Murdoch Kin'rath

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Murdoch Kin'rath

Postby Murdoch on March 16th, 2010, 12:13 am

Just before our love got lost you said, "I am as constant as a northern star."
And I said, "Constantly in the darkness? Where's that at? If you want me I'll be in the bar."
~Joni Mitchell

Basic Information

Race: Human
Birthday & Age: Unknown day, Spring of 482 AV. 28 years old.

Physical Description

Murdoch is both handsome and charming, with a winning smile that just reeks of mischief and cunning. Physically non-descript, he's not too tall and blends into a crowd well, dark haired and hazel-eyed and perpetually unshaven.

Character Concept

Murdoch is a smarmy sonuvabitch, and makes no bones about it. There's rarely a person he can't get to smile, a serving girl he can't woo, a gambling man he can't swindle out of a few mivas. He's not a bad guy, oh, no. No one would ever call him a bad guy. But that's only because they don't realize until far too late that he's cut their pursestrings, or cheated them at cards, or drunk the wine from their cups. Then they'd probably have a few choice words for him.

Last edited by Murdoch on September 25th, 2010, 4:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Murdoch
Player

Words: 128476
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 11:59 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Murdoch Kin'rath

Postby Murdoch on September 25th, 2010, 3:57 pm

Transcript from a Jamoura archivist in The Spires:

I don't know why you'd want to know the story of little ol' me. You're not gonna use my name, right? A bit hard to ply my trade when you're in the storybooks. Better to just leave it at that. Hell, I'm not even sure why you're looking for some worthless theif's life story, but you're paying in gold so I'm not one to judge.

I was born as so many are in Sunberth, in a garbage-strewn alley on the streets. What a shykehole that entire city is. Aw, don't look so sad, it's nothing to pity. It's just the way things are. No point giving me the big, sad monkey-eyes over it. Poverty makes a man stronger, yes? As does learning how to steal bread and fruit by age five, how to slit a throat before your balls drop. Good times.

My mother? Who knows. No one really knows their parents in the stews, just whatever gang of brothers and sisters you grow up with. Most of mine were dead before I left, but that just sort of kept the competition down. A few of them are probably still around, but in the streets of Sunberth you stake out your territory and make sure you've a bad enough reputation to keep the rest of 'em far, far away.

That's the good thing about Syliras, enough room for everyone. I came out here when I was, oh, I guess about sixteen? Got a nice little set-up now, well enough known that most people never suspect it's me that's scooping a gold or two from their pockets. And if they did ever get the balls to accuse me, I've always got a few people around who'll cry foul and proclaim my innocence. One of the great things about Syliras is that there is no ugly underbelly, no whisper-ridden underworld or even outright syndicate the way there is in Sunberth. Everyone's nice here. They live quiet lives and smile when they walk down the streets, secure in the knowledge that the Sylirian Knights will keep them safe. As long as I'm smart about it, I can make a decent living just on gambling and thieving alone.

The trick to being a really good thief, see, is not to shit where you eat. You don't steal from the people you're going to be rubbing elbows with every night, or if you do you make sure it's small amounts, a miza here or there, something they won't notice when they're in their cups. Then you just make your money on the big hauls and make sure it never comes home to roost. Anonymity's the key, and a charming smile will get you farther than a blade every time. Hell, do you know how many rich wives in this town are just aching for a handsome rogue to climb out their window in the morning? And how many of them really keep tabs on every piece of jewelry on their nghtstand? Hell, I can live all year on a few good fucks. And the best part about that is no one gets hurt - the husband never finds out, the wife is better off for a night in my arms, and I get enough gold pieces to pay the rent. Now can you honestly tell me there's anything wrong with that?

Oh, let's see... um, what've I stolen, hmm... I rolled a priest once and got this really nice collection of poisons that went for top dollar. Don't know what a priest was doing with 500 gold worth of deadly poison, but I sure as hell wasn't about to track him down and ask him. What else? I gakked a chest of copper mizas from the Mint - they don't track the coppers down as hard as they do the gold, and I still got a good bit of scratch out of it. Oh man, those Knights are a pain in my ass, man. Thank all the gods they're still human, though. Because human means greedy, and corruptable. Not that it's easy, mind, but there's always one. Always. Sucks when you get the one who's not The One, though. Got this scar right here when one caught me nicking silks in the market. Learned my lesson there, I tell ya.

Anyway, I've been in Syliras for the last decade or so, don't have any plans to leave. I've got wine, women, gold, everything a man could want really. Why would I ever want to leave? What? HA! No, no wife, no children. Do I look like the kind of guy who'd settle down? Please. Besides, what's the point? I'd just break whatever vows I made anyway. Better to stay focused on me. I mean, I'm the most important thing, right?

OOC Note: For more on his background, read this thread.

Last edited by Murdoch on September 25th, 2010, 4:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Murdoch
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Murdoch Kin'rath

Postby Murdoch on September 25th, 2010, 3:58 pm

Abilities:
Survival in most environments

Gnosis:
Tyveth - Level 1

Skills:

Larceny: 31/100 (15 pts RB, 10 pts from SP, 1 XP, 1 XP, 1 XP, 1 XP, 1 XP, 1 XP)
Seduction: 20/100 (5 pts SP, 1 XP, 1 XP, 2 XP, 3 XP, 1 XP, 2 XP, 1 XP, 1 XP, 1 XP, 2 XP)
Gambling: 16/100 (10 pts SP, 3 XP, 1 XP, 2 XP)
Daggers: 15/100 (10 pts SP, 2 XP, 3 XP)
Rhetoric: 15/100 (2 XP, 2 XP, 1 XP, 1 XP, 1 XP, 1 XP, 3 XP, 4 XP)
Interrogation: 12/100 (3 XP, 1 XP, 1 XP, 1 XP, 2 XP, 2 XP, 2 XP)
Climbing: 10/100 (10 pts SP)
Stealth: 6/100 (5 pts SP, 1 XP)
Negotiation: 6/100 (2 XP, 1 XP, 1 XP, 2 XP)
Teaching: 6/100 (1 XP, 1 XP, 4 XP)
Observation: 5/100 (1 XP, 1 XP, 1 XP, 1 XP, 1 XP)
Debate: 4/100 (2 XP, 1 XP, 1 XP)
Persuasion: 3/100 (1 XP, 2 XP)
Flirtation: 1/100 (1 XP)
Storytelling: 2/100 (1 XP, 1 XP)
Brawling: 1/100 (1 XP)
Leadership: 1/100 (1 XP)
Intimidation: 1/100 (1 XP)
Drinking: 1/100 (1 XP)
Investigation: 1/100 (1 XP)
Wilderness Survival: 1/100 (1 XP)
Flirtation: 1/100 (1 XP)

Lores:

Guard Movements: Syliras - The knowledge of when and where the guards go on their rounds, and what times the shifts change.

Or are you just happy to see me? - The ability to identify when a person is carrying a concealed weapon

Male Posturing
Tour Guide for Syliras
Golden Dragon
Sincere Apologies
Pushing Nel's Buttons
Accepting Personal Weakness
Comforting Nightmares
Self-Torture
Personal Angst
Nel's Perpetual Cheerfulness
Being Protective of Nel
Botching a Robbery
Changing Plans on the Fly
NPC Relation: Tall Johnny [Minor]
In Sunberth Nothing is Set in Stone
Love Is Fickle, but So Delicious
Familiar Feelings: Sunberth
An Unwelcome Home
Reluctance to meet a new friend
Being judgmental
Using your head the wrong way
Naming Others
Setting up newer players
The Perfect Prey
Fooling the Law
How to Catch a Snitch
Being Half Naked in Front of a Crowd
Underestimating an Opponent
Flirting While in the Middle of a Fight
Taunting an Opponent
Realization that Death May Be Imminent
Staying Calm in the Face of Danger
Being Generous to the Man that Just Tried to Kill Me
A Woman's Touch Can Make Almost Anything Better
Trying to play cards with strangers
Failing to play cards with strangers
Not letting failure spoil the mood
He didn’t actually see that I was making fun of him, did he?
Maybe I’m not the bigger man, but I am a lesser jerk
Keeping your cool
Trying to intimidate rude guests
Provoked into being less than friendly
Charming through and through
Festivals of Riverfall
Knowledge of Dog Breed: Jivatalus Ghost Dog
Knowledge of Konti Origins
Love of the game
Silver tongue

Last edited by Murdoch on November 9th, 2011, 4:30 am, edited 16 times in total.
Murdoch
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Murdoch Kin'rath

Postby Murdoch on September 25th, 2010, 3:58 pm

Equipment

Starting Package:
1 set of city clothing
1 black cloak
1 pair high boots

Leather belt
Fancy belt buckle
High boots
Brown leather pants
Wool cloak
White cotton shirt
Brown leather jerkin
Brown leather gloves
Brown leather knife sheath
1 Backpack: Toiletries, various dried foodstuffs, a small knife, flint & steel, and waterskin. Kept in his apartment.
Thieves' tools
Assassin's dagger
Silver ring (stolen in Stormhold Citadel)

Murdoch holds an apartment in Stormhold Castle in one of the more tawdry areas.

Family heirloom: Murdoch still bears a dagger that was given to him by his first love, Ydretha Djelini. It is the same dagger he later used to kill his brother Rakess.

Ledger

+100 gm (Starting Package)
-30gm: Thieves' Tools (Starting Package)
-4gm: Assassin's dagger (Starting Package)
-6sm: Ale, Rearing Stallion Sp15/510
+8sm: Larceny, Rearing Stallion Sp15/510
-1gm: Whore, Golden Dragon, Sp19/510
-38gm 5sm: Spring 510 Seasonal Expenses
+200gm: Spring 510 Seasonal Earnings (Gambler/Thief)
+2gm, 7sm: Larceny, Stormhold Citadel
+150gm: Summer Seasonal Earnings (Thief)
+20gm: Bout at Spinning Coin
-45gm: Summer 510 Seasonal Expenses
-5gm: Fall 510 Seasonal Expenses
-29gm: Kulkukan Tavern - Room and Board
-4gm 8sm: Clothing in Riverfall
-2sm: Gift for Kavala
-2gm: First Half Winter 510 Seasonal Expenses
-23gm: Second Half Winter 510 Seasonal Expenses
-45gm: Spring 511 Seasonal Expenses
_____
242 gm, 7 sm, 0 cm

Last edited by Murdoch on December 12th, 2011, 4:43 am, edited 11 times in total.
Murdoch
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Murdoch Kin'rath

Postby Murdoch on September 25th, 2010, 3:59 pm

Last edited by Murdoch on December 12th, 2011, 4:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
Murdoch
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Murdoch Kin'rath

Postby Murdoch on February 23rd, 2011, 6:49 pm

Code: Select all
[style=width:720px; padding:30px; color:#14130d; margin-center:2 px; border:2px solid #9a9566; background-color: #9a9566;][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=3718[/img][left]

TEXT

[/left][/style]
Murdoch
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)