Jed's Beds & Boxes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This subforum is for small businesses that do not require extensive subforums for organization. These Small Business Sheets are simply posted records of what a business is for, its expenses, its debt and the profit it makes.

Jed's Beds & Boxes

Postby Jed Radacke on May 8th, 2014, 8:18 pm

Beds & Boxes
Est. 510 AV

Intro/General Rundown

I've got a Dynasty member in Kenash so here is the business. The shop is mostly furniture with some boxes and chests as well. Jed takes special requests and has a small area for poor quality furniture, but mostly sells average quality items, until his skills increase. I will be sorting out a plan for transportation. Once the business is started and I get some money flow to do that.

I'd also like to mention that I have a PC that will be helping with the work in the business.
Timothy Mered does not have very many skills pertaining to the business yet, so I will be taking him in as an apprentice of sorts, but he will be helping with the work load along with my NPC Sander (see below). Sander will be helping purely with organizing the business, while Tim will be helping with the making the furniture and general help as well.

Goods & Services

Business Type: Goods & Services

Furniture
*Jed only sells average quality furniture in his showrooms. He doesn't put poor quality furniture in the showrooms. If he messes up he will usually throw it out or scraps it. You would have to request to go to the backroom for poor quality furniture, and the selection is rather slim. As his skills increase, this option will disappear

Average Quality
Item Price
Arm Chair 4 gm
Bed Frame 10 gm
Book Case (50 books avg) 8 gm
Chair 7 sm
Cupboards 2 gm
Desk 2 gm
Dresser 2 gm
End Table 3 sm
Hutch 2 gm
Shelf Set 2 sm
Table 1 gm
Wardrobe 2 gm

Boxes and Chests
Most boxes and chests in the showroom are average quality, but you can occasionally find a good quality box/chest. For more pricing, go to the price list.
Item Price
Apothecary Chest 40 gm
Coffer/Lockbox 1 gm
Haut Bois 20 gm
Large Chest 2 gm
Sewing box 2 gm
Vanity Box 25 gm
Bachelor's Chest 30 gm
Glove Box 2 gm
Jewelry Box 2 gm
Spice Box 5 gm
Blanket Chest 1 gm
Great Chest 4 gm
Knife and Cutlery Box 2 gm
Mule Chest 8 gm
Small Chest 1 gm

Services
There is an option for personalized furniture. If you cannot find what you need on the list or want something more, you go to Jed. He will work with you to build what you need and specialize it to your wishes. Walk-ins are easiest but should you need to schedule an appointment, there is a 5 gm placeholder. You give 5 gm when you schedule it and get 5 gm back when you show up on time.
Note: There is a 75% chance that your appointment will be irritating.

To schedule an appointment, you can simply PM me or post here.

Transportation
Customers are encouraged to bring their own forms of transportation, since Beds and Boxes does not currently have a solution to that problem. Most furniture made my Bed's and Boxes are not excessively large (excluding wardrobes, beds, tables and some chests/boxes). If it cannot be arrived are assembled on-sight. Although this does pose a problem, it is in the works.

Note to STs: I understand if this is going to drop my sales some, I plan on tackling this problem right away. As of now it is not in my starting skills or budget to provide transportation, and there is no option available in Kenash for me to arrange a contract with. This problem should not last longer than one, possibly two, seasons.

Income & Expenses

Base Income: WoodcarverI'm using the woodcarver income as the base for a furniture maker: 5 gm/day
Sales Bonus: +1 gm/day
Skills Bonus: Carpentry (Competent)= + 3 gm/day
Total Income: 9 gm/day

Assets:
-Sander (Clerk Slave - 0.5 gm/day): 45 gm
-Timothy Mered (General Slave - 0.5 gm/day): 45 gm
-Local Lumber (~2000 lb): 200 gm
-Unusual Lumber (~400 lb): 144 gm
-Other Supplies (Nails, Knobs & Odd Bits): 150 gm Price BreakdownI really don't know exactly all the supplies he would need but I'm betting its more than just lumber so I hope this will cover all the small things that might be needed. This and the lumber will be part of the supplies cost when it needs replenishing.
-Building: 2737 gm, 5 sm
-10 Blank Books: 30 gm
-10 Black Ink Vials: 10 gm
-5 Quills: 25 cm

*All furniture is made by Jed himself and so it become part of the lumber and supplies cost

Debt= 3,271 gm, 7 sm, 5 cm to the Radacke Family

Building Breakdown

-Simple Common Area (1200 sq. ft.)= 750 gm
-Elaborate Storage (400 sq. ft.)= 1000 gm
-Simple Office (200 sq. ft.)= 200 gm
-Back Room (200 sq. ft.)= 200 gm Price BreakdownJust a Simple Office
-Elaborate Wood Shop= 1500 gm Price BreakdownI just took the price of an elaborate Herbalism or Philtering Lab and used it as the wood shop pricing

Total= 3650 gm - 25% initial construction reduction= 2737 gm, 5 sm

NPC

ImageName: Sander
Race: Human
DoB: 17 (78th of Spring 497AV)
Title/Relationship: Clerk & assistant at Beds & Boxes
Skills: Organization 15, Carving 15, Writing 10, Mathematics 10
Pay: 0.5 gm/day (from business ledger)
Brief Bio & History: Sander is a quiet boy, although quite mischievous. Despite this, he is responsible. For not being born a slave, he has little issue with his position. Sander invests most of his interest in Jed's profession, despite it not being his purpose, trying to help out with the actual making of the furniture when he is allowed. His main job is to attend the sales and organize the shop to be more aesthetically pleasing, as Jed can't seem to be bothered do it himself. He goes through and cleans up after Jed, and is there to address any questions or requests of the customers. Most of the customers concerns will simply be directed to Jed, but he will try to answer nonetheless. Since Sander was born free, he doesn't possess the submissive nature of slaves, which can come as a shock to Dynasty members when he talks back or voices his opinions. But Sander doesn't speak up without a solid reason to do so, he may not be submissive, but he is respectful, which is the only thing that keeps him from getting into trouble. When he does his words are swift and witty, though not always knowledgeable. Its easy to say his tongue has surpassed his age, and Jed always reminds him of it with a quick hit or shove. If you ever witness and argument between the two, it would be quite comical. Considering Jed will just deliver a blunt smack if he finds Sander annoying, it is rare. Jed had gotten Sander when his business started, a few years ago. Though their history together isn't long, Sander was quick to learn the ins and outs of working for Jed and managing the parts of the shop that Jed neglects. (HD)

Business Ledger

Season Purchases/Sales Price Balance
Summer 514AV Initial Debt -3,271 gm, 7 sm, 5 cm -3,271 gm, 7 sm, 5 cm
Last edited by Jed Radacke on September 28th, 2014, 7:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Jed Radacke
Player

Words: 84223
Joined roleplay: February 19th, 2014, 1:25 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Jed's Beds & Boxes

Postby Gillar on June 15th, 2014, 9:52 am

Business Approved with the following Notations:

Looking good! You will want to come up with an appropriate location description that must be approved by the attending Storyteller. Keep in mind also the quality of your work will be dependent on your character's skill level.

Disclaimer: This approval is only for the Business Plan itself. Approval of the business and its location, including any NPCs be they current or future, is up to the relevant Storyteller.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Jed's Beds & Boxes

Postby Jed Radacke on June 15th, 2014, 4:09 pm

~Adjusted so only average and poor quality furniture is for sale
Jed Radacke