Lotus Meditation

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This subforum is for small businesses that do not require extensive subforums for organization. These Small Business Sheets are simply posted records of what a business is for, its expenses, its debt and the profit it makes.

Lotus Meditation

Postby Grash on April 24th, 2014, 8:04 pm

My plan is for Grash to teach meditation in Zeltiva while he gos to the University. This would be a very small location, with no more than ten people in any given class. And it's not a fancy place, so there would be no sales bonus.

Business: Lotus Meditation

Business Type: Meditation Instruction

Services Offered: Meditation Training: Novice 50 gm(In your sample Business plan for Yahno's Bathhouse, you put 50 gm for novice meditation training. However I wasn't sure if I should keep that number for this plan or not)

Base Income: Instructor 5 gm/day (ranges from 1-15)

Skill Bonus: 0 gm/day

Sales Bonus: 1 gm/day (owner/operator)

Ingenuity/Efficiency Bonus: 1 gm/day (A Jamoura teaching Meditation)

Total Income: 7 gm/day

Assets: Structure - Common Area (-250 gm)
11 meditation mats (The closest thing I could find was winter blankets so I'll use that pricing. -5 sm x 11 = -6 gm)

Sitting near the docks, lies a small brick building with and a sign above that reads "Lotus Meditation." The bricks are covered in dirt and moss. Most would walk past the building, and not even notice, if it wasn't for the brightly painted sign. The bricks are covered in dirt and moss.

Standing inside, you would not guess that the exterior of the building was made of filthy bricks. The walls were painted a dark blue, and the light colored wood floorboards shine with a beautiful polish. Eleven blue meditation mats sat on the floor, one lying in front of the others. At the side of the room is a glass double door.

Last edited by Grash on May 6th, 2014, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grash
Player

Words: 4563
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2014, 5:56 am
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Lotus Meditation

Postby Gillar on May 6th, 2014, 11:12 am

I like the idea of a Jamoura operating a place like this. As far as the plan itself, the Instructor occupation and Base Income look appropriate. However, with the related job skill of Mediation being at L1, you do not gain a skill bonus to income. The bonus starts at Competent (L2). All numbers are rounded down as well. Now, based on the information you have provided thus far in the plan:

Base Income: 5 gm/day (Instructor)
Skill Bonus: 0 gm/day (L1 Meditation)
Sales Bonus: 1 gm/day (Owner/Operator)
Ingenuity/Efficiency Bonus: 1 gm/day (A Jamoura teaching Meditation)
Final Income: 7 gm/day

I would like to see a few more details regarding this business such as maybe a brief description of the business similar to what you would put in the final location. This isn't exactly a requirement for a business plan but it gives me a little more of an idea of what the business may look like for when I grant final approval. Otherwise, I really like this idea.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Lotus Meditation

Postby Grash on May 6th, 2014, 6:07 pm

I still need to shrink down that image, but how is that? Do you need more details on the business?
Grash
Player

Words: 4563
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2014, 5:56 am
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Lotus Meditation

Postby Gillar on June 15th, 2014, 9:42 am

Approved with the following Notations:

I am approving this business plan however the attending Storyteller may require a more detailed description for the actual business location that goes beyond a handful of sentences. Otherwise, the numbers aspect works for me.

Disclaimer: This approval is only for the Business Plan itself. Approval of the business and its location, including any NPCs be they current or future, is up to the relevant Storyteller.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)