Solo The Beginning of the End

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

The Beginning of the End

Postby Evalin on June 16th, 2014, 6:49 pm

16th of Summer, 514 AV

Tick, tick, tick... It was insistent now. The ticks began to pass in the most noticeable fashion such that it was near agony for the Immortal. For the first time in 200 years Evalin was forced to take into account the passing ticks, the chimes, the bells, for now she was given a time limit. A short time --but what time was ever too long?-- to bring to fruition plans and schemes which were in and of themselves still in their budding stages. it was a dreadful, mind numbing task which all together made the nuit's head spin, and in truth it gave her such a thrill that it brought a smile to her lips.

"Oh how it is easily forgotten, the excitement when faced with too much to do and little time to do it in. When the lives of so many hang in the balance, and my own goals soon shall be made real." Evalin closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the wall, "Exhilarating."

"Mind you do not become lost in the thrill and forget the task at hand." Tsenrika advised in his usual icy way. Aka was gone for the day, doing something of a queenly nature Eva was sure, which meant that for the time being the nuit had the whole of the cavern to itself. The floating blue orb hovered over her left shoulder, his voice pressing, "Preparations are to be made."

"Indeed so," Evalin said, raising a hand in front of her face and lowering fingers as she began to list off the things she had to do, "Wary we must be of those who might see us, so further forms we must add to our collection so that we may walk about freely, for the time being at least. We must begin amassing forces from the Diverse, and many we shall need. Be it advantageous for us to try and enlist a few other specimens to our cause as well. Perhaps those rather gluttonous folk..."

"Remember you what happened last time they were summoned?"

Evalin wiggled her fingers at the Familiar with a smile, "Worry not, for this time I shall not tread close enough for them to nibble a limb from me." She then looked back at her hand, turning down one more finger, "We must improve the circle and reinforce it with glyphs so that it shall hold for the... final grand display. Much preparations that will take."

"Perhaps consult with one here who might know more than you...? If such are willing to speak that is."

Evalin nodded, "As you say. I am certain there is one place within the nest who would specialize in this field. Try I shall to persuade them to offer some guidance on my task, if it be at all possible."

Another finger curled down, "Then we must prepare ourselves. Adapt and train as we have before to become stronger, for surely we shall be met with resistance."

"They will be cut down to make way for my Master's path."

"Such sacrifices are unavoidable, but in the end it is always for their own good for they know not the danger they are in. Pity though that their lives end in futility. Morn them not, however, for prosper they shall in their next cycle."

"Certainly..." The familiar floated around in front of the nuit's face, "Shall we begin preparations?"

Evalin saw herself smile in that reflection, and she nodded, standing slowly, "Yes my dear Tsenrika. Let our preparations begin."

Words587

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Beginning of the End

Postby Evalin on June 16th, 2014, 7:58 pm

They might as well begin at the first, and simplest, part of their preparations. With the plans and days to come Evalin would require a force, a considerable one upon which to rely upon. They would need to be mindless pawns, or rather terrible brutes he lived only for battle. Well, ONE of the parts of her force would have to be at least.

Evalin chuckled as she walked into the magical lab area of Aka's courtiers, finding a bit of charcoal on the table which she picked up and stowed in her pocket. The little queen had so kindly given Evalin exactly what she needed, a place where she could practice and prepare. Where she could work, negotiate and build her power secretly and away from the rest of the nest. And so Evalin began to clear away a space on the floor, pushing back the tables and other furniture she did not need until she had a good space about six feet across. Kneeling on the floor Evailn would take out the coal she had collected before and begin scraping out the rough oversized circle which would become the barrier to keep the magics within and under control.

It was a simple thing really, the art of Summoning. It was straight forward as far as tecnique went, and within a chime Evalin was already finished with the outer barrier. she then began creating the 16 smaller circles just within the larger one, connecting them all by another circle. Finally, at the very center Evailn put one more circle, smaller even than the 16 coordinate spaces, which would become the focus of the entire portal.

Standing Evalin would tap her chin with a finger, Tsenrika floating over her shoulder to observer her work thus far, "For that which I plan I care not of the strength of the portal, for shall I only be bringing in ONE creature at a time in order to prepare those that I shall summon next."

The familiar floated to the other side of the half finished circle, his form already shifting until across from her stood a mirror reflection of herself, Tsenrika in replicate form, "Wish you only to open the portal and allow whomever might pass? Then perhaps a simple four point shall be sufficient." He/she waved a hand at four corners of the circle for emphasis.

"Yes, but those of the Diverse are a fickle bunch. So consumed by blood and violence that they might easily ignore my calling. Strange it is despite how often I call upon their services."

"I may go to retrieve them as I have done before." Tsenrika offered folding his hands behind his back as she looked across the space at Evalin.

The nuit shrugged, "Certainly you may, however, would I rather that you did not. It is uncomfortable for you to travel across the worlds despite the strength of our bond, or rather because of it." She crouched down and looked at the circle intently, "Then shall I make this portal more attractive, and open it within a well known settlement from which I have drawn followers before. It shall spare us the need for traversing the distance at least." Breaking the charcoal in two Evalin tossed a piece of it to Tsenrika who caught it. They both crouched down then, entering the coordinates into the 16 circles that would open the portal to Zaiden. After this was finished Evalin would then begin creating lines within it, looking at Tsenrika as he began to copy her, "Let us prepare an 8 point circle, stable enough to old and to encourage the Diverse to enter. Should they break free simply shall we throw him back to his people, the message will be delivered no matter the case."

This part would take about five chimes to complete. Tsenrika and Evalin worked as one unit, each drawing half of the design until it was completed. Within the circle was drawn an 8 pointed star, and then Evalin would move to a corner, near the very tip of one of the 8 points and draw another circle the size of the focus. She would then draw lines out from this point to each of the stars tips, connecting them all to the target circle, ensuring the portal would open at the correct location on the world.

Stepping back Evalin replaced the coal in her pocket, dusting off her hands and pulling a small dagger from the folds of her robes. Across the circle she looked at Tsenrika, who was once more standing with his hands folded behind his back, and said, "Let us call upon the Diverse who shall represent his people, and send him to call his brother's and sisters to my cause."

Evalin smiled and cut her finger, letting a single drop of white ichor fall onto the outer rim of the gateway.

Words817

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Beginning of the End

Postby Evalin on June 16th, 2014, 8:34 pm

The ichor fell upon the charcoal drawing, and from its point of impact lights began to rush around and fill the lines drawn by the nuits own hands. From the outer circle energy began to flow, the sounds of rushing water coupled with flashing lights as djed, crazy and wild, flowed out from the parameter in a cascading whirlpool to contact with a crash at the center, dipping down through the floor and opening up to darkness beyond.

Stepping back Evalin pulled up the hood of her robes, adjusting her clothing so that she would appear presentable, and perhaps intimidation. Gesturing at Tsenrika, her meaning clear, Evalin took up her staff and only glanced at the Familiar as he took on his male form, the magic of morphing pulling on the strings of her djed as well as the magic took hold. As it turned out Evalin and Tsenrika would have several chimes to wait, staring idly into the swirling energy until, at last, a large hand burst up from the center, djed splashing violently but never leaving the circle itself. This hand was followed by a second that grasped at the edges of the portal, tugging and pulling itself up, the surface of the gateway swelling as if something large were coming up from beneath the portal. Djed cascaded off of the creatures body, giving the illusion that the creature was surfacing from water, grasping for air as it struggled to its feet against the flow. Finally it stood fully erect, its body large and daunting. It was over six feet tall, its shoulder's wide and sloping. Big meaty arms hung past his waist, almost enough for his knuckles to drag the ground when he walked. His legs were squat, and he was stuck in a permanent crouch by his twisted spine that bent him forward and gave a hunch to his shoulder blades. His feet were barely feet at all, so thick and round that they looked more like continuations of his shins and there was no visible ankle. Two tows were on each foot, each barely a stub and so small they were not easily identified as toes at all. Skin was brown like mud, muscles large and deformed marked his body as prominently as the many scars. Finally a tiny head sat upon the meat slab of a neck, and small eyes stared out from a sloping brow and shaven head.

The Diverse looked at Evalin, then at Tsenrika who was to his left. With one hand he scratched his head, the motion difficult because of the chains of djed that bound him to Evalin's will. He did not look overly bright, and faintly Evalin wondered if he could even speak? As she cared little for waiting Evalin decided it was best if SHE were to make the first move.

"Greetings to you great creature from Zaiden. You have been summoned to the World of Mizahar, to carry the message of one who knows your people well." Evalin stepped closer to the portal, rapping her staff on the ground to get the creatures attention, "Do you know who I am?"

The Diverse stared at Evalin for a few ticks longer, still rubbing his head with a blank expression. A simpleton surely, and Evalin was just beginning to send him back when she was surprised by the clear, and somewhat entrancing voice that came from this ugly creature.

"You are the Witch Evalin... We know of you. Boldus went to your world not long ago. He must have died a bloodie death." The creature's rhetoric, and his deep rumbling voice caused the nuit to be at a loss for words for a moment. It was rare that one met a Diverse who could think, or speak, clearly, let alone make connections such as her presence being the cause of one of his people's death.

"Who are you? You speak well for your kind... I would know the lineage of one such as you."

"Dari'krot, son of Drauk'nal. He was summoned by the Contractor some time ago, and he too is said to have made great blood pour and with him brought treasure from this land which he shared with none." There was a growl to his voice, like a barely contained giant lay just beneath the surface. This creature was dangerous, and at a whim he might very well try to destroy his shackles and free himself to go on a grand spree of death and destruction.

"Ahh I do remember him..." Evalin lied, leaning on her staff as she looked out from the darkness of her hood. She could feel Tsenrika from across the circle. He was calling upon their power, gathering res for he as well sensed the danger in this man, if he could even be called a man anymore, "Then Dari'krot, son of Drauk'nal, will you as your father before you give your aid to the Contractor and great beautiful war and carnage?"

Dari'krot smiled, showing broken and missing teeth as he beat his chest with a fist, "I will fight as we all would fight. Provide the spoils of war, and you will have my strength."

"Good." Evalin smiled, "Then I have a task for you." Raising a hand Evalin gestured widely to indicate everything around her, "This place that you see... It has been rather amusing to me while I stayed, and as a token of my gratitude I would like to depart from it with a grand display that shall never be forgotten." She pointed at the Diverse, "Go to your people and gather as many that you can at this point that I have summoned you, telling them that the Immortal Witch Evalin, Sorceress of Flame and Shadow calls upon the Diverse to aid her. There is to be a war in Falyndar, and your people shall take part in the carnage and bloodshed as is your right."

"A war," The Diverse nearly wiggled in delight, his smile broadening as excitement began to fill his soul, "The war will be great indeed. The Diverse shall throw all that it can into the battle. At last we will slaughter more than our own people. At last we shall wage war in Mizahar once again!" He beat his chest with both hands, the chains beginning to strain with his excitement.

"Go then," Evalin said, snapping her fingers so that the flowing djed began to course faster, pulling the Diverse down into the pool, "Call to arms your brothers and sisters. I shall summon your strongest to speak with me and we shall prepare for a war none shall ever forget."

"So shall it be!" He growled, pumping his fist into the air as the portal swallowed him up, closing with a crash like rapids as the portal evaporated, leaving behind only a smudge where the drawing had been before.

Tsenrika walked closer to Evalin, his eyes looking down at the smudged stones, "We will need to prepare more circles... They will need to be reinforced to bear the burden of so many souls passing through. They will need to be created far in advance, and a system must be created by which to activate them."

"Indeed they shall my dear Tsenrika." Evalin replied, her eyes distant as she absently fingered the carvings on her staff.

"There is much still to do."

Evalin smiled as she turned her back on the Familiar, "Then we had best get started."

Words1246

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Beginning of the End

Postby Traverse on June 19th, 2014, 1:26 pm

Evalin

Experience:

• Drawing 1 XP
  • Intimidation 1 XP
  • Observation 1 XP
  • Planning 3 XP
  • Rhetoric 1 XP
  • Socialization 3 XP
  • Summoning 2 XP

Lore:

• The need of an Army
  • An Essential Part of an Army: Brutes
  • Dari'krot: A More Intelligent Diverse than Most

Additional Notes :
Ooh hoo quite the beginning we have here, cannot wait to see as more of Evalin's plans unfold!

If you have any questions, concerns, accolades, complaints, etc about your grade, drop me a PM and we can most certainly talk it out.

As always, Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)