Location [Riverfall] The Citizenship, Housing, and Labor Aid Office

If one seeks citizenship, housing, and work in Riverfall, a guest or visitor must apply here first.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall] The Citizenship, Housing, and Labor Aid Office

Postby Alyra on July 25th, 2014, 11:46 pm

11th of Summer, 514 AV

Alyra walked into the Labor Aid Office hesitantly. She had been putting off finding a job for days, and she was none too happy about being forced to find one now. It wasn't that she didn't want to pull her own weight, or that she was particularly lazy. Instead, it was because of the impending disappointment. The eth knew that she wouldn't be able to get a job that reflected her dreams. She had no outstanding skills or abilities, and the skills she did have seemed useless.

Nevertheless, if she were to follow Syna's guidance and stay in Riverfall, then she'd need to get a job. So, despite her resentment, Alyra walked up to the counter and smiled warmly.

"I need some help finding a job, if you wouldn't mind." Alyra was about to launch into an explanation of her situation when the Akalak slid a paper across the counter.

"I don't mind, it's my job. Fill this out and bring it back, please." The man spoke as Alyra took the paper. She wasn't quite sure how to interpret the "it's my job" bit, but she shrugged away the offense. After all, this was his job; dealing with the unemployed all day long, every day, must be tedious. Any anger, or boredom, he held was understandable.

Name: Alyra
Race: Ethaefal
Relevant Skills: Leadership. Teaching, Animal Husbandry,
Preferred Employment: Teacher/tutor, Nanny, Library Attendant
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Indefinitely

"Here we are." Alyra handed the form back to the man, waiting for a response.

Thoughts ~.~ Common ~.~ Tukant (0000BF) ~.~ Kontinese (FFFFFF)
Piraen
Alyra
Player

Words: 70686
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2012, 7:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Yra on August 1st, 2014, 9:24 am

61st of Summer, 514 AV.

It had been all but ten days since Yra emerged from the glistening Suvan, memories of the Goldenlands plaguing her as she interacted with her saviours, the Svefra who took her in, and she found this strange city with her jewel-coloured natives to be strange. She was not naive, though: a good life required service. She needed to work for her place, for her livelihood, and although she did not know how long Eilin and Calin would keep their ships moored, she sought employment regardless.

Directions brought her to the Housing and Labour Aid Office. The press of bodies, colourful and not, agitated her. She stood as tall as she could in her golden form, orange eyes alight with thoughts, and awaited her turn. When it came and she stepped forward a last time, she smiled at the attendant waiting.

"I would like a form so I may find employment," she said, sweetly as she could. Provided with the slip, she took it aside and filled it out. Once complete, she returned it to the attendant, prim and proper and stiff. Now, came the wait as options were provided.

Name: Yra.
Race: Ethaefal.
Relevant Skills: Cutlass, violin, sailing, leadership.
Preferred Employment: Entertainment.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Indefinite.
Yra
there are no strings on me.

Words: 66902
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2014, 3:32 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ashford Yendorin on August 12th, 2014, 7:48 am

Late Morning, 71st of Summer, 514 AV

Ashford stepped forward and grabbed the Labor Assistance form after receiving direction from the Akalak at the desk. he stepped to the side putting down his belongings and swiftly filled out the form.

Name: Ashford Yendorin
Race: Human Mixed (Drykas)
Relevant Skills: Animal Husbandry, Intelligence, Philosophy, Writing, Birdkeeping, Wilderness Survival
Preferred Employment: Working with Animals, Assistant Scholary work, Port Authority Laborer
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Remainder of the Summer & through Fall Season

Ashford finishes and hands over the form. Malin, the Akalak at the desk, introduces himself. "Welcome! It says you will be staying through Fall Season. What brings you to Riverfall?"

