Everything Right is Wrong Again (Nel + Murdoch)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Nel Sayo on June 14th, 2010, 5:58 pm

“Mostly I spent a lot of time being angry at you,” she muttered, which really meant that she'd missed him enough to be angry at him. Nel didn't hold onto anger all that long, in general, because she was more predisposed to turn her attention to happy things than to dwell on the unhappy ones. But she'd dwelt on Murdoch. After a minute or two, she tilted her face to nuzzle into his hair, simple affection that better answered his question, really, than any words she might have used. Then she sniffed. “You smell awful.”

Well and he'd just been on the road, where she doubted he'd been often able to find a bucket of water, let alone any kind of soap. She didn't mind, really, not really, but it certainly knocked him down a few pegs as far as pleasure slaves went. A smile still played on her mouth as she lifted her head, and she nudged him a little with the arm he'd preoccupied his face with.

“You're not allowed in my bed til you bathe. It's a nice bed. It's like the nicest bed I've ever had.”

Which was sad, but utterly true.
Nel Sayo
a silver lining.

Words: 114187
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 9:08 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Murdoch on June 15th, 2010, 12:17 am

He snickered against her arm, knowing good and well that he probably smelled like sweat and dust and too many days between baths. "I'll make it up to you when we get back. I'll get the biggest, fluffiest bed I can find. Take up half the room with it. Promise," he chuckled, sneaking one more kiss from her mouth before finishing off his wine and passing the cup back to her. "Fine, fine, a bath it is," he said with a roll of his eyes, sliding up to his feet and stretching carefully.

"Don't suppose you wanna wash my hair?" he asked, laughing as he dodged away lest she swat at him, and making his way back into the bathing chamber.
Murdoch
Player

Words: 128476
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 11:59 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Nel Sayo on June 15th, 2010, 1:07 am

The smile that burst onto Nel's mouth at the promise of such a huge bed was likely the first beam of sunlight Doc had seen in a season. It was the same slow-brightening reflection of trust and wonder that had always been her smile, but it lit for him alone, despite the surrounding darkness. Even if it made no sense, and the chances of them making it back anywhere together, in any state to use a gigantic bed, were slim to absolutely none, that he even made the promise was enough. Those little things, the seemingly unimpressive moments, were her favorite ones.

She took the cup and got up when he did, rolling her eyes at the suggestion that she might want to wash his hair, but the smile lingered on her mouth as she put the cup back where she'd found it.

“I don't even believe you've ever washed your hair,” she said, as she came back towards him, shooing him into the bathchamber, and then actually pushing him towards it. “And don't try telling me you have, because you lie too much.”
Nel Sayo
a silver lining.

Words: 114187
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 9:08 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Murdoch on June 15th, 2010, 1:48 am

He grinned in response to her smile, a little dizzied by the brightness of it. It was the exact same thing he'd dreamed of, and to find it again - well, he never thought he'd see it again.

When she shoved him, he laughed again and stumbled into the bathroom. Anyone who might be listening from outside might have been surprised to hear such sounds of happiness considering their situation, but then they probably didn't know Nel.

"Hell no," he agreed, shooting a grin over his shoulder. "A couple of coppers at the bathhouse gets you a very lovely young woman to wash it for you," he snickered as he started untying the laces of his pants.
Murdoch
Player

Words: 128476
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 11:59 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Hatter on September 30th, 2010, 4:53 am

Awards for You!

Character: Murdoch, Nel
Awarded XP:
  • Murdoch: +2 Negotiation, +1 Drinking, +2 Interrogation, +1 Investigation, +3 Sedudction
  • Azilis: +2 Observation, +1 Drinking, +1 Brawling, Seduction +2
    Awarded Lores:
    • Murdoch
      • NPC Relation: Tall Johnny [Minor]
      • In Sunberth Nothing is Set in Stone
      • Love Is Fickle, but So Delicious
    • Nel
      • NPC Relation: Tall Johnny [Minor]
      • In Sunberth Nothing is Set in Stone
      • Love Is Fickle, but So Delicious

Observations of a Mad Man: Heya. Sorry this thread took so long to get graded. Did Lim ever continue this plot for you two? I'd be happy to take it over if he didn't. As I always say, if you think I missed something or are unsatisfied with these results let me know in Pm and we can hash it out.
Hatter
Something Auspicious

Words: 61629
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2010, 8:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous