Solo Changing Perspectives

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Changing Perspectives

Postby Kaik Leyr on June 19th, 2014, 7:36 pm

1st of Summer, 514 AV

Not long ago Kaik had met a young Aurist named Ayrui in a park. Ever since that meeting he felt himself yearning to gain the same magic she had. On the first of Summer, early in the morning Kaik had attempted to tap into Auristics.

Kaik was sitting on the floor with his eyes closed while Arya stood in front of him. Using Ayrui's teaching he thought hard about himself. Memories of his past flash until it reached the present. He opened his eyes expecting to see something different, but the only change was how close Arya was getting to him. Sighing he tried once more. Closing his eyes he tried to ignore the real world and instead delved into his own mind. Wanting to calm himself, Kaik thought of Ellen and the times they spent together. Feeling certain he had done the initiation right he opened his eyes. Still nothing had changed. "What am I doing wrong?" he thought. Having failed the initiation into Auristics twice Kaik fell unto the ground and found himself staring at Arya.

Memories of how Arya was created filled his mind. The excitement, the frustration, and the happiness of her creation were vivid to him. The very moment Arya had awoken, Kaik began to question why he felt like she was smiling at the time. "Did I just assume she was? Or was it-...I had hoped to connect her, to perhaps know what she was feeling...argh I just can't understand it." He closed his eyes and focused on the feelings he had at that time. Upon opening his eyes Arya looked the same as ever. "Why is this so difficult! I have to focus my mind in Animation as well, so surely I'd be able to do this? So why!?" he said aloud, "I need some air...c'mon Arya get dressed."

The streets were not busy compared to how it was at night, which he was grateful for. He wanted to clear his head, not fill it with chatter. Taking a seat on a nearby bench, he looks up at the clear sky. 'Everything is made up of different things.' he recalled Ayrui saying. The sentence sticks inside his mind for awhile. A thought came to him, "So if the sky is clear here then somewhere else it's black...hmm what Ayrui meant was to see things in a new way?" Lost in thought he failed to notice the girl approaching Arya. The child looked to be taller than Arya and had a notebook at her side.

Arya had no idea what to do as the child held out her hand. "Let's play!" she said. Her words brought Kaik back to reality as he looked at the young girl. Arya looked to Kaik unsure of what she had to do. He pulled down Arya's hood for a few chimes to show the girl that she was not human. The child looked unfazed as she continued to hold out her hand. He couldn't help but laugh before telling the child she was to treat Arya with utmost care, she smiles in response as if saying he didn't have to worry. He whispers to Arya a few orders, all more or less regarding the safety of the child and herself. With that he let the child take her away. He stared at the back of Arya, wondering if she truly was alive. Arya glanced back at her master, sad to leave him.

Kaik was forced to stay near where he sat since he doubted Arya knew how to get back home. Having nothing better to do he tried to improve his meditation, in hopes it would help with his Auristics Initiation. Closing his eyes he began to shut off all the noises that were around him. Slowly the noises began to fade until they had disappeared. A sudden shaking began, someone was shaking his arm. Opening his eyes he saw the child grinning while Arya was pulling on his arm. "Hey mister, can I show you something?" she asked. He simply nodded as he followed the girl. "Strange girl." he thought.
Last edited by Kaik Leyr on July 12th, 2014, 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Words: 180721
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2014, 12:01 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Changing Perspectives

Postby Kaik Leyr on June 21st, 2014, 8:38 pm

As the girl led the way, Kaik's surroundings began to became more familiar until he had a good idea of where he was going...Ahleas Park. Entering the entrance of the park, red and orange light fill the group's vision. The girl turns around with a large grin.

"Well? Beautiful isn't it!" she said ecstatic. She was met with two pairs of dull eyes.

"Um, I live in the city...it's not that interesti-" he was cut short by the girl.

"What!? That shouldn't matter! I can understand why that girl wouldn't know, but you should appreciate this!" she said furious, "Can't you see? Do you not have eyes? You created such a beautiful girl without knowing what beauty is?"

Kaik found it funny being lectured by a child, however he appreciated her praise on Arya. Still the girl made a good point, what was beauty?

"Beauty? I-...I've forgotten what that is," he said.

"You know I've had enough of your gloomy self! You're companion is just as boring, yet she probably has more emotion than you!" she tries to calm herself before pointing at a group of Fadeong, "what do you see?"

He studied the plants for a few chimes, to the growing impatience of the child. Finally he spoke.

"Trees?" The words were like a dagger piercing her mind.

"Trees!? That's it?" Considering the girl's reaction he looked at the plants again.

Growing tired of Kaik's apathy, she speaks.

"Alright mister...stop using logic and just see these trees for what they stand for..see how the leaves create such a warm array of colors? Don't you feel a tiny bit happy?" she continued to stare up at the Fadeong, lost in the colors.

Taking heed to the girl's words he looks up at the tree with her, trying to open his mind. Just like the girl, he began to lose himself in the colors. A feeling of warmth embraced him as he stared up at tree.

"So? Did you feel it?" she asked.

Kaik responded with a light nod, still looking at the Fadeong. He still didn't understand Lhavit's charm, but he had at least felt it. Looking down at the girl, he found himself surprised by her intelligence.

"You're...pretty smart for a kid," he said.

"Of course! Wait...I'm not a kid! I'm like...ten!"

Kaik simply laughed, while the girl pouted. Looking up at the sky, the girl figured it was time to go, so with a simple farewell she runs back home.
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Changing Perspectives

Postby Kaik Leyr on July 24th, 2014, 12:18 am

Before leaving Kaik took one final glance at the Fadeong. Satisfied he left the park with Arya.

It was midday, which meant a few more bells for Kaik to enjoy before work. He considered returning home to try his Auristic Initiation again, but decided he would leave that task for another day. He walked aimlessly throughout the city, trying to see the familiar sights in a different way. To him everything looked bland, it was like he saw the world in black and white. Stopping at a nearby bench he sat down. He began asking himself why he had wanted Aurisitics in the first place. Auristics would give him knowledge about the world he would have previously never known, but Kaik was sure there was something more to it than just information.

As he thought more on it the answer finally came to him, he couldn't help but laugh at how obvious it was. A question he had asked to far too many people was why he was so interested in Auristics, "What makes Lhavit so beautiful?" It was a question he had hoped to answer once he was initiated. He returned home, happy to finally to see his purpose in taking Auristics.

Once again Kaik found himself closing his eyes to focus himself. He wanted to know why his initiation failed and to do so he wanted to think deeply about who he was. He had only one chance left to find the answer or else he would be late to work. No matter how much he tried finding his answer seemed impossible. Nothing came to mind as to what exactly he did wrong. Before he could even think of trying to continue, time had decided Kaik had other work to attend to. Quickly Kaik rushed out the door with Arya lagging behind, his mind still occupied with more questions than answers.
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Changing Perspectives

Postby Brandon Blackwing on July 27th, 2014, 2:39 pm

Kaik Leyr

XP Award:
  • Meditation +2
  • Socialization +1

Lore:
  • Auristics: see things differently?
  • Arya’s creation: Did she truly smile?
  • Meeting a bratty girl
  • Arya has more emotion than I do…?
  • Meditation: Who am I?
  • Auristics Initiation: I am doing something wrong… but what?

Notes:
Heh, I only now noticed that the majority of the lores I awarded have a question mark at the end. It wasn’t on purpose, but has something to do with the question-themed nature of this thread.

About that, you sell yourself short my friend, I liked this one. That girl was fabulous and made me laugh, she really did. I hope she comes back sometime, spreading her bratty wisdom like some kind missionary of sorts, haha! Seriously though you did a pretty good job.

Also, that one remark she made, which was the best moment in the conversation for me, was enough to earn you a lore, have fun with it :)

Please edit or delete your request in the request thread.
Comments, questions or concerns regarding your grade? Pm me.

Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)