Ashford shares with enthusiasm, "I have a family heritage near Riverfall. I am looking for a start after attending the University of Zeltiva. I'm uncertain how permanent I will reside after this coming season. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Ashford recognizing the importance of social interaction and the difference of custom in Riverfall politely answers. His true interest in the short term is to establish himself in the region as a scholar, keep to himself as much as possible raising animals, and with any hope for the long term, gain a connection with his mother's horseman clan and open a successful business. Ashford's love of the sea will always exist, but with age and education his real interests are developing skills that will bring peace with nature and to all those he encounters. His thoughts of his goals flutter across his mind as he listens to Malin's Labor options.
Ashford Yendorin
Nature wears the colors of the spirit

Words: 5615
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2014, 9:58 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Lyr on August 15th, 2014, 6:53 pm

Third day of Winter, 514 AV

Lyr walked into the Labor Aid office. She felt official walking through the doors, and Lyr liked official. She approached the desk, "Good morning." She said, and the attendant there returned the greeting. "I am looking for a job." The Akalak passed her a form. Lyr went to sit and fill it out. It was easy, though her resume was pitifully bare. The hardest part was listing preferred employment, she hadn't had many jobs, so she simply put down anything that might interest her, or what she thought she could excel at.

Name: Lyr
Relevant Skills: Astrology, Astronomy, Writing.
Preferred Employment: Library assistant, scribe, apprentice healer or animal handler. Anything artistic or literary, or even sewing.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Indefinite.

Lyr returned the form, "I really don't know any of the jobs around here, I expect you can help? She said, looking to the man at the desk.
Last edited by Lyr on September 1st, 2014, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyr is a dormant character until further notice.

Lyr
Healing the Soul.

Words: 16789
Joined roleplay: August 7th, 2014, 2:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gillie Dhu on August 21st, 2014, 11:30 pm

50th of Summer, 514 AV

Gillie Dhu waltzed into the Labor Aid Office, hands in his pockets and his usual (slightly unnerving) smirk on his face. He withdrew both hands quickly as he made eye contact with a husky Akalak who brushed past him. He ran both hands through his thick, tousled black hair and grinned like he owned the place.

He didn't, but he certainly looked like it.

In fact, he barely owned anything. Money was tight, and his shady "errand-running" jobs weren't bringing in the Mizas he needed to thrive on. Gillie figured it was about time for some more stable employment. At least until he could establish himself. Maybe even apply for Kuvan citizenship one day.

"Hey, man," he said with a grin, approaching the desk where an Akalak (either Malin or Malix, he wasn't sure which) was seated, "could you tell me where the Labor Assistance Forms are?"

The Akalak directed him to the proper document, saying, "Please fill out the following..."

Gillie took one and began to fill it out. He wasn't exactly sure what sort of job his resume would turn up, but hopefully it would be something exciting.

He slid the form across the desk to the Akalak on the other side. "Here ya go."

Name: Gillie Dhu
Race: Human
Relevant Skills: Tactics, Tracking, Acrobatics, Larceny, Negotiation
Preferred Employment: Something secretive; involving intelligence-gathering. That'd be cool.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Not sure. Could be a while.
"Common" * "Tukant" * "Nari"
Gillie Dhu
Tousle-haired Tactician

Words: 23673
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2014, 10:12 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Moratos on August 22nd, 2014, 1:31 pm

51st of Summer, 514 AV

Moratos strode into the building and thought "I'm an Akalak, at least that is in my favor."

He slid his Lakan into a more visible position and approached the labor office asking "Can I get a Labor Assistance form?"

The officer pushed forward a single form that read "Labor Assistance", Moratos grinned and said "That looks to be the one."

After filling the form out Moratos slid the form back and hoped his father's history lessons would serve him well.

Name: Moratos
Race: Akalak
Relevant Skills: History, Armourer, Unarmed Combat, Lakan Skill.
Preferred Employment: Preferably something to do with history, but anything goes really.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Foreseeable Future.
Moratos
Player

Words: 1081
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2014, 6:25 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Salumi Ahera on August 26th, 2014, 2:48 pm

10th of Summer, 514 AV

Of all the soaring and impressive buildings built to show their prowess and impose on those entering the city with the importance of each ediface, Lumi found the small, calm facade before her somewhat reassuring.

She entered with a small smile, glancing around the busy outside as she did but not wanting to appear too lost, lest she talk herself out of earning some mizas. She'd saved up for months now and while an income was an ideal thing to have; so was freedom. But eating in Riverfall wasn't cheap, even if she did sleep out in the bay.

'Lumi glided over the polished floor with a lithe ease, turning her head from side to side, she'd let her cloak fall off her face today so she had better visibility and she was happy to see these Akalak seemed used to outsiders at least. Her sandals made little noise as she joined the queue waiting at the desk and politely waited for the secretaries to get to her. After a while, and a little bit of chatter from others ahead of her, the polite man asked her business and handed her the job regristation form. She didn't really know what kind of jobs they'd have for her, so she put down everything she could.

Name:Salumi Ahera
Race:Charodae
Relevant Skills: Coral Manipulation, Wilderness survival, Crafting (knick-knacks), Dancing, Architecture, Glyphing, Magecraft
Preferred Employment:glyphing or magecraft, hunting/gathering or something in the port.
Expected Stay In Riverfall:
2 seasons
Salumi Ahera
Associate implementor

Words: 16589
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2014, 12:41 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Meredith on August 29th, 2014, 8:28 am

Name: Meredith
Race: Human
Relevant Skills: Sewing, Painting.
Preferred Employment: Tailor at the Red Diamond Fashions
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Indefinite
Meredith
Player

Words: 16100
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2014, 4:36 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jeremy Casing on September 4th, 2014, 9:07 am

2nd Fall, 514AV

Jeremy was rejuvenated.

He strode into the Labor aid office with such gusto that the two women standing closest to the entrance turned towards him with raised eyebrows.

He was going to get a job!

His chest heaved, a mixture of his heavy breathing (he had practically ran to the Office) and his immense pride and confidence. Where had all this energy, exuberance come from? He was usually quiet, critical, watching people from a far and observing them silently. But this morning he had pranced his way through the street, smiling and waving at complete strangers. They returned his friendliness with a mixture of equally cheerful smiles and whispered curses. The latter did not knock Jeremy's confidence

"Good morning, I am here for a job." He said brightly, leaning charismatically upon the table in front of him. The gentleman on the other side seemed momentarily taken aback by this outburst, but after a few ticks he slid over a piece of paper to the Kelvic, and instructed that he complete the form.

Jeremy nodded, setting to his task with the dedication and determination a famed hero might place on saving a damsel in distress. He was Jeremy Casings, and he was enthusiastic!

His zeal almost faltered, however, when faced with the third question: relevent skills. As a boy, his father had tried to get Jeremy interested in some sort of work experience; be it baking, blacksmithing, dog training, anything. But the young Kelvic had been largely disinterested, and ultimately his own lack of confidence had made him withdraw from any such opportunities.

Once the form was completed, Jeremy returned it to the gentleman opposite him. His relevant skills (strangely physical, for such a gangly young man) were completely unmatched to his answer of the fourth question. He explained himself: "I would like to work with people, in any given situation. I want to be surrounded with various people."

oocI thought I'd make the most of the seasonal event and have Jeremy want to work in a really busy, people-centred business, when he's actually quite quiet and prefers to observe others before throwing himself into the mix. Hope this is okay! :)

Name: Jeremy Casing
Race: Kelvic
Relevant Skills: Unarmed combat, wilderness survival, hunting.
Preferred Employment: Waiter/barman/etc.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: At least until hr end of the season, if not longer.
Jeremy Casing
The Urban Witch

Words: 151300
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 2:30 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on September 6th, 2014, 1:59 am

Caught up to here. Please PM me for further jobs as I do not check this thread much.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

PreviousNext