PM to join [Kulkukan Tavern] Date Night (Alaia)

Amazing who you can visit at a busy tavern under such circumstances.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Kulkukan Tavern] Date Night (Alaia)

Postby Ashar on July 6th, 2014, 12:43 am

Ashar
24th of Summer, 514AV
The Kulkukan Tavern

As far as days have gone, today wasn't exceptional by any means. It was so average, in fact, that it was borderline boring. Not only had Ashar gotten to carry out his entire routine (eat, train, eat, patrol, train, and now eat, but it had happened so uneventfully that Ashar was beginning to wonder whether it would have been more interesting to let Jek take over today - and that was saying something.

What didn't help was the patrol partners Ashar had happened to luck out with during his afternoon duties. While an average patrol would have been uneventful, at least the banter among friends would have been enough to entertain Ashar for the duration. However, he had managed to somehow get into the same patrol as one of the worst Kavran in the entire cavalry branch, perhaps the entirety of the Kuvay'Nas. Not only was he weak (by Akalak standards), but he was whiny, a braggart, arrogant, puerile, and completely devoid of any sort of discipline whatsoever. All bark and no bite, even though he tried to.

Now now, Ashar, Jek said, doing his best to calm his light brother. Truth be told, he had even less patience with the Kavran in question than Ashar, but he was better at containing his disgust. It did not concern Jek, who was mostly a spectator, what this idiot who called himself a warrior did to himself. He isn't worth getting worked up over. You'll feel better after a meal, trust me.

You're probably right, Jek, Ashar sighed in reply. Sorry, I didn't mean to barrage you with thoughts of that pathetic excuse for a warrior. He just grates on me, and it's hard to let go. Such sincere apology to his dark brother would have been surprising at any other time. Not now, though, as he walked along the third tier of the city in search of food.

Jek responded in kind. It's quite alright, brother, he replied in a genuine manner. You know I have plenty of distaste for him myself, and if our roles were switched I'd be hard-pressed to get over it as well. But let us just enjoy a calm dinner and get him out of our minds. I'd rather not have that moronic blathering bully spoil our food.

I agree, said Ashar, as he scanned the nearby establishments. The twin souls, like any Akalak pairing, were naturally inclined to confront each other. It was the character of every shared-body relationship here in Riverfall. Yet even then, there were some elements that drove the twins together rather than apart, and this unsavory Akalak in question was one such element.

Does here look like a good place for dinner tonight? Ashar asked, stopping in front of the Kulkukan Tavern and looking inside. While the popular waterside inn was busy most nights, tonight seemed to be especially hectic in the comforting ruby lights. That did little to deter Ashar, though, who generally cared little for silence and much preferred over-activity to none.

The Kulk's fine with me, so long as you're the one wading into that ocean of people. Just be careful not to scare away all the humans, okay? replied Jek. He hummed thoughtfully. Wonder how Nystir and Chell are doing. Business this late at night must be booming in this wretched heat.

Nodding, Ashar walked up to the tavern and opened the door, instantly met with a wall of loud noise and uncomfortable heat. Indeed, the summer weather was driving everyone off the streets during the day, which meant that the busiest times were happening just after the sun went down. For example, right now. Especially down at the docks where there was always a rowdy bunch, it wasn't surprising to either Ashar or Jek that the Kulk was particularly rowdy tonight. Drunken laughs and manifold clinks could be heard throughout the seaside den, and just getting to the counter was a struggle.

Chell was serving drinks up as fast as she could when Ashar stumbled up to the counter, almost tripping over the smaller humans. His banging arms on the counter drew Chell's attention, and she smiled.
"Oh hello, Ashar!" she exclaimed brightly. "How're you doing this evening?"

"Just grand, thank you," Ashar replied with a toothy awkward smile as he tried to shove off one drunk who was leaning back on him, bellowing in stupid laughter. "Wysar, how do you keep up with all these oafs stumbling around your tavern?"

"Oh, they're not so bad once you get to know them!" Chell yelled over the din of the tavern, beaming at the Akalak's awkward position. "I'm a bit busy, but there should be one table left over in the corner if you want to sit down. I'll send someone over your way as soon as I can!"

"Thanks, I'll do my best not to trample anyone!" Ashar yelled back. Chell laughed and returned to her patrons while the Akalak did his best to weave, wade, and otherwise force his way through the unruly crowd to the one open table over the corner that Chell had directed him to. It was a big enough to seat four, and was clean enough to surprise Ashar and Jek as they sat at one of the corners.

Gods am I glad you're in control today, Jek remarked. If he were able to, he would wince as one particularly rowdy man banged on the table as he roared with laughter at a not-really-funny joke one of his compatriots had made. I would never be able to survive an ordeal such as this.

Just stay tucked away in there for now, I'll get us some food and we'll leave this noisy den, Ashar said in response, keeping his eyes open for the waiter that Chell said she would send over. Though he towered over the humans of the tavern, he looked more awkward than anyone else there. It was a comical sight, truly.
Last edited by Ashar on July 22nd, 2014, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashar is being renovated. Be patient!

"Do not try to fight yourself. Such is the road to chaos."
Image Image Image
Ashar
Pushing onward

Words: 142780
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 1:04 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alaia on July 7th, 2014, 8:49 pm

Alaia had been busy all day out in the woods and by the time she reached the docks she was starving. She hadn't eaten since before dawn and her clothes were ruined in dirt and torn by the time she made it back to her room in the pearl house. There were left overs as always but she wasn't really in the mood for left overs so instead she changed into her lace dress with plans to head to the Kulkukvan. Stepping out of the pearl house the Konti’s stomach rumbled fiercely only accenting the need she had to eat. She just wanted to go to the beach and let the sea run over her webbed toes but she couldn’t ignore the complaining of her empty belly so made her way down the pier towards the Kulkukan Tavern.

It wasn’t a place she often visited, the crowds made her anxious as she did everything she could do to avoid bumping shoulders with someone short of a little dance that would draw more unwanted attention to her. She was hoping that maybe the tavern would be experiencing a slower night then usual, perhaps her luck was looking up though after the day she had she doubted it. She had a headache that was trying to worm its way into her life and make her night an early one despite the fact she just wanted to sit on the beach for a few hours. The walk to the tavern wasn’t long but the lace dress she had changed into was sticking to her skin because of the light sheen of sweat.

Leth’s light cast a silver blanket over the city illuminating her soft skin and pale hair as she pulled it down into waves from the bun it had been captured in all day. The streets had a few stragglers, nothing too busy until she rounded the corner of the street that the tavern was on and she could hear the noise coming from inside. The voices were growling out the door that was propped open to allow a breeze to enter its cramped diners. It reminded her of her stomach that suddenly lurched at the smell of food as she drew closer to the establishment. Placing a hand on her abs she pressed her palm into them as if to silence her hunger and she paused at the door glancing inside, it was over run! She could barely even see the hostess let alone a free table for her to perch at while she ate.

Stepping closer she entered the tavern and pressed herself into the corner by the door as a couple exited the building laughing and carrying food to go. Maybe she could just order something and take it to the beach and eat alone? Yeah that was a bit too alone for her tastes tonight after seeing the friends and couples gathered here. Flaring her nostrils with a determined breath the Konti moved up to the hostess and cleared her throat before speaking loud enough to be heard over the roar of the pub. “Excuse me…” she waited until the smiling woman turned her attention to her and the continued “…is there any room here tonight?”

The hostess glanced around, a frown on her lips as her eyes expertly scanned the room taking inventory of the patrons before she turned back to Alaia “I’m sorry Miss, there are no empty tables…” Alaia frowned in response to the woman’s observation before confusion crossed her features when she was waved forward by the hostess. The woman pointed to a table off in the back of the Inn where a single man sat, an Akalak to be exact. “…I don’t think he came here with anyone maybe he’d share the table for the night.” The hostess winked and nudged Alaia forward with her hip as if she was trying to play some cosmic intervention on the pair before she allowed herself to be swallowed up in a crowd by the bar just as Alaia was about to say she rather just head out.

Well Alaia, you can either stand here like a tool or leave with no food. Her stomach rumbled in protest and she shook her silvery blonde hair before she pushed forward towards the table with the single Akalak. Her hands were knotting slightly in her lace dress before she forced herself to smooth out the fabric and offer the man a shy smile. “Hello, I’m sorry … but …” She waved back to the hostess she didn’t know the name of before looking back at him “…There are no other seats left, would you mind if I joined you?” She bit her lip and glanced around, the air of the tavern thrummed with the voices and bodies of others before she settled back on him. “You probably have others coming to meet you, I’m sorry I just … well … I’m Alaia.” She had absentmindedly begun fingering the lace of her dress again for something to do with her hands. A blush blossomed along her cheeks as she waited for him to either say no or allow her a seat at his table.

Last edited by Alaia on July 11th, 2014, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alaia
My soul whispers to you in the silence.

Words: 181488
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2014, 7:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Ashar on July 8th, 2014, 8:27 pm

Ashar

Patience was not one of Ashar's touted traits. He had absolutely no tolerance for any boredom, and there were a great many things he considered boring. Among them were activities such as reading, writing, painting, watching, relaxing, waiting, and thinking. Waiting wasn't so bad when he had something to do, but when he didn't it was the worst.

Surely you're not going to die from boredom, Jek chastised, amusing himself with his thoughts. It is a busy night here, and it will likely be another few chimes before someone comes by.

I know, I know, that's why I'm not getting angry, Ashar grumbled in reply, drumming his fingers on the edge of the table. The sound would usually calm him down, but with all the ruckus of the Kulk he couldn't hear a thing beyond the drunken shouts and laughs. It's still frustrating to wait, though. The sun only went down less than a bell ago, and already these idiots are drinking like fish. Perhaps we should have asked for our food up front.

Chell's very busy, you saw how much she had on her hands. It's a wonder she hasn't dropped dead yet with all the work she has to do. This place is probably like this every night, thanks to the heat. While Jek's responses were reasoned, he had developed far more patience than his light brother. It came with being the dark brother of the Akalak pair. By their very definition the dark brothers of the world spent less time in their bodies than the other soul they shared with, and thus often had to develop their own ways to amuse themselves. Patience came easily to someone who spent most of their life waiting.

To someone who spent most of his life fighting, however, waiting was awful. Though Ashar no longer had an adrenaline addiction, his job still had too many adrenal spikes for him to be satisfied doing absolutely nothing. Gah, I'm bored. Very, very bored.

Jek just sighed. It appeared that Ashar had a base level of personality that he always returned to, no matter how uncharacteristically learned he acted. You have got to learn how to take care of that restlessness. When there's something to pay attention to you're fine, like in battle or on patrol with all your other loud friends. It's when you can actually relax that you get antsy. And that's not normal.

Then Jek noticed something. At least you won't be bored much longer.

"Hello, I'm sorry, but..." came a timid voice in front of Ashar. Immediately he bolted upright and turned his head in the direction of the voice, and his eyes were greeted with the sight of a Konti shyly playing with the laces of her dress. Down boy. "There are no other seats left, would you mind if I joined you? You probably have others coming to meet you, I'm sorry I just... well, I'm Alaia."

In very little time Ashar was standing at his full towering height and smiling warmly. His eyes were gleaming with interest and his hand was offered. If taken, his shake would be firm but calm, with intent but gently so. He was excited to meet someone new, glad to be relieved of his boredom, yet wasn't hounding after her as a female like so many Akalaks would.

"I am Ashar Rhiad," he greeted smilingly, gesturing to the seat opposite him as he sat back down. Careful not to freak her out now, I'm sure she gets plenty of that elsewhere. "No one else coming. Please, have a sit."

To be frank, Ashar didn't have much of a history with women. Until recently he was an undisciplined thrill-seeker who cared only for the highs of excitement and danger, leaving little room for attraction to set in. He'd talked to women, of course, but never really as women. It was frankly concerning to his uncle and father, his utter lack of interest in reproducing. He had a duty to keep the race going, especially as a Kavran, blah bluh blah blah. He hadn't even gone through the Rite of Passage yet. Until such a time came that he would need to consider a Nakivak, he was happy to see women as friends. Besides, he had no doubt that a woman sufficiently trained in the art of warfare could knock him flat on his ass.

"How are you evening?" Ashar asked, tripping through bits of his Common in his excitement. "What bring you to the third tier? Do you live down here?"

Image Image Image
Ashar
Pushing onward

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alaia on July 11th, 2014, 12:13 pm

The Akalak in front of Alaia surprised her by standing up and offering her his hand with a welcoming gesture. His smile lit up his face and it made it impossible not to smile back at the male, her head tilting down slightly in her bashfulness. His hand was extended and for the briefest tick she just looked at it unsure if she should shake or not. Akalaks were always interestingly odd to her, their dual souls always something of a curiosity to the Konti but it also meant more things to see when she touched one of them. He also, surprisingly, wasn’t shooing her away and instead he was giving her his name and welcoming her to sit down with him. How could he not have someone coming to sit with him? He was handsome, in fact all Akalak were handsome so it didn’t make sense to her why he didn’t have another female or at least a few friends making their way to his table.

Finally Alaia reached out and slid her small hand into his to give him a firm yet somehow still gentle shake. The moment that their skin touched images flooded her mind and made her pause. She could feel the soul that was predominant right now. He had clear drive for his job and the antsy energy that was making him so quick to welcome her. The other soul slowly emerged in her visions that lasted only a breath. This other soul of his seemed a little bit more muddled in his intentions but that wasn’t uncommon if it wasn’t the dominant of the pair – either way she didn’t feel alarmed or frightened by what little glimpses she could see and feel even if they weren’t enough to put together a picture. She did know that the other soul of his wanted to be in control soon, why or when she had no idea though.

Taking her hand back she smiled softly “I’m Alaia, it’s a pleasure to meet you Ashar.” She bit her bottom lip and then stepped forward so she could take a seat with him at the table. One leg delicately crossed over the other and she smoothed out her dress to modestly cover her thighs. “Thank you for letting me join you.” Still unsure what to do she wasn’t really good at meeting new people without making it awkward unless the other person was more charismatic then her. She listened to him stumble over his common in his excitement and it made her grin from ear to ear considering she had the same problem when emotions were heightened. “I’m good.” A gentle hand tucked a piece of long waving hair behind her ear as she answered his next questions as well. She paused and then motioned towards the unseen docks “…I live at the Pearl House.”

Shifting her weight in her seat Alaia tilted her head watching him for a moment “What about you? What brings you to the tavern?” Just as she was about to ask something else a waitress came up to them looking a bit frazzled with all of her running around but she also seemed to be enjoying it. “I see you found someone to join you.” She grinned at the Akalak and then at Alaia before continuing “Sorry for the wait … What can I get you two? Or do you need a few moments?” Alaia’s eyes widened, she hadn’t even looked at a menu and this wasn’t exactly her normal place to visit. “I’ll just start with a glass of the common wine please.” It probably wasn’t best idea to have wine on an empty stomach but it had been a long day and she would eat food, maybe her unexpected dinner partner would order something that sounded delicious and she would just order the same.
Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Postby Ashar on July 25th, 2014, 8:29 pm

Ashar

It's always surprising how genuinely social and sensitive you can be when you're talking to people who aren't me, Jek remarked shortly.

It was surprising to Ashar too sometimes. Most of his days were spent at the Sasarans and on patrol, so he hadn't much room for a social life. Childhood friends were merely an idea for him, probably a byproduct of being raised by a father too wrapped up in his writing and an uncle who trained him to the bone, so a lot of the people he knew were in the moment and temporary at best. Didn't mean he enjoyed the moment any less, however.

"I'm good, I live at the Pearl House," the Konti, Alaia, replied.

"Ah, I see it," Ashar replied, yet more mistakes slipping through his demeanor. He put his weight on his elbows and leaned forward across the table, bringing him closer so the two of them could better hear each other over the din of the tavern. "What about you? What brings you to the tavern?" Alaia asked in return, to which Ashar smiled and shrugged.

"I live third tier, and the tavern is close. I've been here before, so why not tonight? Good a place as any." He looked around at the cacophonous activity around them, the already-drunk patrons jostling around along with those few still sober trying to quietly enjoy their meals similar to Ashar and Alaia. "It is a bit little annoying though. So loud."

You know you make just as much noise with the other three or four Kavran you patrol with, right? Jek asked, slipping into his usual snark. This is quiet compared to what you can do.

At that moment, one of the workers at the Kulk showed up at last, looking a little disheveled. It was to be expected from working this place, though. "I see you found someone to join you," the woman said smilingly. Ashar grinned in response, propping up his chin in his hand as he looked between Alaia and the waitress, whose grin grew to match his own. Come now, you get the pretty Konti lady, stop hounding after everyone, Jek joked. She offered a quick wink to the two patrons before asking for their order. "What can I get you two?"

"Meat," Ashar said quickly after Alaia was finished. "Maybe some wine too." After Alaia settled on whatever it was she wanted, the waitress would nod and start her journey back to the bar, disappearing into the roiling sea of people.

Feeling the boredom creeping back onto him, Ashar rolled his shoulders and looked down at Alaia.
"So where is your work? Are you a doctor, like many Konti? I've heard that there are many, though I have never talked to one."

Image Image Image
Ashar
Pushing onward

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alaia on August 2nd, 2014, 1:47 pm

The Konti felt her body being tugged to lean in when Ashar’s did, a mimic of sorts in response so that they could hear each other without shouting. Her lips curved into a smile at his words, the broken common rolling between them equally in parts. “It is very loud in here; not someplace I would normally come.” Alaia admitted with a shy smile. The crowd and noise in the tavern were making her anxious, her fingers in her lap twitching subtly on their own every time a particularly loud noise ricocheted off the walls of the business.

Turning her attention to the waitress she ordered her wine and then waited for Ashar to order his food, just as the waitress was about to turn away Alaia reached out and touched the woman’s upper arm where the cloth of her shirt hid her skin. “May I have some bread?” She smiled softly and then added with her rising anxiety “Please pack it to go, the bread and the meat not the wine. I’ll take the wine now.” She nodded and then settled herself back into her seat leaning forward slightly to speak with Ashar. “I hope you don’t mind.” She shrugged a delicate shoulder at her presumption that he wanted to leave, truly it was done more for her benefit. “Of course if you rather stay here that is fine, but I rather go outside. It’s peaceful out there.”

A blood slowly spread on her cheeks and she glanced away from him to smooth out her dress over her thighs. It wasn’t until he asked if she was a doctor that she looked up and flashed him a bright smile “I am, I work at the Gilia.” She paused briefly just to make sure he heard her and then she’d ask her next turn of questions. “What do you do for the city?” She watched him as he answered, her attention only being broken when the waitress came back to their table with wine for the both of them. Wine sounded good, listening to him talk sounded good as well. It kept her focused and her mind off the recent events in her life that tended to creep up and smack her across the face like an angry fish when she was least expecting it.

Lifting her glass of wine to her lips she took a sip and then lowered it back to the table “What's fun to you around here Ashar?” He seemed young for an Akalak, the more she looked at him the more she noticed the need to constantly be doing something that seemed to vibrate just below the surface. That was typically a sign of youth but it was so hard to tell the ages of Akalak for all she knew he could be older then her and she still looked like she did when she was in her late teens. It wasn’t long before the food came to them, they didn’t have much to do for their dinners and when it arrived Alaia smiled and paid the waitress for her wine and bread not accepting the change from the few silver mizas that were given. Standing up she looked at Ashar before tilting her head towards the door “Would you like to get out of here?”

Ledger-1 sm for bread loaf (the bread only costs 2 cm but I don't want the cm so she's just giving a tip or something)
-3 sm for common wine

OOCI hope you don't mind I am kind of pushing them out of the tavern, if you do I'll edit the post!
Alaia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

Postby Ashar on August 8th, 2014, 5:01 pm

Ashar

"It is very loud in here; not someplace I would normally come." Alaia said, to which Ashar nodded. He could completely understand not being rather fond of the overwhelming noise, not that he himself was much of a fan. Still, it's not as if he could say he hated such an atmosphere, since it generally meant easygoing and good fun. It was the kind of thing he raised with his comrades out on patrol. Come now, scolded Jek, don't sugarcoat it. This level of commotion and roughhousing is the kind of trouble you and the other Kavran raise on a regular basis.

Ashar had to smirk at that. Heh, you've got a point there, Jek. Though it's not like she'll be coming on patrol anytime soon, and if I don't tell her she'll never know.

You won't have to tell her, just spending a day or two around you and she'll find out well enough just how rambunctious you usually are. Though no one could see Jek's smirk, Ashar could feel it all too well.

Yeah? Well... shut up.

As the waitress turned back to Alaia one last time, the little Konti spoke up.
"Please pack it to go, the bread and the meat not the wine." Then she turned to face Ashar, who looked down at her directly. "I hope you don’t mind. Of course if you rather stay here that is fine, but I rather go outside."

"Nope, I don't mind at all," the large purple Akalak said in response, waving the matter aside casually with his hand. Never thought she'd be the first one to push for us leaving, he joked to Jek.

The dark brother's first response was a sigh. You know full well what she means, so why are you wasting time on me? You've got a Konti sitting across from you, keep her company.

I know, but talking to you is cathartic. It lets me say stupid things I probably shouldn't, and you're the only one who hears it, Ashar replied smilingly, nodding at Alaia's admission of being a doctor. The Gilia rung a bell as being the doctor place where the more wounded soldiers went, though fortunately Ashar had yet to receive such an injury that would require that much dedicated medical attention. Well, except for that one time. And, the that other one...

Jek sighed again, though mostly humorously. I am so honored that I am your audience on stupid stuff to say.

"What do you do for the city?" asked Alaia suddenly after a short moment of awkward silence. It had been only a little, but the pause was enough for Ashar to switch tracks and listen to Jek, and so he had to look back up - or rather down - to refocus on what it was Alaia was saying. He got the question clearly enough, though.

He smiled and made small gestures toward the bay at the front of the tavern.
"I'm a Kavran, one of the militia who protect and take care of the city. We're the closest things to soldiers Riverfall has, though we do a lot more than fight. Some of us act as emergency responders as well." The large Akalak rolled his shoulders, wincing a bit as they cracked and straightening his back for a bit before hunching back over. "I'm with the cavalry, specifically, and we do the more everyday stuff. We patrol, inside and outside the walls, and we take care of things that come up or get the infantry or archers if they're needed. I'm sure there's more to it than that at the upper levels, but I'm not even in a squad yet, so right now I'm mostly a patroller."

The wine, which had arrived while Ashar was talking, was quickly scooped up into one of the Akalak's meaty hands and quickly swilled soon after Alaia had taken a mere single sip. The alcohol was finer than what Ashar was used to for sure, and as it went down he couldn't help but feel a little... uncivilized might have been the correct word.

You think? Wine is not like that cheap ale or rum you're used to, not even cheap wine. It's meant to be tasted - sipped, not gulped. Ah well, guess I shouldn't have expected anything else.

Oh, quiet you, Ashar thought sharply, smiling apologetically and awkwardly at Alaia as he held the wine glass limply in his fingers, swinging it gently before putting it back down on the table.

"What's fun?" Ashar repeated, looking up from Alaia at nothing in particular on the ceiling. Thinking, he folded his elbow and braced it against the surface of the table, resting his chin in his palm. Fun, huh? he wondered listlessly, letting himself get absorbed in his own thoughts for a short bit. Jek didn't interrupt, letting Ashar collect his own answer.

"Eh, I don't really do much around here for 'fun' as you put it," Ashar finally replied, opening his eyes and looking down at Alaia. "I enjoy just mucking about with the other people on patrol, and dealing with whatever comes up along the way. It's fun to improvise, to feel a bit of an adrenaline rush as you play things by ear, but I'm not a complete thrill-seeker." He smiled at the Konti, putting his arm down. "I spend a lot of time training every day, trying to follow in Wysar's teachings of discipline. So it's not like I'm rushing off beyond the walls like a reckless fool. Just resolving issues that come up is enough, and the rest of my time is spent eating and sleeping. It's a simple life I've got, though it's fun enough. And I get to meet people like you during the down time."

Then the food arrived, and Alaia stood up, cocking her head at the door. "Would you like to get out of here?" she asked smiling.

For a moment, Ashar sat there looking at her, his mouth just slightly agape and with a look of mild surprise on his features. Then he grinned, dropping the mizas for the meal on the table as he stood up. It was an silly but somewhat sincere bow he gave the Konti, gesturing toward the exit on the other side of a sea of people. And here I thought it was only the guys that asked that question.

You're an imbecile.

Ashar chuckled, though Alaia would have no idea why, and instead of letting her try to push through the people the tall Akalak did it instead. He waded through the drunks and rambunctious roughhousing, driving through and carving a little room directly behind him for Alaia to follow close behind until they made it to the front door of the Kulk, where Ashar bowed again and gestured out into the cool night air. "I know a nice place on the docks, if you would like to sit and chat."

Image Image Image
Ashar
Pushing onward

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ssezzkero on May 5th, 2015, 3:20 am

Grades
If you have any questions or concerns, PM me.

Ashar
XP:
    Observation +2
    Socialization +4

Lores:
    Dealing with nuisances
    Jek is the patient brother
    Talking to a woman
    Alaia: Works at the Gilia

Loot/Loses:
    -3 sm for common wine
    -3 sm for chunk of meat

Notes: Don't forget to edit your post in the request forum as 'Graded'. Hehe, Jek makes me laugh. :)

Alaia
XP:
    Observation +2
    Socialization +3
    Leadership +1

Lores:
    Joining a stranger for a meal
    Ashar: Kind and handsome
    Socialization: Small talk
    Ashar: A Kavran

Loot/Loses:
    -3 sm for common wine
    -2 cm for loaf of bread
    -8 cm for a tip
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)