Completed [Semele Park] The Fabric of Pranking

Natsu Nendo plays a prank on Adi Skyglow

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Semele Park] The Fabric of Pranking

Postby Natsu Nendo on May 15th, 2014, 5:38 pm

Natsu noticed Adi's smile widen at the mention of a new cloak and he felt a wave of relief wash over him. He mentally noted thst he should buy her a shirt too when they were purchasing the cloak. As she inquired about Harameus, the small figure stood a little straighter and spoke "
Harameus is the god of Alchemy. He breathed life into the clay which created the Pycons, and he is responsible for the changing of all of the world's forms" he grinned, his clay wings opening wide before closing gently against his body " when a Pycon dies their soul is freed, and Harameus returns their form to solid clay, to leave a legacy behind, their mark on the world"

Natsu was thankful that Adi had not questioned about his family, and he did the best to push the thoughts about earlier in the Spring out of his mind. He still wondered about the magic presence he had felt, but being able to explain his beliefs gave him a small amount of his pride back. It suddenly clicked in his mind that she was a Vantha, not unlike Palla whom he had met near the beginning of Spring, and he felt a certain air of ease settle over him.

Last edited by Natsu Nendo on May 16th, 2014, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wish to see the world, yes that much is true. It is also true that one such as myself will have a much better view on the shoulder of a close friend
--- Natsu Nendo

Natsu's Common Natsu's Thoughts NPC/other
Natsu Nendo
Small in size, big in heart!

Words: 35514
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2014, 5:56 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Adi Skyglow on May 15th, 2014, 8:48 pm

The young Vantha nodded slowly, interested in what the Pycon had to say about his race and Harameus. God of alchemy, huh? His name isn't familiar to me at all...but I don't know everything, so that's not saying much. This might prove a good subject to research later. For the moment, though, she dropped the topic of Harameus and brought back up getting a new cloak.

"If you want, you can sit on my shoulder while I walk to the Warrens," Adi offered, referring to the Zhongjie Warrens. It was Riverfall's bazaar, and a good place to find a good deal of products for sale at good prices. The bazaar was just across the street from Semele Park, and would not be a long walk at all. She didn't mind having Natsu on her shoulder as she travelled. He didn't weigh much, and he had so far proved to be a good companion.

Even though the small Pycon had ruined her cloak, Adi found any negative feelings she had about the clay creature were nonexistent. Though she hated to use the word 'adorable' to describe anything male, it just seemed to fit him best here.

Gently, the Vantha lifted her arm up to her opposite shoulder. If Natsu wanted to ride on her shoulder, this was his chance.

If I owe you a post and haven't talked to you in a while, please don't be afraid to send me a PM.
Adi Skyglow
I never meant to wither.

Words: 111753
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2014, 10:40 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Natsu Nendo on May 16th, 2014, 3:01 pm

Natsu graciously accepted the offer to ride upon Adi's shoulder, stepping carefully from her hand and up onto the waiting shoulder, turning to face the front as his paws gently gripped the fabric of the white shirt. Natsu knew of the Zhongjie Warrens, though he had only visited there a few times. He had little use for clothes and such, only ever wearing the wooden hat which had been carved for him, but he had opted to keep that at one of his many hidey holes today so he did not lose it when he ran.

Natsu had come to accept the fact that his form was anything but threatening. If he wanted, he could shift his form to a frightening lizard, or a tiny dragon, but... he felt like this was his true form and he knew he would not feel comfortable in any other one. Although the Pycon much disliked being called cute or adorable, it came with the territory of not only being a winged mouse, but being four inches tall.

The clay creature loved the views of Riverfall, and it amazed him how different the view of the city was from another's shoulder, even on the short trip to to Warrens he took in as much of the beauty of the city as he possibly could, his head constantly turning and scanning the walls and buildings as he hummed to himself.

I wish to see the world, yes that much is true. It is also true that one such as myself will have a much better view on the shoulder of a close friend
--- Natsu Nendo

Natsu Nendo

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Adi Skyglow on May 16th, 2014, 3:57 pm

As soon as the Pycon was in place on her shoulder, Adi let her hand fall to her side and began walking at a slow pace. She said nothing to Natsu while she walked, not feeling the need to fill the companionable silence with idle chatter. Things would be loud enough once they reached the Zhongjie Warrens, the communal marketplace almost always bustling and full of people. Sure, this was good for the people who sold their wares there, but it made it harder to get around during peak times. Ah well.

The merchant Adi set her violet eyes on was a delicate-looking woman with surprisingly short blonde hair. She turned and approached the woman's booth, making sure Natsu was still on her shoulder as she drew near the woman.

From what Adi could see, the woman had cloaks hanging up on a rack in a wide variety of colors, lengths, and weights. Perfect.

"I need to get a new cloak, a heavier white cloak for winter. This little guy here had a problem with my old one, and he's paying for my new one." Adi informed the blonde, who turned around and, after some browsing, pulled out two cloaks: one long and one short. The Vantha pointed to the long one, and the blonde looked at Natsu expectantly.

"One gold, please."

OOCGave you an opportunity for haggling here. The cloak in question is medium wool, no other modifiers, and would be 7.5 SM.

If I owe you a post and haven't talked to you in a while, please don't be afraid to send me a PM.
Adi Skyglow
I never meant to wither.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Natsu Nendo on May 17th, 2014, 9:53 pm

Natsu gazed at the cloaks, wondering if there might be one which would match or go well with the light tones of his wooden hat. He was jogged out of his daydream by the shop owner's request, but Natsu quickly grinned and reached in his bag, tossing a gold Miza to the vender, quickly followed by a bronze as a tip. The Pycon leaned over and whipsered into Adi's ear "
if you would like a new shirt I will cover that too, as an apology and a token of my appreciation for your understanding"

Natsu Nendo knew only a few merchants personally, but glancing around at the bustle of people made him feel like he was at home. Everyone was going somewhere, doing something... as if they had a purpose in life that they knew they had to accomplish. The clay figure felt no such purpose, and it only made him think more about what his life could become.

Regarding Adi, Natsu smiled gently, taking in the beauty of her complexion and the stunning colors of her eyes. He had met a Vantha only once before, but it interested him to no end how their emotions could change their appearance. Admittedly he had somewhat of an ability to transform, but his technique was lacking. He was so engrossed in his thoughts of finding a teacher and perfecting his skills that he almost fell off when Adi began to move again.

--- Natsu Nendo

Natsu Nendo

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Adi Skyglow on May 17th, 2014, 10:52 pm

Adi gladly took the cloak from the blonde woman and draped it over her opposite shoulder, though she didn't put it on yet. She had a few other stops to make before she could.

A bit hesitant to take advantage of the Pycon's kindness, Adi thought over the pros and cons of accepting his offer briefly. On the one hand, he kind of owes me. He ruined my shirt! And, I mean, we are in the warrens, and it's a great opportunity for me to pick out something more fun. But he's proven himself to be very nice, and he meant no harm by the prank. I think.

After mulling it over, Adi decided she'd go ahead and pick out a new shirt for herself, though she wouldn't get anything too elaborate.

She walked around a bit more, trying to find another vendor who sold mostly clothing instead of cloaks, and was pleased to find one right nearby. The shirt that caught her eye immediately was medium gray ramie with sleeves that looked loose and would flow around her wrist. The shirt had a price tag on it-three silver and three copper mizas. Adi immediately took the shirt and nodded at Natsu.

When he was finished paying for the shirt, she picked up a new pair of pants, black ramie, though these were paid for with her own money and set her back two gold and six silver mizas. Happy with her purchase, the Vantha turned her head to the little Pycon on her shoulder.

"Anywhere in particular you want me to take you?"

Adi Skyglow
I never meant to wither.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Natsu Nendo on May 18th, 2014, 5:21 pm

The shirt which Natsu had payed for was a very good price for such a nice fabric, and he was glad Adi had found something which she liked. As she purchased more clothes, Natsu grinned slightly, both impressed with her sense of fashion, and glad he did not have to spend money on clothes of his own. Surprisingly he never really felt naked, but he supposed that was because unlike other species Pycons didn't have anything they needed to cover.

When he was asked where he wanted to go, the clay figure paused to think. He hadn't really had any plans for today, but it was still near midday, far too early to head home. He wondered if Adi did not wish for his company anymore, but in a polite way. He had no idea if she had plans of her own, places she needed to be... Natsu smiled politely and closed his eyes to think where would be best. Semele Park was still nearby and the weather was just as beautiful as when the day had begun, so he decided that would be his destination "
back to the park if you don't mind. I have nothing planned for today so basking in the sun sounds as good a choice as any"

When he opened his eyes he noticed that with her head turned, Adi's lips were very close to him, and for a brief second the thought of a kiss floated through his head and he looked away quickly, embarrassed by the thought.

--- Natsu Nendo

Natsu Nendo

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Adi Skyglow on May 31st, 2014, 11:19 pm

Adi smiled kindly at the small Pycon on her shoulder and nodded at his request to go back to the park, stowing her purchases away in her backpack. With a creature riding on Adi's shoulder, it would be odd of her to put a cloak on top of him, so she elected to stash it in her pack along with her new shirt and pants. When this was done, she turned and left to head back to the park. This was where Natsu wanted her to drop him off, and though she'd had an interesting time meeting the Pycon, he'd inspired her to go to the library. Adi had things she wanted to look up besides this, and now was as good of a time as ever to carry out those plans.

So she set off back for Semele Park. The walk took only a few chimes, and when she was done, Adi realized she'd miss the little Pycon. Their adventure had been brief but fun-and she'd gotten a new shirt and cloak out of his prank.

When the pair arrived at the park, Adi stopped near the place where the clay man's prank cost her her cloak and carefully put him down on the ground. "It was nice meeting you, Natsu. We're going to have to meet again under better circumstances."

OOCGah! I'm sorry this took so long.
Last edited by Adi Skyglow on June 1st, 2014, 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Adi Skyglow
I never meant to wither.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Natsu Nendo on June 1st, 2014, 7:57 am

As Adi walked away and Natsu scurried back towards his hiding spot, he sensed both that he would miss the companionship of the Vantha, and that many more adventures were to come. He glanced over his shoulder at her, pausing as she faded into the crowd. They would meet again, he was sure of it. He turned back around and scampered away into the bushes of Semele Park.

--- Natsu Nendo

Natsu Nendo

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Caelum on July 3rd, 2014, 2:02 pm

Thread Award

Natsu

Skills & Lores
Escape Artist +1
Observation +2
Py-String +1
Running +1
Socialization +1
Stealth +2
Subterfuge +2
Teaching +1
Riverfall Location: Semele Park
Riverfall Location: Warrens
Vantha: Changing Eye Color

Adi

Skills & Lores
Detection +2
Interrogation +2
Investigation +2
Observation +1
Socialization +3
Riverfall Location: Semele Park
Riverfall Location: Warrens
Pycon: Basic
Harameus: God of Alchemy & Creator of Pycon Race

Notes

Adorable. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns and don't forget to edit/delete your grade request.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous