Flashback Surreal [Woton]

Billie, injured, meets a healer like no other.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Surreal [Woton]

Postby Billie on June 9th, 2014, 6:24 am

5th day of Summer, 508AV

Her cutlass dripped blood as did the gash on her side which Billie was attempting to stem by holding cloth to it and applying pressure. The damned wolf was still only young, but it sure sunk it’s petching teeth in. This would leave a mark. She half sat, half slumped across her horse. She felt dizzy, but she had to get as close to the next city as she could. Was she even going in the right direction? She couldn’t think when the pain was this intence.

This was ridiculous, at this point she was bound to fall off. She pulled on the horses’ halter and uttered the command to make the beast stand still “Whoa…” She muttered. The beast whinnied a complaint but stopped. Billie got off, holding onto the beast’s back for support, keeping adiquite pressure on the wound she took a swig of water and sat down to take a look at the damage “Petching great” She yelled loudly as she took a look at the wound which was still weeping thick red blood. It hurt, to put it lightly. In fact the intensity of the pain threatened to knock her out, especially when she looked at it. It was nauseating.

She took off her shirt, revealing a white singlet and tied it around the wound, pressing down firmly and wincing as that made the pain triple in strength. She couldn’t do anything until the blood decided it was good and ready to start clotting. It was still early morning, and she was wasting good travel time and probably attracting more predators with the smell of blood. The birds were chirping loudly in the tress above her head, just waking up and laughing cruelly at her. She preferred the city life to this traveling business. She just wanted to get to Zeltiva already, but right now her health took top priority. Although she couldn’t exactly do much herself. So she sat tight, nurcing the wound and trying to bite down on the pain.
White= Speaking common
#BF0000= Speaking Nari
#4040FF= Speaking Fratava

Other character(s)
Arvo
Billie
Love, Loss, Live on

Words: 84502
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2014, 3:09 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Surreal [Woton]

Postby Wotan on June 10th, 2014, 12:35 am

Wotan had been travelling to Zeltiva for his remembrance ceremony. When he was boy growing up on the outskirts of the port city, he and his mother regularly hunted game on the slope side that would erect into the mountains and sold their catch at the markets in the city. Wotan had always been a wild child and disliked the tall buildings and cramped alleys of stone and mortar and never entered the city unless necessary, he always stayed out in the sparse trees just outside the city walls when he was without his mother. During a fateful afternoon when he was but a teenager, they stumbled upon a bear feasting over fresh kill while stalking deer, higher up the slopes beyond the city gates. His mother sacrificed herself for her son by distracting the beast with arrows and noise as it charged for them. Not before she was killed however, she parted with her skilled knowledge that would end up saving Wotan's life many times to come over the years.

The remembrance ceremony was extremely dangerous and was performed every ten years. It would require Wotan to track, find and kill a bear, remove its pelt and find a craftsmen to fashion it into a Ushanka as close to his mothers as possible.
The Ushanka would then be burnt upon an open fire in a forest. This was a ritualised remembrance unique to Wotan's life and formed an important part of love, respect and thanks to his mother for teaching him as much as she could about survival. The bear wasn't Wotan's despised enemy either, it was the challenge and personification of his trials in life, one of which he was equally grateful. Wotan had done this once in his life that ended with a near encounter with death, it was symbolic for him.

Wotan had been travelling this road for weeks only darting in and out the woodland for cover or food. He had seen many peoples on his travels. Human like beings, short in stature with arms like rock, Multi-armed, bronze skinned humanoids that stank of perfume and oils, he even saw a massive ape like creature that stood over 8ft tall and talked in grunts, that was most interesting even if the ape-beast refused to communicate with him.

Humming in tune with the call of the birds that sang as they glided through the air, Wotan soon stumbled upon a young women slumped on the ground against a tree with a beautiful horse beside her. Maintaining a slow pace, he approached the girl, keeping a low threatening posture to ensure he did not scare the horse.
"Woah.. girl.. take it easy. I am not here to hurt you." he said calmly while lightly rubbing the horses mane of hair.

"What happened to you?" He said while approaching and kneeling down next to the girl on the ground. Noticing the blood drenched, make shift bandage clinging to her side, he lifted up her arm gently to see the damage, taking care not to inflict too much unnecessary pain on her. The squawking of hooded crows on the above branches interrupted Wotan as he was trying to speak. "Away with you! There shall be no carrion today!" he shouted in his deep voice while waving his thick arms, scattering the birds to flight.

Returning back to the injured girl he spoke quietly. "How did this happen? Were you playing with the Children of the night Girl?". he smiled, showing his friendly grin.

Slowly taking off the bloodied piece of cloth, Wotan looked at the deep sunken wound. The thick blood ran down her side without the pressure to keep it clotting, its was deep and would most like get infected out her on the road, if not seen to right away.

"Ok.. I am going to help you here. I am Wotan. I may look strange but there is nothing to worry about." Wotan placed his spear on the ground and began to rummage in his herbalist bag. He pulled out a small clay pot that contained the herb Belltor. This herb could be used as a aid in helping wounds heal, it was greatly more effective if the poultice was hot but a normal paste would hopefully create a soothing barrier against infection.

"Your lucky I happened to be along the same road, girl. Your even more lucky that I had the Belltor herb on my person, and your even luckier still that I hadn't been in one of my "high" moments." Wotan gave a small laugh as he threw in the mixture of seeds and deep crimson petals into his mouth and began to chew harshly. Wotan hadn't the equipment to make a proper poultice so the next best thing would have to make do. The collection of saliva would bind the chewed down components together, break down the plant material barriers to the healing aid and then slowly release the herbs natural healing properties.

After a few chimes of hard chewing, Wotan spat the mixture into his hands and began to clench his hands together, squeezing out the excess saliva until it had the consistency of a paste like mixture.
"Not my best work I am afraid. I do not have the proper equipment to make a hot poultice, nor have I the time to break down the components properly but this should at least help." he said grasping the paste in his large hand. The taste of bitter flowers lingered in his mouth as well as the small pieces of seed casing stuck in his teeth.

"This will hurt.. alot.. clench your teeth on what ever you can." Wotan began to gently apply the paste onto the bite wound. The cries of pain would soon echo throughout the trees.

Wotan
Player

Words: 8132
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2014, 7:39 pm
Character sheet

Surreal [Woton]

Postby Billie on June 10th, 2014, 2:36 am

Billie jumped and drew her bloody cutlass when she saw the strange man. He was like nothing she’d ever seen. His skin was pulled taught over budging muscles. Even more eye-catching was the intricate patterns painted in blue dye all over his skin. Through her haze of pain and apprehension she could make out designs that looked like animals: Wolves, bears, fish and birds. His face was mostly hidden behind unruly hair and facial hair, making him look like some kind of barbarian. His eyes were the most disconcerting, a strange bright orange colour that seemed to boar into her soul and read all of her secrets. His clothes were primarily made from the pelts of various animals, meaning he spent a lot of time hunting.

When Sula let him pet her she lower her weapon. It was unlikely she was going to do any kind of damage to him with it in the state she was in. He told her that he wasn’t here to hurt her, and then inquired what had happened to her. She just grunted “Wolves.” She mumbled “Think I got to close to a den or something” Maybe this man was some kind of healer? If he worked in the city, she probably wouldn’t trust him to help her, but he seemed to know what he was doing. He lifted the cloth and Billie winced and averted her eyes from the wound.

Woton seemed willing to help her, and she had no choice but to accept that help. She’d die of infection before getting anywhere near the next city if she didn’t. “Name’s… Billie…” She said after he’d told her his name. Woton, what a bizarre, but surprisingly pleasant individual.

She watched him mix herbs together, or as he had said: The Belltor herb. “Lucky I am, that’s for sure. Though luck isn’t usually on my side, as you can see.” She replied, watching him chew up the herbs and spit them out again, mixing them into a rather unappealing looking paste. Billie grimaced and nodded when he informed her this wasn’t the best work he could have done, but Billie didn’t care. “Hey, If it stops me from dying…” She said, trailing off when he told her to grit her teeth.

Billie balled her hands into fists and gritted her teeth together tightly. When the paste made contact with her skin, despite her efforts, she screamed. It was like nothing she’d ever experienced. She quelled her cries forcibly so that they turned into quiet whimpers. Her eyes were shut tight as she tried to focus on the fact that this would save her, probably. She listened to Sadie in her head, telling her to calm down and endure the pain, for it would be over soon.
White= Speaking common
#BF0000= Speaking Nari
#4040FF= Speaking Fratava

Other character(s)
Arvo
Billie
Love, Loss, Live on

Words: 84502
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2014, 3:09 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets