Closed The night gives way to day (Aka)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

The night gives way to day (Aka)

Postby Evalin on June 11th, 2014, 4:25 am

15th of Summer, 514 AV

Evalin heard the Dhani drawing near, but she did not move. Even as the constrictor slithered into the cavern Evalin remained perfectly still. She lay in the Mistress' bed, as she did most nights, turned with her back away from the voices. Her eyes were closed, and she pretended she was asleep, but Aka knew she didn't sleep. Still, it did her no good to let others learn of this fact.

Summoned by the queen... Evalin listened to what she could hear, So suddenly, so early. What does it mean?

Time moves forward. This chapter is nearing its conclusion. The Familiar's voice was cold on her mind, and it eased the worried thoughts that began to spring forth from her subconscious, Little can be done. Patience is what we require.

Yes... Evalin thought as the two dhani began to exit the cavern, Patience indeed.

And so she would be patient. She would wait where she was, for as long as it took for Aka to return. Sitting up in the bed, legs crossed, hands folded in her lap, naked but for the icy gem at her neck and the bone ring on her finger. Red eyes staring at the entrance to the Scarlet Cavern. Waiting... Just, waiting.

OOCKind of a boring intro but hopefully it will be a fun thread :)

Words207
Last edited by Evalin on June 16th, 2014, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on June 12th, 2014, 1:12 am

Common Snake-Tongue Arumenic

The Viper huffed as slowly made her way to her jewelery chest, carefully storing the beautiful fire opal silver necklace given to her by the Queen herself. She was a new Queen now, that meant other than her fellow Queens, Tanabis, and Siku herself, she was the highest ruling matriarch in Dhani society, and quite at a young age for Dhani standards too. She should feel really, really, happy about it, yet... she felt horrible and awful, these feelings mixed haphazardly with pride and anger, it sickened her, it took all the restraint in Aka's being not to charge at Evalin, pin her down - out of rage this time, not lust - then confronted her for everything she had done.

However, she was a Queen now, she could not afford to be reckless, it was unwise of her to jump around assumptions, she trusted Evalin and Evalin trusted her back, this was one of the few moments where their trust would be stretched to their limits, inhaling and exhaling deeply, Aka moved to her bed, rather slowly because of her pregnancy, then sat on the bed's edge beside her. "Evalin..." Aka's tone became firm, clear, and concise, the lethargy having left her because of the strange odor-spewing bowl Tanabis gave her.

Aka extended a right hand as she brushed the Nuit's dark hair, trying to find some form of solace, everything the Queen said was based on assumptions, right? It sounded ridiculous for someone as informed as Tanabis, but... she wanted to believe that. Aka looked down on the ground as her hissing voice escaped her lips, "The Queen, ssshe..." She turned her head at Evalin, "Knowsss everything... Ssshe told me everything..." Then as she remembered those snakelings, Aka twitched for a tick before she calmed herself again.

"Evalin..." The fated one word question then finally came, "Why?"

"common" | "snake-tongue" | "arumenic" | thoughts

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Words: 654684
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Evalin on June 12th, 2014, 8:30 pm

Evalin raised an eyebrow as Aka went straight to the jewelry box, stowing something there before the nuit could see what it was. This gave the Immortal pause, and set a slight frown on her lips. Aka never hid anything from her, and the fact that she was suddenly so 'secretive' caused some part of Evalin to grow suspicious. Or rather more so than usual.

Something wasn't right. The way she moved, the look within her eyes. And the sluggishness, the weariness that had presided over her for days now seemed to have completely vanished. All of this made Evalin straighten her back on the bend, sliding to the edge of the bed to hang her legs over the side, crossing one over the other as she rested her hands in her lap. Those red points followed Aka as she sat on the bed, the look there in those eyes was not the usual loving and doting that the nuit had grown used to. Instead it was replaced, something harder, something more suspicious. An anger there perhaps? An accusation?

When the word "Queen" came from the little Mistress Evalin's eyes widened a fraction, She was summoned by a queen? Which one? The suspicion at Aka's actions and words was quickly fading, being replaced now by the icy cold that began to leak from the bond from the heart of her heart, Forward moves the clock, moments ticking by. Time here grows shorter indeed if the queen now be speaking with the girl of you.

When asked the question of 'why' Evalin simply blinked. Why what? What had the queen told her? That was what was important now. She had to know what was said of her by this Queen who seemed intent on moving against her.So, shifting her self so that she was angled more toward Aka Evalin would take the girl's hand between her own, rubbing a thumb over her knuckle as she moved her expression into one of slight confusion, "Why... Mistress I do not understand that which you ask. It was a Queen who summoned you? What Queen was this, and what has she told you of me?" Evalin inched closer, squeezing Aka's hand, "Mistress, if I have done something to shame you before a Queen truly I am sorry, and I shall do what i can to make amends."

Wonder I what has become known to this Queen...

Words403
Last edited by Evalin on June 16th, 2014, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on June 14th, 2014, 4:10 am

"..." The Viper narrowed her eyes in suspicion, did Eva truly not know? It seemed odd, the Nuit was always so informed, so wise, so knowing, the fact that Eva acted like someone who had been spending her years in a cave - figuratively, of course - struck her as a charade, perhaps the Nuit was acting dumb. It was not that far-fetched, Evalin was a crafty woman, Aka didn't mind, but she did mind when those devious plans were directed at her or involved the snakelings, deciding to humor the Nuit, Aka simply closed her eyes as she lay her back on her bed, "You really don't know? Well... alright." Still refusing to look at Evalin in the eyes, Aka began explaining.

"Yesss, not a Queen, The Queen," There was a big difference between a Queen and Tanabis, the supreme ruler of Zinrah, under Siku herself of course, "Queen Tanabis." Aka then raised her right hand as she idly rubbed her growing belly, where her unborn snakelings were forming, "She knowsss everything, Eva... our relationssship, Gressshal, Dressskal, your deedsss in the nessst, even the one where you..." Aka hitched her breath as she closed her eyes tighter then shifted her body as she lay on her side, facing away from the Nuit, "Manipulated a sssnakeling, causssing her to make an explosssion, k... killing three other sssnakelings, she told me it wasss your deed..." Aka tried her hardest to not let her emotions show, but as an Azenth, it came hard for her.

"No... Eva, don't be sssorry at me..." Aka's tone took on a sad presence as she curled herself on the lavish bed, "Be sssorry to yourssself..." When she turned back to face Evalin, the sight of a crying Viper would grace the Nuit's undead eyes, "Ssshe told me to kill you, ssshe gave me time until the 80th of Summer... I... don't want to do that, dessspite what you have done." Aka closed her eyes again, "What ussse of being a Queen myssself when I have to lossse you?!" Her voice raised as Aka poured her feelings, "Tanabis elected me asss one of her Queensss, but I don't feel happy about it! I ssshould have, but I don't! Because you have to die! No! I can't... I can't do it... I don't want to... y-you... you ssshould jussst, leave... Eva, jussst leave." In her shocked mind, Aka moved to her pillow then buried her face in it, sobbing like the young girl she appeared as.

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on June 15th, 2014, 5:07 am

THE Queen... THE Queen has been looking upon us and we have caught her interest. This is... unfortunate. Evalin kept her express confused, then she let it relax slowly as if she were starting to understand. She would let Aka finish, releasing her grip on the girl's hand so that she would move freely. Looking to the side Evalin passed a hand through her hair, silent as though in thought. Absently she played with the gem at her neck. "I see... Wondered I how long it would be till once more I was driven from the place I might have called home."

Evalin shook her head, standing to her feet and moving to take the staff that leaned against the wall. Her fingers traced lightly upon it, nails scraping the engravings in the wood, "Spoke I with a snakling yes, but with the blessing of a priestess. I thought... I thought that I should try to give back to the city that gave me a home, and so I spoke to this little one about my Mistress, about how she was kind to me. How she lived as a true Dhani should. I told her of the pleasure to be found in following the rule of a wise ruler... Never did I believe that my actions taken without your blessing would cause you such trouble and unease." The scraping stopped as Evalin looked back over her shoulder at the girl who lay upon her pillows, "For this I... I am truly sorry."

Evalin looked away once more, looking down at her hands that were both clasped around the neck of the staff, her back to Aka, "My... curse makes those around me grow to hate and despise me. I attract all of the darkest feelings of suspicion and revulsion in all that I come into contact with. In the very cities within which I dwell. It is inevitable, and it is why never would i have believed I could have found something so strange as... love." She paused a tick for dramatic affect, "Never did I believe it possible for one such as I to be loved, until... until my Mistress shared her love with me and I so foolishly thought that here it would be different. That I could stay here and be happy... but never was that meant to be." Her voice faded to a whisper.

Setting her staff back down Evalin moved to the dresser, taking her cloak which was neatly folded upon it and began to dawn the cloth, "Perhaps my Mistress is immune to the curse for reasons I cannot understand, but the rest of this nest is still susceptible to it. They grow to loath and hate my very presence here, and now even your Queen has taken notice. Never should you blame them for this, for they may not help this any more than they may help their need to breath. It brings forth such dark feelings and shadows their vision of the truth of my actions until whatever I do, whatever I say is the most terrible thing that should be punished by the worst of measures." She fitted the robes, her hand then pausing on the blue steel cloth cloak as she looked down at the ground, "I... know not why the snaklings died. I regret that such a tragedy has occurred, for surely in some way it was my fault. I bring hatred and blood wherever I roam, but never by my own intent. Perhaps... perhaps my being here alone is what caused the younglings to die... but let it be one more guilt upon my shoulders, and let it not cause my Mistress suffering."

Taking the folded cloth Evalin returned to the bed, setting the cloak on the bed as she began to collect her scarves and cloak, "Worry you not Mistress, for I shall remove myself. I will not be a burden upon you any longer. I-I..." Her voice caught in her throat as she closed her eyes, shaking her head, "I will shoulder what I can and free you of this burden that is Evalin. I free you from the curse of my love Mistress..."

Even as she spoke these words, as if they were sincere, Evalin's mind was working for a way to turn this in her own direction. Some way to alter this situation, turn it on its head and make what seems a grim sentence into only a minor inconvenience. Evalin could almost hear it, the ticking of the clock counting down around her. Time was growing short. What an odd concept that was. A nuit who was running out of time.

Words778
Last edited by Evalin on June 16th, 2014, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on June 16th, 2014, 4:46 am

Of course, Evalin would say that, yes, Aka knew this, the Nuit would leave... forever and ever, never to come back again, and Aka would lose one of the most precious person in her life, one who loved her back like she loved Eva. The Viper kept sobbing to her pillow, refusing to look at the Nuit. There were always two sides of the story and Eva meant well, Aka really wanted to believe that, she didn't intend to kill those snakelings, she merely wanted to help the nest, but... it backfired. Who knows, perhaps this was one of Eva's curses that she didn't realize, she was a being who lived on hatred and in the end, everyone would hate her... well, most people, Aka was somehow 'immune' to the curse.

The Viper went silent, only occasionally sobbing and gasping, curling up on her bed, rubbing at her womb, Evalin wouldn't share the joy of seeing her eggs nor would Aka have the privilege of having her snakelings be taught vast ancient knowledge by the sorceress. "Ev... Eva..." Aka sobbed the Nuit's name, she had so much to say, so much to comebacks to have Eva stay, but of course, it would be foolish, Tanabis would have both of their heads... that meant the deaths of her unborn children. As much as Aka abhorred to even consider, Eva leaving was the most plausible and best choice for all of them.

However, her feelings exploded when the Nuit started to leave, Aka swiftly turned around and grasped both of Eva's hands with her own, looking at the Nuit's red eyes with her own sobbing ones, "P-promissse..." The Viper hitched her breath, then plowed one, "Promissse me, we will meet again..." She didn't want to care if it wasn't possible, she just wanted Eva to make that promise, right then and there. In Zinrah, in the Jungle Wilds, or even under the sea, Aka didn't care, she just wanted to see the Nuit again someday in the future.

OOCI think... this should be the last post? :)

If yes, I will post it for grading, just PM me. :D

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on June 16th, 2014, 5:14 am

With but a few words Evalin had turned suspicion and doubt to sympathy and, perhaps, forgiveness. It was a step yes, a minor one at the very least, but it provided the barest footholds on which Evailn could begin to stand. Her hands worked slowly as they took up the scarves, crusher and snapper, wrapping them around her neck so that their wooden snake heads would rest against her chest. Her mind was working, searching, pondering and puzzling. There had to be something, anything... and even as she let these thoughts flow there was a nagging sensation at the back of her mind. Something she had overlooked surely, something just out of her sight...

The 80th of Summer is still some days away. Tsenrika's cool voice cut through the thoughts the nuit was shuffling through, and it was like she was struck by reimantic lightning. Of course! Evalin had to die BY the 80th of Summer, and it had to be Aka herself who did it.

That means... Evalin was just beginning to lift her staff from where it rested against the wall, Until the 80th of Summer the Queen shall not interfere... She has left the task to Aka, as a test of sorts. Yes, it was all coming together. Perfectly. Almost TOO perfectly. It made suspicion begin to grow within Eva's bosom as she looked upward to the cavern's ceiling, though in truth she saw past it to the being she knew must be watching somewhere.

"It... Is a test." Evalin began slowly, still looking upward, "Queen Tanabis is testing my Mistress, seeing where her loyalties lie. She ordered you to kill me and so... if I were to leave, then my Mistress would fail her judgement and surely be killed in my stead..."

Turning to look back at Aka Evalin pushed a hand through her hair, her brows furrowing together in mock concern, "Mistress... I cannot leave, not as this, not if you and your offspring shall be endangered by my doing so." Evalin tapped her thumb on her staff, her eyes growing distant as her thoughts began to work in earnest, crafting clever plans and twisting lies into a weave that would satisfies her desires, "Until the 80th of Summer you have to kill me, and surely she shall require proof... Then, Mistress, I cannot leave until proof may be given to her."

She paused a couple of ticks, letting this sink in as she smiled, "I shall not be leaving just yet, and so... Mistress, let us take the time we have remaining to enjoy each other's company, AND let us prepare a grand display for the Queen. If she wishes me dead..." Evalin looked at Aka, "Then she shall have her wish." If Aka was looking at her Eva would wink, a knowing smile touching her lips. She had a plan. One that would ensure Aka would prove her loyalty to the Queen AND get to spend the last of these days with her beloved. And Evalin would have the time she required to prepare her own, final, scheme.

Words515
Last edited by Evalin on June 16th, 2014, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on June 16th, 2014, 5:49 am

"W-what?" Unexpected, truly unexpected, in her sadness and frustration, Evalin's words shot through Aka's mind like sharp ice, quenching her roaring flames of despair, giving way for cold logic and deduction to take place. Of course, it was a test, Tanabis wanted to see whether Aka was more loyal to her - or Zinrah in general - or Evalin, of course, if the Viper chose the latter, Tanabis would order her execution. This was a great dilemma and it was all engineered by the Queen, truly a crafty Dhani she was, well, Tanabis held such a powerful position for a reason after all.

"I ssse..." The Viper pursed her lips as her sobbing stopped, her scarlet eyes narrowing as she felt anger took over, and the lust for power, yes, the lust to take Tanabis' plans and shove them right up her ass. Tanabis thought she had driven Aka to a cruel choice, save her own skin or doom Evalin to Dira, Aka wouldn't have that. Tanabis elected her to be a Queen, then be a ruler she shall, except for the God of Flames, she shall bow down to no one.

"I underssstand," Aka nodded then lovingly rubbed Evalin's cheek, "I entrussst everything to you, Eva." The Nuit said they could enjoy what little time they had, at least in Zinrah, for surely Aka would find a way to see her beloved undead somewhere outside the nest. The wink only riled the Viper further, she felt her depression eased away by raging ambition, Aka hissed happily as she hugged the Nuit tight then deeply kissed her in the lips, giving her all into the physical affection, going as far as to insert her slithering tongue to the Nuit's cold dead mouth, after a long seven ticks, Aka pulled away, smiling like she had never smiled before, "No one decidesss our fate, Eva. No. One."

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on June 23rd, 2014, 6:36 pm

Evalin returned the kiss with equal passion, though as she did her mind was already working on the steps she would have to take.

Prepare we must... We must begin devising a grand show, something that will shudder the foundations of this place. One that will forever burn in the minds of those here the name 'Evalin'...

Through blood and devastation do the greatest memories become embedded forever. Then let us create such hatred here that it cracks these very tunnels so that we might escape from this accursed place at last.

Indeed. Let them never forget what shall become known as the greatest tragedy Zinrah has every experienced... and let it be on the heads of the Myrians that the blame falls.

Pulling back Evalin would stroke the curve of Aka's neck, smiling as she brushed her cold lips against Aka's forehead, "Worry you not Mistress. Your loving servant will see to everything. Trust in me..." The nuit chuckled, "Fate has no power over us. We will carve out our own path. We are subjected to none but our own wills. Let us show them all how powerful we are, together."

OOCSorry for the slow response I've had very little time for posting lately. I think this thread is just about wrapped up, and nicely if I might add. I think with this post we can call it a day unless you want to add anything :)

Words192
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on June 23rd, 2014, 6:50 pm

OOCI just have to make this short reaction post. :D

The Viper closed her eyes as she put her forehead on Eva's shoulder after the Nuit kissed it, her tensed muscles gradually relaxing as she slowly, hesitantly, released the Nuit from her hug, "I trussst you..." Though her words were short, it meant a lot, she was putting everything into the Nuit's plans here. Failure could mean the death for both of them... and that would also include her unborn snakelings.

Opening her scarlet slits, Aka looked up at the standing Nuit from her sitting form, "Even if we ssshould walk our own pathsss in the end, know that," The Viper put her right hand to caress Evalin's cheek, "You will alwaysss have a place in my heart." Aka then gave her undead lover a happy, yet sad, smile, "Don't worry about me, I will find a way to finally let you go, life... goesss on. I can't keep clinging and torturing myself," It was a sign of the Viper's growing maturity, Aka then gave a final nod at the Nuit, "Though it isss ssstill in the future, I want to sssay it now."

Aka inhaled, then prepared the most determined voice she could muster, "Good bye, Evalin, my lover." There, she severed the cord of her attachment with the Nuit, though in a positive way, this didn't mean she had to cut all connections of course, it was just Aka giving an official sign that they must go on their separate ways.

Others might hate you for what you are, I have felt the same prejudice...

Even if I am the only one who could love this single flower in the whole desert, then so be it.

OOCAlright, posting it for grading! :)

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next