A Sorrowful Journey Comes to an End (open)

Ronin finds his way to Zeltiva.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Ronin Invictus on June 2nd, 2014, 1:25 am

Ronin eyed her suspiciously as she shrugged off the wall after a few moments that she seemed to consider something. Had she just taken advantage of his curiosity to catch him off guard? Ronin listened to her proposition however, he could act quickly if he had to. When he heard it, the proposition confused him more than anything.

Information for information, what could she possibly mean by that? What information did he have that she would find a use for anyways, and how would she know he had the information in the first place. Ronin was able to keep a calm face however, as she crouched down and explained herself, and when she did he smirked again slightly, so that was all she wanted. This only made him more interested then however, was she looking for something?

Ronin pretended to consider the deal then a pondering look coming upon his visage as he seemed to look upward deep in thought, he had already made up his mind but he decided he would find out more about the terms and see if he could find out what she was looking for.

"So what if, I just take your information and then don't hold up my end of the deal?" he asked somewhat mischievously, although not too much so as she could withdraw her deal from suspicion.
Ronin Invictus
Player

Words: 45120
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 12:02 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Black Onyx on June 2nd, 2014, 3:06 am

x
Black listened to the male before her, a mischievious tone to his words, and she couldn't help the smirk that rose to her lips. Should such an event happen, she knew exactly what she would do, however, you never let the one before you know that.

Slowly, she began to stand up and turned her back to him as she took a couple of steps away from him, she liked games, especially those that made her think and this male did make her think. However, he was right, if she did tell him what he wanted to hear, he could disappear and not hold up his end of the bargain.

Returning back to her post by the wall, she leaned her back against it once again, her arms coming back up to cross over her chest. "Unfortunately for you, I grew up here in this city, so I know every nook and cranny where a rat can hide." She allowed that to simmer within his thoughts for a moment.

"So I wouldn't advise being dishonest, besides, I wouldn't have to do the work for myself, I can just leak to another thief that someone is here is usurp them and they will seek you out with their own agenda." Of course she didn't have that kind of power, no one really did, but what was a small lie to an outsider? It didn't really mean a thing to her.

Image Image Image
Active Threads: 3/5
Black Onyx
Sometimes, our scars define us

Words: 175802
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2014, 11:49 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ronin Invictus on June 3rd, 2014, 12:50 am

He leaned back against the pillar now, propping his hands behind his head, closing his eyes for a moment, his weariness returning for a moment. Ronin exhaled through his nose lightly smirking as he almost chuckled. How interesting this could become, he thought. He could test her claim if he wanted, for all he knew she could be bluffing, and it seemed somewhat unlikely to him that there were many thieves that would go to so much trouble simply to protect their business. Most thieves stole solely to survive and many did not have the courage to branch out from their minor crimes of stealing here and there. Indeed Ronin had explored other paths other than being a thief, even once breaking into a house in Ahnatep, from which he narrowly escaped afterwards. The thief had nothing to lose so he could risk easily, he did not fear for his life as he spiraled downwards into a life of crime but he would not throw it away meaninglessly either.

He sat back up now his dark eyes flickered back up to her as he opened them "I'll take the deal then, and will keep my end of the bargain." he said somewhat disinterested. A light gust of wind buffeted them as the deal was sealed, almost as if nature itself was over seeing the two thieves' deal. He now watched her expectantly, despite being more difficult than he had to be he was still interested in what information she could give him. If he tried to just go off and start on his own it could be weeks before he could find any good spots for his profession.
Ronin Invictus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Black Onyx on June 3rd, 2014, 1:27 am

x
The longer the male continued to think was the moment Black was beginning to think this was a waste of her time. She could have taken the time it took for him to think of an answer, to walk back to her room.

She was beginning to think that he was only wasting her time when he finally answered with the correct answer and a nod of her head was given. For now she kept her silence, making him wait for an answer. Patience was not one of her strong suits, especially when the night was wearing on and she was growing tired.

Finally, after the rain began to settle, her gaze returned to the male. "I will be waiting for you here at the 12th bell every night for one bell only, I won't wait any longer. If you have information, turn up, if not, don't bother. Even I have to make a living stealing whatever I can."

Shrugging her form off of the wall, she began to walk towards the male once more her gaze turning downwards to view him, "Business is good, if you know where to look. East street is where the easy prey stumble down. Try the bars, Kelp bar sometimes have bar fights and special occasions. West street is not recommended unless you like running."

She turned to face the rain, giving him the view of her back. "Also, try and steer clear of the wave guards, they are most definitely not your friend." He should really know already that guards were bad news, but she had seen some thieves make an attempt at stealing a guards purse, it didn't really end up well for them.

Image Image Image
Black Onyx

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ronin Invictus on June 5th, 2014, 1:28 am

Ronin's features seemed to lighten slightly as the rain hit a lull, the downpour slowing down for a moment, maybe now he could find a better place to rest, if he so desired. However, he seemed to have gained a second wind now, he didn't feel like sleeping anymore.

Ronin stared out into the now drizzling precipitation as he listened to the information she gave him, taking careful note of their meeting time. His gaze drifted back to her as he heard her drawing closer again. Now she told him what he really wanted to know. It was indeed important that he knew where to start in a new unfamiliar place.

Town guards often set up traps of many forms in likely places where novice thieves would go and try to steal. Most often patrols where more frequent in the most obvious places, at least to ignorant thieves. It would be quite troublesome to be caught red-handed.

Ronin snorted lightly, exhaling air from his nose again in a almost silent laugh, and he just barely bit back a sarcastic comment at her last piece of information. A few moments later he stood up then, stretching as he did so in a slow tiresome way, almost like a cat waking early in the morning. In this moment he realized he was quite a few inches taller than her, Black standing over him before made her seem taller previously.

He picked up his pack then throwing one of the straps over his shoulder. He should get moving soon, before the rain picked up again, he would hate to get all wet again, but first he had something to ask, "So what exactly is it that you are looking for information on? Are you looking for something?" he inquired, tilting his head slightly as his eyes narrowed, "Or someone?"
Ronin Invictus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Black Onyx on June 5th, 2014, 2:52 pm

x
She listened to the movement behind her, a sigh settling upon her lips. She herself should get moving, she didn't exactly want to spread rain water throughout her room, not that it could be helped at times.
"So what exactly is it that you are looking for information on? Are you looking for something?" He seemed to pause, "Or someone?" He is observant, she told herself quietly as she closed her brown hues.

Her parent's dead bodies upon the floor, flashed through her mind. The blood pooling around their lifeless limbs and the footsteps of the intruder disappearing through the front door. The images and the sounds all reminded her that no where was safe, that no amount of shadows could ever truly hide someone.

"What I'm looking for is information, anything you can get me is appreciated. My motivation for wanting it, is none of your concern." She said softly as she quickly pulled the hood of her cloak up around her face, tucking her black hair back underneath it as best as she could.

"Remember, every night on the 12th bell I will be here, I'll only wait for a bell before leaving. Show up with information, if you don't have any, don't bother showing up." She said softly before stepping out into the light hazey rain, to leave the male standing there alone.

Image Image Image
Black Onyx

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aoren on August 9th, 2014, 12:20 pm

Riddled With Rewards
Black

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation + 2 EXP
Socialization + 3 EXP
Rhetoric + 1 EXP
Negotiation +1 EXP
Intelligence +2 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Observational Insight: Appearances Can Be Deceiving
Simple Desires, Simple Results
Zeltivan Contact: Ronin Invictus

Notes :
• | Ronin: Update your ledger to reflect proper seasonal expenses, please! When this is done PM me for your grade.

Just a note, Kelvics show no signs of their animal nature in their physical appearance when in human form. None. Perhaps in their mannerisms but animal features do not translate over.

If you have comments, questions or concerns please approach me at your earliest convenience. Don't forget to edit/delete your request in the request thread!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous