Location [Riverfall] The Citizenship, Housing, and Labor Aid Office

If one seeks citizenship, housing, and work in Riverfall, a guest or visitor must apply here first.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall] The Citizenship, Housing, and Labor Aid Office

Postby Merevaika on May 30th, 2015, 3:36 pm

15th Spring 515

She wanted a job, one to last her that season that was. Merevaika wanted money, as spoilt as that sounded, but she did. The Drykas knew that in a city, the way of life was run by money, unlike the wilderness, where she could get by supporting herself, hunting for what she needed and trading for the rest.

She didn't however know what job to get. Something to do with riding perhaps? But what? Or horsemanship, she supposed, would be decent enough. Perhaps the people in the office could tell her. Merevaika approached the desk, ready to get a job. "Please fill out the following..." the man replied to her request, passing over a form.

"I.. I can't. I can't read or write. Sorry," she said embarrassed, passing it back.

"I'll read, you answer? Will that work?" the man replied. Merevaika quickly nodded.

Name:
Race: Human
Relevant Skills: Hunting, Riding, Horsemanship
Preferred Employment: Hunting or possibly something to do with horses
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Undetermined

oocSorry for the last minute reply!
Last edited by Merevaika on May 31st, 2015, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Words: 569615
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2014, 9:33 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Penumbra on June 22nd, 2015, 5:33 pm

2nd Summer, 515 AV

There was a nervous lump rising in Penumbra's throat as she made her way to the Employment office, brown eyes warily tracing the outline of the building. Truth be told, the girl had never worked a decent job in her life, and all the formalities and steps of receiving one was overwhelming. As she carefully approached the large, waxed door, a wave of anxiety rushed through her head, causing a spinning sensation.
There had always been a fear that the Avalak’s would see right through her demeanor, piecing together Penumbra’s past of bloodshed, theft, and hunger. Even greater than that looming thought though, was being forced out of the city, once again alone in the Sea of Grass.

The realization that she had no right to citizenship re-enforced this uneasy feeling that churned in her stomach. The very act of lifting a weapon difficult for her, let alone competently wielding it.

For a moment, the hopeful inkling that an exception might be made flickered in her mind, just to be diminished a few seconds later as she reached for the door. No one had time for weaklings who couldn’t defend themselves. In this world, that very principle defined all others.

With a grunt, she managed to open the heavy wooden door, slipping inside quietly as not to draw attention to herself. It was plainer than she had imagined, a simplistic, open feeling leaving the girl’s emotions a bit jumbled, undecided whether this place was safe or not. Her eyes scanned the interior once more, settling on a wooden desk positioned in the middle of the room, manned by an Akalak secretary. After a moment of hesitation, she approached the man slowly, her gaze refusing to meet his.

“I, uh, am here to apply for a job.”

The man slid a form across his desk. “Please fill out the following.”

Penumbra took the paper between her left index finger and thumb, scanning the questions. She was poor at reading and writing, being mostly self-taught in the matter and not at all consistent with it. Though rusty, she managed to make out the gist of it.

Name: Penumbra
Race: Human, Vantha
Relevant Skills: Intelligence, Stealth, Running.
Preferred Employment: Anything that supports me.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Long enough to gain citizenship. Several seasons at least.

Her handwriting was crude, to say the least, but hopefully readable as she handed the form back, waiting silently for a reply.

Coded by Penumbra
Basic Template
......................................................................................
Speaking in Common // Speaking in Vani
Character Sheet
Penumbra
An true shot gives you the body, not the bird

Words: 15884
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2015, 9:40 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Aebon Valkyris on July 28th, 2015, 10:23 pm

Aebon Valkyris

Summer 5, 515

Aebon cheerily walked up to the thick-looking door, and pushed it open without a second thought. Looking around the room, he spotted the Akalak attending the desk. With a friendly smile, he asked, "Hello! I'm here for citizenship (finally), and a job. Could you oblige?" The Akalak seemed quite stunned at the young man's preparation, and slipped him the two papers. They made friendly, albeit mundane small talk, while Aebon filled out the two slips of paper.

Name: Aebon Valkyris
Competency In: Glaive
Employment: None.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Indefinite.

Name:Aebon Valkyris
Relevant Skills: Mathematics, Writing, Physics, Auristics.
Preferred Employment: Something that would allow me to learn while I work. Maybe a library, or a museum, or something.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Indefinite.

Aebon slid the slips of paper back to the Akalak, smiling. "Is there anything else you need? I'd be happy to help!"

Aebon Valkyris
Boundless curiosity.

Words: 2973
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2015, 3:26 am
Character sheet

Postby Lynca on September 2nd, 2015, 10:17 pm

Autumn 5, 515 AV

“This should be exciting,” Lynca pronounced as she and Charles stepped into the Housing and Labor Aid Office. “I've never had a job before.”

“Yes you did,” Charles replied with a small smile. “You would help your family sell their wares to others.”

“Well, yes, but that was because I was commanded. If I wasn't going to contribute to our family's profit with a trade, then I was going to sit there and sell what we had. Now? Now, I can do whatever I want. It's all up to my skills now.” A smile spread itself wide on Lynca's face at the prospect of singing and telling stories for those who would listen, receiving praise and payment for something she wished to do, rather than what was expected of her. She could be her own person without any expectation besides her own. Would she have received such a blessing from marrying to another Benshira. Ha, she doubted it. She would have been forced to cover her head, hide her face, and birth as many children as was expected by her husband. She would have been forced to keep to their tents and make the food, clean the clothes, all that nasty business that she only had the patience to do just for herself. That was not her life, though, not any longer.

Charles was her life, now, and he expected only that she do what pleased her. How lucky was she to find such a diplomatic bondmate?

One man sat behind the desk, his skin green rather than the blue and purple that seemed to dominate the city's race. He gave her and Charles expectant looks, which she supposed was the sort of look anyone would receive when they enter a building that served a limited function.

“Welcome,” the Akalak said quietly. “Are you here for citizenship, a job, or both?”

She gave a charming smile and replied, “Just looking for a job, thank you.”

He nodded, one pushing forward a form, ink well and pen. “Please fill out the following,” he said, and turned to Charles. “Citizenship? Job?”

Lynca noted the slight movement out of the corner of her eye that told her Charles had shook his head. “Just came to support her.” Lynca wondered why Charles didn't wish to also apply for a job when she noted what the form was asking for.

“Name, Race, Age...”

Lynca knew Charles was wary, but she didn't realize it would carry into things as simple as finding a job. She suddenly wished things were easier for the Kelvic. He hadn't even felt comfortable to change since they entered the city. Occasionally, while they were traveling, he shifted to his other form, but ever since Riverfall was in sight, Charles stayed firmly on two feet.

Charles came to her side as other walked in, settling his hand on the small of her back. “Do not worry, darling,” he murmured, his breath ghosting across her ear. “Just fill out the form, and then we can go shopping, okay? Get you some clothes more suited to the autumn.”

“My dress is just fine,” she replied absently, focusing her attention back to the form. She filled it out dutifully, until she came to the last section. She hesitated and asked, “How long will we be staying? Just a couple weeks, yes?”

“Lynca,” Charles sounded even more hesitant, “I think we need to stay for the season, if not two.”

“What?” She turned back to him, frowning. “Why?”

“We don't have everything we need to travel with caravans. We barely had enough to get here from Ekytol, remember? People were gracious enough to share what they had with us.” He shook his head, a sad look on his face. “I'm sorry, darling. I know you love to move about, and that you want to find as many secrets about the world as possible, but you have to understand how limited we are in resources. And how unprepared we are for such travel.”

“We will always be unprepared,” Lynca's frown deepened, frustrated at the turn of events. “My family always said you can never prepare enough to face the storms. If we sit here trying to prepare ourselves for everything, then we may never leave.” And though she thought herself one who could stand to stay in a place for a time, the prospect of settling was just... terrifying. This was the first time she ever felt terrified, she thought idly.

“I understand that,” Charles' other hand reached up to cup her cheek, stilling Lynca's protests and easing her heart. “Truly, I do. But that doesn't mean we rush out into the wild with little more than what we have now. Winter will be here eventually, and I know you will not be used to it. If we stick here during the winter, then we can keep ourselves warm easier. Spring will be here after that, and then we can decide where we wish to go. Okay?”

His reasoning made sense. Winters in Ekytol were cool but, if the Autumn weather was any indication, not nearly as cool as what would come here. It burdened her soul, knowing that she should probably stay put and set aside the life she'd grown into. She sighed and said. “Okay, Chelsa.”

Charles smiled and pressed a light kiss to her cheek before drawing away so she could finish the form. “Thank you. I promise we'll find secrets here in the city. Perhaps even some codes we can break.”

Lynca smiled despite herself finishing the form and handing it over to the man behind the desk. “That would be very nice.”

Name: Lynca
Race: Benshira
Relevant Skills: Singing, Storytelling, Cryptography
Preferred Employment: Performer, Code breaker
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Two seasons
Lynca
Player

Words: 17280
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2015, 3:09 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Charsi Terras on September 22nd, 2015, 6:47 pm

Charsi strode into the Labor office, head held high. Her pale skin glistened with sweat, as if she had just been running. She pushed a stray hair up, using the sweat to stick it almost directly up. As she approached the desk at a brisk walk, she set her jaw.

"Greetings. I am here to apply for a job."

Charsi nearly grimaced when the Akalak barely looked up. He just slid her a form and muttered the same phrase he always did. She glared at him for a moment, then took the form and navigated herself to one of the seats off to the side.

Name: Charsi Terras
Race: Isur
Relevant Skills: Jewelcrafting, Blacksmithing, Metalsmithing
Preferred Employment: Blacksmith or Jeweler's Apprentice
Expected Stay In Riverfall: For the foreseeable future.

She handed the form back in as soon as she was done.
Charsi's Forge
Isur | Tukant | Common
Charsi Terras
Player

Words: 4586
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2015, 5:25 pm
Race: Isur

Postby Lilun on October 10th, 2015, 5:16 pm

Fall, 22, 515
Part III
Late afternoon

The day was a hard one, and she was tired and very quickly becoming grumpy now as her feet started to hurt and the lack of smells and sounds was getting to her. She liked being in her other form because it was very easy to play and people didn’t expect much of a small Yowlwing. She was happy to get her book and even got to hear a story, that had been really fun but talking to so very many people hadn’t so far. Now she walked toward the office place that was supposed to help assign jobs and housing, she didn’t know how all of that worked and hoped it would go smoothly.

Down the path across the water and she was to keep going, it was supposed to be easy to spot and as she came to the earthy colored building that seemed to grow form the cliffs she agreed. Seeing a few people around just talking to each other she relaxed a tiny bit. To her this whole business sounded scary as if they might judge her lacking and tell her to leave. Skirting around the group of young males she hurried inside only to be given a choice of left or right. That quickly her tiny sense of calmness went back to zero. Seeing someone at a desk she approached them and was once more unhappy to realize she was too short to see over it once she was at its front.

“Hello, where do I go to get a job and house?” The man hummed and pointed not really looking up. Lilun finding she didn’t mind just turned the way she was directed and hurried through the halls. Pretty as they were she did not like the shine or hollow sounds; didn’t like the smell of earth around her. She realized she was inside the mountain and with that knowledge she realized she hated it with a passion. There was no sky or sun, there was no water or grass; she was in rock and ground. Dead things go to rock and ground not her! So her quick little steps became faster as she only held back from running to be sure she didn’t run into anyone. With luck she saw a new desk and other people all looking over papers.

Approaching the desk she saw yet another new color of the blue men, he was green. At him spotting her he glanced down at something then back toward her. “Are you here for a job or citizen ship, both?” Soft hushed voice that was a little strange to see from such a man but then Lilun assumed even the blue men could have their quiet ones and knowing this now made her happy for some reason. “I need one for a job but also housing please! I don’t know about the citizen thing except I have to know how to fight, and I don’t want to hurt people.” She wasn’t sure if that might be rude or not to a race who were all very happy to practice fighting daily, it just wasn’t for her.

The man passed her two papers which she took only getting a glance at them before he spoke again. “Please fill these out here, pen and ink or at the desk which you are free to use.” He said nothing more so Lilun moved to the desk and with a bit of clever climbing was in a chair and she had pulled a pen and a small pot of ink her way. She looked at both objects then the paper. She hoped the man would be able to read what she wrote, she hoped she could even read what she had to write down! Looking over the papers she very slowly started answering those best that she could, the poor pen clenched in a fist rather than careful fingers.

Name: Lilun
Race: Kelvic
Relevant Skills: Fishing, Hunting and I am good at watching stuff. * I can fly dive and swim!
Preferred Employment: I don’t know something fun
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Life

Lilun blew with care over the first paper and saw her letters looked nothing like the soft pretty ones of the answers and there were a lot of black globs of ink that had dripped randomly across the sheet. She was pretty sure everything was spelled right but she wasn’t even sure if those were the right answers to things. Skills, was fishing really a skill, she always thought it was something someone could do special. *Oh maybe she could put down flying! She went back up into the paper and put flying then on another thought diving and swimming as well. Liking her answers a lot more now, Lilun carefully blew over the new words to dry them. Just one more paper to go, then she had to wait for the man to decide where she was going.

Name: Lilun
Type Of Building Looking For: Somewhere not in the ground or rocks, nice and warm with lots of light. Safe place with no yelling.
Size: I am small, so small place is good
Condition: Warm safe and roof, this is good.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Life

She blew across the ink frowning as she did. These were hard to answer, how was she to know what size was and what on earth was a condition? She had purely guessed on that one. She didn’t care where she was so long as it was safe, but then if it was interesting she would be happy to. She really didn’t want to live in rocks or the ground though. It was scary here, only dead things should ever go in the ground or maybe little seeds. She had wings, and she swam; sky water and ground those were where she belonged not in rock. Rubbing her nose she unknowingly spread a bit of ink across her pale skin. She needed a home though and knew they were all made of ground things like dirt rock some even trees.

Winter would be hard without a safe and warm place to go to. It would be just her spot to go to where no one else was allowed to go unless she wanted them. Territory, people also seemed to have it and smiling she hopped from the chair and hurriedly trotted up to the desk where she happily presented her papers. “Hope you can read them, of and if I get a home who do I give the money to? Do you get it or do other people?” She smiled up at the green man excited not just to see what she might do for her new home but to find a place in said home just for her. That she had to put down Kelvic, really worried her however. Pets, slaves; she wanted to be neither.
I will be but a small part in my Bonded's life; but they will be my world.
Lilun
Player

Words: 46432
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2015, 2:51 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Maya Lark on October 21st, 2015, 9:15 pm

Ashlyn shyly walked into the building looking around not really sure where she was to go in order to get a job. She looked forward seeing the men working on paperwork, "Hello?" She asked gently trying to get their attention not sure what she needed to fill out in order to get a job and get a home for the time being. "Welcome please fill out these papers," one of the men said handing her the paperwork. "Thank you," Ashlyn said walking over to a table and sitting down before working on the paperwork quietly knowing she would have to drag Tura'lu up here later this afternoon to get him to fill out the paperwork for him to get a job. "Here you are. I believe I have everything filled out. My husband and I just arrived in town so we haven't gotten a chance to look at the city," Ashlyn said turning in the job paperwork.

Name: Ashlyn Darkstalker
Race: Human-Endrykas
Relevant Skills: Riding: Horses
Preferred Employment:Anything with animals
Expected Stay In Riverfall:undecided
Maya Lark
Player

Words: 67052
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2015, 3:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tura'lu Darkstalker on October 22nd, 2015, 3:09 am

I sigh as I sit down after Ashlyn found me and dragged me here so I can do the same papers she did as I look at them I know this is something I can't avoid and that look in Ashlyn's eyes tells me this is something I must do so I begin to write and fill out the paper

Name:Tura'lu Darkstalker
Race:Drykas
Competency In: Riding,Armed combat
Employment:anything to do with weapons
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Undetermined
Tura'lu Darkstalker
Player

Words: 4514
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2015, 3:44 am
Race: Human, Drykas

Postby Shiniri on November 17th, 2015, 3:13 pm

Season of Fall, Day 52, 515 AV (9th Bell)
Shiniri woke up and stretched her arms and rubbed her eyes. The first thing that came to mind was the Riverfall Labor Aid Office - she was going to apply for citizenship and a job. She wanted to find a source of daily income for herself, although she was nervous. What if she filled out the forms wrong? What if she wasn't eligible for a job or citizenship? All these things were racing through her mind like a racecar. But she sighed - She could do her best, and that was all.

10th Bell
Shiniri stared blankly at the Riverfall Labor Aid Office. This was the first time she'd actually been inside, and she didn't know what to expect. Either way, if she wanted a job, she'd have to apply and hope for the best of outcomes. She took a deep breath. "Relax," she said to herself. "I'll... I'll do my best." As these words were spoken, she slowly walked inside.

Shiniri looked around the office, surprised by the inside. She'd been surprised by how simple and ordinary it looked to her. She assumed that it was just her imagination, since she didn't have a taste for design anyway. She walked up to what looked like the front desk. An Akalak was quietly filing some paper there. "Er... Excuse me?" Shiniri asked, trying to sound as polite as she could. "I want to apply for citizenship. And a job." The Akalak tilted his head upwards. He went through his desk and slipped two papers and a pen across the desk.

"Please fill out the following..." he quietly spoke, before returning to his work. Shiniri had a blank expression at this point. Usually the Akalaks she saw were energetic, loud, competitive... This one was quiet. Shiniri shrugged and filled out the forms.

Kuvan Citizenship Form

Name: Shiniri
Competency In: Auristics, Swordplay
Employment: To be decided
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Currently indefinite

Name:
Labor Assistance Form

Name: Shiniri
Relevant Skills: Auristics, Swordplay
Preferred Employment: Something that can support me
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Currently indefinite

Afterwards she quickly skimmed the sheets for spelling errors, then handed it back.
Last edited by Shiniri on November 24th, 2015, 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I've seen too much. Too much war, too much bloodshed... That is why I must not idle and let innocent Rivarian lives be stolen from themselves!" -Some quote Shiniri might say in the future
OOC Note: From the 19th of November to the 22rd of November, I'll be on vacation spending quality time with friends and family, meaning I'll be inactive on Mizahar during those days. If I PM'd you about something, just reply back as normal, just expect a longer wait time for a response.
Shiniri
Capable of Many Things

Words: 10250
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2015, 10:36 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Skyard Underwood on November 22nd, 2015, 2:05 am

Name:Skyard Underwood
Race:Kelvic