Closed A Path is Crossed (Dolce)

A cafe and two kelvics.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A Path is Crossed (Dolce)

Postby Redd on June 13th, 2014, 11:15 am

Redd angled her head as her hazel hues watched Dolce while she began explaining away about the human foods. This is what her Master Elias had to eat because he could get sick from the raw meat that she herself could eat?

"We wolves rarely eat berries unless we need to, to survive... However, I have a feeling that you're going to make me eat something berry tasting, that we wolves generally consider quite a disgusting taste." She winced as she pushed the sandwich plate away, drawing the cup of tea towards herself.

Now she had also seen Dolce only sip from the cup, it should have by now cooled a little bit and she lifted the cup to gently sniff at the tea. Wrinkling her nose, she could definitely say that she had caught a whiff of its scent before, but couldn't quite put a name to it till now. So this was called mint tea?

Slowly she took a sip of the tea and tried not to pull a face. All of this human eating and manners would take some time to get used to, she told herself as she gently put the cup back onto the table.

"Please, go ahead and order what you may think that I might like, you know this thing better than I do." She glanced away from Dolce as she took a deep breath and tried to remember what her master had said fleetingly when they had taken a rare trip along the streets. "I think he said that he likes banana coconut cupcakes?"

She angled her head as she wondered what that might be. A banana coconut cupcake? She had never really seen one herself and she glanced towards Dolce, "What is that, exactly?"

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Dolce on June 13th, 2014, 12:30 pm

"Really? I always heard a rumor that wolves liked blueberries. It must of just been a story then. I can't even remember where I heard that." Dolce laughed nervously. How silly she must of sounded to Redd. Telling some fabled story. It would of been amusing had it been true."Well, I'm quite fond of raspberries myself... Hmm. I have an idea.." She looked over the menu before flagging down their waitress.

"Yes Ma'am, we're ready for dessert! We'll each have a slice of apple pie, and a banana nut muffin and a vanilla pudding to go. It's only right to bring our master's a treat after letting us have lunch." Dolce winked at Redd and gave the waitress a content smile.

"Aww... What thoughtful young girls you are. May I ask whom is so lucky to own you two?" Dolce beamed, "My Master is Sir Vayl and her's Sir Elias." The waitress left smiling. "See? Saying something like that makes our Masters look good. Letting people know that we are well taken care of and are thankful for that."She nodded to herself.

"Well... you know what a cake is. Like a sweet breadish thing about this big." Dolce put her hands out to show how big a cake was. "Well a cupcake is a tiny one person cake this big. Both bananas and coconuts are exotic fruits. You know when the moon gets really skinny? Bananas look a lot like that! Coconuts look like brown balls about this big, if you cut them open which I've heard is hard to do the inside is white and it's filled with a strange water you can drink. People dry the insides out and flake it on sweets. I've heard it's really chewy." Dolce wrinkled her nose, coconuts didn't sound so appealing to her.

Their pie arrived, "Okay, see that thing that's jagged at the top it's called a fork, hold it like this and pick up pieces of the pie like this. I picked apple pie, because it's said everyone loves apple pie. So I thought it would be a good first dessert." She shrugged. The waitress return with two small carry out containers. Dolce thanked her again and handed one of the containers to Redd. "Here it's banana so Master Elias should love it."
Dolce
The Caged Bird Sings

Words: 32334
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2014, 3:32 am
Character sheet

Postby Redd on June 14th, 2014, 2:56 am

Redd had remained quiet through out the conversation with the waitress and she couldn't help but wonder why the waitress would want to know who their masters were. Suspicion coloured her frown. While she had suspected that humans asked questions not out of curiousity but to appear like they cared, it was very odd that a grumpy waitress would suddenly turn into a happy, smiling one.

After putting away the suspicion for the moment, she listened to Dolce's instructions, her gaze watching the other kelvic eat the pie that was in front of them. Her gaze shifted to the pie before her and she lightly bit down upon her bottom lip. Humans, did they always eat so much food? It was no wonder that some were fat.

Slowly, her hand picked up the fork, mimicking Dolce, although it took her a little while to get the grip right before she began to eat the pie in front of her. While it was not appetizing, she ate the whole thing as instructed, setting the cupcake in front of her afterwards.

The cupcake was making her anxious for some reason or another, perhaps it was just because of the waitresses mood. She then leaned back into her seat as she looked back at Dolce. "So what exactly brought you to the cafe?"

Angling her head, she then looked away, back to the vines that still puzzled the wolf. "Master Elias lets me leave whenever I want, so long as I don't shift without his command. People... Don't take my beast form too well."

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Dolce on June 14th, 2014, 5:13 pm

"Humans are nosy. The like to know who owns who, who's doing who, and who's buying what. Sometime you just have to play their games. Play the gullible little slave so excited to be out in the sun and out of the house. Don't get all weirded out by it." Dolce gave Redd a reassuring look.

"Honestly, I came her today because... I have a horrible sweet tooth and the food here is pretty good. But I feel guilty if I bring Master Vayl as he can't really eat a lot of this stuff, so when I'm out with him we normally eat at the soup house. 5cm for a cup of soup, very cheap with a wide variety, sadly lacking on the meat end. But as you'll see, most of Ravok is lacking on the meat end. If you want next time I go snake hunting, I'll bring you a few. That's my main diet, snakes. I bring them home for Vayl too. My inner animal is a skilled snake killer along with any other small prey. This fall it'll be squirrels. Winter might be a little lean, unless they catch whatever's getting all the fish. All I know is the next time ANY fresh meat is on sale I'm going to buy as much as I can!"

Dolce laughed to herself, "You've never seen me shift. Honestly my form isn't as fear invoking as seeing a girl turn into a wolf. Most people just say 'Look at that odd bird.' I guess most people haven't seen a bird like me before." Even she had to admit she was a bit of a strange looking creature. So she couldn't blame the humans strange reactions. It had taken time, but Dolce had learned to find herself beautiful from her talons to her plumage. She was beautiful.
Dolce
The Caged Bird Sings

Character sheet

Postby Redd on June 15th, 2014, 12:11 pm

Redd's shoulders lifted and fell in a shrug, personally she couldn't pull off a gulliable look, she was too observant for that. She just didn't know why humans had to play games in the first place, they might as well be kelvics themselves. Some play a mouse while the others play the cat, then they would have a game worth playing.

The young wolf listened as Dolce talked some more and she frowned some what as she mentioned snakes. With a shake of her head, she glanced away, "I'll pass on the snakes, I've never really had a want to eat them, it's just not as tasty as a bleeding deer." She could really do with a big piece of bleeding deer at the moment, at least it was more appetizing.

Slowly, she glanced back towards Dolce, her hazel hues watching the other woman for a moment before she decided that she might as well ask. "Do you know anything about Rhysol? Master Elias and I had a discussion about him and he said that Rhysol is the inevitable. I'm not exactly sure what inevitable means, big words tend to... Trip me up."

She hadn't been sure whether to ask Dolce this, but after the conversation with her master, it had awoken a curiousity within her and she wanted to know more. However, she knew that she would be soon running out of time and that her master would soon be waiting for her return.

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Dolce on June 15th, 2014, 11:49 pm

"Suit yourself, more snakes for me." Dolce smiled. "Bleeding deer in human would be uncooked venison. You can buy it here sometimes in the city. But you want to make sure it's fresh. But I'm sure your nose would be able to tell." She paused thinking, "What all can you smell? I mean I know your nose is good, but how good?"

"Rhysol, eh? Well let me put it this way, think of a ladder the very bottom step is the animals we eat. A step up, non-humans. Next, free roaming Kelvics. Now, non-human slaves. Followed by pet Kelvics like you and me. Then human slaves. Above them, free humans like your master. Anyway the top step on this very tall ladder is Rhysol. A god. He oversees us all. He had existed from before any one can remember and will still be well and alive when your children's great grandchildren have children. Being a god time doesn't effect him. He is ageless... And Ravok is his city." Dolce cocked her head to the side. "...Does that...help any, Redd?"
Dolce
The Caged Bird Sings

Character sheet

Postby Redd on June 16th, 2014, 1:25 pm

Redd allowed a smirk to settle upon her lips as she moved to stand up. There was always a different smell with meat, especially when trying to tell how fresh something really was. Angling her head, she indicated that they should leave now, her hands reaching out to grasp the cupcake within her hands.

Dolce's explanation had helped a little bit but the thing about the ladder was a bit like what it was like out in the wild. There was a pecking order, especially within a pack of wolves. The young wolf was most definitely finding things within Ravok that was very much like a pack of wolves. "Perhaps we should make our way back, I can walk with you to Vayl's door, but then I must be off. Master Elias will be expecting me back soon and I'm sure Vayl will be wondering where you are."

The young wolf didn't miss being locked up, but in a way she still was, with the collar still firmly in place. However, her master was finally beginning to trust her while out hunting, that had to be a start.

She had begun to walk back into the cafe when she stopped and turned back to face Dolce again as a thought occurred. "Look, Dolce, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but the way things are starting to look between Master Elias and myself... You and I may end up on the opposite sides. I know that Vayl is good inside and that you want me to consider that you're apart of my pack. It's just... Not my pack to command. If Master Elias says kill, I'll kill with no hesitation."

It was then that she paused for a moment, letting the other kelvic soak her words in for a moment. "I also know that Vayl thought that I'm lost, that I cannot be helped. I'm not lost and I can be helped, just not by Vayl or you. I believe that the day I met Master Elias, was the day that I was saved. Who knows, if I hadn't been brought into the city and hadn't met Master Elias, I would have been more beast than human. So the fact that Master Elias is making me think more human like, is probably helping me."

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Dolce on June 16th, 2014, 6:22 pm

Dolce listened looking down, "I'd like to meet your master, Redd. Prove to him our friendship is beneficial to you adjusting to this city."

She too got to her feet, "No one's beyond saving, as long as they want to be saved. As for good and evil remember.. There are grey areas." She moved to the counter and paid her bill. "It's fine, I know my way home. Have a good rest of the day, Redd. Or life. Who knows when or if we'll ever meet again on the same terms. I hoped it would be soon, but you seem to wish different. It's too bad."

With that Dolce made her way back to her master's place. Never looking back to Redd. Dolce was saddened somewhere deep inside her by all this. She sighed as she walked. It really wasn't any of her business, this Kelvic. So why did she worry? She hoped this feeling faded away.LedgerLunch with Red-3gm
Last edited by Dolce on June 19th, 2014, 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolce
The Caged Bird Sings

Character sheet

Postby Redd on June 17th, 2014, 1:19 pm

Redd angled her head to the right as her hazel gaze watched the kelvic Dolce, as she seemed to become sad as she walked away. While she may not really understand it, but for some reason, Dolce seemed to worry for her.

Why did she worry about her? Redd was more than capable of looking after herself now that she had Master Elias. He was all that she really needed, if she had to be honest. She simply felt that making connections with others might be a bad idea, especially seeing as she didn't really know her master's plans just yet.

A shrug of her shoulders was given as she began to make her own way back to the inn where she shared a room with her master. Perhaps one day she might run into Dolce again, she did have that habit of running into people. However, on what terms? Would be the question.

She glanced at the cupcake she held then, Redd made a metal note to make sure she told her master the odd behaviour that the waitress had displayed. Maybe it wasn't really anything to be concerned about, but she was beginning to learn that most of the time, in Ravok, there was a lot of things to be concerned about.

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Abstract on July 4th, 2014, 7:51 pm

Grade Awarded!

~|-|~

Redd

Award :
Skills

~ Observation – 4
~ Socialization - 3
~ Investigation - 3

Lores

~ Human Packs within Packs: Social Circles
~ Humans Take Small Bites
~ Humans: Confusing Diets
~ Dolce: Eats Snakes

Other

N/A

~|-|~

Notes

Dolce, I haven’t awarded your grade due to issues with your CS, which I’ll be PMing you about shortly. Anyways, as a Kelvic from the KRI, you seem remarkably well educated… which really shouldn’t be the case. Your ‘education’ would have been nonexistent, so you wouldn’t have known how to read, or the history of Kelvics, or understand human nature so well. Keep that in mind. Even if you did have some experience outside of the world from a previous owner… be careful about what your PC knows.
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Previous