It wasn't me! [Kelp Bar]

Black Onyx and Tyr get into trouble

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

It wasn't me! [Kelp Bar]

Postby Tyrion Moontide on June 5th, 2014, 1:38 pm

"Well, to be fair I generally cause bad luck among most people no matter who you are or what you wished for."

Tyr grinned and nearly commented again, but stopped himself mid sentence. He watched as the young thief glanced around, looking for something. A guard? Whatever it was she thought she saw, she soon seemed to dismiss it. Tyr worried only so long as it took her to get her next sentence out before chuckling mirthfully once more.

"Truthfully? I've never heard a... Fid-dil?"

The slight sadness, or at least discomfort, that was in her voice at the last was not lost on him either, so he quickly went about setting her thinking to rights, "Ah, but that ain't quite true now is it lass? Ya heard it just a moment ago, and back in the bar. And now yae know what to call it. Better'n most people surely." He smiled and strummed a few more strings, as though it were a bad habit of his, and continued on. As he did so he got a few strange looks from passers by, but with a cheery smile and nod many turned back to their business.

As they neared the temple of Laviku he stopped, and gave a slight nod of the head to the god, unwilling to pass by without any sort of recognition at all, but quickly returned his attention to Black. Just in time to catch her twirling with a little smirk thrown his way. The little bow was just a touch too much, but he laughed none the less at her antics.

"Well I am at your service, sir."

He was still chuckling lightly as he followed her down a seemingly random street. If he remembered correctly, someone had pointed the university in this direction. An interesting place by all accounts... but today he had surely had enough entertainment already. He shook his head and smiled as she told him she was headed to the docks and nodded in that direction," Well lass, my ship is there anyhow. So if ya deliver me safely to the docks, we can call ourselves even. Maybe I'll even give ya a song as thanks." Pearly white teeth flashed in his otherwise suntanned face before he began walking down one of the streets that, surely, must lead to the docks.
Tyrion Moontide
Maker of beautiful music

Words: 20350
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2014, 3:19 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

It wasn't me! [Kelp Bar]

Postby Black Onyx on June 6th, 2014, 2:17 am

Black was glad that she could at least make him chuckle some what, as her antics were just a put on. In truth, she didn't know why she was even helping this man. In the last few days she had been helping people instead of stealing from them. Perhaps she was getting her conscious back. That wouldn't be good for business, she told herself as she continued down her street for a moment. She turned just in time to see Tyrion turn down a street and she shook her head, sometimes she wondered if strangers would ever just learn to follow the locals.

Quickly she dashed after him, quickly putting her form into his path, shaking her head as she held out her right hand. "Wrong way cowboy, we need to go down one more street before taking another left which will lead us straight between east and west street. We keep going straight and then we hit the docks."

Allowing a smirk to slip onto her lips, she angled her head in the correct direction that they were supposed to be going in. "Want me to get you back to the docks safely without suspicion? We need to go my way, simply so then it appears like we are coming from east street and not from the Kelp Bar."

Gently, she walked towards him and gave him a gentle pat on the shoulders before beginning to walk in the right direction before pausing, glancing behind her to make sure he was still behind her. Once she was sure she was following, she cut in between east and west street, heading straight for the docks.

Upon reaching there, she stopped and gave a nod of her head towards him, once she had been sure that he had reached her, "No need to sing me a song, I'm just a lowly thief. Save your music for those who are worth it," She said softly as she moved to seat herself upon what appeared to be an abandoned, empty, wooden box, her brown hues looking to the dark sea.
Last edited by Black Onyx on September 16th, 2014, 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image Image
Active Threads: 3/5
Black Onyx
Sometimes, our scars define us

Words: 175802
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2014, 11:49 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

It wasn't me! [Kelp Bar]

Postby Tyrion Moontide on June 6th, 2014, 4:38 pm

Tyr stopped in his tracks as, rather suddenly, he found black in his path. As she explained to him he chuckled, realizing his mistake," Sorry lass, I was following the ocean and completely forgot how easy it would be to get lost with these damnable streets." He shook his head sadly and followed her, muttering to himself,"Not sure I'll ever get used to navigating the streets like this."

"Want me to get you back to the docks safely without suspicion? We need to go my way, simply so then it appears like we are coming from east street and not from the Kelp Bar."

The singer looked in the direction her head indicated and nodded to himself, hoping he would remember all the twists and turns that had taken them here. He doubted it, quite a bit in fact, but he tried to create a mental map. It was nowhere near as easy to do that here on dry land as it was to do In Laviku's domain.

The light pat on the shoulder surprised him out of his musings, but he quickly gave Black his best smile. She seemed like the type who would be uncomfortable for someone to get so close, and that little contact seemed quite out of character. It was nice to see.

As she followed the roads, ducking between passers by and shops and all kinds of activity, Tyr nearly lost her on a dozen occasions, but somehow he managed to follow her all the way to the docks. When, at last, she came to a halt he was very nearly out of breath," How you stand all these people I will never understand girl. Its wild." He turned his smile on her again, but soon let it fall as she began to spoke.

"No need to sing me a song, I'm just a lowly thief. Save your music for those who are worth it."

He growled, low in his throat and with no small amount of annoyance," I'll be having none of that lass! Everyone, no matter how high or how low, is deserving of a little music in their lives. Even troublesome thieves like yerself." He watched her seat herself on a seemingly abandoned crate and stare to the sea, her brown eyes glazed in thought. No way he would have her leaving here in such a melancholy mood, no sir.

His fiddle raised to his chin, nearly on impulse, and he began to play. A fast cheerful tune that had been popular with his family when a day had been particularly tough. After a few moments he let his voice join in,

"Away over horizons,
a song can be heard
Where the moon is risin'
a song we've all learned."

At some point Tyr's feet had begun to tap, and he had begun to move about, doing a shuffling dance he had often seen his mentor do when playing. It wasn't anything fancy, but it allowed him to get out a bit of the energy the song was giving him. Soon his frown of concentration turned into a jovial smile. So engrossed was he that he didn't even notice the small crowd of sailors gathering around.

"The song of the ocean,
Its words written in foam
A song full of emotion,
that calls us all home."

Some of those who had gathered began to clap along to the song, and Tyr very nearly dropped his fiddle in surprise. There were at least a dozen who had stopped in their work to listen, and he blushed uncontrollably at the unexpected audience. He had not finished the song, but he was far too embarrassed to continue. So he tucked his fiddle up under his arm and smiled at them, giving a little bow," Sorry all, no time for the whole song. Things to do eh?"

That reminded some that they had work to do, and with a small grumble many returned to it. In the meantime Tyr turned back to Black and let his embarrassment show, scratching the back of his head and looking back up at the sailors and fisherman trickling away," Yasee? Everyone deserves a good song every now and again."
Tyrion Moontide
Maker of beautiful music

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

It wasn't me! [Kelp Bar]

Postby Black Onyx on June 7th, 2014, 3:56 am

The moment that she had settled into her thoughts, like she normally did when she was around the docks, Tyr seemed to growl which pulled her out of her thoughts. Her brown eyes glancing back to the man, she had half expected him to leave, to go where ever it was that he had to go. Instead, he seemed to be rousing on her, scolding even as he told her that music was for everyone, even for herself.

Her gaze watched as he raised the fiddle to his chin and began to play, watching amazed as he began to sing as well. It was certainly an interesting song to say in the least, it was a song, about the ocean.

A smile seem to curved her lips in a gentle movement as she watched while the crowd of sailors began to crowd around them as she observed him doing something with his feet. Was he dancing?

It had become apparent that the male was not aware of the crowd gathering around him, as he seemed to be fully immersed into the activity that he was doing. The fiddle, she had noted, had to be something precious to him, for he was always plucking a few cords or playing in earnest. Kind of like now really.

Black couldn't help but chuckle as Tyr seemed to then become aware of the gathering crowd, watching as he addressed them, saying that there were things to do. Maybe for him, but tonight Black had decided to finish her duties for the night. Besides, a thief didn't have to work full hours like normal people, they chose their own hours to work.

As her gaze watched him scratch his head while his face showed his embarrassment, she chuckled even more. "Tyrion, you almost seemed embarrassed by the crowd and here I thought that you loved the attention of the townsfolk."

It was then that a sigh settled upon her lips and her right hand pulled out a purse from her pocket and she then tossed it to him. It was the only purse that she had managed to steal the whole night, but it seemed she was indeed beginning to grow a conscious. Soon, she wouldn't be surprised if she ended up dead because of it. "That's all I was able to get, it's probably not much seeing as the man I stole it from was drunk, but there might be a couple of coppers in there. If you're lucky, maybe even a couple of silvers."
Last edited by Black Onyx on September 16th, 2014, 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image Image
Black Onyx

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

It wasn't me! [Kelp Bar]

Postby Tyrion Moontide on June 7th, 2014, 10:37 am

"Tyrion, you almost seemed embarrassed by the crowd and here I thought that you loved the attention of the townsfolk."

Her chuckle surprised him a bit, her now cheerful attitude seeming quite different from the thoughtful one from but moments before. He couldn't help but smile at her as he answered," Aye, I do like a bit but it ain't for the attention that I do it. Music is like... a pick me up at the end of a hard day. Thats what I like." After a moment Tyr smiled his best roguish smile," The coins don't hurt all that much either, ya know."

Even more surprising than her brighter disposition though, was the action she took next. He watched, very nearly dumbfounded, as she tugged out a purse with a sigh and tossed it too him. He caught it midair and, without thought, tossed it up and caught it again a few times to check the weight. Had to be a few coppers at least in there... For a thief to have handed over her hard earned spoils in such a way was surely unheard of.

"That's all I was able to get, it's probably not much seeing as the man I stole it from was drunk, but there might be a couple of coppers in there. If you're lucky, maybe even a couple of silvers."

Apparently he had made a good impression today. He smiled at her and bowed theatrically, waving his hand in a graceful arc," Why thank ya milady. It may not be much, but its more n' enough for such a humble singer as maself." Tyr chuckled lightly as he straightened up and turned down the docks," Black, consider us even alright?" He gave her a wink and a smile over his shoulder, and began the walk home.
Tyrion Moontide
Maker of beautiful music

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

It wasn't me! [Kelp Bar]

Postby Black Onyx on June 7th, 2014, 12:14 pm

As Tyr tossed the purse into the air a couple of times, she noted that perhaps he was testing the weight. Some people were good at telling what was inside of a purse and others, like herself just opened the purse to look inside. That was, of course, after she had left the area where she had been pick pocketing.

Black watched as he made a theatrical bow and she merely shook her head, a gentle smile reaching her lips softly. He was funny, different in a way. He was someone that interested her in a way, on a curiousity level, probably even a get to know kind of level. It was then that she watched him turn to walk away.

Most thieves rarely saw the same person twice and she gently pulled out the silver bracelet, with the ruby attached to it. She rubbed her fingers over it, the familiar metal calming to her nerves.

It was at this point that an idea came to mind and she quickly pocketed the bracelet before calling out, "Tyrion! I want to ask a favour of you!" Slowly, she stood up from her sitting position, her brown hues watching the male's form.

"I was wondering if you could be my eyes and ears for me, relate information, any kind of information back to me. I'm generally here every afternoon around sunset. So if you would do that for me, I'd greatly appreciate it." She managed a soft smile for the male, if he did turn around.
Last edited by Black Onyx on September 16th, 2014, 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image Image
Black Onyx

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

It wasn't me! [Kelp Bar]

Postby Tyrion Moontide on June 7th, 2014, 12:33 pm

"Tyrion! I want to ask a favour of you!"

Tyr stopped in his tracks and turned back to the thief, his smile slipping back into place," Aye lass? Somethin tae ask of me?" He watched her stand and saw the serious expression on her face for a bit, wondering what could be important enough for her to ask of him.

"I was wondering if you could be my eyes and ears for me, relate information, any kind of information back to me."

Oho. She wanted an informant... Interesting. Tyr grinned and took a quick glance around, as though surveying the docks before answering," Aye, I can do that for you. A singer hears all sorts of things after all." He chuckled and turned away once more, waving a hand in goodbye," If I find anything juicy for yae, I'll find ye here." He walked away then, his little assurance still on his lips.

Life in Zeltiva would, most certainly, prove to be interesting if today was any proper indication.

--------------------------------------------------------

Thread End

--------------------------------------------------------
Tyrion Moontide
Maker of beautiful music

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

It wasn't me! [Kelp Bar]

Postby Aoren on June 29th, 2014, 6:01 pm

Riddled With Rewards
Tyrion Moontide

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Persuasion + 2 EXP
Observation + 2 EXP
Singing + 2 EXP
Musical Instrument: Fiddle +2 EXP
Busking +2 EXP
Acrobatics +1 EXP
Brawling +1 EXP
Socialization +3 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Persuasion: Using Charm To Conduct Business
Singing: Kelp Bar Diddy
Fiddle: Kelp Bar Diddy
Acrobatics: Evading A Swipe At Legs
Brawling: Improvised Face-Kick
Black: The Thief In the Hood
Black: Partner In Trading Information

Black Onyx

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Larceny + 2 EXP
Observation + 2 EXP
Acrobatics + 1 EXP
Brawling +1 EXP
Tactics +2 EXP
Stealth +2 EXP
Socialization +3 EXP
Rhetoric +2 EXP
Intelligence +1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Larceny: When To Pickpocket In A Tavern
Acrobatics: Evading Getting Hit By A Chair
Tyrion: Fiddler In The Bar
Tyrion: Believes Music Is For Everyone
Tyrion: Eyes and Ears, A Zeltivan Contact
Stealth Tactics: Taking The Long Way To Avoid Pursuers

Notes :
• | Black Onyx: You have gained Tyrion Moontide as a Zeltivan Contact!

If you have comments, questions or concerns please approach me at your earliest convenience. Don't forget to edit/delete your request in the request thread!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous