[Flashback] All Hogs Go To Heaven (solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Pavel on September 16th, 2010, 4:35 am

Flash Back:
25th of Spring, 507 AV - Dusk

In the blossoming splendor of early spring, just as the sun hit the horizon, a small clay creature entered the grounds of the Bronze Woods. In his hands he tugged a strand of rope, leading a cute little piggy, which he bought in town only a few days prior. The animal was pink as could be, and plump as a pumpkin. His little snout looked like a sapling stump, and each stubby little leg was not even half the tiny Pycon's size. He lead the sweet little piggy through the the vibrant marvel that could only be found here, the sun shining from the amber leaves, in a spectacle of awe that could only be found in this forest. The young Pycon had not been on his own for all that long, but he was ready to make something of himself. He was determined to be just like the tall ones, believing in his heart he could do everything that they could.

Pavel then took the cute little creature in close to him, leaning in and whispering. "Attention, piggy. Your name is now Sir Oinkety," he declared in a joyous tone. "I am your new Master, and now.... You are going to let me ride you." He said, with an eerily large smirk sprawled across his little face. He then leaped towards the creature, only to have it move aside just in time for poor Pavel to get a face full of moss and dirt. Immediately the clay head spun around, giving a sour glare at his newest purchase. "Bad, Sir Oinkety. Very bad. Do you chose the side of evil against your own Master?" He said in a melodramatic fashion. It was at that moment that Pavel heard a rustling coming from near by, beyond a patch of bronze bushes.

Little Pavel then tied Sir Oinkety to a near by tree, and whispered into his ear, "Stay right here...." Pavel stealthy made his way over towards the bush, peaking through to see what had made the sound. Through the bush, the Pycon spotted a great stag, standing tall and noble, picking off ripe juicy fig after fig from a tree only a dozen paces away. This was Pavel's chance to prove to himself that he could be just like the tall ones. He slowly slid along the ground, his body gradually melting down, concentrating on his every movement, imagining himself as the wind.... Swift, evasive, and smooth. He slowly closed in on the creature, grasping a near-by rock. He narrowed his gaze, and all at once brave little Pavel charged forward, throwing the stone as hard as he could towards the creature... The stone bounced off the deer's hied. The creature turned it's head, giving an annoyed expression to the odd little clay thing near him, but not seeing him as a threat, he continued to eat the tasty figs.

The Pycon gave an aggravated grunt, before moving closer to the stag, with a frustrated tone in his voice, "Hey! Hey you, Deer! You are suppose to be afraid of me... I am hunting you!" He said before giving a hard kick to the animals front nearest leg. "Do you hear me?" This time the stag wasn't so forgiving. He leaned downward to the small Pycon, bucking his head against it causing Pavel to fall over backwards, rolling downhill, as he gave out a yelp. "Errrggg," he said in an almost defeatist tone. He picked himself back up, with a grumble, staring down the creature, as he called out, "Hey, what do you think you are doing, knocking me down? Can't you tell I am a predator? What kind of deer are you?" he asked as he glared menacingly at the animal.

Last edited by Pavel on September 16th, 2010, 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pavel
Riley's Character

Words: 18621
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2010, 7:44 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Pavel on September 16th, 2010, 5:11 am

This little clay man wasn't going to be beaten so easily. He looked all around, finding the biggest rock he could find. picking it up, with an almost evil grin making it's way across his face in the most animated of fashion. He charged forward once more, and before he even tossed the rock, the dear ran pass the fig tree and through the forest. Pavel stood proud with his rock. Of course, he did not make a kill, but that didn't matter to him. After all Pycons don't eat meat anyways. Suddenly Pavel's pride was interrupted by a loud roar, causing him to spin in an immediate 180 degree turn, now face to face with an 8 foot tall wild grizzly bear. Pavel thought maybe a pellet of clay dropped from him right there and then.

As if guided by instinct, Pavel ran back the way he came, almost positive he would not be able to outrun a grizzly bear. Pavel ran and ran, focused only on his speed, so much so that he did not notice when the bear slowed down, smelling something a whole lot tastier than clay. As Pavel finally reached rocky ground, he heard a heart breaking squeal from behind, and it was he realized that Sir Oinkety had fallen in combat. A small clay tear formed beneath Pavel's right eye, before wiping it away. He did not have enough time to properly morn the loss of his wonderful piggy. Once the grizzly had made it to the rocks, the Pycon was no longer in site. The bear spiraled around the tree, looking upwards, not seeing the clay creature.

The bear sniffed the air, looking all around in curiosity. Pavel did not know if Grizzlies could smell clay, but he certainly did not want to find out. The Pycon let his breath ease, keeping calm, as the bear continued to sniff about, pacing back and forth. Now Pavel was not the wind in his mind. He was the shadow, ever present, ever hidden, ever safe beneath the light of day and the cover of night. Finally the bear gave up in frustration, perhaps knowing that clay was not edible for him. In whatever case, Pavel was relieved. After a few minutes, a single rock, secretly made of clay, slowly shifted back into it's natural form, as a fit Pycon. As relieved as Pavel was, he also felt a great sadness for the loss of his first true comrade, Sir Oinkety. He looked up to the sky, before whispering into the wind, "You fought bravely, my friend. You shall forever be remembered," he said with a somber smile, nodding his head, before finally making his way back out of the dangerous woods.

The End

R.I.P. Sir Oinkety

Pavel
Riley's Character

Words: 18621
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2010, 7:44 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Dusk on September 30th, 2010, 4:31 am

XP Award!

Pavel
XP Award: Riding (Pig): 1 XP, Stealth: 2 XP, Throwing (Stone): 1 XP, Intimidation: 1 XP
Lore Award: Dangers of the Bronze Wood
Ledger:

Additional Note
That was AWESOME. Favorite thread of the week!

PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)