt you Redd." he murmured reluctantly, "But Dolce here is as precious as you are.." Vayl blinked, "Were to me, so I can't allow to you to hurt her."

Vayl frowned softly in thought, desperately clawing at rational thoughts in his mind.

"Oh, have you come for your belongings Redd? They're behind my hammock, I haven't touched them."

Vayl looked down at his feet and sighed.

"You really shouldn't have paid for this sword you know.. I feel so guilty."
x
But one day
you will stand before death's decrepit gate,
without really knowing why
"Summer grasses,
All that remains
Of soldiers' dreams"
Vayl
Forever Dolce's

Words: 58133
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 12:03 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

When All is Dust

Postby Redd on June 8th, 2014, 12:56 am

Imagex
Redd had scented him before she felt his hand grip her shoulder firmly and the snarl died upon her lips. Upon listening to his words, a shake of her head was given. "You already have hurt me Vayl. You should have just left me out in the wild to die, instead you brought me into the city and then left me as soon as I spoke to another."

She proceeded to turn around, this movement would have made him let go of her shoulder as her hazel hues peered into his face. "I had gone looking for you, the rain had washed away your scent. I got caught by slavers and if it wasn't for Master Elias, I wouldn't be here."

Slowly she took in a deep breath, the oxygen expanding her lungs as her thoughts turned to turmoil just like they had that day. Redd was just realizing how replaceable she really had been to him, well, there was after all another kelvic here.

Her eyes slid closed as memories flooded through her, before she turned to make her way towards the hammock. Gently pushing it away so then the fingers of her left hand could grasp the strap of the back pack. This movement would have revealed the half black sun tattooed upon the back of her hand.

Once she had a firm grip of the back pack, she opened it to spy that they were all there before closing it back up and to sling the back pack over her shoulder. "The guilt is not my own Vayl, it's yours."

Turning around, her gaze flickered back to Vayl, her lips pressed together tightly as she viewed him for a moment longer. "Once, I was taught by a pack of wolves, that loyalty means more than any fight that you could have gotten in to with another pack member. You would have your fights, but then you would be sharing with them, the dead beast that you had helped kill together. Often I used to lay awake wondering where your loyalties were the moment you walked out that door. Now? Now I don't have to lie awake wondering, because I already know."

Her gaze flickered to the other kelvic before she turned for the door, she was not wanted here, not anymore. She could feel it. The other kelvic had no problems expressing that to her earlier. Now? Redd had no problems leaving.
x
x
Last edited by Redd on June 8th, 2014, 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)